Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #5

YAY Chelsea!!!

i was worried about emelia rolling in her cot but shes fine, she sometimes sleeps on her side but the she will roll on her back and wake her self up!!!! i have to look into getting bumpers for around her cot last few weeks i will put her in her cot at one end and by the time she ready to get up shes up the other end bumping her head!!!

i think u can get the things that go next to them lol not sure wat there called im not much help sorry!!!

Blanchie - i had the same problem, i eventually worked out that it was ALWAYS because she was uncomfortable (sounds obvious, i know). What i did was try to make sure i went out after she was fed, so i knew she wasnt crying cos she was hungry. i also found that if her nappy was just a bit wet then it was made worse by the strap between her legs - so i always change her nappy before i go out. then the other day she wouldnt stop crying on while i was driving by myself on the highway so i found that putting the window down helped. i think it was the noise and fresh air but she went straight to sleep!

Kimbaz - Evie started rolling about a week ago and now sleeps on her side at night, i havent found that she goes all the way onto her belly while asleep, but i just made a fat sausage out of a blanket and put it along side her so she cant roll too far - seems to be doing the trick!

BTW - did pg test, it was negative. quite relieved i must say! hormonal-ness seems to be dwindling (thank goodness says DH)!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

VICKY - i hope your moving house nightmare ends soon! Truely, the biggest stress i can think of is to move house - HUGS to you sweetie!

Like many of you in posts above, i too have had many times over last week when Jaz is giving
    • all the signs of being hungry (won't drink),
    • all the signs of being tired (fighting sleep),
    • all the signs of distress (won't let me cuddle her)
    - i feel like tearing my hair out - you know, the hair that is still there after all that is falling out every two seconds already! I could start a wig shop with all this hair!!

It really rips your confidence to shreds when patterns of meeting your babies needs that you've taken the last few months to build up, are tumbling down.

The child youth health website in my state has pages on that Wonder Weeks phemonmena too, so interesting, and it helped me to have a new perspective on her new unsettled behaviour.

We have the four month immunisations due on Tuesday, hope i manage not to cry this time.

A weird thing happened recently, another slightly older bub, whacked Jaz in the face, purely because she is too young to have good motor control, nothing malicious, and the appropriate thing would be for me, the adult, to move Jaz out of arms reach of the other bubba, so they could check each other out, without hurting each other with their robot arms. But instead of moving Jaz straight away, i went into slow motion, almost NO reaction. It really scared me, i always thought i would be the Protective Mamma. But i went into the headspace of my childhood, when i coudln't react to violence because i was raised, you never answer back your parents, so i just had to put up with their violence. So, when this happened to Jaz, i just froze, and i think if there weren't other parents around - who said - move Jaz out of the way, i don't know how long it would have taken me to "come to" and react normally. I feel so shocked that i coudln't react quicker to help Jaz. She can't crawl or do anything to get out of the line of fire, she was reliant upon me to help her, and i did nothing. It really freaked me out.

Blanchie - i thought bumpers werent recommended cos of the suffocation hazard...evie rolls into the bars all the time - i think it's a gentle reminder to her to stop!

Fellow hair-less mummy Gigi, I wouldnt worry about not reacting as quickly as you might have thought you would've. I think at this stage, all of our senses are slightly dulled and we're running a little on auto-pilot, considering we're all having the same problems. I'm sure that if Jaz was really in any danger you wouldve jumped without even thinking. Dont look too much into it and beat yourself up over it

When i first bought DD home i had a nurse come her and checked out her room.... first thing she said was i had a bumber at the head of the bed... no where near where DD slept.... REMOVE IT...i never did....lol and i had roll thingys so she couldnt turn (like for her now not back then) DONT USE IT, NOT RECOMMENDED BY SIDS.....so both things i got in a lil troble for.....
    DH found her belly down bum up in the air this morning after her morning nap.... now im ***** scared she will thru the night as well.

Chels due for her 4 month needles in 2 weeks.....im dreading it again..... touchwood i dont cry.. i was brave last time but held her for ages afterwards cos i was so proud of her...

Tara- good gal u done a test.....im glad ur happy its not a positive.. or maybe thats DH !! haha

thanks i better not get bumpers!!! i wouldnt forgive myself if anything happened.

Emelia has her 4 month needles on friday im sooo not looking forward to it DP cant get the day off to take her i just cant handle it!!! im a big sook i made my mum hold her last time...i almost cried lol

i cant beleive its been 4 months already they grow too fast..i was holding a newborn yesterday was so weird so tiny, didnt get clucky though so thats good hee hee

Well its not really a bumper as such... it just ties on the the head of her cot.... not arund the sides.... from what ive been told they are now not really allowed to be sold becuase of SIDS.....but i still see sooooo many shops selling them.. and in their display cots....??

yeah i see them alot too hey..thats y i never clicked that they could be dangerous.

i guess Emelia will learn, she has been doing it less!!!! saves me $$$ too lol

ggrr...another bad morning nap time! i dont know why i keep getting so upset about it! why do they let themselves cry so much and not be comforted to sleep?! then when she is asleep i look at her little angel face and i cant believe its the same baby
    I think they put those bumpers in display cots to look good, especially when you look in babies galore or something and they have 'rooms' all decked out with one theme or whatever, it looks cute (until you see the $ tag!). i think best to err on the side of caution - if she bumps her head on the bars she'll go back to sleep and wont really be hurt - better than the alternative of risking it with bumpers

Been MIA for a while catching up with friends. Good to get out of the house and into the airconditioned comfort of cafes.

Big hugs to mums facing crying babies. Ella was unsettled just before turning 4months but she got back into the rhythm of things after her shots. Now we have teething....

We went to my MIL and she cried and screamed like she was 6 weeks old again. My MIL took her and went outside to rock her and of course she screamed louder because she was tired and was out in the bright hot sun. We popped some Bonjela on her little tooth buds (you can see them just under the skin) and she went off to sleep for 20mins.

Since then she's had one big cry a day and is so frustrated with her teething toys. I put them in the fridge which she likes but once they warm up she doesnt like them.

Congrats to chelsea! You go girl!
    Ella's not interested in rolling over. She wants to sit up all the time. So she's in the swing and on the sofa with me next to her. (perfect for reading time)

Ann

Evie just started pulling herself up to sit now....what happened to my little newborn blob?!? it's like a new thing everyday and i keep forgetting to write everything in her baby book! i might start carrying a dictaphone around!

oh my i cant seem to keep up in here!!! hope everyone is well!!

LOL there was a big day & I think I missed a whole page!! ah well...

Jovie has been doing stomach crunches too pull herself up when she's on an incline, its scary because she looses control & flops to the side. She's rolling but not heaps... can't be bothered really

Sleep is still a struggle during the day... I need to get out my wonder weeks book which I lost and let you all know where we are at. Its pretty amazing when you read it & it helps me realise that what she's doing is normal for her week.

YAY! Had a good afternoon,night and morning today getting Evie off to sleep. I kept her up for 2 hours instead of the normal 1.5 and i think it was enough to make her too sleepy enough to whinge! you just love them that little bit more when they go to sleep happily!

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

CHRISTY - there IS a wonder weeks book? tell me more? can i bribe you with a chocolate baby bilby??? ha ha

would be interested to know the details of that book so i could look it up at the library.

Four month immunisations today, poor darlin screamed the place down and this time, booby juice was not the panacea.

Tomorrow afternoon i find out whether the mechanic things The Car i FOund to Buy is a lemon or a definite. Fingers crossed, then i'll be MOBILE AGAIN - YEH!!!! Playgroups here we come ha ha

Gigi Here is some info Kelly put up about it. I have found it to be such a gift to my frazzled mind.

ARgh had the worst arvo with Jovie. She woke up from a nap at around 12.30pm and we came home from our friends house and Matilda went to bed, great... Jovie showed tired signs so I took her to bed and breastfed her. At 2pm Matilda woke up & Jovie started screaming, I breastfed her again... at 3.30pm I was getting stressed & anxious & realised I forgot to take my antidepressant today and I popped both girls in the pram to walk to the shops to pick up infant panadol jic. At 4pm I fed her again & she still screamed heaps so after ummming & ahhhing I gave her some panadol. Tried to put her to sleep again but she just screamed & screamed. At 5.30pm I asked DH to get her a bottle because I was over it all and she took the bottle happily & been happy ever since ALL afternoon was spent trying to figure out what was going on with her. I fed her every hour and finally gave her a bottle & that was what she was screaming about

My daughter loves bottles, she screams through every single feed I give her off the breast. She loves whatever is in the bottle, be it goats milk or breastmilk or a new formula I just got from the GP for food intolerant babies. I'm over it tonight.... so sad and stressed from all the screaming today.

sorry you've had a bad day christy :hugs:
    is it the flow that she's frustrated with? maybe she doesnt want to work hard on the breast and finds the bottle easier amd quicker as she doenst have to wait for a let down, sorry i'm probably not much help but i'm thinking of you.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast