Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #12

Hi!

A bit too much to catch up on at this late hour but it seems your all well.

Nikki - 12 weeks! Thats great. I'm glad the bleeding seems to have slowed. This is such a gorgeous age! I can't believe how much they are learning every day! Yep hopefully everything should be right for Wed. I'm dropping into my old work in the city first so may be a bit late but I'll give you a message.

We had a pretty good weekend. Louis did so well and really understands "no". I'm so glad I don't have to say it all the time at home though as it's so tiring to constantly watch him and tell him off. He's making lots more noises and my friend today taught him how to do this funny spitting thing. So naughty but we got it on video and it's so funny.
    The biggest news is that he's slept through the last two nights! He's had a little bit of trouble going down or 40min in but other than that has slept through to around 7.30 ish. Woo hoo!!! We're definately down to 3 feeds as well and he seems to be happy with this. He also has cows milk on his cereal so...
    We showed him the cows at the farm and one of them mooed and the poor little thing started crying! He's starting to let go of things a lot more so I think he will be standing on his own really soon. We just seem to have so much fun together. He's copying everything at the moment.

I'm still waiting for af - did anyone have a lead up to af? I've been getting some cramps on and off but still nothing....It's the one time in my life that I want to get it! hehe.

Ok better get some sleep! Speak to you all tomorrow!

OMG Kristie - how cute about the cow!!!

Nikki - congrats on the 12 weeks mark!!!

Kirsty - I'm so sorry Gus is so unwell. that must be awful for you both. Lots of get well vibes!

Emma has a really severe nappy rash ATM. I wrote more about it in general baby discussion - feel free to offer me tips in there! Anyway, it seems a bit better this morning thank goodness.

I've got a cold & feeling a bit lousy, so we will be having a quiet day today.

Hi!

Linda - Sorry to hear about the nappy rash. Louis hasn't really had it so I don't have much advice. The times he did have it a bit red I just lathered him up in cream....I hope you feel better soon!

Not much happening here. Lots of work to do after being away from the weekend. Just worked out that while I work 1/2 as much as dh and probably earn nearly 1/2 as much I certainly don't get the equivalent help around the house/with Louis. Hmmm time for a chat I think! hehehe. Normally I keep on top of everything really well but those times when I do have heaps of work or when we've been away for a weekend it's so hard to catch up.....

Have a good day!

I have been told (and not had the chance to use this tip yet, but it was a very reliable source who has three lovely kids) that the best ever nappy rash stuff is baking soda and water made into a paste and put on the skin (it makes sense as it neutralises the acidic urine or poop which causes nappy rash). Nappy free time is also a GREAT cure and don't use wipes but use cotton wool soaked in warm water only (no soaps!). Also hydrozole cream avail OTC at chemists is great on fungal rashes/allergy rashes..... HTH!!!!

Oh, Jess cruised along the lounge this morning! She was after the remote control! *L* It was sooooo cute and I clapped and cheered and Kat joined in and clapped her too and Jess just had this "I'm so proud of myself" look on her face. It was priceless!!! Takes her so long to go from crawling to standing, but given practice, she'll get faster. She's a lot more cautious than Kat ever was.....maybe that's a good thing?! *L* Kat's such a clutz! Early walker or not, Kat falls over more than any other kid I have met *L* Lucky she's tough and hardly ever cries! I mean she runs into walls and gates etc! Even when she's watching where she is going! I hope Jess has better co-ordination! Couldn't handle another clutz AND Kat. We'd have to wrap them both in cotton wool to stop them hurting each other running into each other!!! Dodgem babies!

what a crack up kerrie,thats funny,dodgem babies!!!!
    linda,c has had a nasty nappy rash too,she has never had one before now and is taking its time to clear up.went to chemist and they have given me something to try,so will see if it helps.
    nikki

Question not at work today good or bad?????

Linda we use daktozin for nappy rash and also dribble rash It works wonders. We got when Jordan got thrush in the early days and have kept a tube for any time he gets a little red.
    Kerry what a cutie Jess is going for the remote.
    Kristie YEAH on the 2 sleep thru's and the drop to 3 feeds a day. We are on the same 3 feeds a day and cant wait for the lunch boobs to go, then I wont have to express anymore. In regards to AF i had a bit of cramping before she turned up, I was expecting it and then nothing and then she surprised me. Maybe it is on the way and you can get TTC again.
    Nikki hope Chantelles nappy rash clears up aswell. Cant wait to catch up with you and the girls tomorrow.
    Kirstie Hope that Gus feels better soon. Middle ear infection doesnt sound very fun.

Well as for us, Jordan has been pulling himself onto his knees when on his tummy so I think that crawling wont be too far away. He also has his top left tooth coming thru, you can see it thru the gum now so anyday now.
    Didnt go to work today as no work for me. I am getting a little annoyed at this because I have to take annual leave when I dont go in. Its a catch 22. I can go to work and do nothing and get paid (will be bored and want to be home) or stay home with Jordan and take annual leave (and then not have enough when I want proper holidays). I think I might see if my mum will look after Jordan on wednesday mornings and then I can work in the morning for a couple hours. That way there will be work when I get there as they are doing it all before I get in.????? something to think about anyway

Hope everyone has a nice day and cant wait to see CIndy, Kristie and Nicole tomorrow, and all the kids ofcourse.

anyone else's bubs into making strange sounds? Jess started out with the razzberries and then onto a wheezing sound (that used to make me jump up in panic that she couldn't breathe or something, then I realised she's doing it because she can) and now it sounds like she hocking up a luegy (excuse the expression!). She does it ALL the time now *L*. She thinks it's sooooo funny. It's like a cross between a donald duck and a hiss with teeth closed. SOO cute! and yet sounds horrible *L* Only a mother would love em hey?!

LOL Kerrie - that sounds so funny!

Tracey - that sounds a bit tough having to take your annual leave. I hope you can find a better solytion.

Nikki - what did the chemist give you?

I got some daktarin cream & just put it on. Fingers crossed it works, it's looking a lot better anyway.

No time to really post anything but I just wanted to say I will be seeing you girls tomorrow!

Will check in properly with everyone later hopefully!

I can't remember who was asking about changing the scale on Braun thermoscan, but I found the answer on page 9 in the manual. switch it on, press the button with the circle with a dot in it/memory and keep it pressed then press and release the activation button to switch over to the "change temp scale" mode. By pressing the activation button again the fahrenheit scale is activated and by pressing it again toggles it between f and C.

HTH's!

It was Kirsty. I bet she'll be glad you figured that out for her Kerrie - that would be so frustrating!!

OMG - we have a tooth!!!! I can't really see it but I can feel it. It feels sharp! So how long until it is likely to come right up? And why can't I see it? LOL I know it's there because I can so feel it, but I really can't see anything at all. Mind you Emma's not really co-operating all that much

Ooh - how exciting!

Thank you Kerrie. I appreciate you taking the time to look that up for me. Makes it much easier to keep a handle on his high temperatures when it's reading celsius. xx

Congratulations Linda on Emma's first tooth. That's so exciting. I think it takes Gus about 3 days from when I can first feel a new tooth before becomes easily visible.

We're having a terrible time with Gus being so sick. He is improving but still in quite a bit of pain with his ear infection, temp is still sky-rocketing, loads of vomiting, and he's still struggling to breathe. It's hard looking after him 'cause both DH and I've got it as well. It's actually the first time I think I've ever truly had the flu. I think that what I had previously thought was the flu was in fact just a bad cold - this is horrid! Can't get warm enough one moment and then the next I'm so sweaty that I need to take a shower. Heads pounding, heart fluttery.... aghhhhh please send our little family your strongest get well vibes. xx
    Last edited by Kirsty EW; July 18th, 2006 at 08:12 PM.

Kirsty, I am sending all the get well vibes I can muster! I hope you all feel better soon!!!

Oh Kirsty you poor thing. I got the flu worse than I ever thought it could be this year & it really knocked me for six. Emma didn't get it though & I remember thinking how hard it would be if she had it too. I'm thinking of you & I hope you all feel better really soon.

So about 3 days? Cool! I definitely can't see it, but can feel it.

Locking this thread now, the new thread is Here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678