Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #6

Default Babies Born November 2006 #6

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in November 2006.

Your Moderators for this forum are ad follows:
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] - Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] - Senior Moderator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found HERE

Hello all!!!

Things going okay today. I went out & set up a cot for Jovie... she's been in a hammock and sleeping on our bed during the day but she's starting to squirm out the hammock so her legs are dangling out the bottom, so I thought it may be time to move the hammock out & get the bed set up. That and a friend will be having a baby in the next month so I can lend her the hammock. Very sad but also the cot takes up so much space. We have it next to our bed with one side off so her mattress is 5cm lower than ours. She had 1 nap in there today so tonights the big test. It was funny, I wound up grabbing a grobag while I was at the shops & now am at home wondering if I needed to do it. The last 2 nights have been chilly but I have 1 grobag which is size 1 and this one is 6mths-18months so its probably good to have a back up grobag... hopefully...

glad you had a better day christy!! whoo hoo for the cot and fingers crossed for you!

we went swimming today!! last minute decision to go but i was good, sophie sucked her thumb the whole time, didnt like going under water but then again she was tired!! anyway will go again next week

hope all goes well with it Christy

And hope swimming is more fun next time AJP

AJP - Swimming is a bit strange for them i think. Ella always drinks the water (which is kind of yucky) but you can stop her. How did you get Sophie to hold her breath?

Christy - Good luck for the big test sleep tonight.

Both Ella and I have come down with a cold
    Bit sniffly and very tired but i dont think it will last as i'm blasting it with lots of echinacea and its not so bad today. As for Ella i might have to get the snot sucker thing that Fess make to help clear her nose.

Ann

Chelsea needles went ok.... but god damn now she is being horrid... screaming.. nothing will calm her....we r in for a long night

Other then that we had a quite day.....take care all

oh no Kim... I hope she settles soon for you!!!

Jovie went straight to sleep!!! She was so tired as she wouldn't have her late arvo nap today and was besides herself at 5pm so we stretched her out to 6pm and she went to sleep very quickly.... I hope she sleeps as well as she does in the hammock & is in there until 4am!!!

Ann, sophie is yet to hold her breath but with the 'diving under' technique they show you, they in time should hold it, my friends boy does it soooo cute!! bummer about the cold, i loooove the nose sucker, i'm a bit addicted to it

KIM i hope chelsea settles down for you, if not try some panadol!!

Christy well done girlfriend!!!!! fingers crossed she stayed there til 4am

i think we may be changing sophies sleep patterns and put her down for a nap around 5.30 and bed of night a little later, things are changing!! growing both physically and developmentally!!!

Morning Ladies,

God what a difference getting up only once in the night makes to you whole well being!!!
    I feel 300%better then I had been feeling. I'm not exactly sure why, but sometime over the time we were moving we stopped wrapping Aston - its only taken me this long to figure out why he wasn't sleeping as well as he had been! So yesterday we went back to wrapping, and I now have my REAL baby back - not the other one that was sending mummy over the edge....

DH has left for work, Aston is asleep in my bed, Nathan is cuddled up next to him (poor little guy - he had a nightmare that we were travelling over a bridge, which collapsed, and aston fell out the window! the only way to console him was to put him into bed with aston.he loves his baby brother so much.)Laura is sound asleep, and I have had a cup of tea and enjoyed the view. I have put photos of the view on my online album if anyone is interested.

I realised yesterday after hearing two horrible stories that I needed to stop and enjoy that view on a regular basis. to be still and regroup, and turn down the noise in my head. life is too short to be worried about the inconsequential things, and we all tend to do that don't we - get caught up in the inconsequentials...

As you can see I'm back to my waxing philsophical self...lol.

AJP - isn't it the way, just when you get a handle on things and think you have it figured out, they grow and change! makes life interesting thats for sure. We are going to start Aston in swimming lessons when he is 6mths. For some reason they don't do it where we want to take him until then. DH is going to take him I think. He loves the water so much. When he is in the bath he looks like he's swimming for Australia (or England if you ask DH!)

Christy - Jovies a big girl now going into her cot - hard isn't it? but well done. How is she going on the special formula, and are you still expressing? I would really love to catch up with you darlin. There is a new indoor play centre been opened in Nambour called kids run free. How far away from there are you? I'm about 40mins from there. Maybe over the easter holidays we could meet, and I will bring my big girl with me - she LOVES little kids, and she can supervise Matilda while we had adult time. Or the other option would be to meet in Maroochydore at a great park near where you stayed when you came up to the coast. anyway -let me know via email if you'd like.

Kim - poor baby girl...aston's are tomorrow, each time I read one of our little darlins has had there needles I have been cringing...I hope she is feeling better today hun. And I hope YOU are doing ok, there has been a lot going on in your world, with being pregnant, sick hubby, and looking for a new house. take care of you ok. hug

Ann- hope you and Ella are feeling better soon. Aston had a cold while we were moving, which he got over pretty quickly - thank god for little fess - it helped immensly, plus I got some baby antihistimine to help "dry" up his little nose. he was having trouble feeding and breathing at the same time poor little man. He then got conjunctivitis - which cleared up after putting breast milk in his eye. It really does work!!

HI Belinda, have you heard about the new indoor play centre that I was talkng about in Nambour? That is pretty close to where you are isn't it? I hope Cooper is feeling better - it seems the time of colds is upon us all.

How are you going Taralee, Olivia, Meredith, Gigi....(ohhh have I forgotten anyone??) and your precious bundles that all going so fast!!!

take care all and have a good day

oh beautiful views Vicky!!! Where are you??? I have been looking in the Glasshouse Mountains at houses & dreaming lately. Better run, Matilda wants something...

great views Vicky, i'm very jealous!!!

The views are dreamy...

Cold is much better now (for both mummy and bubby)

Ann

Hi ladies,

Vicky - what a great view! Is that ou your window? Certainly worth the rauma of moving!
    Glad the wrapping has helped get Aston back on track. I don't know how i'm going to get Logan out of he wrap - his hands are enough of a problem as it is!
    BTW - how is your puppy?

Christy - hope the cot goes ok for Jovie. I was worried re Logan and the cot but he doesn't mind it (well, crtainly hasn't made the sleeping any worse!). I am still using the hammock during the day sometimes just so we can use it for travel. It is easier than a portacot

Ann - sounds like you do really need to move quick smart! Domestics are no fun at all.

Kim - How is your DH doing? Poor Chels with her vaccinations. Any better today?
    How are you holding up? Not sure how you manage with work,sick DH, DD and being pg !!
    You deserve a big pat on the back (and maybe some chocolate!)

AJP - how are you? Wow on Soph's sleeping habits - what a good girl! Hope the stayig up a bit later gets things back on track fully for you.

Olivia - I am glad you ot something out of Tweddle. Maybe you just got a better nurse than me! Sorry, though that things going backwards a bit atm. It is just when you think things are all going well that they change it on you eh?

Belinda - congrats on Copper's 5mhs. Wow, they are all getting so grow up now.

Gigi - hope you have a car all to yourself very son. I would go mad if I couldn't get out.

Well, it hs taken me over an hr to write this post as I keep having to go in and resettle Logan. I am seriously near breaking point with the sleep issues. After such a great performance at NorthPark, he is reverting back to old difficulties. It is defnitely easier to resettle him but I am sick of my entire day revolving around sleep and settling.
    i can't even think abou tthe nights right now as it brings me close to tears! 4.30 am is not my idea of playtime and I am losin the energy and patience to deal with it anymore.
    DH has been sleeping on the couch for nearly a week so he can function at work so we are barely seein each other.
    agggh - sorry about the whinge but in a sleep deprived haze,I'm finding it hard to see that things will improve, although I am sure they will

Now about DH, he went back to the GP, liver counts still high BUT are coming down..but still higher then what they should be. U/s showed an enlarged spleen and gall stone. Iron is to high, cholestrol (sp?) is high, and some other thing to high. So for the moment nothing GP can do.. til 2 MORE WEEKS...when he has further blood tests He was up at 3am in pain so was on the computer doing work.....come back to bed round 5am. So today he is tired and in a weird mood

Chelsea slept ok... couldnt get her to bed b4 1130.... she would scream and cry. Gave her a bath-no luck. Panadol-No luck, Bottle-No luck.....by 1120 she was rubbing her eyes i put her into bed and played some music and finally drifted off. Poor bugger reacted so much worse this time.....

Im getting there... its been a tough 4 weeks for me....and i think im coming to breaking point.....but i have to be strong. I have a sick hubby, a beautiful daughter (who is 4 months tmrw!!!) and a lil bubba inside me that needs to grow big and strong. And i have to work to keep sane!!!

Thank you - yes the view is amazing. I am sitting looking out the windows at the view on the other side of the house, which is just as picturesque. The view is those pictures if from my kitchen window. there is a long verandah on both sides of the house, one has that view, the other has the hinterland hills...

Christy I'm in the noosa hinterland at a place called Cooran. It is right in the middle of where all the debate is about damming the Mary River...hence why it is such a hot topic. best dairy farming area in Qld apparently.

Have wrapped the boy again for his sleep, and went off easily. why oh why did i stop??

I hear you meredith...and I have only been having sleep issues for a little while. i was in tears in the middle of the night two days ago, feeling sooooo bad, DH was with me in Aston's room- he was so good, telling me what a great job i was doing, and what a wonderful mum i was. I was just so over everything. the stress of moving, no sleep, and a few other things that are going on in the back ground. I hope you get some resolution soon darlin. its a horrible feeling I know. BTW jake - the puppy is fine now - i think he is just a garbage guts as Christy said...but it was lots of fun at the time NOT! he is very happy in his new house though.

Kim, i'm so sorry to hear that DH is still not good. Hang in there, and try to be kind to yourself. your making a baby remember, and that is stressful enough.

Ann - glad you and bub are feeling better.

AJP - I think I live in the best place in the world. I love living on the sunshine coast. I don't think I could ever go back to living in the city - I used to live in Sydney nine years ago.

Well I guess I should go and get some other stuff done while the boy is sleeping.

Christy - I'm so glad you're feeling better! Like sunshine after the rain hey!

AJP - Evie loves swimming in the bath but becomes really subdued when we take her in the pool. I'm sure tiredness didnt help though! I've also tried putting Evie down for a nap and putting her to bed a bit later, it's worked a couple of times but she seems to only be up for an hour before wanted to go back to bed for a long sleep. Like i've said before - i'm tired of trying to work out patterns i'm just trying to roll with it!

Luua -did the tummy rash clear up? Did you try the cornflour?

Kim-I'm sorry DH isnt any better. Just keep being strong, you can do it. Remember your wee bun in the oven, and dont despair - we're never given anything to deal with that we can't handle. No matter how tough things get - you are woman!!

Vicky - i'm happy for you that Aston's doing better since you rediscovered the magic of the wrap! I thought Evie was over her screaming at nap time dramas but alas, she's back on them again! poor baby, i can see she's so tired and she just cries! then gets in a cycle where she cries so much she gets thirsty but is too tired to eat/drink then is too thirsty to sleep! If only they would listen to us! mummy's know best!!!
    At least now when you're feeling crap-ola you can look out your window and imagine your mind is as clear as that view!!

Hope everyone is well and having a positive day.

i added evie's pic to signature! i'm steppin up in the world!

Olivia Guest

hi everyone,

I am worlds worst mum ...and have stopped feeding solids ...MCHN gave me a big talking to ...well ...sort of ...I rang her about Lugh's sleeping and she said I was potentially making it worse with the solids ...so god forbid

Sleep ...ARGGHHH ....Lugh is ten times worse than he ever was ....last night ...down at 6.30pm ...I can't keep him up, he falls asleep and will not nap after 2pm ...sooooo ...he wakes at 7.30 ...dummies out ....again at 8.30 ...dummies out ....it only takes me 5 mins to settle ..but what a pain ....awake at 10 -11 and fed at 12 when he wouldn't settle ...then 15 mins to get him to sleep and then awake again at 3pm ...and then fed at 4.30pm ..won't settle ....sleep haze ...back awake and feeding at 6.30 ....

I know it's not the worst ...but combined with naps during the day where I need to resettle every 15 mins cos the dummy is out ...it drives me mad ...same as most of you.

I know controlled comforting/crying is supposed to be bad, but I m at the end of my tether ....I heard about "camping" really controlled crying without leaving the room, and I may try at six months ....god I wish that was tommorrow.

Strange thing is ...he is the happiest, loveliest baby and he couldn't be better when he was awake.

Oh and Vicky...after hearing your news re wrapping with Aston....Lugh has been wrapped for this sleep ...I stopped using it a week ago ...fingers crossed that it could help.

Meredith ...I feel for you ....go back to Northpark if you think it will help.

Kim ...god things are tough ....but it will get better.

Good luck with the cot Christy ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast