Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 # 9

Default Babies Born May 2006 # 9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May 06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Forum Name: missbexy27
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd of May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 6.58kg Length – 60cm Head Circ - wouldn’t have a clue!!!
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Mason
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/masongm
    Health Concerns: None – so far
    Notes: He is our little ray of sunshine!
    __________________________________________________ ___________

[color=blue] Forum Name: Baby_Crazy05
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3202grams Length - 53 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Jovi Lee
    Baby's Website: none ... yet
    Health Concerns: Loss of weight when she was born but has certainly picked up now

__________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scrappyfish
    Baby's DOB: 09/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 3oz/ 3260gm - Length - 50.5cm - Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Darcy
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Mummy's pre-eclampsia and toxeamia
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___

Forum Name: Mummy4Life
    Baby's DOB: 9th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13 1/2 ozs Length -52cm Head Circ -38cm
    Baby's Name: Phoebe Belle
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is just perfect!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Forum name: marlea9
    DOB: 9 May 2006
    Stats: Weight 7 pound 4 ½ ounces (3330g) Length 49.5 cm. Head Circ: 34 cm
    Name: Kaitlyn
    Health concerns:. Colic / reflux.
    Notes: She’s beautiful.

Forum Name: Angelique
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3244grams Length - 49 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Baby's Name: Katerina
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Colic and reflux
    Notes: Can't put her down after 7pm for long HELP.

Forum Name: Midgyt
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB:15 May 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lbs4oz, 49cm, 34.5
    Baby's Name: Matthew

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Lea13
    Baby's DOB: 18 May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7 pound 4, Length - 49 cm, Head Circ – 36 cm
    Baby's Name: Emerson Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Lactose Intolerant
    Notes: Daddy & Mummys Pride & Joy
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Neverplan
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 21/5/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 15oz / 4040gm - Length - 50cm - Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Adam
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Shereejoy
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 22nd May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.88kgs (6lb 5.5oz), 51.5cm Long, 35cm HC
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Lachlan Robert Mcleod
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbubbles/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Our Miracle baby has survived bleeding brown and red from 5 to 8.5 weeks and mummy passing a clot the size of her plam at 11.5 weeks and waking in a pool of red blood and lots of cramping. A true little miracle, our little precious Man

Forum Name: eluded
    Baby's DOB: 25/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ – 6lb 8oz (2950g) – 50cm – 35cm
    Baby's Name: Kiara Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is an absolutely gorgeous happy girl…
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Forum Name: Tannis
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 26/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13oz or 3550g Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Baby's Name: Jayden Nicholas
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jayden2605/
    Health Concerns: Slight weight loss and projectile spews, but has settled down now
    Notes: He's perfect!!

Forum Name: Jodie259
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 27th May, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.98kg Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Shaun Shalom
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/jodie259
    Health Concerns: Really healthy, but has sleeping issues
    Notes: 1st baby for me (38y.o), emergency c/section birth

Forum Name: Rachy
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 30th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 9lb 2.5ozs, 54cm, 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Krystal Emma
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; October 1st, 2006 at 04:15 PM. Reason: removing details

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

YAY!! I'm first!! Thats all I wanted LOL

I'll go back to the old thread and do personals tomorrow I am way way tired!! It was my SIL's (my bro's wife) bday today...I had no idea my Nan rang me to give me the heads up....so I rang her and she was none the wiser haha anyway its late and I need way too much beauty sleep LOL

Night girls
    oxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Touching base so I don't miss out on all the action in here! Shaun went to health centre today and he is right on target for length and weight (6.88kg)... but he's got a little head! But that's okay. It's still with in the range... but not as big as 'average'. But he has a 'flathead' at the back, which also makes his head measurement a bit smaller.

Lea - I really feel for you and Em with the teething. I guess we're all going to go through it soon. Damn... we just get a sleeping routine started, then the poor little mites are in teething pain. How was your friends dinner?

Babydreams/Shazz - relief to hear that Nick will be okay. Congratulations.

neverplan - I feel for you too. You sound like supermum. LOL at them all fighting when you look busy!

scrapyfish - don't beat yourself up about Darcy's tumble. I am sure we are all going to go through similar experiences. I prop Shaun up on the bed or couch and surround him in pillows, and he still goes sideways! So long as Darcy's not roaming the streets by herself.... A year ago a little girl was run over in the suburbs and they couldn't find her mum. They had to do a door knock and it turns out she was asleep, and let the todler brother "take care of the baby". AAAahhhh!!!

Now that our mothers group has disbanded, we are having our first get together at one of the girls homes tomorrow. I've offered to be next weeks host!

I found some great web links for baby massage, mum exercising with baby, Baby CPR, choking and various other helpful things. Good diagrams or photos. I've printed off the emergency stuff and having it laminated. Although I know CPR, I'ld be a nervous wreck trying to remember it under pressure. And they've recently changed the CPR to 30 compressions and 2 breaths. Anyway... the reason I mention this is that if anyone ones me to send the links.. just email me and I'll shoot them off to you. I'm not sure if we can put our email in these posts... but go to any of my business sites and hit any of the emails there and I will send you the links. I'm looking forward to doing some mummy & baby exercises!

I'm also doing a "lets read" survey/programme for a hospital or government (don't really know!). It was offered when I first took Shaun to maternal health. She said it would be 1 survey a year for four years... then they would come out and access him. I thought that was pretty easy, and I had every intention on reading lots to shaun anyway. But today I went to maternal health and she gave me a package with a DVD of books being read out, and one of their 'recommended' books. I think I will be getting regular books from them - which is a real bonus!! Shaun loves reading. He particularly likes Miffy and Spot.

Got a busy day on Wednesday. Gym in the morning, Mothers group at lunch time and Weight Watchers in the evening.

Gosh it's nearly 1am and I've got to clean my house and dip some strawberries in chocolate before going to bed!

Morning girls..... the outlaws have gone home and everything is getting back to normal. I really enjoyed having my MIL here for the week though, it was a bit lonely yesterday. Not to worry.

Just wondering if anyone's bubs have had their first hair cut yet. Katys got a great mop of hair but is 'balding' on the sides and now starting to get a 'patch' at the back. Should I cut it or just let it go. It's starting to look like she's wearing a toupe' (spelling???). The top sticks right up in a big curl, and her daddy says 'hello ****y!". LOL

Sara: Poor Briley...Just getting over her yukky cold and now she has to deal with teething!! I really feel for our babies...they really go through so much!!

Kim: I know what you mean about the drool! Jayden's drool is coming in thick and fast LOL his hands are usually wet now from him having those hands in his mouth. Darcy will be fine I'm sure, Jayden rolled off the couch when he was about 4weeks old...actually I felt so bad it happened that I have only just told DP about it about 3 days ago LOL, there was no damage though, Jayden cried for a second or 2 and then he was fine. If you don't tell her when she's older....she'll never know LOL.

Vic: Unfortunately I think Jayden might be a bit that way with police if he listens to DP after being pulled over LOL....I keep telling DP if you don't speed there wouldn't be a problem and its for his own safety. He hasn't had a fine for ages, within a year though
    Poor you with all the kids on holidays!! Aww, Adam getting frustrated!! Jayden gets frustrated when he can't do something.

Nat: Your right he did roll again...and again....and again LOL He rolled from bellyto back 4 times at IL's house last night, he has worked out how to do it and not just fluke it hehe. What rusks are you using, the only one I've seen is for 6mths plus...do you just use those? How was dinner...what did you eat?

Jodie: Shaun is going well!! Good to hear he's getting a good sleep routine going...just hope teeth don't bother him too much hehe. Have you noticed that just after you started getting used to a routine, or something they do....they go and change on you?? hehe cheeky monkies!!

Leanne: No haircuts here yet, but my niece is getting her first haircut today and she is 7.5mths old......even though I think she should have had a hairdcut the day she was born LOL.....she has mroe hair than I have ever seen on a bub hehehe

Well no sleep for the wicked here. I didn't go to bed until after 1am....Jayden was up for a feed at 2am even though he didn't go to bed until nearly 11pm then awake again at 5.30am or somewhere around there. Of couse he was wide awake after that feed and is still kicking, gooing and half rolling around his play gym!! I am so tired its not funny!!I think today....when he sleeps I sleep.........Housework is done, I need to get groceries but it can wait til tomorrow.....and to my knowledge, no visitors but with the kids on holidays anything is possible hehe.

