Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

hey sarah, good to have you pop in. Im hearing ya on the separation anxiety too!

lulu: hope your dh chooses a perfect holiday for you soon

kristen: hope you dont mind that i forwarded the pics from today to ashlee. And yes she will be visiting damn soon i hope!!

sarah: yes we will arrange another meet up for sure

yeah dan, that's no problem - lovely to see you and Tan today too! Absolutely glorious Melbourne weather (I got the storm on the way home too... very strange)

let us know if theres any more pics

Hi guys,

Just a quick question to all the Melbourne mums out there. My husband, me and bub are coming to Melbourne for a weekend at the end of November and need to find somewhere to stay in the city. Does anyone know of any places that are not too expensive and are suitable for a baby (6 months)? I don't know why but I am starting to get nervous as Ella hasn't been on a plane before and I don't know Melbourne too well.

What have been your experiences on a plane with a baby???

firstbub, just a quick respose we used woif dot com and we stayed at a shoan heights or somewhere similar and it was very nice there, wotif is a great site anyway for bargains.

Anyway, got to run, Noah is just not settling at all and now I have a migrane as a result argggg!!!

hey guys!!!!

long time no see. thought id drop in and see how your all doing and i plan to take a look around all your websites to see how the precious bubs are doing.

first of all - congrats lulu!!! looks like your gonna be a busy mumma!!

im not going to attempt personals at this stage but will update on where we are at.

baden is now 6 months and about a week old lol. we just started him on solids when he was 6 months so he has only tried a bit of farex and pear so far. well i tried him on some other mixed veg tin stuff and he hated that so will stick with farex and pear for now!

he has 4x 180ml bottle during the day, solids for brekkie and dinner and has just started sleeping from 6.30pm-6.30am. he is a big boy and weighed 8.25kgs at his 6 month check. (75th percentile for height and weight).

he is rolling both ways and really getting around lots by rolling and wriggling. we will have to baby proof the house very soon.

we go swimming now which is great and generally everything is going pretty good.

the thing i find hardest is the food. knowing what to give and when and trying different things to suit us both. also keith and i have had very trying times over the past few months...every time i think things are getting better we go a few steps backwards...

besides that i love being a mum and really feel lucky that i have this time at home with baden. he is a cheeky monkey for sure!

i hope your all happy and well and i if you want to check out our progress here is our website: Baby Owen

make sure you sign the guestbook!!!

lee.

ps. awww they are all soo gorgeous. i cant write in your guestbooks 76stars and sarah.
    Last edited by thedolphin; November 10th, 2007 at 12:03 PM.

Another one just dropping in to say hi!

Sorry I missed the meet up girls, as I said to Tan, it was just such a busy week. And Williamstown is soooo far from us, so I couldn't just pop down to say hi quickly! Would love to meet you all one day though!

I'm exhausted today, DH has been out all day, and Nicholas has been very demanding. He is usually a reasonably demanding baby, and I'm used to that, but today has been ridiculous. Hopefully he is down for the count now (well until his next feed later tonight ).

Solids is going well for us, we've tried about 5 different things now, and he likes them all so far. We've started swimming too, which he LOVES, he's been under twice now!

Still not sleeping through, goes down in his cot, when he wakes in the night I bring him into bed to feed him, and then he usually stays with us. At least until DH goes to work. I don't cope well with sleep deprivation! He can roll from back to front now, as well as front to back, but nowhere near sitting or crawling yet. Which is fine by me LOL. Off to the MCHN this Thursday, I have a feeling he's stacked it on, he's such a chubba!

Best go and catch up from my day now! I'm going to upload some recent pics to the gallery first, if anyone's interested.

I hope you all get some much needed sleep tonight

Love Sez xoxo

Peach Guest

Hello May Mummies

Its been a pretty crazy week for me, I think some of you may have seen my other thread... my DD#1 rolled Mackenzie from her tummy to her back and her arm got caught and was forced to bend in ways that humans are not ment to bend. After a trip to the paedarition, some xrays and her arm in a sling for 3 days. I took it off tonight after her arm is better!!! I am so happy & relieved. She has full use of it and can grasp items with ease ... sure did give me a scare thats for sure....

Kenzie is starting to sit unassisted (20 seconds is our record) and is starting enjoying the wide world of solids foods! I am giving her pumpkin and apple this week, well not together lol ew! We she now weighs 6.9 kilos and is 68cm long! Long skinny bubby.

I think I am developing insomnia .. its 2.30am and I'm not tired! Kenzie is having her midnight play ... She is doing this alot lately. She will wake up, have a feed, then is bright eyed and bushy tailed and chatters to everyone who will listen, smile and is generally the most interactive at this time! Arg! What can yaa do .. just go with the flow

Sezjm: What solid foods have you tried, just to give me some ideas of what to try next, we have only has farex apple and pumpkin so far ...?? The photo of Nicholas on his tummy looking up at the camera is so cute!

the dolphin: Hi Lee, Nice to meet you. I just checked out Badens website and it reminded me of just how small our babies were.. and how much they have grown, dosen't it seem like yesterday they were born .. Looking forward to getting to know you and Baden

firstbub: I took Kenzie on a plane when she was 3.5 months old, it was only a short flight and they let me breastfeed on take off and landing. She was fine with it and even laughed during take off!! Hope you have a fantastic time!

Lulu: Maybe you could go and get some brochures from the travel agent and leave them on the kitchen table or his side of the bed! If you go on Wotif dot come you can get some great last minute deals!

Sarah: Noah sounds like MAckenzie in the sleeping department. I am tryong so hard to transition her from cosleeping to her cot and its not going too well.... I have no idea about the water, I read on some other thread Barb said that little babies dont need water .. just keep offering the boob?!?

Lee: Hope you have a great time where ever your heading for holidays!

Shellbelle: I would start expressing and giving him some bottles now, so he can get used to drinking from a teat not the booby for some feeds. Just incase he needs some time to get used to it, last thing you want is to be at work with DH calling saying he isnt taking the bottle.

Tanstar and Mabello: Kenzie does this to me also, so dont feel alone .. waking up heaps during the night. UNLESS I hold her, if i held her she would prolly sleep through the night. We are trying to transition her to her cot from cosleeping and its sooo hard, she hates it and wakes every 5 mins or so, very tiring. Have you tried sleeping on the lounge with him / her in your arms just to get some rest? I have done this a few times when my body is delerious. Althought now I never sleep I cant sleep at all, its crazy because I used to be a 10 hours a night person!

KellyM: Yay!! for Luke sleeping through the night and sitting! Won't be long before he starts crawling now!

Jan: As the other girls have said .. I totally understand what you are feeling and am experiencing the same sort of thing too. Althought I am feeling like a failure at being a 'house wife'. I just can't get my time organised enough to get the house clean. I have no time to myself and even if I wanted to do something for me (Bellybelly is about it) I dont get enough time to do it. I think my DH is disappointed because he works so hard and comes home to sometimes a messy house (depending on DD's behaviour) and nothing organised. I wish I was one of those super organised people ... mmm soorry to rant I went off an a tangent! Back to you.. an exercise class sounds like a great idea! Maybe in the evening when DH is home to look after bubbs?

Well I am off to get another coffee! KEnzie is showing no sign of sleep yet ..

Jen

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in to see how all these non-sleeping naughty bubbas are going!!! My boy was doing so well, had 2 nights where he was good, then Sat night he was up for a midnight snack, then last night he slept throught ill 4-30am. I am hoping he is getting back on the right track again!!! Anyway, just a quickie to say hello, will try to pop back on later!

Jen, so far we've had rice cereal, apple, pumpkin, pear, and sweet potato. We're starting potato tonight, and then we'll try broccoli and then carrot. They've all been winners so far, I hope it continues LOL.

Sorry I haven't been around much to offer support to everyone since we all seem to be having a rough time at the moment but we are having an absolutely horror of a time at the moment so I'm alternating between and with getting Olivia to sleep.
    On the other hand when she is awake and playing I am having the most amazing time. She is sitting up by herself and is nearly rolling everywhere and is giggling laughing, squealing and reaching out for us to pick her up. It is so cute.
    I am off to sleep school tomorrow and then a concentrated week of sorting out this princess. That is one thing I love about living in the country. I rang up today in tears and they slotted me in tomorrow. I'm feeling really positive about it. They have sorted out her sleeping before and also our b/fing.

Hang in there gorgeous mummies we are all going to make it!!!! I'm trying the power of positive thought, LOL!!!

Dan - yay for sleep school - can I come too!! Izzy is waking every 3 hours at night ...Im feeding her and she generally goes back to sleep straight away with the exception of her 12 feed - then she cries/grizzles for a bit before dropping off... I keep telling myself this will pass... sleep school for us on the 23rd... for those that have been does it matter that Im going for a day and all our issues are at night?? Her day sleeps are great now, and like Olivia shes rolling everywhere, commando dragging herself in all directions! pushing up on knees, laughing and generally being a joy so I dont trade her in after her terrible nights!! ROFL!!!!

It shouldn't matter that you are going during the day because they will be able to give you tips and techniques for settling that you can implement overnight as well. They should be able to give you lots of tips and suggestions, fingers crossed anyway. Not long to go now Tan. It will be here before you know it and you'll have your good sleeper back again.

Good luck at sleep school girls, I really hope it helps these little ones get back to their old selves!

On a good note, Blake only woke 2 times last night, once only needing resettling and the second a feed and back to sleep till 6:30. Touch wood it continues! He had his 6 month shots on Saturday and didn't even cry, the doctor is so much quicker than the nurse that usually does it!

Blake is on the move! He isn't "officially" crawling yet, but but I turn my head for a second and he's accross the room pulling the house to pieces lol Going to babyproof this weekend.

We are still up around 8-9 times a night girls. I'm so sorry I don't pop in more, I just don't get time and I'm very very tired.

Last night I got 40 minutes of sleep. He screams in his cot, he thrashes and whines in our bed. I don't know what to do except hope this passes soon.

I've read briefly that everyone else is having troubles, it definately seem sto be the age. He is sitting up on his own all the time and gets cranky if I lie him down for a second if I need to leave the room.

Lovelies - this has got to get better soon...this is my third baby and I'm sure this was normal for a BFed baby at least. I remember my other kids were like this till they were weaned at 12 months.

We are still waiting till 6 months old to start solids. Leo is over 9kg now, all from booby juice.

xoxoxo to you all.
    Last edited by Aranah; November 12th, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: deleting irrelevant information I typed in my sleep

Ack! I wish I could send everyone with bad sleeping night babies a little of our luck!!

Mia has slept so wonderfully this past week I don't hear a peep from her after her dreamfeed until 630am. Days are a different story (we're trying to wean her off wrapping which is hard as she wakes a lot with her arms flailing and doesn't know what to do with them but she's learning). Once we've mastered days without wrapping, I'll try the nights.

Sending everyone big hugs to get through it!

We also started Mia on solids for the first time yesterday! Just some Farex, and she didn't have much at all (teaspoon maybe? LOL) but it was exciting for her nonetheless so we all enjoyed ourselves.

Ash what do you do to resettle Blake when he wakes up during the night? I really should be getting ready to go. Naughty girl I am but I just had to pop on and check on everyone.

Actually what does everyone do? I've never been able to resettle Livvy (hence another reason for our issues at the moment). Once she is awake she wants out of bed and some boobie.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast