Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #7

Hi taralee - makes perfect sense about the family day care option, and relief sounds like a good alternative. Definately think Evie is old enough for self settling, which is not the same as controlled crying...I let aston self settle. When you go back into her avoid eye contact. which I know is hard to do when they are laughing and smiling at you. pat her bottom, or stroke her head, time for sleep...do that for a couple of minutes til she stops talking or crying, then walk out again. I read some where today, that you increase the time between returning by a min each time. any way...give it a go...she may also be starting to drop a sleep and go down to two...if that makes sense...

Well today i hit the final straw....sick as a dog and i cant get any help. DH is busy with work and cant take time off. Im sick of being a mum and cant handle it no more.

Chels will not settle, i tried to get her into sleep talk and they a bloody well all booked out until JUNE.
    SHe has had cat naps all day which is useless to me. I cant sleep when 20 mins later she is up screaming her lungs again.

Tried apples yesterday and she spewed it al back up. So im sticking to milk. I dont want to move on to new foods if all i have to do is mop it off the floor and my clothes.

Sorry if i sound very negative but im not well, and Chels is just being a PIA and no one gives a damn.

See ya ladies.....

sorry to \hear your having a rough day Kim!! :hugs: it's not hard beena mummy let alone a mummy and being pregnant!! go sit down for 5 minutes and close your eyes.

chelsea might not be ready for soilds yet, have you tried rice creal firts? sophie hasnt started yet but will try next weekend.

have you tried the sleep school in rosebud?

talk to me what time is she going to bed at night? whats your night routine?

I wasnt ready to give her solids but after everyone nagging me i thought id give it a go. I guess ill try rice cereal or something next. I feel at this rate she will be on milk for life. I have no idea what im doing....

Routine... WTF is that.... she has none.. she was in a good one for a while then my friend sent it out the door everytime Chels would go to her place.

So now she runs me. Bad i know but im that damn tired she can do what she wants. Night time normally she has a bottle around 7-8...(only the 3rd for the day..and she has 4 in a day). Bath time is normally 830-9. She still is very unsettled then. By 10 im pulling my hair out and feed her even if it has only been 2-3 hours. Sometimes she will fall asleep and she goes to bed then.... but will wake aorund midnight for play time. NOTHING will settle her then or go back to sleep. I end up hanging over her cot in tears and literally screamign for her to sleep.

Im a bad mother...bad bad bad.

My nurse said give sleep talk a go first....be ok if i could get in... who runs stupid talks only 2 times a month... ???

Im really just a lost case that cant be helped.

please dont take anything i say as critism, i really just want to help!!

i really think that by 8-9 chelsea is probably overtired, i would really try to get her bed time back to around 7pm, it may take a while day by day bring things back by say 15 mins until you have established a routine.

i know that you work 2 days a week so that throws everything out for you

dont worry about what others say about soilds do it when YOU thinks she's ready. sophie is 6 months next week and never had solids.

i'll tell you our day if that helps

depending on what time she goes to bed, usually between 6.30 and 7, shes usually up at 5.30/6, she feeds then plays for about 1 hour, she then goes back to bed within that hour for anything up to 2 hours.

throughout the day she feeds 2 hourly and only lasts up to 90 mins before needing a sleep, depending on her last sleep for the arvo she'll be in bed around 90 mins after she wakes. after 1 hour i get her ready for bed, thats a bath (10-15 mins) then massage (5 mins) jamies on, at this times she's getting snippy, feed and bed. i usually dont hear from her til the next morning but sometimes she wakes for a feed about 2 hours after her last feed. she cluster feed ( well i cluster feed her) late arvo so she has 6 feeds a day.
    she sleeps in a sleeping bag only at night, though i tell her i love her everytime she goes for a sleep isay good night love you several times at night, so hopefully she knows that that is bedtime.

if chelsea is having 4 bottles maybe give her smaller amounts more often see if that helps

i dont let sophie get overtired if i can during the day, first sign of tiredness and she'd off to bed, without a fight at all, on the occasions that she's overtired i wrap her but that's not often at all.

KIM i'm trting to find the sllep talks for my council, will get back to you soon

i hope i can help, your not a bad mum, please dont think that!!!
    Last edited by Olive; April 26th, 2007 at 06:00 PM.

I know people either wont beleive me or say i must not have tried hard enuf, but we have tried and tried tro get her to bed early..... we tried for 9pm for a week and half and each time she would scream, spew, another bath, new pj's, settle and back in bed.... to have it all go the same again. The ealrier she goes to bed... the worse she gets. this is why i need help. ive tried the suggestions my nurse and social workeer have said, i downloaded cry/sleep routines- none worked.

Maybe i havent tried hard enuf, or maybe im doing it wrong....i have no idea. She is like a problem child.... or am i the problem???

I guess i just have to keep at it and maybe just maybe this will all be sorted before bub comes along. I can only hope and pray.....

kim neither of you are a problem!!!!!!every kid is different some easier than others!!!! have you thought about sleep school?

I have thought about sleep school but my nurse said give sleep talk a go first??

But i cant get into that and i dunno how to get into sleep school....i just want something to help Chelsea sleep and routine... so i can sleep and not feel like if been hit for a six each and every day!!

what time does she wake up, tell me her routine for the day, how long between sleeps?

Around 8-9am: Wakes up plays for 20 mins or so. We get up change bottom, have first bottle. Plays on floor or in bouncer, talks to herself and me. She wont sleep. Doesnt rub eyes or appear tired. sometimes a cat nap...no more then 10-15 mins

1-130: 2nd bottle, if she is falling asleep i put her in bed, 15-20 mins later she is up wide awake again. Put dummy in and walk out... normally dont work so i get her up. She plays until next bottle.

530-6 bottle and play. watches tv and chats to herself.

7-daddy gets home so they play together then we have tea.

830-9: bath and rest time....then bottle and if fallen asleep bed.

midnight-2am- wake up and wants to play will not settle. i end up a mess.

She does not have day sleeps, if u out her down she just screams/cries/vomits. Overheats and will not calm down. If she goes to sleep in my arms or in bouncer and u try to move her then she wakes and will not go back to sleep.

She used to wake at 730am, feed then back to bed til 10 or so. then feed and have mini catnaps.... but now she doesnt even have sleeps any more....

I jsut dont know how to start a routine for her. She has never been a good sleeper...

She demands food every 3.5-4 hours and drinks all of her 220ml bottle each time. Do i maybe need to wake her early each day, in ordr to fit the 4 bottles in and get her to bed early.??

Just how do i do it..... ill try anything..... i dont care how much effort i have to go to... ill try any more suggestions any one has!!

My days i work are mondays and fridays. I wont be picking her up until 730pm each night... and she gets dropped off at 8am. Which means she will be up at 730am on those 2 mornings.

Thanks sooo much AJP... your a gem.... im sorry i sound like a winger or a stupid mum....

Kim - u poor thing, i cant even imagine how hard this must be for u, i just wish i or someone else was there to look after Chelsea for a while to let u have a well deserved sleep/rest!
    i hope u can get help with Chelsea soon *hugs* darl u are a great mother remember that as hard as times get...

Just wanted to share with u Emelia's routine as she is bottle feed too (i know every babies different) sorry if im not helping

Emelia wakes at 7 i get her bottle (200mls) ready straight away she has that we have a little chat then she plays in her bounce bounce baby, once she becomes sooky and starts dropping all her toys on the floor i put her to bed she sleeps for 30 mins

so about 9.30/10 she gets up has a little play on playmat or i spend time with her sitting up playing with toys, then bottle usually 3 or 4 hours after first.

then she has another sleep for 30-45mins awake sometimes she will be happy enough just to have a chat to her self in cot, i get her out so she can play with her toys, watch some tele with me, then another bottle around 2 -3, now in the arvo is the hardest for her to sleep so as soon as she shows any signs of been grumpy i put her into bed it will take about 20-30mins for her to get to sleep , then has a 30min -hour...a few weeks back she would sleep through the night with only having 3 bottles so i left it but after a few nights she was waking through the night so i would make sure she would have her 4th bottle and thats when i started solids with her 4th bottle.

after that sleep is play then bottle, solids (only recently just started), bath, then a little play with daddy and to bed usually at around 7 - 7.30 till morning

does she ever get the stares? long blank straring is a tired sign, hard to pick, that and lack of play or stop start play?

i'd put her back to bed after say 2 hours awake, see how that goes, sophie usually only sleeps for 45 mins, i dont stress if that's all she has,
    i'd try the up for 2 then back down

i'd eliminate the tv watching late arvo- too much stimulation, have quiet time, play read etc. i know that craig probably wants to play with her when he gets home but maybe keep it low key, read a book, so not to over stimulate her, maybe he could bath and massage her when he gets home rather than play then bottle - bed

start at normal time then bring back 15 mins earlier each night until it's earlier.

worth a try!!!

any tips for a blocked nose baby? i've got a humidifier with eucalyptus oil going, vicks baby balsam and a propped matress! if only she could blow her nose! oh, ive also tried fess drops and aspirator

Thanks AJP, plus with Taras help we are working on routine. Chels was bathed at 630, botle at 7 wen daddy got home, bed at 730! No fights no cries... she is tired tho...

See how we go tmrw!

Cant help on the blocked nose.. not had to come acros that one yet!

YAYYYYYY KIM, well done, just keep doing it like that!!!!! she needs repartition, if she knows that it's bath, bottle with daddy the bed,all around the same time every night you'll get there!!!!!!
    TARA ( whoops spelt tart!!) mmmm apart from little fess and aspirator which i love try fess then tummy time, sometimes makes it run out!! or tickle her noses to make her sneeze

A nose sucker? it helped Emelia a little

I like Chels being in bed this early.....i get time with DH!!

I hope Evies nose gets better Tara

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast