Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006

Kellee ~ DP has been staying here for a few weeks now though its not permanent. He'll probably end up staying around 3 nights a week. I'm getting pretty used to having him around though LOL. And my room mate moved out when I was in hospital having Emerson. She's at her parents for a week before her own house settles and is ready to move into which she's rapt about. Definately ow ow ow with the stitches. As I was coming down the birth canal my mum tore on the inside and I ended up getting stuck for around 8 hours before I was born. After that happened I don't know how she went back for a second shot with my brother - it sounded like a horror birth LOL. I'm going to ask DP about MSN tonight - I'm meant to have my own computer but I'm still using his.... I'll check and see if its okay to get it up and running on his then we can chat!!

Scrappy - I'm feeding on demand which actually scares me. I feel like I need to have him weighed everyday to make sure that he's gaining weight! He slept for AGES today and then when he woke up feed for over an hour!!! And now he's sleeping again... is he meant to sleep this much LMAO?? He must take after his mother LOL.

Also temperature wise - how warm/cool should the room temp be kept at? I can't work it out. I also can't seem to keep his little feet and hands warm even if he's in a bonds wondersuit. Anyone else have this problem. Obviously its fairly cold over here!

Kellee Guest

Kim Ė I reckon youíd know if Darcy was really hungry Ė if sheís not going nuts sheís probably happy to wait, donít worry. I promise the sleeping gets easier. I wrote you a MASSIVE post in the other thread, but one thing I forgot to mention was that if youíre still confused about stuff you can do Ďday staysí at community health centres, and if the sleep stuff still hasnít sorted itself out in a month or so you can probably get some help by having an overnight stay at a sleep centre. Speak to your MCHN about it, or your GP, and if you donít get help or answers you want, KEEP TRYING other places. Donít give up. Youíre doing RAD, and I bet Darcy is a darling little thing.

Lea Ė EIGHT HOURS you were stuck for? All hail your mum! Wow. Thatís painful. Donít worry about the weird feeding timing thing Ė heíll sort it out eventually. He might just be building up your supply or something. Theyíre weird little things, arenít they?! And donít knock the sleep, whenever it is! You should try and sleep when he does sometimes too.

OMG, I just realised how much advice I give. Iím really sorry about that. I think I just felt really isolated when I had Charlie, and I felt like I was doing it all on my own a lot of the time. I also felt like I couldnít talk to anyone about how I was feeling because I thought nobody would understand. Iím sorry if I come across as strong Ė I certainly donít mean to be and Iím not judging anyone for anything. I just so badly DONíT want anyone to feel as bad as I did with C, and anything I can do to prevent it is good! Tell me to SHUT UP if Iím getting to be too much. Itís also much easier for me to give advice when mine is still in my tummyÖ although not for long. Iím feeling some pretty weird action down there as I write Ė itís like heís REALLY dropped, like the whole five fifths! It really hurts! Itís just kicking atm, but hopefully it turns into something more painful (wishing pain on myself? Iím weird) later on tonight. Anyway, better go to bed. Will stop annoying you all for tonight! Hope youíre all really well, and that the next time I write in here itís because No. 2 has actually arrived! Love and hugs to all.

Kellee Guest

Lea, also forgot to add, putting socks on under his growsuit and putting mittens on him might help too. Or if you're feeling rich you could get one of those rad heaters that maintain the room temperature and turn off when it's hot enough, and then turn back on again if it gets too cold. From memory, I think the midwife used to say that the room should be around 16-18 degrees, but I don't have a very good memory atm! Right, I AM going to bed now! Night all.

Kellee Guest

Ooh, yes, I forgot how good swaddling was! Most babies have that crazy reflex where they can't control their arms or legs, so they wake themselves up when their limbs move. I think you can actually buy special wraps that do up with velcro or something so that they don't come undone or get stuck. I need to look into those - we just used little blankets or cut up sheets last time but they didn't stay where they were supposed to. Those little sleeping bags are good too - the ones with the arms in and a hole for the head, but then just go straight down and have press-studs or buttons. At least the bubs can't move their legs too much in those.

This little guy has dropped even more. I reckon it will happen by the end of the weekend. We're just taking it easy having some lovely time being just the three of us before it all goes nuts. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

Kellee ~ Bring on the advice!!! It's definately not too much and really appreciated trust me! If I don't get enough sleep during the night then I normally sleep till about 11 in the morning when he is sleeping. I'm actually getting a good amount of sleep - touch wood LOL! I put socks on over his body suit lmao & he has mittens on. for some reason that's the one thing i'm paranoid about... not sure why

ok em is cracking the ****s lol

will pop back after

Hey girls, I don't want to sound like an old stick in the mud, but if you forget to put something in when you have just posted, can you please edit the post you just made instead of making a second post 2 minutes later? I know some of you have had editing problems (it happens to us all) but please try to remember.

Kellee (and Vic) bring on the advice. We wouldn't ask if we didn;t want to know....and it is somewhat calming to realise that someone else has dealth with it too.

Kellee, thinking of you sweetie and hoping you go tonight or tomorrow for your own sanity.....

Lea sounds like you're having a great time of it.

Wonder if Sheree's still in hospital...

Kellee Guest

Sorry sherieb - I didn't notice that you could edit posts - have never done it before, but I will try to remember to do it in future.

I saw Sheree on msn the other day - she had changed the comment after her name, so I'm assuming it was her - but her status was set to 'away'. She's probably just resting up while she can - her mum is going to be with her for another week I think to help out around the house.

Kim - I can't believe your little girl is 2 1/2 weeks old already! Where did that time go? How is it going?

Lea - it's great that you're getting some sleep. It's the luck of the draw - some are shocking sleepers (like mine!) and some sleep heaps. Sounds like you're one of the lucky ones! Hope it lasts for you.

Anyone seen Vic, Shazz or Angelique around lately? Hope all is going well with them. Who else are we missing? Alison (she's probably only just gotten out of hospital), Sheree, Sara (not due yet), Shan (has she popped in yet?), and me of course. I think that's it out of the 'regulars' from the Belly Buddies forum. Will be nice to meet some newbies too. Wish you all lived closer - we'd make a hell of a mother's group!

Anyway, trying to think of things to do to fill in the time. We're getting out Narnia tonight and eating lots of icecream, we might be going to a jazz festival tomorrow, but after that I haven't planned anything just in case. I'm getting BORED. Ok, I'll stop whinging now.

Hope you all get some zzzz's tonight. Love and hugs to all.

Kellee (and Vic) bring on the advice. We wouldn't ask if we didn;t want to know....and it is somewhat calming to realise that someone else has dealth with it too.

Ditto!!

Okay I made it back again LOL. Em just seems to want to keep feeding and feeding... I'm starting to feel like a cow LMAO!!

I wish we all lived closer too - we'd definately make a great mothers group!! I'm the first of all my friends to have a baby so I'm kind of left with a very small social scene IYWKIM. I'm hoping that the mothers group at the hospital will change that a little bit as I can see myself getting a bit lonely being at home by myself all the time - even with Emerson! I loved Narnie - it was great! And I think Shan popped in & announced she had her bubs... but maybe I'm wrong.

And yes Kim - almost 2 and a half weeks. Where has the time gone??

Well I need to do a quick clean and then have a shower before my little man wakes up for another feed! Oh and his cord thingo fell off last night which was great as it STANK to high heavens and was rather disgusting. Now my boy has a gorgeous little belly LMAO.

Will pop back in later if I get a chance.

Kellee Guest

Yay for cute belly buttons. I still look at Charlie's and am amazed at the fact that we used to be connected by that. Hey guys, I meant to ask too, how is everyone recovering? I hope that everyone is starting to feel a bit more human - that recovery stage sucks a bit. Not looking forward to that myself.

I'm starting to get really clucky now. I swing between being bored, then excited, then scared out of my brains, and the latest one is being clucky. I don't think it will be today though as Charlie isn't well and I think my body will wait until he's better to go into labour. We hired a whole heap of DVDs, and you've got to wonder about the people who make them... one of them was an episode of Spot where he's trying to find a particular smell (a cake cooking) and in the process he sniffs some paint and furniture polish - Tom and I called it "Spot Goes On A Bender". You guys have all these funny things to look forward too!

Well, lunch calls. Have a great day everyone.

LOL Kellee, I agree with the kids DVDs!!! At least at Nanny's she has Nic Junior which has a bit of variety!!!

Well I hit rick bottom today. I have a screamer. She is never still and quiet and rarley sleeps (like she hasn't had more than an hour at a time since Friday). I rang my mum and Darcy and I went to Nannys. Darcy spent some time with Nanny and Poppy and Mummy had a sleep. Daddy stayed at home and watched TV in peace and quiet (well except for the ****ie - whose nose is majorly out of joint).

I know some babies cry a lot and that mine is obviously just one of them - but wow Nat I have to say I am jealous of you. You on your own are an inspiration - cos I am terrified of when Cam goes back to work.

Darc is asleep at the moment basically cos she ran out of juice. She is nealry three hours overdue for a feed and I'm not waking her, but I am terrified of the rest of the night now cos she's got heaps in reserve.....

Kellee Guest

Ah, Kim, yeah I had a screamer too. I promise it gets better. I read somewhere (after I had already gone through that screaming stage) that they cry more and more up until 6 weeks where it reaches a peak and then it starts to settle down. So if you can hang in there it will end eventually. Good idea taking her to your Mum and Dad's - it's great that they're able to help out. Make sure you take advantage of that, for your own sanity's sake! I used to stay at Mum and Dad's once a week so that DH could get a full night's sleep. It really made a difference for both of us - DH because he got an uninterrupted sleep, and me because Mum was really helpful and was able to let me catch a few zzzs when I needed them. Wish we lived closer so that I could pop round a have a cup of tea with you - if you have a child who won't settle you might as well halve the burden!

Well, another uneventful night around here, I'm afraid. I'm just accepting the fact that I will be someone else's home for the rest of my life. It's looking more and more likely that he could be born on BIL's birthday (tomorrow) which is the one thing I don't want. BIL has a whole heap of mental problems stemming from a condition he had as a child, and he has the brain functioning of about a 14 yo boy. He's always coming up with very weird conspiracy theories (one was how I was only going out with DH because I was in love with BIL's "French" eyelashes - so he stared wearing Ray Bans whenever I was around so I wouldn't get tempted!), and if No. 2 shared his birthday then it would probably be the single most significant event in his life and everything would then revolve around the fact that they were somehow connected because of it! *sigh* So if it's not today then I would prefer for it to be Wednesday. We'll see.

Off to procrastinate and pass the time some more on some more forums. Since you gals haven't been as chatty (I wonder why? LOL) I have been able to check a few other BB forums - they're great! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Kellee ~ Recovery wise I'm only just starting to feel normal. I felt great for the first 3 days and on the 4th felt as though I'd been hit by a truck. The stiches were extremely painful and going to the toilet was painful as well. But it has started getting better and from about yesterday I'm pretty much feeling normal though I don't think the stiches have dissolved yet. LMAO @ Spot goes on a Bender... that's a riot! Like I said in the other thread - I think it'll be Thursday for you - a cute little June bubba! (But you'll still be chatting with us in the May thread though!!)And I know it is not funny at all and quite serious but I have to say.... LMAO how could you resist those "French" eyelashes!!!??? That is hysterical (though rather serious too!) - like I said I think its a Thursday bubs for you so you'll be in the clear!

Scrappy ~ First of all I'm not inspiring LOL I'm just lucky to that Em is a good baby (though saying that I was up from about 1.30 last night with him!) Are you demand feeding and trying to get Darcy to sleep during the night? With Em I'm demand feeding and if at night he's awake then I dont' try to make him sleep (when I do try he becomes a screamer as well) I just pop him in the bouncer and sleep on the lounge while he looks around. I'm sure I'll get in trouble for it later down the track but my midwife said its too hard to try and make a newborn follow a routine so just go with what they want for a bit. If any one is to be admired its you!!!! You're coping so well and despite everything you still seem so positive and best of all you're not blaming yourself. So you are the person I admire - along with Never for coping with 4!!! I'm sure things will settle down soon - what does the midwife say about it all?

Never ~ Good to see you're still around. Hope everything is going well.

Okay does anyone elses bubs have a chronic amount of wind from the rear end LOL??? Em is great at burping and also great at farting... he whinges when he does it though so I don't think its pleasant IYWKIM. And I think he might be a projectile vomiter. He's not sick a whole lot but last night it was a well placed aim from my lap to my shoulder and then this morning there was some more flying spew!! I think I'm a bit paranoid about his pooh's too lol. I was allergic to breast milk and so was my mum so I'm really paranoid that Em will be too. And I think he's number 2's have started getting a little too watery.... the midwife is coming over later today so hopefully she will ease my mind.

I better go and have a shower actually as 'later today' is in about an hour and I'm still in my PJ's having only gotten up an hour and a half ago!!!

Will chat later!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

hello to you all and your new bubs,

i'm just a clucky pregnant gatecrasher, who has really enjoyed reading your stories. Being a first timer, i am so curious about what it's like to be home with a newborn, so that is why i have gatecrashed your thread.

If you had audio, i have oohed and aaahed thru all your posts!

The one thing i don't get is the "leave the housework" thing i keep reading about. If every dish is dirty, the countertops are full of dishes waiting to be done, so you can't even prepare a cuppa let alone food, how can I (the new mum) feel ok to have a sleep instead of cleaning. I can't get my head around this one. I think we will be living on takeout early on!

Ha Gigi - you sound like me. I like to have the area around me organized and then I'm less likely to stress out or feel bad. Big housework stuff I've left but general tidying and dishes I do - but I'm lucky (as you've probably read) I have a well behaved little boy. I think it will be your baby that dictates the way you work things!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i'm not very houseproud or organised, i just seem to live always in places with tiny tiny kitchens! So from what you say Lea, maybe the FULL theory is "leave MAJOR housework and let that go hang but keep up with the daily grind of washing dishes and clothes". (ha ha)

I really like all the advice on this thread - cos it's real life experience. i have no mother or MIL to ask or visit with a new bub, so the ability to read on these forum posts what other mums do, ask the hosp. midwife, ring the Parents Helpline etc, will be my lifeline i think.

After reading the 3 pages, i just have to ask, has Kellie had her baby yet? (I'm hopeless).

I encourage the mum who ended up using formulae to not be hard on herself. We all start out with the best of intentions, but that's what they are, intentions, not set in stone. The more i hear, the more i think having the baby is like a lucky dip in so many ways, including not knowing UNTIL baby arrives, whether breastfeeding is going to work for you and your baby or not. sorta a suck it and see approach. (sorry for bad pun). I hope no-one is putting pressure on that mum (like hosp.) cos i bet she is doing the best she can. to that mum.

I hope your stitches heal soon Lea.
    Last edited by Gigi; May 29th, 2006 at 03:18 PM.

Kellee Guest

Hey Vic. How is it going without DH? Everything ok? Do you have any of the other kids in cc any days? That would certainly make it a bit easier.

Kim - Charlie didn't have a swing, but he did have a rocker that he sat/lay in sometimes and went to sleep. I think they just love movement - maybe even just going for a walk in the pram could help.

No movement at the station today. Will stop annoying you all now.

I don't think its possible for you to annoy us hun!

Just having one of those days today. Em wouldn't settle last night and I always get this "What am I doing wrong complex". I have a family history of breast milk allergies and I'm really paranoid with Em about it especially seeing as it normally doesn't become evident for a few weeks. He has these explosive, watery poos which upset him because he cries before he does them. And he's had a few projectile vomits so the midwife said to book him into see our GP. Must remember to record his feeds etc actually.

I have gotten nothing done today at all though I did manage to get out of the house for an hour which was nice... enough of my rambling I think. Will catch you all later. Labour vibes to you Kellee!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast