Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #6

Olivia Guest

Meredith ...I reckon you should tell DH to stop watching you patting him to sleep, and get up and do it himself ...you poor thing....Lugh still wakes heaps in the night and my DH and I take turns to settle him ...and we aren't perfect ( far from it ) but it helps me heaps ....and Logan is lucky to have such a devoted mum.

all is fine with us, have a good easter everyone.

Definitely a developmental stage Vicky - Ella did exactly the same thing at that age. It only lasted 2 weeks...and went back to normal.

AJP - Horray for rolling over. Ella has done it half a doz times but has no idea how it happened! Now she doesnt do it anymore.

Ella has now started biting with her little teeth while feeding because she's discovered it makes mum yell. Then she doesnt feed because she gets distracted
    She's also only feeding on ONE side only during the night. I wonder if she's not needing to eat and just wants a cuddle...

Happy easter everyone!

Ann

Luua-OUCHY that Ella is now biting!!

Vicky-Poor thing being woken so often....Chels stil sleeps thru til 7-8am and does not wake at all unless she is cold....i hope Aston improves for you!!

I hope everyone had a good easter....we did! Have heaps of cute pics of Chels on her site now from today.....on Wednesday we are getting a studio shot done.

Ann - all i can say is OUCH!!!

Kim - love the new pics..adorable

Hope everyone had a lovely easter

ouchies!!! Matilda didn't have teeth until she was 13 months so I'm scared Jovie will get them while still bf.... but at the rate we are going she won't be

Kim the ticker & pictures are gorgeous!!

Well... we've held off putting Jovie into the shared room.... A) because she's decided to wake up 2-3 times a night and want to feed & I'm not getting out of bed LOL. B) because Matilda isn't sleeping well & we are going away in 2 weeks so may as well wait until we come back.

I think she will be a week off 6 months then so may as well wait until 6 months... LOL can you tell I don't want to move her yet?

Lastnight we played move rooms....Chelsea is now in our room as hers is getting to damn cold and the cats keeping jumpin in with her.....

She sleeps worse in our room All night she would wake and cry, ended up in our bed then we got no sleep.....its a nightmare arghhhh!!!

christy i can understand not being readyto move rooms with jovie i liken it me and sophie starting solids!!!
    KIM poor chelsea can you rug her up more at night???? what does she wear at the moment?

Normally she will wear a bonds suit and singlet and a thin sleeping bag, sheets and thin blanket. OR long sleeve suit singlet and thick sleeping bag, sheets and thing blanket. Her hands, feet and head are freezing no matter what. She wont let me wrap her, hates sheets on her no matter how tight i tuck her in. My health nurse said what she wears is fine and not to dress her in any more then that.....

Our room is warmer...i think cos theres two of us breathing and the sun seems to heat it in the afternoon, where as hers is at the back and never gets any sun what so ever. Its freezing if i shut the door (to stop the cats) so i had to stop doing that...

bummer Kim sophies room is also colder than the rest of the house so i hear ya!!!! i often put socks on her as well!!!

HI girls, first time in days that I have had a chance to get on the computer. Have had a house full of people over the easter break. Was good, but gee am I glad that they are all gone now!

Aston has settled, and is only waking once in the night, well for the last couple of nights - fingers crossed that it stays that way!

I have ordered a grobag - my inlaws are arriving from the uk in 4 weeks and they are bringing it with them They are heaps cheaper over there, even with the exchange rate. see how he goes in it. I hoping that it will magically make him sleep all night...lol...I guess I can live in hope.

hope everyone has a nice easter....

Christy - its nice having bubs near. I dont blame you for not wanting to move her either.

Vicky - Its nice to have visitors but they do throw schedules out the window dont they...

Kim - we put a mosquito net over the cot to keep the cat out of it. It seems to have stopped him. But yesterday we discovered the cat had urinated in Ella's pram(all over her wool insert) and on her toys. We've decided enough is enough...(sadly) we dont know what to do about his jealousy... We're now looking for a new home for him

Ann

Happy easter everyone

Finding it hard to keep up everywhere but i shall get there one day

All is good here

MIA again..Whew thats an effort trying to catch up with everyone! It's quite funny though, one post is sad, next one happy again, an outsider would think we're all bipolar!!!!
    anyways...
    *drum roll* EVIE SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT!!!!!! i've been meaning to move her out of the bassinet and into her cot for days as she is way way too big for the bassinet, so last night she was in her cot and slept through! i put her to bed at her normal bedtime around 6 and then got her up at 9 for a feed then she 'woke' at 5:45..i actually got her up cos, as you can imagine, my boobs were rather loaded!!
    I need to get her a sleep suit though, cos even though she was wrapped and had a blanket on her arms were like icicles!!
    now she;s gone back down for a nap which, might i add, she put herself to sleep again! anyways, i'm off to enjoy the day well rested! Sorry to rub it in everyone...i've paid my dues though! 1st nights sleep in over 6 months!!!

Luua, i just read your post about your cat. we are having the same problems. i haven't noticed he's urinated on anything but his meowing is just constant, like it actually doesnt stop. we dont know what to do with him either. giving him away has crossed our minds more than once, but we just cant do it. dh did just say that if he was peeing on everything like yours is then he'd be out on his ear! i feel bad because he used to be our baby and now we just dont have the time like we used to, which makes me feel like a terrible pet owner! oh well, we cant help these things i guess

Girls see your vet about your cats, there are hormone injections that can help or phermone diffusers....

ETA: Also wrapping something like aluminium foil (sp?) around a frequented area can distract them or cling wrap feels yuck to them, tape too, and the other thing is strong citrus smells. Just a few ideas to try
    Last edited by christy; April 10th, 2007 at 09:54 AM.

We are lucky our cats dont urinate on Chelsea's things....but just the jumping and sleeping on everything of hers is annoying me... grrr. They leave their fluff everywhere!

Chels went to bed at 9pm.....had only had 3 bottles then not 4.....and she woke at 1.30 gave her a bottle then took me til 3am to get her back to sleep....

Woohoo Taralee - isnt' it the best feeling in the world to have a full nights sleep. Aston gave us about four nights sleep just before we moved...I'm still waiting for it to return... LOL at the bipolar remark... up down and all over the place aren't we!!!

I'm hiding in the study at the moment. and have left the kids in DH's hands. Unless Aston needs to be fed, he is just as capable of looking after him as I am.

Our cat is an outside cat, so haven't had the issues some of you have had. thank god. DH would have taught him how to fly otherwise! The cat just ignores me now, which is cat speak for I'm not very happy with you. Well take a number!!!

Aston fed once last night, and settled him self back to sleep the other times he woke. Tonight I am going to see if he will settle himself back to sleep by himself. He doesnt cry, just moans.

hi all....too tired to do personals. sorry.

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

i don't know how, but i stopped receiving the daily emails from this thread, felt like something was missing but coudln't work out what!!! so i came hunting thru the gazillion threads and found you all again!

i ahve missed you all!

so, just me subscribing again (have no idea how i got unsubscribed!!!)

TIny bilby is five months old now
    teething (well that speaks volumes for our sleep right now!!!!)
    gurgling like she's underwater - our little dinosaur noises
    laughing out loud to herself , so cute
    chubby legs, body has really changed
    lots of smiles so it feels like she has a personality now
    i am even MORE in love with her (when she's not screaming re teeth!!!)
    have decided Teething Gel for President!!!! or gold medal or something!!!!!

still no car
    still stuck at home
    found another car i'm really keen on, it's far away and next Sat is the earliest dh might be able to take me to that caryard (but he might be working til 1.30pm and it will take best part of two hours to come home, then drive back in the direction he just came from, to take me and bub to caryard.

b/f has settled down, although Jaz gets SO distracted
    still waking up every three hours in the night
    chubba bubba legs, nappies are fitting better ha ha

hmmm, for someone who was JUST going to subscribe, i sure wrote a long catch up post!!! i'll shut up now!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast