Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006

Hi everyone hopefully I will be joining you in here soon. I was in belly buddies with Naomi and Kristi but now I think I am the last one left! Bub is due next wednesday and I am hoping she will be good and come right on time and not leave me hanging!

Hi everyone!

Macauley has conjuntivitus too at the moment and i have been using breastmilk, but the dr has put him on some antibiotic eyedrops just to fully clear it up

I'll come back and post more later, have to get ready to go to the hospital, today was supposed to be my scheduled c-section
    I hope my little guy has put weight on today

Fingers crossed for some weight gain Naomi. Day 11 was when Ashton started going up in weight and continued to do so. He had a couple of days of weight gain prior to that but lost it again at the next weigh in. So hopefully it isn't too much longer for Macauley.

Love

Naomi I hope he's put on weight!!

Bon I hope this little one comes close to the right time! Would be nice

Well... our little sausage continues to be a good sleeper, just the getting to sleep is hard for her atm. She is very very windy still... and having mum here doesn't help. She just keeps saying "oh don't eat that.... don't burp her that way.... you shouldn't have any coffee..." urgh... I know some of it but I hate hearing it from her. I find when I try to burp her after feeding nothing comes out. So doing all our natural remedies for wind & then going to try some Brauers Colic tonight.

Christy, Sorry if you already know this, Try leaving Jovie for 10 minutes or so after feeding her before trying to burp her. She may need a bit of time to get it together to bring up IFYKWIM.
    I only Burp Isla if she seems to need it, not each & every feed. Also it doesn't have to be a burp that happens, it could be a silent fart.

Oh I forgot, DH was asking me where you got the name Jovie from. I didn't actually know so thought I would ask.

Hi All,
    I had my little man on 7th Nov, Melbourne Cup Day, just minutes before the big race, my DH was spewing as he missed it and had to watch the replay LOL

I was reading through the thread and I'm a bit jealous of all these little babies, both of mine were over 4kg (9lb 2oz and 9lb 3oz), but I cant complain coz Xander was a good baby and so far so good with Baylee too.

Looking forward to knowing u all better.

Hi Robyn,
    CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Baylee!! My little girl was born on the 6th, just before midnight.
    Have you done up a birth story? I would love to read it.

CONGRATS ribyn in baylee's arrival!!! the more mums in this thread the merrier!!!

Who else has a baby who likes to have their unsettled period at everyone elses bed time?!!

curlylocks11 Guest

hi everyone, i just found this thread,i didn't even think to look for it! Samantha is doing well, i am geting her weighed tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how much she weighs, she was born weighed 4.395kg, and left the hospital 4 days later weighing 4.050kg. When she was 8 days old she weighed 4.300kg, so i think that she might have put on a lot of weight in the following week. She looks so big now...

Be back later

Hi Robyn and Alison.

Great to have you both here.

Fiona - Ashtons awake time is usually when we are trying to get the other 2 ready for bed, so we pretend ashton is going to bed as well that way we get the other boys down alot easier LOL.

Love

AAAAHHHHHHH woke up with a sore throat yesterday and a cold today!!!! just what i needed, not!! will i pass this on to sophie? dont really want a 2 week old having a cold?

AJP, Are you breastfeeding? If so, then you will pass on the antibodies from your cold on to her through your milk. So if just does happen to get it from you it shouldn't be a bad because the antibodies would have started to protect her from it. Hope your feeling better soon. Rest up & eat well.

FJ i am BF and building up supply of expressed at the moment (am going to U2 on sunday night), would hate for her to het sick but passing on antibodies is reassuring.
    Have recommenced sleeping on my tummy and boy it feels good!! though i really do miss my big preggo tummy i have to look twice at my reflection sometimes, forgotten what it's like to have a flat tummy again! cant wait to be pregnant again, should i be thinking those thoughts so soon! scary.

Hello! Sorry I've been quiet, Mum is staying here in the room where the computer lives, so don't have all access anymore.

FJ - Jovie is actually from the movie "Elf" the girl character's name is Jovie & DH & I fell in love with it. Apparently it means joyful or jovial.

Hi Alison & Robyn!!

Jovie's been unsettled heaps during the mornings, so not at all when Matilda is going to bed yet, thank goodness. Its hard enough getting Matilda to bed.

Ah ok, I will have to tell DH. I only wish Isla would have her unsettled time in the morning, not like I get to sleep in till 11 am like she does so she might as well need me then!

AJP - I have gone back to tummy sleeping too. Have fun at the U2 concert. I know of people that went to the Adelaide one, and all have said it was one of the best concerts they have ever been too.

Christy - I had been wondering why you were quiet. I forgot your mum was over

How is Isla going Fiona ?

Love

I gace Isla a bath last night at 8pm & she was much more settled after that, she had a sleep till & woke at 10.30 & back to sleep. Woke at 1.30, then 4.30. then 7.30 & up at 9. I can live with that . Its weird actually she hasn't been doing poo's at night & seems to really struggle in the morning. But then she just pops & you can see her face go "awwwwww yeah" LOL

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast