Default Babies Born October 16th ~ 31st 2008 #5

This thread is for parents whose baby was born October 16th ~ 31st 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying~ Senior Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-4-a.html

didi - i am doing BLS.. Mia eats what we eat. Minus curries and things. I have always been told by my MCHN and peads and my GP, that its fine to let her have meats. Pead in melbourne reccomended it. Its not like im giving a juicy bit of steak. The tuna was in the pasta bake she had. The mince was in sheppards pie and the lamb was from a jar (just the heinz organic, 7-9 months old) this is coz shes not good with purees and its mashed rather than purred.

She had some corn with her potatoe and pumpkin today.. im interested to see the corn come out the other end tomorrow coz she swolled it whole. She is getting so good with her chewing now so its been to easy to give her things like toast.

Hi ladies,
    Had a pretty crappy day all round. I got a call from the hospital today and it turns out that Olive has salmonella poisoning! We are absolutly mortified. They think and we think it is from our chooks. They are pretty much free range and even though DH wipes his feet and takes off his boots we think that it has somehow gotten into the house and as Olive is so mobile now she has picked it up off the floor as she likes to lick the floor boards ATM as she getting around. We are on notice to go to hospital if she gets worse or doesn't improve. It's hard though cause she is whingy etc to us but other people probably just think that it's normal baby behaviour. She also spewed for the first time tonight. I'm worried but hopefully she will get better without intervention. She is pretty happy really for a baby who is obviously sick, poor thing.

hj - all the nsw health websites state that babies shouldn't really have meat until 8mths so I personally will stick to this recommendation especially concidering that Olive isn't even 6mths yet. Wheat isn't recommended until 12mths as it can lead to allergies and celiacs disease or wheat intolerance but apparently it is ok in small amounts around 8-9mths. Obviously it's a personal choice but it might be worth doing some reading, I find the whole thing very confusing.
    How's the new house?

didi - sorry to hear about Jorda, do you ahve a date for the MRI?

OM - how scary! i hope she is ok.

Have I mentioned carseats in here??? anyone thinking of turing their around or have done so already? I'm not ready and neither is Mia to have hers turned around yet. I know alot of ppl do it at 6 months but shes still so little. I think i will re - asess closer to 12 months.

I thought the point of all food at this stage was for their experimentation and to get them used to the whole eating new foods thing rather than for specific nutrients - hence milk is still the most important part. I also thought I'd read iron starts depleting around 4 months...? 'Babylove' (by Robin Baker) recommends meat as part of the introduction process. Having said that I haven't given Liam any meat yet. As for teething putting bubs off eating, it makes sense. If your mouth hurts you probably don't want too much food...? Why does all the information have to be so conflicting??!! I guess it comes down to that good old mother instinct again. ....my instinct is tired.... hehe

OM - sorry I just read your post (started typing a few hours ago then got caught up before i finished). How scary!! Good its been picked up though. Hope little Olive is feeling better soon.

Yup we have turned Jorda around last week.. She loves it! and so do we!

Oh ya Happy Birthday to me! 28 oh my goodness!

happy birthday didi!

hi everyone,
    its been a while!
    jacob now has 2 teeth! both bottom centre, I think the 2 top ones are starting to come thru now too....had no probs with the teething, if anything just made him a little more serious.
    he is now sleeping from 8:30pm thru to 6:00am-7:30am, so he has pretty much dropped 2 feeds with no problems! which is a big woohoo for me with the extra hours of shuteye!
    havent even thought about starting the jman on solids yet, hes almost 10kg on just breatmilk, even though he is showing a bit of interest, dh and I have been doing a bit of research on it, some very interesting stuff out there, very conflicting advice....I found one website that reccomends exclusive bf till they have all their teeth....cos in the old days (ie before blenders etc) thats what used to happen, also another interesting thing about solids only starting to be introduced so early coinciding with formula feeding becoming the "norm" (back in the 40s and 50s) I dont know what we will do yet, but its been fun just reading all these different oppinions!
    in regards to the car seat- I havent turned jacob around yet, I was really looking forward to it cos I knew he would hit 9kg earlier than most, but it is so much safer to have them rear facing. there is a thread around here somewhere with a youtube video of crashtest dummie babies in forward and rear facing seats....made me think twice.
    hoping to be around a bit more now, still catching up on whats been going on with you all and your bubs.
    hope you all have a fantastic easter xx

October Babies! (16th-31st 2008)

Didispunk - 25/09/08 - Jorda May - 6lb 14oz - 12:46pm
    AmandaJ - 15/10/08 - Julian Jesse - 7lb 11oz - 4:12pm
    Olive'smummy - 17/10/08 - Olive Mae - 8lb 15oz 2:24am

1stbub27 - 17/10/08 - Liam Samuel - 8lb 2oz - 7:22

Tanstar - 18/10/08 - James Benjamin George - 10lb 0.84oz
    Hollye - 22/10/08 - Mia Anne - 7lb 12oz - 8:08pm
    SneakySparkle - 24/10/08 - Evangeline Ruby Hope - 7lb 5oz - 2:00pm
    Leigh26 - 26/10/08 - Lara Jade - 6lb - 4:15pm
    KimB - 26/10/08 - Meara Ainsely - 7lb 4oz - 1:56pm
    hj1981 - 28/10/08 - Bianca Jane - 7lb 5oz - 12:20pm
    rileynmia - 29/10/08 - Audrey Elisabeth - 7lb 6oz - 5.07am
    blizz - 29/10/08 - Angus Ezra - 9lb 2oz - 9:48pm
    STARRYSKY - 30/10/08 - Jacob Declan - 9lb 11oz - 12:13am

Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; April 12th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.

I was in your due date.. but jorda came 6weeks premie!

Same here, Julian decided to come two days early, lol.

Didi Happy birthday for yesterday, hope you had a great day.

OM sorry to here Olive is so sick, hopefully she will be getting better soon.

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you enjoy your babies first easter.

Julian cut his first tooth on Wednesday night, so that explains all the night wakings and the grumpyness. We went and visited my mum and dad on Frida and came home just before the easter bunny last night. The kids had a great morning so far and have limited their chocolate in take for now....going to have hot cross buns soon, yummmy.

hugs xoxo

just a quick one.

Amanda - woohoo on J's first tooth!! where about is it??

Mia has been very cranky these past 2 days. Not screaming, just very clingy and very whingy. She has a slight cold so i dont know if this is why, but shes not normally like this.. and its more just a cough and the sneezes. So mayb teeth? Im not sure... im abit stumped really.

Happy easter everyone =) we arnt doing anything.. nice quiet one at home.

Hi Girls,

Happy Easter, hope you all have a nice day. I am home with my 2 girls coz DH is at work so I have been trying to do house work. I am so sick of doing house work!!!

OM - Poor Olive, hope she gets better soon. You must've freaked out when you heard thats what she had.

Didi - When is Jorda's MRI? I hope everything will be ok. Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope you had a nice day/night.

I haven't turned Lara's carseat around yet either. I'll be waiting a while yet, even though it is easier to put them in forward facing. I also haven't started her on solids yet either, I'll wait until she is 6 months. Lara goes to sleep around 8:30pm - 9pm at night and usually sleeps anywhere from 7am - 8:30am but for the last few days she has been waking at 5:30am. I know its still a good sleep but its driving me nuts. Most times I put her dummy back in and she goes back to sleep but other times I have to give her her bottle. Still no teeth but she has a very swollen gum and a bit of a cold so not sure if her bottom tooth is on its way.

Gosh DD1 is driving me nuts already harping on me for Easter eggs. I haven't had any yet but its very tempting but I am trying to be good. Havent done any exercise since Fri though.

Gotta go, hi to everyone else!

hrrmmm this teething thing gets a tad confusing doesnt it. I spose we wont know they are actually "teething" until they cut a tooth. Hopefully sooner rather than later..

I know what you mean Hollye. Lara is my 2nd baby but DD1 never had any problems with teething at all. They'd all just come through without them even giving her any discomfort. I hope Lara is the same.

i was thinking about getting one of them amber teething necklaces.. has anyone used one? or know about them???

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast