Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #2

LOL - we osted at the same time! She has them tomorrow #-o will let you know how it goes....

Kazzy Guest

Linda That's funny!!!! Posting at same time.

I am sure all will go well tomorrow. The weight gain has made me feel more at ease about my supply. I just have to express some milk now for Thursday as my Mum is looking after Eden while DH and I take Brandan to see the Wiggles. The MCH Nurse said that there is a soy based formula that I could try, but I think I will just stick to breast feeding for now. I love feeding her myself, it is just good to know that if I get sick that I either have a supply in the freezer or she can have formula. WIll try again when she is bigger.

Kazzy - Dylan is about 60th percentile. Glad to hear Eden is doing well.

We had our day at the clinic today, and the nurse thinks Dylan has daytime reflux. I thought reflux was a 24hr thing but she said some babies only suffer from it thru the day. We are seeing a paed on Thurs so she said he might be able to suggest medication. We talked a lot about sleeping patterns and I'm feeling a lot better, although even she couldn't get him to sleep thru the day even though she tried for 2 hours!! She said he looks like he's in too much pain to settle - he'll doze off but then wake up due to being uncomfortable.

I have a follow-up next week and if I'm still not happy they will book me into Torrens House (a 4 day program) in January.

Linda - hope Emma's shots go ok. We'll have ours next week.

hi girls
    what is a percentile?
    chantelle is about 4.6 kilos and 55 cm,hang on that is the same as eden wow amazing.chantelle is a week older though so what percentile would she be???? my little baby will be 2 months old tomorrow.....

donella,i knew it i really and trully thought that dylan might have reflux,everything you said is the same as chantelle although she can settle on occasions for a little nap.please try the thickener from the chemist,it is karicare and it is near the formula.you mix a t.spoon into a little water until you get a thick substance,not too thick that it is too hard for him to swallow and use a sirynge or dropper and put it into his mouth before,during or after his feed and it will work wonders,sometimes i have forgotten or have been slack and she really does respond in a terrible way.it does work and you will know the difference.
    chantelles sleeping patterns have also changed,she used to have about an 8.oclock feed and then bed,now she is demanding her bath at about 4 o.clock and feed at 5.oclock and then bed.isnt it amazing how they are all doing the same things,it must be normal for these changes to happen at around the same age for alot of babies.
    kazzy we just got your storm,what a ripper!!!!!
    chantelle is having her immunisation tomnorrow,i am nervous for her even though i have been through this twice already.
    any way must go got to ring my granny she is very sick
    love to you and your darlings
    nikki

Nikki - I only have the percentile chart for boys so I can't help you. I'm sure you'd find it on the internet though if you do a search.

Dylan was awake and uncomfortable from 2am till 4 am this morning, then slept till 6.45. I fed him at 7 and he was happy till about 8.20 when he started grizzling so we did the settling routine and he started screaming as soon as we put him in the bassinette. DH is in there trying to calm and rock him now. I think it's going to be a LOOOONG day. I don't know if it's better to get the stuff Nikki suggested now or wait till we see the paed on Thurs???

Hi!

Donella - It's so awful when their so unsettled. I hope you can sort it out soon. Good luck!

Nikki - The percentile charts should be in the back of your blue baby health book.

Louis was born in the bottom 10 percentile and has now caught up to 50th - Mr Average - woo hoo.

Kazzy - glad the the b/f is working well for you still. I've got a small supply in the freezer for a couple of feeds just in case. I hope the poor little thing doesn't need a brace - however if it fixes any potential problems it will be worthwhile. Good luck at the dentist.

Louis is doing well although I'm waiting to get through this day as I ate indian food last night! I don't know if it had anything to do with it but he did such an explosive poo this morning that it went through his nappy, singlet, clothes and wrap! hehe. He didn't seem to bothered by it though.

Am off to fitness class again today - I'm not expecting to have lost any more weight as I've been eating heaps of chocolate etc... not good. I'm meant to be going out for dinner with friends tonight - Mexican - but I'm not sure I feel like it. Does anyone else have that - a complete lack of motivation sometimes to do anything.... I think because everything was so full on with work after Louis was born I'm slowly starting to relax and not want to do anything but be with my bubba with no pressure of anything else. We had such a good day yesterday playing and cruising along - I almost felt guilty for being so lazy!!!

Anyway - at least have to do the food shopping today as we're out of milk and most food! hehe.

kristie - i understand not wanting to do as much socially! everything takes so much more effort too with a bub! dont feel guilty for a second!!!! relax as much as you can

Donella - sorry your night was so rough. i hope today and tonight make up for it!

Well Emma's shots are in 1 1/2 hours. shes having a feed now, then hopefully a sleep. im going to give her some panadol just before we leave. oh wel....has to be done

linda,what time is her shots? chantelle is having hers at 1pm today.
    nikki

11.30 - good luck with Chantelle's BTW

Goodluck Linda and Nikki! I hope the shots go well (not too many tears or screams) [-o< Don't forget to give Emma and Chantelle, a good dose of cuddles afterwards

Nikki - You asked about the percentile thing in relation to bubs growth. I have a chart for both boys and girls. We get given it as part of their health record book here in QLD from the government. For Chantelle a weight of 4.6kgs at 2 months is about 40%tile and for her length 55cm at 2 months is about 25%tile. Benjamin on the other hand, a weight of 6.8kgs at 2 months is the 97%tile and a length of 62cms at 2 months is the 90%tile. That's what the book said, I don't know how accurate it is.

Melissa

I asked a midwife how the percentile thing works and she said they took 100 babies from a cross-section of Aust society and charted their weight, height and head circumfrence for the first 5 or so years of their life and the charts are baxed on the results. So a baby in the 97th percentile means that in the test there were 3 babies bigger than that. One of my nephews has been over 100th percentile in all 3 areas since he was born... ouch! It's quite normal to have variance in the 3 areas and sometimes one area will have a growth spurt (eg baby may grow longer faster than weight for a couple of weeks) then it tends to even out. Nikki - I'm surprised you weren't given the chart -ask for one at your health clinic as it's quite fun marking their growth on the graph!

Just a quick one from me now...we just got back from the immunisation clinic. It really wasnt that bad at all. Emma screamed, then I just held her really tight and put her dummy in & she was asleep within about 2 minutes!! she is half awake now and not at all upset (a bit drowsy). I wanted to cry when they went in - but I held it back!!! LOL

Kazzy Guest

Oh, what a brave little girl - Emma and you too Linda (lol)

Hopefully she will have a nice little rest now and not be in any pain. DId you give panadol before or after the needles??

Eden is having hers next Tuesday.

Nikki - if Chantelle is the same as Eden then she would be on the 25th percientil too I think - not unless the nurse got it wrong. I will have to check the back of the health book myslef. Funny that they are the same height and weight!! Hope Chantelles needles went OK.

Donella - check out the website I posted about earlier - it is specifically for children with reflux and colic and how it effects their sleep/feed patterns.

Mum looked after Eden when I went to the dentist today. Eden woke up, had 100 ml of EBM - took half an hour to drink it, and then went back to bed for Mum - what a good little girl. A good trial run for Thursday when we go to the Wiggles.

Off to put my feet up for five minutes while both kids are in bed.

Talk later

Kazzy
    xx

Linda - Way To Go Emma! =D> I'm happy everything went so well for you both.

Melissa

ohhh $hit,i cant get any panadol into chantelle,she just keeps spitting it out,i have tried 4 times and even tried to put her on my breast as soon as it went into her mouth,i tasted it and it is a sour cherry flavour and is awful.there is a chemist next door to the drs so i will see if they have got nurofen for babies,maybe that will taste better,she wont get to have it i hour before she has her needles though.bugger,stress.bugger!!!!!!well hopefully it will help her after she has her needles.
    linda,i am so glad emma went well what a releif.we leave in about 5 minutes
    nikki

nikki - Emma spat most of hers out too - when i got there the nurses said it isnt even really necessary because it is so much better now than it used to be!

thanks everyone! Emma is asleep now (but did have a happy awake time for about an hour). I just cant believe how easy it all was (I was stressing!! - all for nothing)

Kazzy - I gave her the panadol about 1/2 an hour before the needles. I would just suggest having a dummy or if you dont use them giving them a feed straight away. the dummy did the trick for Emma!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678