I'll be back later when I'm more human!!

oxoxox
    Last edited by Tannis; September 27th, 2006 at 06:47 AM.

Man do you girls ever go to sleep????

Jodie I work in a fairly ethnically diverse (we have 306 different countries represented) area. We do those jobs ALL THE TIME - it makes me so frustrated! But when I was at kids hospital and babies fell I was always "What were their parents doing?" She's just so determined to have what she wants. You are a legend if you got all your jobs done last night.

Katy just need some bows Leanne (....only joking) LOL. Poor little thing. You know how long it will be before Darcy needs a haircut. Allthough now she has got two split ends! So it must be growing.

Sheree when you get back I figured how to keep the sheet tucked in tight!!!

Tania ~ YAY for being first!! YAY for the rolling again! And again… Dinner was really good actually. We had butter chicken and choc honeycomb ice cream for desert – hmmm! Then we did a few girly things like exfoliate our hands – my hands have never felt or smelt so good LOL. Damn for the no sleep either. We had a pretty good night – Em was down at about 10.30 and didn’t wake until 6 so I was rapt even though I was in bed until after 12!

Jodie ~ Glad to hear Shaun is on target! LMAO @ his little head… there is something always to big or too little or too long or too short… just goes to show that no two babies are the same!! I know what you mean about the sleeping routine – ours goes out the window everytime he has a bad few days with his teething. Very tiring. That is excellent about the Lets Read program. Sounds great. Please do not tell me that you were cleaning at 1 in the morning?!?! :eek: sounds like you’re busy!

Kim ~ Sleep… what is that lmao?

Leanne ~ LMAO @ Kaitlyn having a toupe!! Em’s hair doesn’t need a hair cut yet. If you do trim it don’t forget to keep a lock!!

Well sorry its rushed. I’m just on my way out the door and remembered that I need to stop and get something on my way! Will chat to you all this afternoon I’m sure!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Afternoon Ladies,

Wow do I have a lot to catch up on!!!! I'll have to come back later to do personals...

Just a quick up date....took Phoebe to have her immunisation on monday, she started screaming before the nurse even started. She was screaming so hard that she went bright red from head to toe. Poor little thing.....her temp flared up a bit, but other then that she was fine. Phoebe had the injections and the nurse gave Samuel the lolly pop, work that one out. I guess for Samuel there is advantages to having a baby sister. (lol)

A bit concerned about her weight gain though, she has only put on 510 grams in 2 1/2 months. I said to my DH that it just doesn't make sense. She looks alot bigger, growing out of her clothes at a steady pace, eats and sleeps well and is 9/10 happy and content. I couldn't get her in to see the doctor so I plan on making an appointment at the end of the week just make sure that she isn't losing weight and just to have a chat with the dr. I tried her out on some rice cereal the other day, but she just isn't ready. I just may need to supplement with a FF, don't know see what the dr says first. I compared her growth chart with Samuel's at the same age, and they are near identical. Both of them their weight gain was poor at this age, but Samuel was very unhappy and you could tell that something was wrong, but with Phoebe she is as happy as larry and extremely content???? I'm confused.

BBL, Take Care. X

Hi girls, just quickly dropping in...

My DH just phoned to say he was unsuccessful with his job interview. When I asked how he felt he said [I]"like crap" [I] What can I do? I feel sick in the stomach, as it will mean that I'll probably have to go back to work soon, something I don't want to do. I am only just starting to enjoy Katy with my PND and I don't think I could cope yet at work.

I feel so sorry for him as its not from lack of trying. He works so hard but it does not seem to be recognised. Do you think I am being selfish if I say I don't want to go back yet?

Any ideas???

Tania ~ I give Em the rusks from 6 months. Is that bad? He never even swallows the biscuit stuff - it just covers his face and top and everything else LOL... even if it is bad he is still having them LOL. The only thing that keeps him quiet sometimes!

Leanne ~ Your poor DH. Getting knocked back from a job is a horrible feeling especially when you really need it or want it! You are not being selfish to say you don't want to go back to work yet. Can you perhaps organise some work from home stuff or a casual position say even at a supermarket or something like that where you can pull in couple hundred a week extra whilst DH looks after Kaitlyn? I will brainstorm on it more tonight! I'm sure the other girls will have some great ideas.

Mummy4Life ~ Poor little Phoebe with her needles. She must have remembered the nurse from last time. Hey do you know where Arthur & Marthurs is/was? It sounds as though she is a happy little vegimite despite the low weight gain. What percentile is she in for length and weight? GL with the Dr's appt.

Just quickly posting - we had a great day at Kindergym, Em was good but suddenly his cheeks went bright red this afternoon and he's been a bit fussy since. He is asleep now though. Hope everyone had great Wednesdays!

Hi again, wow three posts in one day!!!

Katy must have felt me being a little down after DH's bad news, and she rolled over for the very first time! Now she won't stop. I put her in bed and a few minutes later there she was on her tummy. She was wrapped and we have a safe n sound anti rol thingymijig, but that did not stop her.

Grr

Well I managed to get back to bed by 8am and woke up just after 10am…..Still not long enough but I managed to get out of bed and function hehe.

Kim: Sleep?? Not these days!! LOL

Nat: Dinner sounds really yummy….was the icecream Peters? I love choc honeycomb, unfortunately icecream was my one weakness during pregnancy and still is LOL. 12am til 6am would be a luxury for me ATM haha. The rusks I’m sure are fine 6mths would just be the recommended age because of food allergies….Em is obviously not reacting to them hehe. My fav motto these days is “If it works….do it!!” LOL I asked my friend today if her bub’s teeth hurt again after cutting, then going back up then coming down again…..sorry to burst your bubble but she said it hurt her because it kinda seals again before the tooth comes back down…hopefully that doesn’t happen to Em though

Mummy: Poor Phoebe, hope her temp goes down soon…...WTG Samuel on scoring a lollypop just for being there LOL. I wouldn’t worry about weight gain (or lack of) if Phoebe is content and generally happy. CHN told me a couple of weeks ago that around this age their weight plateaus so she may have put most of that weight on in the beginning (of the 2.5mths) then it has plateaued(sp?) IYKWIM? Talk to the Dr or better still CHN (I trust them more than Dr’s around here hehe) but a FF wouldn’t hurt either, it may help with the transition to solids.

Leanne: Oh no…..your DH will find something soon. I know financially it might be difficult but stay home if your not ready…Have you got a job to go back to or would you be finding new work? As Nat said a supermarket or other retail Target or Kmart etc have more flexible hours so you wouldn’t be gone for long. In saying all that, I go back in 3.5 weeks and I am no where near ready but I work with fantastic ppl and a very understanding boss. Just play it by ear…..I don’t think your being selfish at all, you want to stay home for Katy not for yourself……BTW its great to hear your enjoying motherhood more now Woohoo for Katy rolling…there’s no stopping these kids now!! Soon they’ll be sitting up then crawling…and OMG WALKING!!!

Vic: That is one thing that I am grateful for is that Jayden isn’t short of love!! That’s great that Adam enjoyed being centre of attention LOL. Poor Jayden gives me a look as though to say “Mum...How can you let this happen!” haha How come your sisters weren’t loving with Mel? Oh I love you new avatar too what a gorgeous family you are hehehe

Wow this was a longer post than intended haha always the way. I better feed my starving doggies and kitty and get myself off to bed…..hmm might have a big bowl of icecream first though hehe. Oh Jayden has is 4mth check tomorrow…..His weight gain should be in excess of 375g in 2 weeks so fingers crossed everything else is ok. Have a great night all.

oxoxoxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Hi girls. Another late one. 12.53 when I start this post. As you can see from my posts, I'm a night person. I'm also an insomniac which helps when you have a baby that sleeps 3-4 hours during the night, and about 30 minutes during the day.

leanne - PIL's are a double edged sword hey? I wish my MIL would come over (from Israel). I could do with the help! She could do the cooking (and hopefully teach me!). But I doubt she will come as she's never travelled and she's not young. Shaun hasn't had a haircut. He was born with a nice head of hair, but that fell out and is now replaced, but not long enough to cut. LOL at the '****y'. An asian lady out our mums group SHAVED all her babies hair off this week! The jewish tradition is to let the boys hair grow for 3 years without a cut - but that definately won't be happening in our house!sorry to hear about your hubbys job. And I understand your resistance to returning to work. I don't even want to visit my business now. Although I am going tomorrow to get some treatments!!! And congrats on Katy rolling over!!

Lea - yep, I was cleaning at 1am. And the joke was that I was cleaning my house before my cleaner comes!! I have a lady who comes once a fortnight and does all the floors, bathrooms, dusting, benches etc. 3+ hours work for $50. I got her when I was pregnant and couldn't do anything. I'm keeping her because I got so used to it. I love it after she comes because everything is shiny!

mummy4life - lucky Samuel for getting a lolly pop! And poor Phoebe. Shaun gets his shots today (Thurs). I'm not looking forward to it. He's having a sleepover at my parents on Sat night, so I hope he is okay by then.

I went to Weight Watchers tonight, and had my 2nd weigh in. Last week I lost 2.2kg... and this week a measly 200 grams (0.2kg). Quite disappointed, but at least it wasn't a gain! And I lapsed a fair bit this week and had quite a bit of chocolate. Tonight I binged on two little iced donuts and home made sausage rolls. (they were very yummy). But I'm back on the weightloss wagon tomorrow. I'm determined to register a good loss next week.

REady to go to bed. it's 1.40am now. I need to get some sleep...... ZZZzzzzz
    Last edited by Jodie259; September 28th, 2006 at 01:46 AM.

Morning All. No little rays of sunshine here. Forgot to shut the blinds last night and the sun came up around 5.30am Didn't help with the migraine that has developed over the last few days either. Feeling a bit how you going this morning especially since the other two lovelies here thought they should share thier colds around too.

Oh Leanne, I'm so sorry for Mark. I've never met a more enthusiatic, company minded person. No you're not selfish not wanting to go back. You know my thoughts on the subject. Oh no not rolling in bed.....that's why I tie Darcy down.

Jodie, what do they call grandparents in Israel? Just curious. Does anyone else have some other names for them? 200gm is 200gm - another long time WW sufferer here too. And if you don't have chocolate your heart will shrivel up and die LOL (only joking).

Oh Phoebe poor little love :hugs: WTG Samuel! BTW there will be other benefits of having a sister as you get older mate wink wink.

Well we were supposed to go on a picnic today, but it's cancelled - bummer, so there won't be a lot done today.....

BBL.

morning ladies
    hope you are all well
    Nat i still can't find the mood thingys ??? is it just for platinum members ??

bbl off to pick up this week tupperware order

Jodie259 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scrappyfish View Post
    Jodie, what do they call grandparents in Israel? Just curious. Does anyone else have some other names for them?
    Hebrew lesson #1

Saba (grandpa) and Safta (grandma).
    parents are Aba (dad) and Imma (mum)

OMG!!!! My boy is getting HUGE!!

We have just got back from visiting the CHN....Jayden is doing great with his milestones etc and he has a slight rash on his belly (possibly from his shots)....But his weight!!! We went to CH 2 weeks ago and he weighed 5.14kgs....today he weighs a whopping 5.97kgs!! That is an 830g weight gain in 2 weeks!! I couldn't believe it...So for those that asked me about the meds if they are working......I think I can safely say they are!! LOL I am so happy...finally some good news in the weight department!!

Jodie: Speaking of weight.....200g is better than gaining weight, stick with it and you'll get there. The donuts sound yummy!! I have been getting into the chocolate lately.

Kim: Oh I hope you migrane gets better, sounds like you need a quiet day anyway so just as well the picnic got cancelled. DP's dad is italian so they are called Nonno(grandpa), Nonna (grandma), Zia(aunty), Zio (uncle)....I think mum and dad are just mama and papa but I wouldn't know LOL.

We are meant to be going shopping today but I am very tired..and Jayden is sound asleep too...Might go when he wakes up.

Have a great day all
    oxoxoxo

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast