Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #14

Kelly - good to hear from you. Been wondering about you and Luke and what you've both been up to.

Tan - yay for a sleepover for Izzy at grandma's house. Must have felt weird not having her in the house but now that its done for the first time hopefully you can really enjoy it in the future - especially with your little gumnut on the way.

Lis - I still have to do my KK shopping - better get to it soon or else I'll be sending DH out from the labour ward!

Shell - you must be so tired. I can understand you not wanting to lose bfeeding completely but you need to balance your own wellbeing as well. Good luck with the egg experiment. Izzy eats eggs but still won't touch cheese - very frustrating!

I've reached the "I just want it over" stage. I drove 450kms on Saturday to visit my grandmother who has just broken her hip and then yesterday spent the day with Izzy and my DH, who seems to have been possessed by some creature that is a pain in the ar*e. After not really talking to me all day I gave him his dinner at 7.30 pm and took Izzy to bed. When I came down at 8.20pm (little minx was not cooperating!!) I told him I was going to bed and he didn't even comment about the fact that I hadn't had dinner. Now I'm not expecting him to run around after me or anything, but surely you'd think a guy would make sure his 8.5 month odd pregnant would had had something to eat! Schmuck. Tossed and turned all night and I think I got about 2 hours sleep. So, other than taking a mattress to my parents' new house today (yay they're moving today!) its going to be a really quiet day while I think of ways to perform castrations if his mood doesn't improve.

I hope you all have better, slightly less violent days!

Ooops - posted twice. That's what happens when you get impatient and hit the button again!!!

Wow, a little quieter here so easier for me to cope! I just got back from the gym and finished up the last of the 12 auctions I was setting up for the day. I thought I would pop in and catch up before I head to bed! Now lets see..........

Lulu- Lets hope the last stretch goes quickly and you can meet your happy healthy princess soon. I agree that DH needs to be a bit more attentive, lets hope he was tonight.

Michelle - Hope Angus sleeps for you tonight, I bet the DST has thrown it for even more of a loop, it has here with a 5am wake up for the day. How did the egg go over? Do you find that the grapes make the poo a little runnier? I have heard horror nappy stories about grapes and don't think I want to go there.

Tan - Way to go on the overnighter! What a brave woman you are. Glad you got a night off, I am sure you needed it.

Kelly - How could we forget? Glad to hear you are going well, and hope you stay in touch. It isn't easy that is for sure...

Ash - Great news about Blake sleeping that 12.5 hours for you, I hope he keeps it up.

Sorry to anyone else I missed, I am aiming for an early bedtime incase little master wakes up at 5am again!

So for my news!!! My flight is booked!!! I leave for Canada on May 10th and come back on Aug 3rd. I am so nervous and feel like I will never be prepared but at least it is set in stone and I have no choice. I am trying to pick up as many hours of work as possible to save money but stupid bills keep draining it so I did a wardrobe cleanout and over the next week I will be putting over 50 auctions on eBay and hopefully that will get me a bit more cash. So the stress meter is up and up and up but the good thing is I have 3 months to relax before coming home and jumping in to my interior design business.

Well 10 mins of typing is enough, I better hit the hay! Hope everyone has a great week!!!

Lulu, no he didn't like the egg!! I think maybe cause they were boiled hard, maybe have to try them softer! But he smashes cheese slices - loves em! You need to give your hubby a big slap! They are so inconsiderate hey. Mine was no help at all through any of my pregnancies, he didn't see it as an issue of me not being able to do anything. I bet you are so over it! Well you are officially term now at 37 wks, so fingers crossed your little one makes an early entrance!!!!! Is Dh looking after Izzy while you are in hosp?? He might see how much hard work that it is!!!

Sarah - YAY on your canada trip!!! You must be so excited!!! Will be great for everyone to meet Noah! Well, I don't really find a difference with the grapes. He poos constantly anyway normally, so am used to yucky pooey naps all the time anyway!!! We don't have daylight savings here thank goodness!! Angus has still been shocking. I am going to go to n info session at imps (not sure if you southern guys have imps. is just a parenting help type centre) I dont want to let him cry, cause when he wakes up and wants a feed, he honestly is ravenous. So I feel like I will be starving him if I dont feed him!!

Anyway, I feel absolutley cr*ppy today, have a bad cough and headache. DH and I went to the movies last night to the premiere of Superheroes and it was the worst movie I think I have ever seen. Was a waste of time!! We had free tickets so I'm glad it wasnt money I wasted!!! The kids all stayed at Mum's and we went to just pick up Angus after, cause the girls wanted a sleepover, and wouldn't you know it, they were all atill awake and only eldest DD wanted to stay! So I wound up with 2 back at home! Oh well!! So we better have brekkie and go pick up eldest DD! I am just so tired and look around my house and I get so depressed cause it seems like I am always cleaning/washing etc etc and it is still a mess....

Anyway have a nice day ladies!!!!

Shell hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself!! Glad I'm not the only shopaholic who has already bought a KK present!

Sarah yay on your trip, not long to go at all, how exciting!!!!!! Hhhmm maybe I could hide in your luggage lol!

Lulu not long to go hun, hang in there! Sorry your DH hasn't been very considerate, men just don't think sometimes. I had a giggle when you said you may have to perform a castration, he he I had that thought when I was in labour (looking back it was when I was in transition!) Take care of yourself, can't wait to hear of Neds arrival and her name (please tell me your DH has started thinking about it now lol!).

Better go, hi to all the other mummy's and bubby's, I have sooooo much work to do and I'm so tired as Ellie decided to be up for half the night. I think she might be getting another tooth as its so unlike her not to sleep at night. Hopefully she will be ok tonight!

You'll all be pleased to know I'm not in gaol. DH has reverted to being his normal lovely self so his manhood is safe for the time being.

Sarah - very exciting that you have your trip booked now. I'm very jealous!!

Michelle - poo that Angus didn't like the egg and so sorry your night out ended up being a bit less than perfect. Try and get some rest today - hope you feel better soon.

Lis - nope. Still no discussion about names from DH. He is completely hopeless. I hope Elena sleeps through tonight for you. I know its going to be a huge shock when Ned comes along because I'm so used to Izzy sleeping through too.

For mums who are formula feeding - when are you going to start phasing formula out to be replaced by cow's milk? I have to admit I'm a bit confused by all this - if you breastfeed then it seems you get congratulated for keeping on breastfeeding past 12 months but if you say you formula feed after 12 months people jump on you for not putting your bub on cow's milk (or goat or yak or whatever). Izzy's solids eating are still so touch and go there is no way she could go without the nutrition in the formula. I know I should be asking this question in the solids/feeding forum but I don't want it to turn into a breastfeeding v formula discussion - again!!

Hi mums and bubs,

Lulu - I've been thinking exactly the same thing. I was thinking that when Livvy is 1 I will start by giving her a bottle which is 3/4 formula made up as normal and then 1/4 milk and over the next 4 - 6 weeks slowly decrease the formula and increase the milk. Does that make sense? How many bottles is Izzy having a day? I am so confused too. Olivia has 4 bottles a day but I think that could be one of the reasons we are having so much trouble getting her interested in food so I am trying to cut her down to three a day but I just can't seem to get a routine happening. What do you do with Izzy?

Tan - YAY on Izzy's first sleep over. Olivia loved her first sleep over but nowhere near as much as Nan and Pa did. They had an absolute ball and keep asking when they can have her again. How is Izzy's walking going? Up and running now?

Sarah - I am so jealous!! You and Noah are going to have the best time. How is Juz feeling about you guys going away for three months? Good luck with your auctions. Hope you get some spending money.

Sangie - Hope Ellie pops through another tooth real soon and you can get some much needed sleep. Work is the last thing you feel like when you are exhausted.

Shell - I completely understand how you are feeling with washing/cleaning and housework. It is an endless cycle and a battle you can never win. I made DH take Olivia out for 3 hours on sunday just so I could do the housework without her 'help'. It's so damn cute but it takes forever to do it and I never get it all done. How you feeling? Angus sleeping better? Put anymore thought into switching to formula?

Hi everyone else!! Not much to report here. Had a few days off so we went to visit my sister and her husband which was nice. Now we are just bumming out at home. Olivia is getting so much more adventous and getting frustrated that other babies are walking and she's not. She is so close she just needs to gin her confidence and let go for longer periods. She barely hangs on anyway. She'll get there.
    I haven't done my KK purchase yet but I'm doing lots of browsing and checking. I want to get something nice. It's $15 isn't it?
    I have started a diet and exercise regieme today. I am so big! Never been this heavy before so I want to lose 5 - 9kg before June when we start TTC. Fingers crossed!!
    I'm off to get everything organised for dinner. Have a great night and i'll be back soon to catch up.

Thanks Dan. Izzy is having 3 bottles a day of between 200 to 260mls per bottle, and I'm giving her the bottles immediately after breakfast, an hour or so after her lunch and then the last bottle just before she goes to bed. I'm a bit worried the milk might cause her reflux to flare up again so will definitely be doing like you said and mixing small amounts of milk with formula to see how she goes. I guess I'll just have to take the plunge and start weaning her off but monitor how her energy levels and weight goes.

Good luck with the weight loss - it must be hard for you balancing time with Livvy as well as working. If I could I'd give you my pregnancy diet - I've lost 2kgs over the last week to leave me with a total weight gain of 0.5kgs!!! Pity I know its all going to find me as soon as Ned's born :-(

So Lulu do you give Izzy her breakfast first when she gets up. Do you mind sharing your little princess routine with me. I'm stuck at the moment and to be honest need some tips. All these changes are confusing me and Dave so much.
    I am not going to lecture or add to list of people telling you what to do with eating etc instead send you heaps of hugs and please look after yourself the best you can. Any day now Ned is going to be safe and sound in your arms and you'll have your two gorgeous girls to enjoy and watch grow up together. Does DH know where he has to post to let us all know that Ned is here? Better write him down a list of instructions if he can't remeber or I'm more than happy to give you my mobile number and I can do the post.

Have a great night everyone,
    Luv dan & an unsettled Livvy.

Morning all!

Dan I have given Ellie a little cow's milk in cereal but not in a bottle to drink yet. She also has reflux so I'm going to be careful introducing it. I was going to wait another few weeks and then introduce it slowly like you suggested: 3/4 formula, 1/4 cows milk, and then half/half etc etc. At the moment she also has 3 bottles (or more like 2.5 bottles). Two of 240ml and one of between 120-150ml. She has one first thing when she wakes up, one late afternoon (between lunch and dinner) and one before bed. Hope that helps! OMG you will be TTC soon, how exciting!!!!

Lulu I will be crossing all fingers, toes and any other body parts possible so that Ned doesn't have reflux too. And yes Dan has a good point, make sure you tell somebody when Ned arrives!!!!! I hope you are taking care of yourself and resting as much as possible, you will need your strength for the labour. I can't believe you have hardly put on any weight, but I think it is common to lose a bit in the last couple of weeks.

BB is looking strange today, all posts are off to the side on my computer. Hhhhmmm hope its not just my computer? Gotta go, have a lovely day all!!

LIs - thats weird? I keep looking at the ads down the side wondering what they are!

Lulu - Im glad you havent been arrested hun and DH is back to being lovely! They drive you crazy don't they!! You can have some of my weight hun, I've already put on 8 kgs I did the same with Izzy though and now that Im feeling a bit better Im hoping it will ease off now, although after the 5 tim tams I ate last night Im not so sure!!

Dan - Izzy has a breastfeed first thing (at about 630ish) thn 3 bottles during the day, Im wonderingif I should start cutting one out but she finishes the whole 200 mL each time so I don't know? Izzy has had cows milk on cereal, yoghurt and cheese for a while now so she should be fine.... I just wonder if she will need the nutrients in formula for a bit longer as she isn't a big eater either (not sure who else mentioned this?) So I might go to toddler formula for a few mths maybe? So hard to know isn't it!

Shell Shell Shell - Missy are you eating your vegies or taking some sort of vitamin suppliements hun? I know you work in an environment like me where people/kids are GREAT at spreading their germs and you are always sick, but look after yourself woman.... I know what you mean about house work, this house with this little miss is so messy ALL the time, just when I put all her toys away she decides she wants them all back out and spread around the lounge and kitchen, and I vacuum but somehow she drags stuff on her clothes from god knows where so it looks like I did it a week ago instead of 5 mins ago Sorry ranting but just wanted you to know you are so not alone and heres a bit and if you aren't feeling well -STUFF THE HOUSEWORK. Sit on the couch, and play with your gorgeous lil man.

Well we are off to the pool today! Yay! Also Izzy just walked by herself from the kitchen into the lounge room - I just looked up and thought OMG look at my toddler! She takes about 4-5 steps now before losing balance and resorting to crawling as its easier! She will occasioanlly pick something up and stand up from squatting, fall down and stand back up again on her own!

Ive also nearly finished Izzys birthday invite! It has photos of her at 0, 3, 6, 9 mths and a big one at 11 mths! and is brown and pink with spots! Heehee it's been fun working on it but stressful too!

Ok Im off! Have a great day all and to all you quiet ladies out there - hope you are all great!

Dan - Izzy's routine is like this, and thank God its pretty consistent these days.

Wakes 7.30 - 8pm.
    Change nappy but stays in PJs. Have solids breakfast (Rafferty's muesli or similar) then a piece of toast or crumpet.
    Play time
    9.15 or so - 260ml bottle. She'll have anywhere from 200mls to the lot
    10.00 am - upstairs to get changed out of pjs, short play in her room while I tidy up in there and then bed.
    Between 11.30am to 1pm (depending on how lucky I am!) - wakes from sleep, short play then lunch (sandwich, tuna & veggie pattie or who knows, fruit).
    Play
    2.30 pm - 260 ml bottle
    3 - 3.30 pm - down for a nap
    4 - 5pm - wake and play
    5.30 pm - dinner (meat of some sort, mashed vegies, fruit)
    Play with daddy
    6.30 pm - bath
    7.15 pm - 260 ml bottle
    7.30 pm - bed

TBH we didn't have a great routine until it really sunk in that Ned was going to be here, and soon! I figured unless I got Iz into a better routine I'd go completely nuts and it hasn't taken long for her to get the hang of it all. It makes it so much easier I'm annoyed with myself for not doing it earlier!

Lis - my BB is looking odd too. Makes me feel a bit lost! Ellie's bottles sound like Iz's, only smaller - she's obviously a much better solids eater than Iz is.

Tan - yay for Izzy walking. I don't know about you, but I feel its all a bit surreal watching MY child walking. I mean, she was only born a week ago wasn't she???? So lovely to see them exploring and being so proud of themselves though. So glad you're feeling better. And hey, tim tams are a pregnancy staple as far as I'm concerned. Have you tried the new Tim Tam Crushes? OMG they are amazing. I came home from shopping with them the other day and ate the entire packet!!!!

Never fear ladies, you will all hear of Ned's arrival. I'm ashamed to say that texting is a bit beyond me with my new mobile and its definitely way beyond my DH (scary when you consider he's a software engineer!!) so I will get him to email. I have Dan's email address so if you don't mind doing the honours for me again Dan, that would be great - sort of like tradition!! If you wouldn't mind posting in my belly buddies group too that would be brilliant.

Anyway, must go. Finally going to think about packing my bag today - maybe . . .

I WOULD LOVE TO LULU
    Thanks for letting me know your routine girls. They are very similar to Livvy's so I think I'll just perseve and stick to 3 bottles a day. Little munchkin is having a bad day. Hopefully it is her teeth trying to come through. I don't mind her teething but I just wish she could cut some b!oody teeth.

Sorry ladies but I'm going to do a cut and paste from my belly buddies post. No energy for anything else . . .

I ended up going to the delivery ward. Was woken at 4.45 am with really strong contractions, diarrhea and vomiting (sorry for TMI!). Thought at first it was BH but when they kept going for 3 hours I thought it was getting a bit much. Hospital told me to come in for monitoring and they confirmed that I was in early labour but it all fizzled to nothing. Ends up I have gastro and that triggered contractions but wasn't enough to really establish labour. Very p*ssed off - was quite excited at the thought of having this baby on the outside. Very depressed to be told I shouldn't be expecting anything anytime soon :-(

Anyway, DH is bathing Izzy and will get her to bed so I'm off for a long hot bath and then bed too. Hopefully this will have shifted by tomorrow - my poor mum is trying to unpack her new house and ended up spending the entire day here, not that she minded. God it was great - huge lasagna cooked, washing done, Izzy entertained. DH was very happy too - got his favour BLTs for lunch! Gotta love your mum!

Oh no Lulu I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself, gastro is so awful and fingers crossed that nobody else in your household gets it too. Thank goodness for Mum's hey? The last few weeks of being pg are absolutely the worst IMO, c'mon Ned its nearly time to meet your mum!!!! Hang in there

Dan I hope Livvy is having a better day today. We also have teething symptoms but none cutting at the moment, I wish they would hurry up!

Tan you new AV is HOT!!! Not that you weren't a sexy mumma before

Well my little Miss took 2 steps by herself today, it took a few minutes for me to realise what she actually did! Then she did it again for her dad. He he seems she can only do 2 though before she loses her balance. She was pretty proud of herself too, couldn't wipe the smile off her face! Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh where is my teeny tiny bubby??????

Hi girls
    Quick hello!!
    Just thought I would have a quick read thru and I noticed that Dan is after details of routines, so thought I would write mine up
    Ethyn is on 3 bottles a day. His routine is slightly different on the weekend as he sleeps a bit longer in the morning, but here goes!!

7am wake & bottle
    8am brekkie
    11:30am lunch
    12noon sleep
    3pm wake bottle
    5:30pm tea
    7:30pm bath bottle bed
    He has some snacks during the day if needed.
    HTH

Hope everyone is well!!!
    Not long to go Lulu

hello guys. Remember me??

Sorry for leaving without warning. We basically had to leave and pack up our whole house in 24 hours and are now staying at my Bil's place. Its a 3 bedroom tiny house and there are 7 of us living here! Can you feel the tension from here?? I bet you can!

Anywho, we finallllllllllly get possesion of our new home next friday, 7 more days to go! we are so sososososososo excited!

lulu, i cannot believe how close you are to meeting Ned. I can't wait to hear her name and everything about her birth. I hope to meet her too! It really can be any day now and I wish you all the very best xxxx mwah!

Hello to everyone else. I still dont have proper net access so I wont be around much but Dan can you please text me about Lulus news?
    thanks!! xxxx love yas!

Awwww Danni - Im so sorry I was meant to let everyone know why you were MIA and I forgot so big apologies!!!!! Blame the baby brain!
    Hope everyone is well - Im absolutely stuffed after work this week - will try to check in again later for personals! I just can't believe my girl is walking.. After starting with a few steps here and there between DH and I now she is pretty much walking everywhere - I just look at her and think, where is my baby??
    Back later!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast