Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006

Kellee Guest

Vic – that is very cute about Melanie “helping” b/f. Does she have a little doll that she can feed when you do? That’s gorgeous. Thank god for Mums, hey? Don’t know how I would do this without mine. Ooh – lucky Adam wasn’t in the bassinet when the kids tipped it over. I worry about what Charlie will do now that he’s tall enough to open doors – I worry about him opening the door to the baby’s room and doing something scary. Hope Adam’s conjunctivitis clears up soon.

Lea – hope that it isn’t a bm allergy, but at least you know it might be so it can get sorted out early. Poor little thing. Glad you got out of the house – keeps you sane, I think! Thanks for the LV, too.

Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday. I have a GP appt tomorrow – she will be surprised to see me, I think! She didn’t think I’d make it to my next appt. I actually had an appt booked the day I went into labour with Charlie, so hopefully the same thing happens this time. Will post after the appt and tell you what she says. Big hugs to you and your bubs.

Kel, I hope things are happenin right now for you....

Vic, I have a swing curtesy of ebay (and I ended up getting it for free!!), but she doesn't seem to like it much.

This is very short as I have been up all night...
    Anyone tied gripe water? Someone suggested I try that but she's already taking Zantac and Daktarin for thrush...

Good afternoon lovelies,

hoe you are all well sorry i haven't been able to cath up on all the posts yet
    but come on Kell we are waiting with you hun hope things are on the go for you soon

Scrappy ~ Ryan is having infacol now he is over 1 month but before hand i was using Infants friend they both seemed to work fine i find if i leave him lying down for a few minutes after a feed he burps a hell of a lot better then picking him straight up

big hi to every one else i better go do some washing while the boss is snoozing

Kellee Guest

Hey ladies,

I have to apologise to Gigi - I feel so bad! I just re-read some posts and realised that I didn't get a chance to read your post when I replied last time. It seemed like I just totally ignored you! How rude of me! I'm terribly sorry about that. Yes, BB is a great way to meet other mums and get inspiration and support through all the baby stuff and beyond. I'm glad you found it - especially if you haven't got family support close by. I hope that your pg is going well. Yes, having a baby is a bit like a lucky dip, and they're all so different! My first one has been pretty good, although he's just hit the 'terrible twos' (I didn't think they really existed - how wrong I was!), but I have a feeling that this one is going to be a bit more of a livewire - it felt like he was having a house party in my uterus all last night. I barely got any sleep! Anyway, thanks for dropping in - feel free to anytime.

Kim - sorry you're not getting much sleep. I would check with your GP before giving Darcy gripe water, because I heard that you can't use it under 1 month. I hope you find something soon. Are there any pics we can see yet?

Shazz - hope you got your washing done! I forgot how it builds up - I'm already two loads behind... how will I go when bubs is here?!

The GP was very surprised to see me. She reckons they'll induce me early next week if nothing has happened. I really hope that I go naturally - the thought of being induced really scares me. I think the standard time period is 10 days over, so I'm happy (well not 'happy', but you know what I mean!) to wait the full ten days if it means I go naturally. He was going absolutely bananas last night - he's always been incredibly active (DH, Mum and my best friend who is almost a doctor have been really surprised at how much he moves!) but last night was ridiculous. I barely slept a wink, and he was kicking me so much that I was actually crying out in pain! DH was a bit worried, but we both had to laugh at how much energy this little man has got. Makes me a bit nervous about what he'll be like when he comes out!

Anyway, will probably post tomorrow. Mum and I are going to take Charlie for a picnic at the beach and do some opp shopping - gotta do something to pass the time or I will go insane! Rachy should be joining us in here soon too - I think she was being induced today.

Hope you're all well, and lots of love and kisses to your little bubbas.

Lea - just wanted to say I understand you wanting to take little Em to the GP to check he is all ok, but wanted to let you know that up until a month ago, Maddy's poos were exactly the same as Ems. Watery and explosive. I was really worried that maybe she had a tummy bug as she literally pooed at LEAST every 2nd nappy, they were really runny and she used to cry until she'd gotten it all out.

I double-checked with my GP & a couple of MCHNs and they all agreed it was pretty standard for a breast-fed bub of that age. In the last month or so, she is now only pooing once a day or every second day and although they're still explosive (usually pre-empted with loads of stinky farts! *L*), they're not as runny.

HTHs!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

hey Kellie - don't worry about it, i am the gatecrasher afterall! I am just so excited for you, being just about to deliver!!!

all this talk about explosive poo reminds me of going travelling in third world countries (when i was very young, like 20) and all the travellers would meet other travellers (like total strangers) and proceed to go into gory conversations about their diarohea or whatever exotic stomach bug they had at the time! Stuff you would never normally talk about. I think having a baby must be the great social leveller.

Are any of the mums on here using cloth nappies to contain those explosive poos? Do they work?

Good luck with your labour Kellee! (whenever your gymnast decides to enter the world!!)

Never ~ Thanks for the advice re BM. Are you BF or bottle feeding this time? It is interesting to note that alot of people have had similar problems. Very reassuring! Eeek @ the kids and the bassinet - thank god Adam wasn't in it!! Is he sleeping better in it??

Shazz ~ Good to see you again and glad to hear everything is going alright. I know what you mean about getting things done while they are sleeping. My day is divided up between feeds and what I can get done in between them hehe which is a bit hard when his feeding is eratic. Has Ryan settled into any routine yet?

Kellee ~ LOL @ your gymnast in there!!! Doesn't he realise its time to come out and meet his Mummy and Daddy!!!!! The induction scared me as well lol - especially when they decided to break my waters... I was terrified and poor DP wasn't any better either. He was gripping my hand just as tightly as I was gripping his!! But it worked out alright for me in the end. Have you had an internal at all to see if things are progressing? That might make you feel better to know how things are going before the induction. But I reckon tomorrow is your day!!!!

Becka ~ THANK YOU!!! That makes me feel so much better. Its just so hard to watch him cry before he gets it all out. But it doesn't seem to bother him any other time ie he's not unsettled or crying for the rest of the day. I'm just slightly paranoid with our family history that's all.

Well I got Em to sleep from about 12.30 last night through till 5.15 - yay!!! He feed and its taking him awhile to settle again but he seems asleep now. The problem is that as soon as I put him down he wakes up LOL. At least I worked out how to hold him and type at the same time. Which gives me something to do while he sleeps - those proactiv adverts on tele are driving me bloody barmy LMAO.

I have a question re nappy rash - I only noticed yesterday that his little bum was red raw so I started putting on nappy rash cream and then this morning I realised that the rash was bleeding?? Is this normal?? I felt so bad for him. He seems fine now but it can't be comfy. Does this mean I haven't been changing his nappy enough?? How often should I be changing it?? Thanks girls!

When he's asleep like this in my arms he looks like such a little angel lol. His features are so small and perfect... gush gush gush - you wouldn't think I'd have the energy for it at this time of morning lol. Well I think he's finally asleep which means I can get back to bed and catch a few zzzz's. I'm sure there was more I wanted to say but its early and I'm a bit brain dead. Will try and pop back in later!

Lea - the red raw nappy rash seems to be directly related to those explosive runny poos. I guess the only thing you can do is to change him regularly (as soon as he poos) and slather his bum in nappy rash cream. The thicker and zinc based the better as it'll stay on longer and the zinc helps in the healing. Nappy off time is great for it too...sunlight is a great natural healer. Oh, and just keep an eye on your diet and make sure you're not eating anything too rich, spicy or acidic.

I know there are a few threads floating around about troublesome nappy rash and loads of remedies and ideas on how to get it healed quickly. Glad we can be of help!

I was wondering about that Becka. Thanks. I'm going to try changing him more often and I have started the slathering lol. I started a thread asking for advice - I was too tired to try and search though I might do that now.

Thanks so much for your help Becka - I'm definately feeling a whole lot better about it all now.

ETA

Thanks so much for the advice Never. I'm trying Bepanthen so if it doesn't clear up with that I'll go to the chemist. His poor little bottom though.... And my midwife said that sleeping on the side is alright if monitored. I also know that when windy Em loves being on his stomach. She also said that a warm bath is good and put baby in stomach first - apparently gives them a chance to stretch etc.

Well I must go - I'm trying to make it into to work today to show off Emerson... I'm still in my PJ's lol

Evening all,

Kell I can;t belive you won't have a May babe....you'll still post with us though won't you???

Hey Shazz, good to hear your still around. I will try letting her lie a bit before I get her up. I have just re started breast feeding again after my nipples have healed, and hte lactation consultant is coming again tomorrow. Darc seems a bit more settled than just taking the EBM, so things are looking up.

Nat, I hear you about the poos. I was panicking though cos I thought we were changing too often and going through too many nappies LOL.

Vic, I have taken notes and will try those things and let you know how she goes. It is interesting you suggest waiting a bit though, because I notice if I'm rushed and forget, she burps easier when I remember.

We have been out having photo taken today before she gets too big. I wanted some where she isn't screaming. As soon as I get them I will upload them.

Kellee - You have to post with us in the May section - that's an order LOL!!!

Scrappy - In 2 weeks I've gone through almost a whole box of Huggies Newborns!! And I think I'm about to increase usage with this nappy rash. Can't wait to see some pics of little Darcy - I can't wait to see how gorgeous she is!!

I had a really good day today. Went into work and we saw DP and everyone else. It was a bit of a show and tell lol. It was great to see all my work mates though. I don't miss the work part of working but I do miss the social interaction part. Everyone loved Emerson of course - he was a huge hit. I was there for over 2 hours! So then I was tired and Em needed a feed and a change - all before the Dr's appt I had to go to. Managed to get there just in time (no car parks had to park outside on the road lol). Dr said to use zinc and castor oil cream on the nappy rash as that is less likely to sting then the nappy rash creams. He said it sounds as though Em is lactose intolerant but he wants (and I want) to wait and see how the next few weeks progress. As long as Em's gaining weight and doesn't seem to upset/unsettled over the next few weeks then we should be fine. If not then we may have to switch to formula and bottle feeding. So we left there and as soon as I got out of the door to walk to the car it started ****ing down with rain!!! :eek: Went to the chemist and spent more money on cheap make-up then on Em's cream lol. Got him in the car finally (still raining)... and got home to have a shower. DP is taking care of dinner tonight so everything I need to do for the day is done. Time to relax. I didn't realize how tiring it would be going out lol.

Just realised what a huge post this is about a whole lot of nothing....

Hope everyones little bubbas are behaving themselves. I'm feeling rather guilty because I think I lucked out. Everyone today just kept saying 'He's so well behaved... is he like this all the time??' I really have nothing to complain about!!

On that note however.... does anyone ever get a complex about being a 'good' mum. I'm normally quite confident with everything I do but this job seems to have taken the rug out from under my feet. I know that I'm doing everything right and everyone keeps telling me that but I just can't help but be paranoid that I'm not doing a good job... anyone with me here or am I being silly???

Kellee Guest

Gigi – I had to laugh at having babies being the ‘great social leveller’. That is so true! It’s hard to stop talking about poos and wees when you’re around your childless friends – somehow I don’t think they’d understand! Re: nappies – I used disposable primarily, but once Charlie was a bit older and on solids (it was summertime then) I used these excellent cloth ones that are shaped like disposable for through the day. The runny poos (which Charlie always seemed to do WHEN I was feeding him – usually all over me!) just wouldn’t stay in the cloth ones I think! Thanks for the LV. And good luck with your test results. Will be thinking of you.

Lea – yay for sleep! I really hope that this is not just a phase… 5 hours through at this age is wonderful! Hope mine does the same, but I’m not holding my breath! Re: the nappy rash… a recipe for nappy rash cream that my GP gave me is 1:1:2 of lanolin, zinc and Vaseline respectively. It’s great. One other thing to think of – is there a chance it could be eczema? It sounds like nappy rash, but sometimes skin irritations can be tricky. Maybe ask the GP at the next check up? Hope it clears up soon. Don’t worry – EVERYONE gets the “Am I good Mum?” thing. I don’t think it gets less as they get older either, so get used to it now! Sounds like you had a good day out, anyway.

Kim – yes, I will still post here if you’ll still have me! Can’t imagine not posting with you rad ladies – I would miss you! Hope the b/f works for you both. Look forward to hearing what the midwife says – hope she’s helpful. Can’t wait to see those photos too! Bet they’re gorgeous.

Still here. Not holding my breath for tonight, although it would be nice. Kind of given up on the whole thing now! Will pop in tomorrow to see how you all are going…. Sorry, would have visited more often, but there are MORE computer dramas… will it ever end?! Drives me nuts. Love and hugs to all.

Vic they are great photos!! All right gotta pull my finger out and put some up.

Guess what - she's given me sucking blisters AGAIN!!! Is it meant to hurt this much??? I swear if she wasn't so settled, it would not be worth the pain. However, I'm persevering cos she's been so great.
    Todays my first day on my own. Cam went to work. I have started walking again and so far we are doing OK. And it's only two hours til daddy gets home.

Awe, poor thing Scrappyfish! I hear you on the blisters! I had them with Abby for the first month or so...maybe month and a half! It does get better, I promise! Hang in there!

LVLVLV to you KELLEE! I cant wait to hear you went into labor!

Vic The photos are adorable , cute little cherubs and wow Adam looks so alert

Delta_blue, I have added your details in for you.

Kellee ~ No word from you today so heres hoping I was right and you're in labour!!! Or better yet holding your little one in your arms by now!!! Nappy rash is looking better but Em is still rather windy and a little on the grumpy side. Didn't get 5 hours straight last night, or 4 or 3 hours for that matter but I got a good sleep in this morning.

Shazz ~ Hi to you - I hope Ryan is going well.

Never ~ re the diet thing - I have a feeling that the wind is worse when I have dairy products. I had no dairy for a day and it seemed to get a little better and then I had some choccie milk and chocolate and today it is much worse... I'll have to test it a little. I can't imagine shopping for all of those people. It would be crazy. I basically only shop for me and Em and that's enough hard work LOL. The pictures are gorgeous - all four of your children are just adorable. you must be so proud!

Scrappy ~ Ouch @ the blisters! Have you got some nipple cream?? And how did your first day go? Tonight is my first night completely alone so that should be interesting. I just hope Em behaves himself lol. Great to hear you're out walking. It's already getting too cold to walk here - and it keeps raining!!

Well girls I'm back on MSN... DP must have loaded it on when I wasn't looking because hey presto tonight it's there!!

Just sorting out some pictures onto the USB so I can print them out tomorrow and then I'm going to watch Lost. I might even try to get some sleep earier tonight seeing as I'm by myself. My brother came around at 9.30 this morning and did my vacuuming lol & then I had visitors in the arvo so I'm a little tired.

Well not much else happening in my world atm. Will check back in tomorrow.

Love and hugs to everyones little bubbas!!

Thanks so much Never that is a great help. It definately sounds as though he is intolerant as he as all of those things.

He's just after a feed now so I'll check it out a bit better later but it looks heaps helpful so thank you so much!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast