Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in November 2005

Hello ladies!!

FInally made it onto BB long enough to post in this section!!!

Forum Name: Bumblebea
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 28/11/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 4.125kg, 58cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Tomas
    Baby's Website: see link in signature
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

We are due our 16wk check soon, so it will be interesting how big Munchy is. I last had him weighed and measured at 14 wks and he was 7kg and 71cm long.... I think the height gene was inescapable (I am 6'2", and hubby 6"5", my dad is 198cm, and hubbys dad is 6' so......)

I will try and catch up on your posts to see where everyone is, but on a quick looksee it seems everyone is thriving!!

Big hello's to all of you, and hope to get to know you all!

Hi there rayray and Bea - wow, what big boys you have. They're gorgeous!!
    Bea I love the tummy time photo - don't you just love the faces when they're on their tummy's. Kyla has a similar photo. She HATES being on her tummy and rolls straight onto her back.

Hi Carrie,

Yep, love his tummy time photo's - we are lucky because he loves being on his tummy. So much so, that he has learned to roll from back to tum, so that he does not have to wait for us to move him, LOL!!

I am so glad that Kyla is doing so well!

Hi - Alex does a rolly thing from his tummy to his back, but I don't know if he does it on purpose, he seems a bit surprised when he flips over.

Also - twice now, I've found him in the cot, in the morning, out of the covers with his feet facing the other way. I don't know what he gets up to at night.

I'm taking the fenugreek for my milk - it stinks, it smells like curry powder.

Bea - he's huge ! I thought Alex was long at 65cm.

yep the curry powder smell..yum..thats kinda why I like the tea.

Milo had a shocker of a day yesterday.
    Hw woke at 6am, which is early for him, had a feed, back down to bed by 6:40 and slep til 10am. Not bad so far huh?

There was no more than 20 minutes sleep, in total, until 10:40pm last night.

I had to go to gym (had a p/t appt) at 8:30pm, and when I got home he was so hysterical, he wouldn't feed even though he was obviously hungry.
    We gave a him a bath which calmed him a bit, but he still wouldn't feed for about 15 minutes, and then I had to lie next to him on the floor, he wouldn't be held. Well, he had half a feed and was zonked, I couldn't rouse him for any more so I put him to bed.

He woke 40 minutes later, so I went in, figuring he wanted the rest of his feed, but he was still pretty sleepy so I tucked him in & he was back asleep.

4am he decides he's hungry after all, and has half a feed then back to bed til 9.15 this morning.

I don't know if he's got more teeth coming, the ones he has still hurt lots or what!? He hasn't woken before 6am since he was 8 weeks old. I am hoping its was the overtiredness & that he was hungry cos he did have 1 less feed than normal.

At least today is showing some promise, he has gone to sleep this morning and will hopefully get at least 40 min + [-o<

hi Rayray - hope that you had a better day with Milo today.
    Maybe he's like Kyla - whenever I go out a leave her with my MIL Kyla will be shocking for the rest of the day and it'll take her ages to get to sleep. I think that my MIL over stimulates her!!

8-[ Hello...is anyone out there?
    Just wondering how all the Nov Mum's are going and what your bubs have been up to.

Carrie

Hi - it's been a bit quiet in here !

Alex had his four month weigh in two weeks ago and had not put on much weight. I had a bit of a panic and went back last week and weighed him again and he had put on 370grams in six days. I'm thinking of going again tomorrow. They have scales in the waiting (weighting?!) room.

Need to have his next lot of needles done. He has been sleeping great over night - 10-12 hours but some days are terrible. It's a bit hard on him getting him up for Kinda drop off and pick up and then if you need to go to the shops, he naps on and off in the car or pram.

I'm back at work one night a week and we're all going to Queensland in May !

Anyone else ?

I put some more pics on Alex's site ... I think I deleted one of the birth ones though ...

Milo had his 4 month immunisations today. He was not a happy chappy.

He got much more upset this time than with the 2 month ones, and I think his legs hurt more, cos he was very teary and in obvious pain (without actually having a reaction) this afternoon, but he didn't have a temperature.

Night sleeping is still good, but I'll understand if he doesn't sleep through tonight.

Day sleeping is still hit and miss, I am on standby to go to the sleep day stay program. Knowing my luck though, the day we get to go he'll sleep really well.

Weigh in is next Tuesday. Hopefully he has put on 400grams minimum.

Off to try to get some new pics on the website.

Hey Barb -
    Wow 370g in 6 days, that's huge!!!
    Just remember that when you use different scales, they can be deceiving, it may appear as though your baby's put on no weight, when really it's just that the scales are slightly different. When Kyla first came home from hospital we had to weigh her often (as she was so little) and the weight was always different depending on who's scales she was weighed on.
    That's great that he's sleeping well - you feel like a normal human being again when you start to get full nights of sleep!
    How are you finding being back working? I ran my own massage business before I had Kyla, and I'm thinking I should probably get back into it at least a bit. It's just that my days seem so full already!
    Are you off to Q'land for a holiday? When are you going?
    The photo's are great btw, it's amazing how quickly they grow!

RayRay-
    Poor little Milo! I hate the immunisations! Kyla was also a bit grizzly after her's. The panadol was a life saver! She had her 6 month one's a few weeks ago, so thank goodness her next one's aren't til 12 months. Don't you feel like an ogre taking them!
    Had a look at your pic's, I loved his little 'Milo' top. Very cute!

Kyla's doing well. Some nights she sleeps through, others she has one night feed...it depends on what we've been doing during the day. Last night she slept from 8pm-8am. Yay.
    We're going to babyroo once a week which is great fun.

Hi - I need to get off here and express. Last week I woke Alex one night at midnight and fed him, thinking he might sleep a bit longer in the morning, but he still woke at the same time.

Work is OK - it's only one night, 6 till midnight. As long as Alex is in bed when I leave, Nick is happy. They want me to work more, but I keep putting them off.

Queensland is at the end of May - most excited, haven't had a holiday in years, haven't been on plane since 1990 !

What do you do at Babyroo ?

Milo has slept well for the past 3 days. I think it has more to do with his immunisations than anything else, but as long as he's sleeping!

How high is his body temperature befire it's classed as a "temperature"?

It was 37.4 last night, and he was really grisly and cranky.

Today we are off to visit nan & some of DH's cousins who Milo hasn't met before. He's very excited.

crockerclan Guest

Hi,

Sorry, I have been missing in action for a while. Been busy with Ashleigh. She is piling on the weight and is now 7kg with her clothes on, may be more now because that was a few weeks ago now.

Had to take Ashleigh to the orthopaedic doctor at Westmead for her foot. She now has to wear her boots with a bar in the middle of the boots full time for the next 3 months and then after that she has to wear them to bed until she is four years of age. The first few weeks we had nothing but trouble with her screaming and we found out that she had a blister on her heel and she was put back into plaster again, until it heals, but miss houdini has got out of her plaster, so we are back off to see the physio at Westmead again on Monday.

Apart from that she has started eating rice cereal with a bit of gel in it and she loves it. I had to put her on some sort of solids because she started refusing her morning bottle for some unknown reason.

Michele
    Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(5 months old)

Barb- Babyroo and kinder gymbaroo classes are held all around Aust and Japan (I think). For the babies they focus on learning - not to speed up the process but to provide the right stimulus at the right time. Basically I play with my baby in a group environment lead by a teacher - we do massage, lots of auditory, touch, visual sensations, rolling etc. It's great fun and good stimulation for Kyla!
    Yay about the holiday - I bet you've started a count down.

Hi Ray - Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Hope you had fun at Milo's nans house. Sorry for not replying earlier. I'm sure you've found out re: temp already. I think a high temp is over 37.5?

Michele- It sound like Ashleigh is doing great in the weight stakes! I'm not sure exactly what has heppened with her foot, but hope that all goes well and it sorts out. What a little mischeif maker getting out of her plaster! I don't blame her though.

Hope your all having a good weekend.

Hi!

Was great to meet you Carrie (and DH & Kyla too).

I am really grumpy today because I think Milo got a bit sunburned yesterday.

We will not be going into the sunshine again for a while. I thought I was keeping him out of the sun, but apparently not well enough.

I was planning on taking him to the doctors today anyway, so I think I'll definately try to get him there now.

MCHN 4 month checkup is tomorrow, assuming Milo is awake (she told me to cancel if he's sleeping, as its becoming increasingly rarer these days)

I'm still not getting him to bed before 10pm most nights, and sometimes its as late as 11:30.

Hi Ray -
    Guess what? Kyla got a little bit burnt on one cheek too! Poor little thing. I've learnt my lesson now - suncream must go everywhere with us! I thought that I'd mostly kept her out of the sun too!
    It was great meeting you also - and Milo is a cutie.
    Goodluck with your appointment tomorrow - I think I may need to take Kyla for a check with the MCHN, she's had a bit of a rash on her tummy and still has nappy rash.

Hi Girls!!

Been away visiting Mum and Dad in QLD and then had visitors for 10 days who have two kids under 2.5, so the house has been a bit busy and there has been NO time for BB - a tragedy, I say!

Munchy and I are off to see his physio today - he has 'phagyocephaly' - a new medical term even for me - basically a flat head on one side from the ventusse so we have been working on trying to fix it so he does not have to wear a helmet to correct it for months..... so far so good, I think - but the paediatrician gets to make the final decision.

We see the paediatrician on Thursday.

I still have not had the four month check, so cannot update you on size of the munchy, but we are in 'o' clothing (have been for about 4 weeks, and some of them are a bit too short which is scary!

I have finally managed to get Tomas to feed every 3-4 hrs rather than every 2, so I have a little more time - I am still expressing though, so that takes up time anyway. Wish that he just took the boob, but anyway - as long as he gets BF who cares, right?? He is drinking about 1 - 1.2L of breast milk a day, as well as having 3 solid feeds a day (yep, I started a bit early, but I think it was needed with Tomas).

Reading your posts about the immunisation and the bubs not being very happy makes me scared about how Tomas will react - he did not like the first lot either..... Oh well, I am going to try and get him done on Friday, so will keep you posted.

Anyway, sorry about no personals, better run and get ready for the physio, and will catch up later! (Yep, house to ourselves and NO visitors - well, till Friday night....)

Hope all mums and bubs are great!!

Speak soon,

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast