Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #14

Hi guys!

Quick selfish post from me I am feeling sorry for myself and thought I would share and maybe get some sympathy from you girls!! My DH has been home late all week ( he leaves at 5am and has been getting home between 7-8pm), and then today he finishes at 4pm, I was out getting groceries, and he rings my mobile and says "I have just come home and hooked up the boat and am going fishing, will be home in the morning"
    He hasn't seen Angus awake in about 3 days cause he has been asleep when he has gone and come home etc, plus it is school hols, so I have had 3 kids at home all day all week by myself. ALSO, he says when he rings, I might go Sat night also. I said - well I am working so you have to watch the kids, to which he says - They can go to your Mum's, i need to go fishing while the weather is good. The only reason I need to work extra shifts is to help pay for the da m n boat so I am not impressed. I am actually really upset by it all, and have been quietly sobbing while the kids aren't looking. Every time I mention having family time he says - all we do is family stuff, when do I get to do my stuff, I work all the time and never get to do anything I enjoy. Hmm, I think that is the reasoning behind having kids is to become a family... This is an ongoing saga - so I wont bore you all to pieces, just needed to get it off my chest. Will put the kids to bed and have some wine I think.... Sorry girls for the long vent, just needed to share........

Oh sweety what a selfish [email protected]..I swear men are idiots, really, their brains just do not function properly I'm sure.... It's not fair that you look after the kids on your own and then the time you do get is when you are working. I think you have every right to be p!ssed hun.... :hugs: Hope you can have a relaxing night, run a bubble bath, read a good mag or book and drink that wine hun..Lots of for you all honey....

Thanks Tan, the thing is he doesn't think he is being unreasonable - he thinks I AM!!! Yeah, will have a bath and have my wine and cruise around BB I think. Thanks for the thoughts.

Ooooh Shell. I think I'd be finding another use for that fishing rod of his!!! I agree with Tan - he's being a selfish [email protected] My DH tried the "I need time to myself" with me a few weeks ago. Why don't they get that while we love our children to pieces, we need either a break from them ourselves or like you say, get to enjoy them together with our DHs. I'd change your plan for this evening a bit though - cruise around BB for a while, then get in the bath with a glass of cointreau or baileys, YOUR favourite CD playing and a good trashy book. Men. Can't live with them, can't shoot them . . .

Oh Shell I hope you are in that bath right now. You have every right to be upset.....men can be so clueless sometimes. Want me to give him a whack over the head to remind him that his gorgeous hard working wife needs a break too sometimes? Take care

Tan I am constantly looking at Elena and also wondering where my baby is??? Can't believe that it was this time last year that I was huge and doing a great whale impersonation (sp?) and now she is almost walking!!

Lulu-I've been weaning Blake onto goat's milk since 10.5 months and he is predominately drinking goat's milk now. I just started with 50mL milk, 200mL formula, and gradually phased out the formula. He is sleeping ten times better on the milk, and his poops are finally getting a little more solid. I give him Pentavite vitamins as his eating is all over the place, so he is getting the right stuff like in formula. I hope ned shows up soon and you have no more false alarms, I spent forever in hospital with Blake so I know how sucky it is.

Danni-I miss you

Tan-Lookin hot mumma! 15 weeks already, wow time flies...

Shell-I'll be up that way in May so I'll be happy to slap your DH around a bit. Can I? Please? So much angst towards men at the moment from me lol

Lis-Mwah sounds like elena is going to be running around soon, excellent stuff, but scary all the same.

Well we're gonig swimmingly. Blake slep THROUGH THE NIGHT LAST NIGHT yyaaaaayyy 6:50pm-6:20am, I was amazed, daycare absolutely buggers him. I'm at work today but the office is empty and I've done all my work so what better place to waste time than BB LOL
    Blake's party is next Saturday, after work my sis, Blake and I are going to pick up some decorations and a special party outfit for Blakey...so hard to decide what to get though, as it's been cold some days and 30 others. and we're having it in a park. I figure less cleaning up and it's central to all that are coming - I think there are around 40 odd people turning up!
    I've changed Blake's daycare as of Monday-he was in FDC but the b!tch tried telling me what to feed him and what not (jam sandwhiches=too messy apparently), and that I couldn't dress him in his adorable overalls because "He's too squirmy and I can't be bothered to try and get the press studs done back up". Yeh, uncool if you ask me. He is now in a centre in between Dave's and work, and I move in to Dave's officially this weekend.
    I must be off before someone comes back and catches me doing jack all. Huggles and kisses to all the bubbies and mummies and tummies xoxoxo

Oh, check out my new ticker pic too hehe he is such a little man now!!!
    Last edited by Ashlee; April 12th, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Ohhhh Ash, Blakes party sounds like a big one!! How fast has this year gone eh? Good luck with all the moving in!!

Michelle - I agree with Lulu, that fishing rod should have a new home Hope you were able to have a relaxing bath!!

Danni - Great to hear from you! Thats $hitty that you had to move on such short notice!!! At least you only have few short days to go until you move now.

Anyhoo, I know it is early but I cannot shake this tired feeling at all and I am going to try and have another early night. I am getting 8 or more hours a night now but I feel worse than when Noah was waking me 6 or more times a night. I hope I am not coming down with anything.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Night all!!

Oh no Sarah, I'm sorry to hear Noah is waking frequently again. I hope he just outgrows this, and soon, for your sanity!!! Not long till Canada though, how very exciting!

Blake has slept through 3 nights in a row (at his father's Saturday night and still did, hallelujiah!) and is being such a good boy....I think walking, daycare, routine and taking him off formula have all attributed to this. I don't drive so never really had him interacting with other people outside our house, now it's just so full on for him all the time I think, he loves the other kids!

Went and got his decorations on Saturday, and ordered his cake. He is having a mudcake with a Thomas the Tank edible decal....no cream or anything cos of his thingie with cow's milk but mudcake is going to make enough mess smooshed all over him anyway lol Didn't get around to getting him a special outfit, I don't think I'll bother, he is going to be filthy running around the park, food, cake etc!

Tan, I saw your thread about what did you get bub's for your first birthday and I got him a fisher price swing. Those trikes are on sale at Target for $109 this week but I saw an even cuter one there for $96 that does the exact same thing....worth checking out as they can use it till 36 months!

How long have your bubbas been clapping hands, waving bye bye and dancing on request? I was just thinking about it as Blake stands there playing his keyboard and dancing like there's no tomorrow l,ol he's been dancing for about a month, and clapping hands and waving bye for about 2 weeks. Please tell me he's not too far behind?!?!

Ok enuff from me, so excited to get some quality Dave time this week

Ash and Flakey xoxo

Hey Ash! Sounds like you have got Blakey's party all sorted, sounds like its going to be great! Wish I could come along Elena has been dancing, waving and clapping for a few months now, she started cruising about a month ago and has taken her first steps last week. So don't worry, Blakey is doing fantastic!!!! Yay for moving into Dave's, I'm so glad it is all working out well for you

Sarah I hope you aren't getting sick hun, hopefully the early night will make you feel better.

Danni good luck with the move into your brand new house, how exciting!!!!! Hope to see you around more when you are settled, you have to give us an update on your gorgeous man!

Tan I saw your thread too about buying 1st birthday presents. We have no ideas either. My mum has bought her a rocking horse and my ILs have bought her a trike, so we aren't really sure. She already has one of those flip out couches and loads of toys that she got for Christmas. Bugger, think I will have to go shopping and have a look around

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well. I am having a quiet day today, going to try and get some housework and cooking done in between doing some work and Ellie...........hhhhmmm wish me luck!

hey everyone! very quick post here

THANK YOU soooooooooooooooo much to Mason's KK. his present arrived this morning and he loves his pressies!

big happy bday to my baby who is the first off the rank to turn ONE! its craqzy....im all teary

xxxxx

Have a fantastic 1st Birthday Mason!!!!

Big big big happy birthday hugs to you Mason. Have a lovely lovely day! Danni - what was Mason's KK present????

Will catch up with personals later ladies - very tired and sore after having driven 400kms yesterday to visit my grandmother again. Today is arguing with family members, hospital staff and social workers over where she is to be moved to from hospital - glad my blood pressure won't be being checked today!!

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday spunky Mason,
    Happy birthday to you

Happy Birthday Mason!!!!!!!

Master Mason!!! I can't believe it Danni - it's crazy!!! I had a tear with Izzy tonight, she fell asleep in my arms and I just can't believe how much she has changed our lives so the pregnancy hormones kicked in and that was it - poor little poppet had tears falling on her head while she slept while I watched her and kissed her!

I got an email from a friend tonight for a girlfriends baby shower on the 18th at 2pm.... the exact date and time of Isabelle's birthday party What are the odds of that? The girlfriend planning it was one of my bridesmaids and she is a really close friend so I know she will feel torn now between the two of us but as I said to her, they got in first so fair enough! I'm hoping her DH and boys can come here though...... Ugh so annoying and I must be emotional because I nearly cried again when I got the email ..ah well!

I think I will be having a VERY early night tonight, feeling very cold and tired from school today.
    Hope you are all really well and bubs are behaving. to you all!

Happy birthday little Mason!!! I can't believe this is the first of many to come.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (Yep, I'm STILL in denial...)

Hey Danni, just looked at your ticker and realised it says Mason is about to turn 2!! WOW! And you have been BF him for that long!! Just having a chuckle to myself (we will all DEF be in denial when their 2nd b'day comes round!!!) hehehe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLE MONSTER MASON!!!!!

Blake and I love you from the bottom of our hearts and always will, you have a special place in both of us and we miss you dearly xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    $%&* it now I'm crying Blake is next omg.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast