Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #2

Well after an unsettled day, then I went to the baby shower and left Emma with DH. He said she cried most of the time. She didnt like taking the bottle, maybe just fussier because of the thrush. She had a huge feed when I got home (I was about to explode!!) then slept from 10pm - 4.30am!!!!!! Woo Hoo!! So she must have really worn herself out!

Kristie - glad the party went well, LOL about your sister finding out he isnt always an angel!!

Nikki - glad the formula is working to help you. I think what Donella said is a good idea to try.

Cindy - glad the thrush is gone. what did you use? we have daktarin gel (she loves taking it LOL)

Kazzy - how frustrating!! I often copy my post *just in case* when i do a really long one. hope all is well.

Donella - the www looks great.

I'm off to the ILs today, just to have a bit of a break

Kazzy Guest

Hi Guys,
    just a quick one this morning.

Nikki - I am finding the same thing with Eden at the moment. After her last feed at about3pm, she is really hard to settle and won't go to sleep or keeps waking up. I was htinking that maybe it was my milk supply too. I have tried expressing to increase the supply, but I am not drinking that much watre either so maybe I need to up the H2O. She was up from 3 until 7.30 last night - not like her at all. I did feed her inbetween this but she was so overtired that it took ages to settle her - just crying!!!!!

She then slept from 7.30 to 2.30 am then fron 3.00 to 8.00. I find that when I change her nappy at the 2amish feed, she is practically dry, so perhaps this is an indication she is not getting enough milk. I am going to try a bottle of EBM this afternoon and then a top up with the bb's. Hopefully this will help. NOt concerned about the sleep thing, jsut want to make sure she is getting enough milk. I weighed her yesterday and she had put on another 180 g in a week, so that is OK.

I will post more personals tonight.

Love to you all.

Kazzy

Hi

Just with everyone's issues with babies getting enough milk - I thought our bodies just made enough for the bubs??

Someone told me though that if they have a growth spurt that it can take a couple of days for your supply to catch up and you just need to feed more regularly until then.

I'm not sure it's just what I've heard.....

Kristie, that's how it's meant to work and your meant to not top them up so they MAKE ur body produce more milk. Problem is, who wants a screaming baby when you know they are still hungry and topping them up will fix it?! It's hard to sit all day with a baby attatched to ur boobs!!

Good point.

Aaah the joys......

well the formula before bed worked really well,she went from 8.30 last night till 4am this morning so i got a really good sleep.my bbs were really full this morning which i was really happy to see as it made me realise that i am still producing,i think i just run out by the end of the day and it is true i am not drinking enough water,i will drink more i think.i am going to continue to feed her with formula before bed from now on.
    milk doesnt just become available if they need it,you do have to make sure that you are helping the supply by eating and drinking and regularily feeding other wise it will diminish.
    did heaps of shopping this morning as i didnt get to do it yesterday and she was an angel while we were out,just got my tax return and very happy,just in time for xmas.now sitting around waiting for the new couch and security screen to arrive....boring...waiting...waiting....
    nikki

Nikki - in regards to low milk supply I was told by breastfeeding centre to express 1/2 hr after feeding Jordan and this will increase supply. She also said to keep up the fluids. I too had prob with supply on the hot nights, think I was a little dehidrated.
    I have been expressing after each feed for couple days now and give Jordan bbs then EMB at night about 10.00. He still only sleeps for 4 hrs but we dont have the screaming match because he isnt full.

Went to health nurse yesterday and Jordan is weighing in at 5.3 kilo now. I am so pleased. I guess I must be feeding him enough as he is putting on good weight. It feels so great to know that you are responsible for his growth.

Feeding time ladies, duty calls once again.

thanks trac,i will try that,where do you go for your mhc appointments? also are you joining a mothers group,if so where abouts is it,im guessing it might be in carolyn springs????my children might end up going to the new school there we had a tour last week for my older son to start year 7,if he chooses to go there i will also send corey there for grade 2 and chantelle will go to kinder and school there also,it will be so much easier if they are all at the same place,its great that it goes all the way from kinder to year 12.
    nikki

Kazzy Guest

Hey Guys,
    how do I do a web page????

Took Eden to the doctors today - she wouldn't feed and kept falling asleep - had me worried. Then when i went tochange her she threw up twice. I called the doctor and explained plus the fact that her nappies had not been that wet. Doctor checked her out and said just to keep an eye on her over next 12 hours - check for wet nappies. She had a great feed at the doctors (little monkey) and went to sleep well when we got home. Hopefully it is just a little bug or something - will see how she goes.

now to catch up....

AF - haven't got it yet

BD - have a few times with no real worries.

Milk supply - like Nikki, I think I am going to have to try harder to increase my supply!!

Had heaps more stuff to say in the last post but it is all old news now!! Can't believe I lost it.

What are you guys getting you bubbas for Chrissie???

Off to have a rest now.

Eden is still having a little snooze and DS is watching Rugrats so I think I will read the paper.

Love to you and your bubbas.

Kazzy

kazzy we have decided to get chantelle a swing set.i know she is a bit small for it now but we will attach one of those little tike swings to it so she can use it sooner
    nikki

Kazzy - Hope things get better! [-o< I've got Benjamin a few things for xmas already. A glow worm that plays music and lights up when you squeeze it and a baby einstein set.

Benjamin is growing out of his clothes, left right and centre. He measured 62cms and weighed in at 6.8kgs the other day at the doctors.

Cindyb - Glad to hear the thrush cleared up.

Linda - Hope Emma's Thrush goes away soon! [-o<

How's everyones bubs going?

Melissa

A big acheivement today.......... I fit into my pre pregnancy jeans \/ \
    I AM RAPTED.
    I have been wearing my maternity pants and tracky dacks since I got our of hospital and was getting sick of wearing the same thing all the time. I am so pleased with myself.

Kazzy - I hope Eden is doing better now. It is horrible when something is wrong and you dont know what it is. If only babies could tell you what they wanted.

Nikki - I go to caroline springs for my mhc appointments. I really dont know if I will join a mothers group only because I will be back at work in feb and wont know if I will be able to. I guess it depends on the days that they meet.
    As for the schools in caroline springs, I hear that they are great. I have a friend who has his son in prep this year and they are really impressed with the school, their daughter is in the kinder here also.

In regards to milk supply, I think the expressing is certainly helping. I dont seem to have much trouble filling him up at the moment. We did have situation yesterday but have been quite good. I was told if you are going to give an alternate feed (bottle) to offer both breasts for 5 mins just to keep supply up and not skip the feed all together, that is helping also.

Melissa - SOunds like Benjamin is doing great. It is so nice to see them grow and put on weight because you know you are doing something right.

Xmas gifts- we got Jordan a fold out couch (batman), an a play centre he can sit in with all toys around him (similar to a walker but doesnt move). His grandparents have bought activity mats and walkers and god knows what else, he is going to be spoilt this xmas.

ANyways lovely ladies, hugs to the bubs

Speak again soon

tracey,woohoo!!!!!!!
    that is a great achievment,well done girl,very proud of you.

QUESTION everyone.....how soon will you be planning on ttc if any of you are having more children.i know it is a bit of a strange question considering our babies are still new born,but just curious
    nikki

Tracey - stoked about your jeans!!!

Nikki - good question!!! uummm, i dont want too much of a gap, at this stage i think maybe when emma is about 9 months we will start TTC again? ask me again in 7 months LOL

Melissa - he is growing very well isnt he?? thats great!

Kazzy - I hope Eden is feeding more for you now, must be worrying for you.

Emma's thrush seems to be clearing up really well.

We went to the beach for a picnic last night, it wasnt the most relaxing picnic ever LOL but we went for a long beachwalk with Em & it was just really nice. Then, guess what......Emma slept for

**9 hours!!!** \/

From 9.30pm - 6.30am (i'm just feeding her now). I just had to come & tell you all!! I woke up at 5am & checked on her, then couldnt sleep because I was so excited!! LOL. Anyway, I'm really pleased right now (cant you tell?)

Hope all your bubbas are doing well.....

Nikki - We are looking to start TTC again in July next year. Got to lose some weight first.

Linda - Congrats on Emma's 9 hours sleep! =D>

Tracey - Congrats on getting back into your jeans so quickly =D> I'm jealous...

Melissa

Linda - Congrats on the 9 hr sleep. I cant beleive that that would be possible at this point. Jordan is still waking every 3-4 hrs of a night time.
    I was however rapted that I got to sleep in till 9.45 this morning.
    Lets hope Emmas starts to make the longer night sleeps a routine.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the jeans, it is great to feel human again.

Nikki - I dont think we would even consider trying for a 2nd child at this point. We are still trying to settle into parenthood. It is such a lifestyle adjustment. ALthough Jamie and I said that we would let Jordan control our lives at this point we are hesitant to make plans for breakfast or lunch with people in case we are in middle of feed time or just a bad day. I guess as he gets older we will work it out better.

Speaking of plans, what is everyone doing for new years?

We are having just a couple people over for a quiet night (unless Jordan is screaming the house down). We dont really want to venture out for the night just yet. Most of our mates are away this year anyway so probably worked out well.

Melissa - I am sure you will loose the weight. I find the breastfeeding and the walks with the pram have done the trick. I havent been doing any actual exercises although I do want to work on my stomach muscles.

Linda - how did you know that Emma had thrush? Jordan has a white tounge, thought it might be milk but is getting more and more.... can a chemist tell me or should I be going to the doctors?

Hope you all have a nice weekend, melb weather is awesome today, 28 degrees, I love the hot weather. Gotta keep up fluids though so have milk for rest of day.

HUGS TO BUBS

Hi!

Well I'm officially on holidays!! Woo hoo. Just have to finalise everything for the year over the next week and I'm done.

Louis has been really good. Sleeping really well at night. Last night he slept for 6h and then 4h! He's also only taking 30min to feed and put back down in the middle of the night as well. Yeah.

He's a bit cranky through the day sometimes but as long as he sleeps well at night I don't mind!

How is everyone going with their bubbas for belly time?? Louis doesn't particularly enjoy it but I make sure I do it each play time anyway. He is starting to lift his head up quite well but he's not quite sure how to use his arms yet. Also, if I put my hands at his feet he can scoot along the ground! It looks so funny.

Kazzy - Head to babies online - thats how I got a website.
    So far Louis has a leappad thing and a kick and whirl carnival. Thats pretty much all I'm getting him - but I've asked from family for a little baby pool and some small fisher price toys.
    Hope that Eden is going along well now.

Tracey - congrats on your achievement! We will be at the PIL for New Years, so nothing too exciting this year. Although we're already starting to plan for a trip to Tassie for next christmas!
    I think a white tongue is normal I think its if it spotty??? I could be wrong...

Nikki - Wow - what a scary thought - hehe. We will probably think about it when Louis is 12 months. I actually discussed this with dh today and also what we would do if I fell p/g sooner by accident (quite a possibility with me and the mini pill - I'm very forgetful) and know that we would be thrilled to have another bubba. I would like to wait a while though just to get myself back to normal!

Linda - Glad Emmas thrush is clearing - Wow on the 9 hours - I'm very jealous. I think I might have to take Louis for some of that fresh salt air!

Hi to everyone else - I hope you've had a great weekend!

I've had a very trying weekend... DH was on day shifts (5am to 4pm) and Dylan hasn't been sleeping very well over night then typically stays awake most of the day grizzling. In the past 24 hours he has only slept 8 1/2 hours... is that enough for a 6 week old??? The problem is that I don't want dh helping me to settle him overnight when I know he has a 5am start at work.

Nikki - We will start ttc when Dylan is 2 year old. I don't want them too close together, and we are only planning on having 2 all up.

Linda - VERY jealous about the 9 hours! Maybe I'll try a beach picnic too!! Glad the thrush is clearing up too.

Kristie - congrats on being on holidays... now you can relax! (did you all pick up on the sarcasm there?!?)

Tracey - We will be having a very quiet new years - we don't usually do much anyway, usually just a nice take away meal a dvd and a bottl of bubbly. Gee aren't we party animals!

We're flying to Melbourne for Christmas though. DH will be there for 3 nights and I'll stay on with my parents for a few extra days. I stupidly forgot to book my dog in at the kennels though so we'll have to take him too. He is very used to planes as I've taken him back and forward most school holidays for nearly 5 years, but this time we'll also have Dylan, a pram and god know what else... at least we can borrow my brothers port-a-cot and their old car baby seat so we don't need them.

Nikki - I'm not available 27th after all - my mum wants me to go to visit relatives in the country that day... sorry.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast