Default Babies Born October 1st-15th 2008 #7

This thread is for parents whose baby was born October 1st -15th 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying~Senior Moderator
    Nelle~Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your Previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-6-a.html

I have been lurking a little, just not up for posting.

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES! I had a wonderful day. DH was home early from work so we went shopping & BJ bought me 2 x charms for my pandora bracelet that the IL's gave me. DH bought me the Wii so of course I had to try it out last night & of course my back is suffering today My back was feeling so great yesterday, and I over did it... It's sore again today. I'll be keeping away from the Wii till next week. I am able to walk around, straight, but still have to wear a back brace for support. It's very difficult lifting BJ out of his cot, off the floor etc, but I'm just being very careful.

TANYA I just wanted to mention that I also didn't think BJ was ready for solids.. DH was pushing the issue & then the GP said to start him on a tiny bit to help with the iron.. Low & behold,,,,, He took it like a champ. He was so ready for it & I didn't even know. He never spits it out, takes every mouthful, gets so excited when he sees the cup & spoon I feed him with, opens his mouth for every spoonful. Of course DH was "I told you so"... I have started soooo slow. Just 1/4tsp of Farex for 3 days, then a heaped 1/4 tsp for a few days & slowly building up that way. He's been having it for a couple of weeks now & is still only taking 1/2 tsp in the morning + 1tsp at night (plus added EBM). So I would recommend giving it a go, just with Farex, cause you just never know.

RE: BF necklace... My MIL gave me a thick chained necklace with 5 big beads on it (for my Bday) & BJ LOVES playing with it when feeding. I was also going to get the one from Mothers Direct but found this to be just as affective. The chain is a snake chain so durable. I'm not worried about it breaking, it wouldn't hurt BJ if it did as he's mouth is on my BB so no chance of swallowing the beads

BELFIE I definately wouldn't worry about X's weight. That's fantastic. BJ was 7.9kgs a week ago.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MATT TODAY

SAMI Hugs for you for yesterday.

CSAB Hugs for you too... I'm sure you can make the asprin just a part of your daily routine... GIve V a kiss from BJ

Oops.. BJ needs attention. BBL for the rest of the personals xx
    Last edited by Olive; March 14th, 2009 at 07:36 AM.

BIRTHS!

Georgi - 28/08/08 - Byron John - 4lb 15oz - 7:14am
    curl - 23/09/08 - Loralei Grace - 8lb 4oz
    Belfie - 25/09/08 - Xander Jordan - 7lb 7oz - 1:35am
    Didispunk - 25/09/08 - Jorda May - 6lb 14oz - 12:46pm
    SamiH - 25/09/08 - Zander Abe - 8lb 1oz - 8:58pm
    cocopop - 29/09/08 - Josef Justice Bernard - 7lb - 9:57pm
    CathieW - 30/09/08 - 9.00pm
    ^^^- Sam - 7lb 3oz -Hana - 5lb 10oz^^^- born 12 minutes apart
    Helly - 02/10/08 - Ewan Shaun - 8lb 9oz - 3:08pm
    PinkPalace - 07/10/08 - Ethan Cruz - 7lb 7oz
    Kuraiza - 07/10/08 - Jude Hugo Thomas - 5lb 10.3oz - 6:39am
    *Tanya* - 10/10/08 - Maya Katherine - 8lb 13oz - 9:28am
    Katones - 12/10/08 - Jack Anthony- 9lb 4oz - 10am
    Csab - 14/10/08 - Olivia - 5lb 2oz - 2:35pm
    AmandaJ - 15/10/08 - Julian Jesse - 7lb 11oz - 4:12pm
    Hippiemummy - 17/10/08 - Banjo
    Olive'smummy - 17/10/08 - Olive Mae - 8lb 15oz 2:24am
    1stbub27 - 17/10/08 - Liam Samuel - 8lb 2oz - 7:22
    Tanstar - 18/10/08 - James Benjamin George - 10lb 0.84oz
    Hollye - 22/10/08 - Mia Anne - 7lb 12oz - 8:08pm
    SneakySparkle - 24/10/08 - Evangeline Ruby Hope - 7lb 5oz - 2:00pm
    Leigh26 - 26/10/08 - Lara Jade - 6lb - 4:15pm
    KimB - 26/10/08 - Meara Ainsely - 7lb 4oz - 1:56pm
    hj1981 - 28/10/08 - Bianca Jane - 7lb 5oz - 12:20pm
    rileynmia - 29/10/08 - Audrey Elisabeth - 7lb 6oz - 5.07am
    blizz - 29/10/08 - Angus Ezra - 9lb 2oz - 9:48pm
    STARRYSKY - 30/10/08 - Jacob Declan - 9lb 11oz - 12:13am
    Kylieb77 - 2/11/08 - Logan James Brooks - 9lb 7oz -2.55am
    Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; April 11th, 2009 at 12:36 PM.

woo hoo new thread time
    i am about to chuck Jack out with the dirty dishes...awake 3 times last night!!!!

You chuck out your dirty dishes? I wash mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kuraiza View Post
    You chuck out your dirty dishes? I wash mine.

not funny

i reckon I'd like to throw out my dirty dishes sometimes!

Quiet on here today! My boy is currently a bit grizzly - more teething activity I think. Had some friends over for lunch, she's 20 wks PG with their first... very exciting for them. Busy day otherwise... BBL the grizzles just came back!

Oh dear, now I cant scroll down as I type through the previous posts cos it is a new thread ... have to use my fuddled brain ...

kuraiza - noone puts more pressure on us than we do ourselves I think!! But I have actually had quite a few people say recently - you must be about due to stop b/f soon, and one of them was a friends hubby so that felt very awkward - like it was code for "put your boobs away!" - and = how long are you going to b/f for? Talk about extremes.

Amanda - whats with this let-down limbo business - I just dont get it - thougth it might of been the stress of thinking about having to express to go out today etc .... but I am still having trouble - I am really surprised he isnt hungry - must have some good juice that keeps him going hopefully

Georgi - Hi! Hahaha - I thought you threw the routine out, are you back with it now? And the solids thing is really unpredicatable hey - but glad to hear it is going well.

belfie - movie was ok, just girlie drivel, but what i needed.

katones - what did you decide on re the cot?

Hi to everyone else ... I cant remember posts from previous thread

Zander and I are 10 days away from 6 months b/f and then I will get over that psychological barrier. Today he only took 100mls EBM from the bottle - but he took it - and then DH gave him some rice cereal and sweet potato mixed in - and he had about 4 good tspns he reckons. Maybe it was the time of day and kids were home etc when i try during the day he couldnt care less when everyone is out. Who knows, maybe 100mls is all he ever takes from me anyway??!!

I'm still havin huge letdown issues - and cos I have end of April in sight technically for b/f for easter camping and travelling to Vic for baptism middle of April - i think I am stressing myself out. Just like you were saying Tanya

SAMI I can't believe people are making comments that you're still BFing... I thought it was the norm. All the babies at MG are still BF. I remember reading somewhere that 80% stop BF around 3 months but I can't see that. I think it's so normal to BF till 12 months
    Yep, stuck with the routine & IT"S WORKING YAY! I threw it out for 1 day as he still woke through the night. But last night he slept through.... I just stopped feeding him in the middle of the night the night before. I hope he sleeps through again tonight. I was thinking he would just do it himself (as he did before) but now I realise I need to help him along by re settling during the wee hours rather than feeding. He has always had 5 feeds a day but since the routine it turned to 6. I am really enjoying the routine. Loving it actually. I love having the set times. It makes planning so easy. Plus he's now in bed by 6pm so there's no cranky baby to attend to during cooking & dinner time.

Glad to hear your movie went well.

SamiH...haven't decided on anything DH still wants him in our room 2 night now in a row..and the bugger has woken mulitple times!!! i am going to try him in the porta cot in his room (not permanent but at least i can try)

Sami how did the movies go? hope you had a great time.

katones big hopefully the portacot will give you some extra sleeping time tonight.

Well I think I solved my problem with my let down, I think when I don't eat as much as I need to it must affect the quality of my milk and the amount, as yesterday and today he hasn't been as unsettled.

Julian turned 5 months today, I can't believe how quickly this is going, Sami how are you coping with Z, been your last and all, I thought that they would stay little a little longer then this, lol, getting all sentiment.

I'm going to see a pyschic tomorrow, so will see what she has to say.

hugs xoxo

well...he didn't sleep all night in the porta cot as DH wanted him in our room!!! BUT i have won!!!! we bought a sound/motion monitor yesturday..now waiting for it to arrive!!! then my BIG/little boy is going in his own room!!!!! BUT he did sleep all night last night

Hi all. I ended up having a PC free weekend.

On Friday I mentioned that I had a blocked duct. Well I was trying hard to unblock it but nothing was working and I started freaking out that I was going to get mastitis. I even ended up sending DH out to buy an electric pump! But that didn't work either. Then finally on Saturday morning Maya finally took that side and it drained!

On Saturday we looked at places to live and we applied for one today. On Sunday we went to a baby market. Then my MIL came round in the arvo and stayed for AGES and drove me nutty with all her advice as usual. I just try and ignore her now.. but she does get on my nerves. I know she's trying to help but why can't she just let us do things our way!!

Today I took Maya to the GP to see if there's anything physically wrong that will explain her small weight gains. The GP didn't find anything wrong. But I have to get a wee sample of Maya's and that's still to be checked out. I think she'll be physically OK. I think I just don't have as much milk as I used to and I'm also not getting good let downs. I'm really hoping the electric pump will help to increase my supply now. The doctor also thought I should maybe give some formula feeds. But I'm in two minds about giving her formula.

Sami & Amanda - It sounds like we've all been having trouble with supply and let downs. I really think mine is from stress and from Maya not feeding enough for a while now.

kuraiza - Yeah I agree that their is real pressure to breast feed for minimum one year.

Georgi - Another reason I'm not introducing solids yet is because breast milk (and formula) have more calories and I want to try and put some fat on her skinny body. So I think trying to get her to take more breast milk or formula is the answer for now. Glad to hear the routine is working.

katones - Good to hear you have Jack's sleeping arrangements sorted.

Hello to everyone else!

Hello Hello!
    Just a quick pop in to say that Bethany and I are flying to Sydney tomorrow for a 2 week stay with my mum. Everything the past weeks has been a bit much and I need the break. Where better to have a break than with your mummy? We fly out at 5am! Ewww but anyway atleast Bethany should sleep most of the flight down.
    I hope to be back later to say bye bye, busy day ahead packing and getting organised.
    Have a great day all

amy ~ hun i have pm'd you....maybe we can have a catch up day whilst your here in sydney???
    Jack was a good boy AGAIN last night (touch wood) heres hoping it was just those 2 nights of terror and NO more...

he has now started putting his arms up when i go to pick him up now..and i say.."up up" very cute...and he can sit!!!!!!! can also move backwards when he has time on the floor...whilst laying on his back...uses his feet to push himself backwards..and rolls all over the loungeroom floor...

Freaking tired today

We have decided to take solids off the table for a week - literally for Zander. Since he has started he hasnt been overly interested so only had maybe a tsp per time max - and every night he goes to sleep fine, but thenfor the next 2/3 hours - he cries out every 20 - 30 minutes and we pick him up he feels comforted and is fine to go back into the cot - I think he has tummy pains - he hasn't poo'd since Friday which is not like him every day - so thinking the iron in the rice cereal etc is playing with his tummy.

Will see what happens for the next couple of days. Have tried massage, deep warm baths, drinking warm water, infacol - so will see what nature brings the next 2 days and if nothing will get some professional advice. No comments about b/f babies and 10 days please girls, cos Zander poo'd every day so out of character for him.

amy - have a great time in Sydney - you are very lucky to still have your mum to look after you

katones - did you chat to DH to find out what he is actually concerned about with Jack in his own room?

amanda - yes, at times I will zander not to grow up too fast - and then other times I cant wait to get over what phase he is going through lol. He looks so big now, and I too cant believe he will be 6 months next week!

tanya - glad to hear nothing is wrong - so hard to get wee samples from little girls too!! who knows, she might have a uti - something simple as that! My letdowns are ok again (again I think it was stress like you!!) and supply, well, i just figure if Zander was still hungry he would cry or not sleep or want to feed more than he does - same for maya?

So now I will try to continue b/f until he is over this poo issue and introduce solids again.

belfie - whats going on with you - how is mr x's grumbles???

I am so out of ideas of what to have for dinner with kids too - i am feeling slightly over it already today. I am sick of making food that Giselle will only pick at - but today is child care day and she has a cooked lunch so for dinner if she has a sandwich i just dont care.

Off to plan my day!

SamiH..i think Dh's issues are about SIDS...and the fact he likes having him close...i already said to him..he is like 2/3 steps away...'oh but i won't sleep if he is in his won room." was his reply... anyways we have bought a sound.motion moniotor(the one that picks up no breathing for 20 secs) and he is going in his own room...no if/buts about it...

I wonder how PP is going?? anyone heard from her??

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast