Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #2

Default Babies Born November 2006 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] - Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] - Senior Moderator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by BellyBelly; December 27th, 2006 at 06:08 AM.

Your old thread can be found HERE You may have noticed that the baby details are missing at the start of the thread. This is so parents can post where-ever they feel comfortable without having their details in 1 thread and posting in another and often feeling like an outsider within both threads. We will be increasing signature lengths slightly soon so you can accomadate your babies birth details if you wish and can't already fit them it.

Boo! Things are going okay here... its funny that things can vary from day to day, one day she's eating & sleeping and being a perfect angel & the next she will feed on/off for 2-3 hours and then sleep for 2-3 hours.... and in the feeding time she will grizzle & get cranky & not settle. Ah well... LOL I keep saying in 6 weeks things will settle down for her & we will know more about what to expect (at least for a few weeks before it changes again )

Hi all, I'm feeling heaps better today, thanx for all your wonderful wishes.

I'm with you Christy, I dont know what to expect with Baylee at the moment. 1 day he's the perfect baby feeding every 4 hrs and sleeping well, the next he's grizzly and all he seems to want to do is comfort feed every 2 hrs and barely sleep.
    He seems better today, hopefully he was just acting 'funny' because I wasnt well. Well that what I'm gonna keep telling myself anyway. Hopefully I'm right.

I'm also waiting to see how she settles in 6 weeks.

Ella has been at the mercy of the weather. The 30+ degree days are awful. Yesterday she slept 1hr at a time and just could not be settled.

On other days she sleeps 3hrs and feeds and is a breeze to settle back into sleep. She barely spends more than 15mins awake after the feed before she starts showing signs of tiredness. Hopefully after 6 weeks she'll sleep for 4 hours and be spend more time awake during the day.

We have issues with Ashton and hot weather too but the opposite to you luuaa. He gets too sleepy. Yesterday he slept for 5hrs woke and only fed for 10 mins before going back to sleep for another 5 hours. He was then awake every 2 hours thru the night and has been feeding 2hrly today as well making up for what he missed out on yesterday. It is just starting to warm up again here for today, so I will wake him at 1.30pm (2 hrs after last feed) and feed him, as we have to have Lachlan our middle child at ultrasound and xray at 3pm.

Love

Kathryn, were getting your hot weather tomorrow!! boy i'm looking forward to that, not...dont know how DDwill cope, but we'll just have to wait and see, hope all goes well with Lachlan today.
    i'm very proud ofgmy self having made it to 4 weeks BF!!, was so scared i wouldn't be able to feed or i wouldnt cope, but so far so good, DD put on 520g in 2 weeks and now weighs 8lb 12oz
    hope all bubs are well and looking forward to thier first christmas!!

Vicky was having her baby today, hope it all went well for you today and you come back soon with update and pics

AJP: Congrats on feeding for 4wks, glad its all working out for you

Well girls my settled sleepy baby has had it rough the past few days too. Maybe it is the weather, even though we have air con in the main part of the house, our bedroom doesn't have it so maybe its going back & forth in the warm to cool. hmmm....

She's been feeding 2 hourly during the day & doing really well overnight. But the day she just isn't settled she will feed and then cry and then sleep for 45 minutes and then start all over again. She doesn't have any awake time that is settled. Poor little one.

Must make the days so hard for you all Christy, i hope she finds a routine in there soon

Cooper is a bit over the place himself today but wasnt too bad

curlylocks11 Guest

i have had problems settling samantha after a feed, i can't remember what my ds was like... and it was only 18 months ago! I'm sure it will get easier, right?

Christy - i hope that your baby sleeps a bit more during the day, it makes the days very long when they are awake and unsettled.

Ella is the same. She has a sleep pattern for the night sleeps but is all over the place during the day.

She slept in 4hour blocks last night (she use to do 2-3hrs). I didn't realise it until this morning when i woke up at 5am with leaky boobs!

We took to in for a weigh yesterday and she's 4.7kg - very healthy the midwife said.

AJP - congrats on breast feeding for this long. I was the same way about breast feeding and i'm surprised at how easy it has been.

Ann

Sophie i have to say, doesnt sleep much during the day at the moment not sure why but.......she has slept throught the night the past two!!! first was 9.30pm -5.30am then last night 10.30 -7.30, WT!! not compaining but not sure if it will last, no expectations

Hello All, I just got home from The Wiggles concert, and I must say Baylee was a superstar. He slept nearly the whole way through, which was great coz I got to dance and play with Xander.
    I must say that the new "Greg", Sam Wiggle was terrific.

AJP - Lucky you for having 2 nights of sleeping through. Is Sophie happy during the day even though shes not sleeping?

Thats good to hear that Sam Wiggle was good! We weren't game to even try the Wiggles when they come to town in 2 weeks, so well done!!

I'm slightly embarrased to say that I've been trying that technique that the "Baby Listener" talked about with the different cries meaning different things (see the discussion in the Music, Television forum under "Look Who's Talking") and its helped heaps with figuring out why Jovie is unsettled. The thing is she will do the "burp" cry for an hour & we just keep burping her... but after the unsettled burp hour she's more settled... must really need to get it out.

Dont be embarassed Christy coz I've been using her techniques also, and I've got to say she is amazing.
    Nick will say to me 'What cry is that?' and I'll tell him and its spot on. I was feeding Baylee when he really didnt need it, he might have just needed a burp, and I'd be fighting him. Now a can hear the burp cry and know thats his problem.

We've also been trying to spot the cries as well
    It has made a few feeding sessions easier.

Robyn - we also use to put her on the breast/dummy to calm her down now and couldn't understand why she would still scream and and wriggle.

We got the "lower tummy pain" cry the other day and it took still took us 3 hours to help her with that. I tried the massages but she screamed louder when i touched her tummy so we ended up giving her a warm bath, a dose of Infantcol and feed and wrapped her up and she calmed down. God it was awful, but the next morning she was farting like a trooper!

Ann

LOL Ann we have that issue as well whenever we get the lower tummy pain cry it takes 2 hours or so to settle her down no matter what we do.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast