Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #17

Default Babies Born May 2007 #17

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-16-a.html

WOW!!! Me first and I am in a different timezone

Promise I will catch up with personals soon. Just still feeling like crap, this m/s is outta control and I have a cold to top it off!!!

Noah stood unassisted yesterday for about 4 seconds. I was so proud!!! That is about all the news. Will try to catch up over the next few days!

for Noah!! Sorry you are still not feeling well hun - fingers crossed your m/s passes quickly and you get over your cold.

Dan and D - best of luck for next month ladies.

Welcome back Shell - sounds like you had a great time!

everyone else - Im off to finish writing some reports, arrgggh they are due Friday so bring it on - can't wait to get them out of the way.

Izzy is better although she face planted again last night because she was running, and had a blood lip and nose. The nose freaked me out but didn't last too long thank goodness. No wonder I look frazzled all the time with her scaring me like that constantly.
    Ok back later!

Woo hoo for Noah! Hope the m/s passes soon......

Tan good luck with the rest of the reports, nearly done! Poor Izzy face planting Ellie runs as well and yesterday ran straight into the wall because she was looking up while running Luckily no damage but gave her a big shock! (and me too lol!)

Welcome back Shell, your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun!

I need to buy Elena some new shoes already - her first pair only lasted 6 weeks and now they are getting tight! Does anyone know where to get nice shoes that don't cost the earth? I need to get a fairly dressy pair for her to wear to a wedding but the ones I like were $70 and I don't really want to spend that much when they probably won't fit for very long. Any ideas?

Well better go, have 2 more hours of work today and then I'm done for the week woo hoo!!!

Hello everyone!!

Sarah - I hope the ms passes for you soon hun!! I had terrible ms that lasted the whole preg, so I hope it goes away!!!
    Tan - did you get all your reports done? Your belly is getting huge too!!!! My God, I almost dies when I seen your belly shots, you look fantastic!!! Poor Izzy, Angus always has bruises all over him cause his little legs move too fast for him to keep up!!! God love em!!!
    Lis - have you tried k-mart for shoes? They had the most gorgeous new shoes in the other day when was there, they had like little ballet slipper type things for girls sooo cute! They have playgro and fisher price ones i think. Got Angus some cute little leather navy shoes. Think they were like $20. Good Luck!!

Anyway, bettter get moving, am making pizzas for dinner for state of origin!!! GO QLD!!

GO THE BLUES!!!

(any non Qlders and Nswers feel free to have no idea what we're on about!!)

Dan and Danni - sorry about your news. Crossing everything for you both for next month.

Lis - I've got nice shoes for Izzy from David Jones, Big W and Pumpkin Patch so far (I'm a bit of a shoe freak so Izzy is too - she doesn't have a choice in it!!) Don't think I've spent more than $15 on any one pair so far.

Tan - I hope Izzy is feeling better very soon and you get your reports done. It really is scary how they throw themselves around isn't it. Poor little poppet.

Sarah - sorry about the M/S. It really does suck doesn't it. Whoever invented the saying that women glow during pregnancy was obviously a man. Noah is such a clever little man.

Shell and Ash - you girls need to barrack for a real sport!! Of course it could be worse - you could both be Dockers supporters . . .

Had my grandmother's funeral yesterday. Glad to have it over and done with and hopefully finalising her estate won't be a big deal - especially if my git of an uncle can behave himself! Elena gave me my first 6 hour feed break on Monday night. She fed at 11pm and then again at 5.20 am and then still have a 4 hour gap after that. Bliss! Unfortunately last night was back to 2.5 hours so I'm very tired today. Izzy unfortunately is really upsetting me at the moment. DH can be taking her up to bed and he'll bring her to me to say goodnight and she won't come to me for a cuddle and literally pushes me away. I've ended up in tears so many times. I feel as if she couldn't care less whether I'm around or not and its breaking my heart. When we had people over yesterday after the funeral she kept coming to me for cuddles so I think part it is that she's punishing me for spending so much time with Elena, but I just wish she'd stop. Definitely a down side to having children close together - or maybe just to having more than one child.

yay for noah!!! Mason has been doing it for the last week now but no steps forward.... I cant wait for him to walk.

He has been so demanding. Yesterday I had the day from hell and couldnt stop crying or screaming at him. I felt like such a horible person let alone mother. He just constantly whinges (loudly) and climbs all over me, scratches me, pinches me, and literally hurts me.

the worst part is he only does it to me. He never does it to his aunties, grandma or even dale! i dont get it.

Thank god today is day care day. better run

love you all xx

Shell and Lulu - we do know what you are on about, but we don't care!! Not sure why it's even played down here when everyone knows AFL is the only real football sport worth watching!

Lulu Glad the funeral went well (as far as funerals go) and yay for Elena giving you a break! Im trying to make the most of m 12 hour a night sleeper right now. I was at my co-workers place til 11 last night and we finally finished them all! Izzy is just adjusting sweety and there will always be times that they fight for your attention - even when they are 19 and 20 Thing is, you love them both equally and as they grow and learn they will see that. I know it must be hard though - that is my biggest fear right now - if my VBAC fails (which it WON'T) but if it did and I end up having another c/s, the thought of not being able to pick up Izzy for 6 weeks kills me.

Lis - I have bought all of Izzys shoes at either Kmart or Target and one dressy pair from Pumpkin Patch - they are gorgeous little ballet slippers in a pink metallicy colour.

everyone else! Im having major issues with my computer at the moment - stupid worm came through from a friend on msn - not a virus but its a severe PITA. Everything is running slow and I can't run msn
    I have to work today too and didn't get to bed til almost midnight after working on reports with my co-worker. On the up side - touch wood I have a bit of a cough still but am feeling alot better so this had better be the end of our sickies in this house! Ok Im off have a great day all!

ETA - Double post with Danni! cheeky little M! Make the most of him not walking hun!! Trust me once they start there is no going back and you won't get a minutes peace! Although we love our Dora couch and bad mummy puts on a Wiggles DVD to get some peace and quiet!!

*Moping around today after the absolute THRASHING Nsw got last night*

Boo to Gayfl too lol I just do NOT get that game whatsoever.

Not much to report here except Blake slept in a bed last night, has done on 2 seperate occasions with no problems (sleeps through) but he fell off and got stuck with pillows all around him 3 TIMES last night!!! Luckily he resettled and was fine but didn't stop the mumma guilt!!!

He's having full on conversations with anything and everything, but he STILL isn't saying anything properly except mum and dad...is anyone else's bubba just saying this or is everyone's kids saying hello and things like I know M is???

Ok thanks guys think I'll check out big w and pumpkin patch - just been to kmart and they didn't have anything in her size.

D - yeah enjoy the non walking phase while its here lol!Its a whole new ball game when they are up and running.

Ash you're right I have no clue what you are on about, at first I thought you meant the AFL team Carlton lol! Clearly not!

Lulu it must be so hard when Izzy rejects you but remember that having a little sister is a big adjustment for her, I'm sure it will get better as she gets older and understands more!

Tan so glad you are feeling better!

Hey to everyone else, sorry not going to do anymore personals as my computer is being so slow for some reason and I"ve already lost one post ggggrrrrrrrrr. Hope you are all well!

Double post Ash! Elena says quite a few words ( I think about 8 at last count) but I wouldn't worry hun, he will say more when he is ready and I'm sure that isn't far away!
    Last edited by sangie; June 12th, 2008 at 01:10 PM.

Sarah - tell M/S to sod off!!!!! Yay for Noah standing, Ethyn's been doing this for a few weeks, no steps for us either, why walk when you can crawl at fast speed!!!! He is still cruising the furniture nicely too!!!
    Tan - Poor Izzy, hope she doesn't have too many falls, I guess its part and parcel of it all hey.
    Sangie - can't help you with shoes, but I am sure Target and Kmart would be the go if she is going thru them quickly.
    Shell - how was your pizzas!!! I love home made pizzas
    Lulu - glad your grandmothers funeral went well Glad Elena is giving you some well deserved rest.
    Dan - Ethyn can be like that to me sometimes, but yeah he is as sweet as to everyone else!! BOYS!!
    Ash - does state of origin do a best of 3? I have no idea, AFL all the way over here!!

Ok going to catch up with a friend during my lunch break, she's bought me a caramel slice!!!
    Oh should do a quick one on Ethyn!! Got a phone call yesterday from Child care saying he had this horrible rash all over his torso and his forehead and behind his ears, I took him to the docs as it looked very measle like, turns out to be a reaction to his 12 month injections, which I thought was a bit weird since it was 14 days ago since he had them and everything I read said 8-10 days. But oh well, rash is gone today and he is back with his friends!!
    Ok must go,

Hello Everyone!!! I am going to do speed personals tonight!!!!

Sarah - are you any better?
    Tan - what about you? Are you feeling better!!! Angus always runs too fast for his legs!!
    Ash - the origin was great hey!! lol!!!!
    Lulu - you must be one busy Mum, don't stress about Izzy, all my kids go through stages of rejection, in the end there is no-one like Mum. When they are hurt or want something, they always come to me first!! You are doing a fantastic job. I can barely deal with Angus atm, don't know how I would cope with a newborn as well.
    Lee - yes state of origin is the best of 3! What's AfL?? Only kidding, is NRL only in this household!!
    Lis - I think the bellybelly site might be having dramas lately, my comp has been slow loading pages on here.
    D - Angus had been full on lately also. He is forever pulling the girls hair and hitting and biting, but he only does it to them cause they scream or laugh and run away. he thinks it is a game so keeps doing it. He is just a real handful, so different to my girls. Has def cured me of wanting anymore for the time being!!
    Not sure if I missed anyone - but hello!!

OK, well where has the week gone!!! camping was great, is always nice to get away, and it was kinda like 5 star camping with full facilities!! Lots of sunshine, alcohol and games, and DH was on kid duty (well spose to be)!! We were right on the beach, and the weather was awesome!! Even went swimming!! ANgus just ran constantly all around the place, and the funniest thing, the camp next to us had an 11mth old called Angus also!!!! So was very confusing at times!! We are still having dramas in the sleep dept, je is waking roughly every 2 hrs. Have tried to pat him to sleep, rock him etc, nothing works till I give him his boobies. I am seriously thinking of weaning him cause I am so exhausted it is so hard to function and not fair on everyone else. When I am at work he sleeps fine, just up once for a bottle. Have tried to give him bottles when I am here and he refuses cause he knows I am home!! Cheeky bugger!!

Anyway, I best go!! Have a nice weekend, catch up later!!! xxx

Just a quick one - a laugh for Tan . . .

After being one of the "I definitely hate them" group in relation to Phil & Ted's, I went and bought one yesterday, took it shopping today and love it!!!

BBL for personals.

Oh Lulu, I remember in the double pram dept your dislike of the phil & teds!!! Glad you joined the club!! I love mine!!! (so how many prams do you own now!!!)

Four - but if I don't sell a couple my DH is going to divorce me!

I have a pram obsession myself!! I want a new stroller now!!! What colour P & T did you get?

OK, where is everyone hiding!!!

I have had a pretty boring uneventful weekend!! Had work Sat night, tried to sleep Sun, then had kindy excursion with middle DD today. My house is in much need of a clean, I am having a tupperware party Friday so good excuse to pull my finger out and clean!!! Angus has been really ratty, am blaming his teeth but gosh he is painful atm. His sleeping is ridiculous, he just wants to BF all night and I am exhausted. He is constantly on the run during the day and screams to get outside. Typical boy, loves the dirt and bikes etc!!

Anyway, hope everyone is OK, busy busy I spose!!!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast