Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

Default Babies Born May 2007 #9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here

Fanks Christy

Yay I'm first!

I just wanted to stop by and share some new Blakey pictures!

ashleeperrin/Baby Perrin - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok. Back again. Now, for personals . . .

Jen - glad to hear your operation went well. Hopefully the mastitis is already on its way out. As for #3 - I'm living proof you should watch what you wish for!!!

Tan - yay for getting into sleep school. Maybe you won't need it though if Izzy is improving? At least you've got the appointment if she goes backwards. I'm going to be getting a play pen. We've got a really open plan ground floor to our house and I'd be much happier knowing Izzy was safe when I do things like go to the loo, or when Ned comes along and I'm changing his nappy, settling him etc. I have visions of Izzy pulling the tv down on top of herself and stuff like that - there's only so far you can toddler proof the house so I think a play pen is a great idea. And go the walker if your S (SIL?) is happy to buy it for you. Iz loves hers and it keeps her amused for a while which is great when I'm trying to get dinner on, wash bottles etc.

Muggins - that's very cool (if not a little scary) that Jack is crawling. LOL at the chucking everywhere - I've got that to look forward to too. Still, it will be a nice change to think that something other than me is covered in baby vomit!

LovemyKids - I've probably got more similar climate to you than the Melbourne girls do. There were definitely some nights when it was tough getting up cos it was so cold. Izzy slept in her cradle next to the bed so I would jump out, grab her and jump back into bed so it wasn't too bad. During the day she was pretty good though - she's a fairly warm bub so I never needed all the padded jackets, hats and mittens I'd bought.

Ash - that's cool you're on the MCNs. To all girls using them - do you have any troubles with leaks, nappy rash etc? How many do you need so you're not washing all the time (although I feel like I do that anyway given Izzy dribbles or chucks her way through three or four outfits a day!). Blake's new piccies are so cute.

Danni - really pleased to hear things are looking up a bit for you and life is a little brighter. Took me a while to work out who you were!!!

Sorry to all those I've missed - I've been going backwards and forwards between the threads but I know I've missed some.

Izzy is back to her normal self at nights - sleeping through (and OMG how good is daylight saving with getting that extra bit of sleep in the mornings when its darker and the birds shut up!!) but days have been pretty average. She now has 2 toothy pegs and the poor little love has really been suffering with it. She is sitting on her own now and pulling up on things to stand. She's finally managed to roll over back to front, although she still spits it when she gets there and doesn't know what to do next. Tried some pumpkin on her today and that went down a treat - about 1 teaspoon I think and she was actually opening her mouth wide for it. Knew that rice cereal must have tasted bad!! And its her 6 month birthday today - where did that time go?? I was in Coles today and the woman in the checkout line in front of me had a few weeks old bubby in a sling. Izzy looked so, well, old in comparison - like a little child rather than a bubby. I guess I can't call her a newborn anymore :-(

Anyway, better stop rambling and get out and water the garden. To top off our week the bore pump broke so I'm handwatering. Only got a 900m2 block so not much garden - should be done in about 3 hours!!!! Hope everyone is well and bubbies are all being good eating, sleeping, playing people. Will get back when I can.

awww photobucket is having maintenance

I should really update some pics of mason. you guys havent seen him for yonks! I havent taken many lately, but i promise to take more soon.

His christening is next weekend andf i hope to get some nice family ones

OMG, new thread already...

OK - I'm being lazy by not looking in the last thread for personals so I'm sorry, but I'm tired!!

Danni - is it Danni?! What's the story with the new username??? Did I miss something?

Lulu - Mia has super sensitive skin and it's actually worse when we use disposables believe it or not. So the MCNs have actually been a lifesaver for us. We rarely get leaks if at all. I LOVE MCNs!!!!!!!!! And OMG at Izzy standing herself up!! Clever girl! Mia loves standing holding on to the couches and playing with toys, but she can't get up there by herself yet... and she still hasn't rolled!! LOL

Ash - damn I can't see the pics!

AHHHHHHHH! I have my first 'paid' shoot tomorrow and I'm SO NERVOUS!!!!!!!!! Have another one on Sunday as well so hopefully after today my nerves will settle down and I'll be ok!!

Just thought I would pop on to see whats been happening!!
    Lulu - My brother's house got broken into on Wednesday, it really is a horrible thing to happen to imagine that someone has been in your house. Glad that Izzy is back to her normal self with sleeps!!
    Kristen - Good luck for tomorrow
    I'll come back on sometime over the weekend, to see what I have missed, just about to go and feed Ethyn and go to bed.

Hi Everyone!

Kristen I am with you on the lazy bit - sorry guys don't feel like going back to old thread for personals!! I am having serious lack of sleep issues - like everyone else I spose!!

Lulu, I can't believe Izzy is pulling herself up and sitting on her own - what a clever girl!! MCN's are great, I have got enough now that I only wash every 2-3 days, and it is only one extra load so not a drama at all. I know they are expensive to start with, but I have cut down on sposies so much it is unbelievable. Angus has got the rolling down pat, but is nowhere near sitting yet.

Kristen - GOOD LUCK!!! I'm sure you will do great, you have a natural talent!! I thought I would have a prob with nappy rash and stuff with MCNS but I havent at all, I dont use any creams or anything on Angus's bum anymore - amazing!!

Anyway guys, I should go to bed I spose. Angus is still getting up for 1-2 feeds a night. Hopefully he might sleep through the night soon..... I am prob going back to work soon so I want him in a bit more of a routine (is there such thing I am wondering..)!! The solids are going great, he just has one lot at around 6pm, which he really hangs out for. He loves pumpkin, sweetcorn, sweet potato, avocado and I think that is all he has had. I have one of those net fresh food feeder thingys (best thing ever) and I put watermelon, pears, apple and rockmelon in it, and he chews it and sucks all the juice out!!! Is so cute, I have a video of it will have to try and put it on his website. I also gave him a rusk while we were grocery shopping today and he was like a crazyman, whenever he dropped it he screamed until I gave it back to him!!! Was hilarious, he ate half of it and had it all over him, was such fun!

Anyway, better go, will finish my wine and head to bed!!!

*Michelle*

Michelle - I know Ash mentioned the mesh feeder before, were can you get them from??

kristen: awesome news about the shoots. where did you advertise? thats great that you got work so quickly! good luck!

Tan - you can get those mesh feeders from places like target, they are a tommee tippee brand. I'm thinking of getting one soon too!!
    I'm an MCN convert too!!! They are great! I started of by using disposables, then went to terry and flannelette flats, and now use MCN's. I have about 10 peapods. They are ok, am looking at getting some hautes. At the moment I'm still using sposies at night time, but I have just bought some green kids dreamy night ones, plus a couple of bamboo flats to use as inserts. Ethyn is a fairly big wetter so its just trial and error for us at the moment with them.

Lulu-I've not had a leak or a poosplosion in my month or so of using MCN's. If you put them on properly, and they are the right size for your bub, you shouldn't have any leaks unless it's left on for too long/not boosted enough. No nappy rash, but Blake currently has a rash (caused by the acidity in his wee cos of teething). I use Lucas's pPaw Paw ointment on it, way better than Bepanthen etc. I'm not into MCN's full time yet so you'd have to ask Kristen there, but I chuck them in with other Blakey stuff like towels, bedding etc and so far so good, no damamge and they smell as fresh as a daisy. Lucky you for having Izzy sleep through, Blake was up at 3:30am this morning and din't go back down till 6:30 which was only for 40 mins...he is up still now argh. Iz is such a smart girl, pulling herself up!

Danni-Yes you must put some new pics of Monster Mason up soon, I bet he's gotten so big! Good luck with the Christening,I hope it's all coming together nicely.

Kristen-All the best of luck with the shoots this weekend, I'm sure you'll blitz it!

Michelle-1-2 feeds, you lucky duck! Blake is up in excess of 3 times a night at the moment, and he has 2 erupted toothy pegs. Whoever said things get better after they come up, LIED!

Tan-You get the mesh feeders from Big W, they're about $7 or so!

Lee-I've not heard much good about peapods, how are you finding them? I have some Happy Heinys, a Nap Nap and a Swaddlebees. I'm ordering my Hautes today from Sarah at the NappyBucket, she is great, she said they are so so trim and much better than the old design, and they're $26 including 2 inserts!

I added a new photo to photobucket just now (it's up again so go check out my spunky little man). In this photo, you can see his late night partying is taking it's toll!

Ashlee - they aren't too bad, I think the only problem that I have with them is that he doesn't quite fit in the size bracket!! So they leak a bit, although when I add an extra booster its not too bad. I want to buy some hautes, but hubby won't let me!!! but I'm looking at going back to work soon, so will get a few then!!
    Blake is such a cutie!! I need to add some pics to my photobucket so I can show everyone here!

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on her for a little while. It seems like you are all going great with your babies! Ella is now 5 months and 1 week old. I can't believe how quick it has gone!!!

She is still fully breastfed and she weighs over 8.5 kilograms and is about 67cm long. She is a big bubby! I often get comments that she looks older/bigger than 5 months. Does it mater that she is off the charts with her weight? She looks healthy and she is very cuddly! However It is hard not to listen to peoples comments at times.

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Firstbub-Although Blake isn't BFed, he is off the charts for weight and length. Having a baby bigger rather than smaller (as in failing to thrive small) is always beneficial, you're doing a great job! Was she a big bubby born? Blake was prem at 36 weeks and was 6lb 5 oz! Hard to imagine he'd ever be on the larger side! He's currently 9.4kg and 72cm long!

wow at 72cm ash!!! he is gunna be so tall

You should see his arms, they are so lanky too!!!

Wow 72 cms!!!! Ethyn is a month younger and is only 65cm long!! he has only grown a cm in 3 weeks

Ashlee,

Ella was 8lb 14oz so she was a pretty big bub! I was exactly the same as Ella when I was a baby. Lots of fat rolls on the legs! I suppose at least if our babies got sick they have plenty of reserves!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast