Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #6

Hi!

Melissa - Yeah I thought so too! I called around and found another swimming pool that doesn't have a waiting list! It's a bit further to drive but thats o.k. They told me though they don't let the bubbas in until they've had their 6 month immunisations so I hope its ok that Louis went in today - whoops!

Yeah on Benjamin loving his banana. The apple and mango puree Louis didn't really like either. He likes plain apple, although today he had the apple, banana and berry one. What a good boy to eat it all!!! Louis cries now if I eat in front of him and he's got no food - hehe. Greedy guts! They get used to the idea of eating very quickly!
    Louis didn't really like pear that much either.
    I cook all the veggies and buy the fruit.

We haven't tried Dylan with fruit or veges yet... he has Farex for brekky with his bottle and really likes that, but I don't think he needs any more than that at the moment. He's still gaining weight at the recomended rate so he's obviously getting enough.

Yeah on Louis and Jordan sleeping so well for you Kristie and Tracey! I hope they keep it up.

Nikki - I'm glad your suspisions were confirmed and Chantelle is ok. I too desparately need a brow wax but dh is painting the house so I feel guilty leaving Dylan here with him while I go out. My mum is arriving tonight for a few days though so I might get there over the weekend...

Dylan had his shots this morning and I think he's already forgotten about them. I just rubbed his leg on the mark and he didn't even blink. He did cry for about 30 secs when they did it, but luckily he's easily distracted by bright toys!

Better go clean the kitchen before mum's plane arrives!!

/melissa, I'm flying down to melbourne on april fools day of all days and DP will follow later on.

I can't believe you are all feeding them solids. We did and my health nurse went through me saying she doesnt need it at all at the moment etc and the boob is fine and more than enough etc etc. Saying not to mess with it untill 6 mionths.
    When we gave her the farex though she loved it, she was like a crocodile when the spoon came towards her! It was very cute indeed. Maybe I should give it another go?
    When we had given it to her for a few nights though she got rather blocked up and didn;t have a crap for 4 days, she usually goes 3 times a day! She wasnt uncomfy though, just no crapping!

I think perhaps I will wait untill I get to melbourne and give it a go again.
    We were meant to have Victorias shots done again yesturday but they wouldnt do them coz of her cold! She is heaps better today which is great though.

I left her with DP today and went and had an 1.5 hour massage and an hour facial. TAlk about pampering! That was my valentines present, ver y nice indeed.
    Gotta go, the princess calls

Wow Cindy - What a great Valentines day pressie!!! I'm very jealous.

All the MCHN will say not to give it until 6 months now. I don't know. Louis has never even spat a mouthful out and has been able to swallow for ages so I think he was ready. I mean it was 4 months for sooo long and now they've just changed it. I was fed at 10 weeks and I have no allergies/eczema/asthma/obesity etc. I think it's just worse for those susceptible to those things maybe.....Just do what you think is best for bubba. If she's content without it then maybe just wait...

Donella - thats great that Dylan coped so well with his needles! Have fun with your mum!

Melissa - Good to see that Benjamin is liking his solids.

Krisvee - You are very good making your own baby food. It's funny that Louis wants to share food now. They are growing up so fast!

Dee73 - I think Farex is a good way to start. We starting Jordan on farex this morning. He didnt dislike it, however I dont think he quite knew what to do with it.

Cindy - Yeah on the pampering, what an excellent valentines present. That will make you feel 100%

Well It looked like it was going to storm here but then nothing happened. Got the washing in which was the main thing though.
    Having a quiet one today. Jordan is still asleep. He has his 1st taste of Farex for breaky and then EBM at 9am. He has been asleep since 11am which is good (now nearly 2pm).

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend.

Kristie- I was on solids from 6 weeks coz mum dried up unfortunately but like you, I too have no allergies etc. I think perhaps its like anything though with babies, you have to do what you think is right.
    I'm thinking that I will go for it once i am in melbourne coz I will then be freed up a bit more to work etc, she will be nearly 6 months by then anyway!

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Wow it's quiet in here... Hope everyone had a great weekend. We left Fergus with a paid sitter for the first time on Saturday so we could go to a dinner party at Ian's boss's house. It all went really well. We found the sitter through a nanny/mothercraft agency. Was so nice being out on our own knowing Gussy was in good hands and not feeling guilty that mum or one of our friends had to stay home so we could go out. We'll definitely use the agency again.

Cindy - your DP sounds like a sweetheart! What a perfect present!

Kristie - I had always wondered why swimming lessons generally don't start before 6 months. Thanks for letting us know that it's to tie in with their 6 month immunisations. Makes sense I guess.
    So cute thinking of Louis crying when you eat without sharing. He's a very clever little man!

Nikki - Don't have any pics I can show you at the moment. Will have to get myself organised and get some pics back onto the computer. The hard drive on the laptop has crashed three times since 1 January and has been re-imaged each time. The re-imaging process clears the computer of all my personal stuff (rather than work stuff) and so I lose the photo software and actual pictures each time. It's driving me crazy! So at the moment I don't have any software or pictures on the computer, but I will try to get onto it asap. I will have to try to get really organised and actually make a website for Gussy. It's looooong overdue!

Kirsty, sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Two close together is very hard work, but also very rewarding. The first six to eight weeks feels like it will never end as the new baby adjusts to life in the world and the older sibling adjusts to no longer being the sole object of mums affections. But it's soooo cute now. Kat gives Jess BIIIIG kisses and cuddles and calls her doll "Jess jess" (We think she thinks jess means baby). She runs to get me if jess cries.....she pokes jess in the eyes and mouth and up the nose, she trips over and lands on jess and yet jess hardly cries and looks at Kat as if the moon shines out of her...... It's cute. I am glad now that I had them when I did. The morning sickness and looking after a young baby is hard. Don't know HOW I did that!!, but you manage. You get to know what tired really is when you've been up ALL night with the new baby screaming and then have to sit up all day and play and look after the older one.. But it really is the best and most rewarding expirience. Watching them grow to love each other and teaching them what it is to love and share and play together...... PRICELESS (maybe I should do one of those credit card adds??).

Everyone else, sorry no personals atm......been soooo flat out. Dh went o/s on last min business trip, wasn't getting notification that there were new msgs, had DH's parents stay with me while DH was o/s and am looking for our first home. We are looking to buy for the first time within the next year so been spending nearly every spare minute reading thru adds and looking at houses. It feels useless as we NEED 4brs, 2bths, 2g and 2 family/lounge/rumpus rooms. We need backyard for kids, big rooms and yet our budget is 350k MAX. All the 4brs in that bracket are of course smaller rooms and DH is sooo set on big rooms to fit our stuff (he has soooo many books and DVDs and sooo much furniture and kitchen appliances etc)... The brick wall isn't budging and I have a headache from hitting it so often....
    Also, are going on holliday in 3-4wks to perth so can't settle or anything till after that. Oh and we were just advised that they want to increase our rent here (even tho no improvements made and we are paying more than market value for similar houses). But moving costs so much more and we want to get our own place within 6mths so.... see?? Going in circles...

Cindy - I give Benjamin a tablespoon of banana every 2 - 3 days. It goes through him really well the following day. DH has a habit of eating all the bananas before I get to them. Poor Benjamin misses out, but he's still very happy with the bf anyway. It really doesn't hurt to give them a taste of things at this age.

Hi to everyone else!

Melissa

Hi Ladies

Well we had had a horrible couple of days with Jordan. He is now screaming when we try to put him to sleep whereas he used to self settle. We are having to rock him to sleep in our arms or I will feed him to sleep.
    This has been going on since Friday????? Is this a stage, Jordan has just turned 4 months today?
    I hope he grows out of this as he was getting so good at going to sleep and now it has all gone belly up.

Nicole - I havent heard about the playgroup so dont know what to do. I will ring the lady today and see if we are able to go tomorrow and I will let you know. Hope Chantelle and the boys are well.

Melissa - You will need to label the bananas with Benjamins name on them It is great to see that he is enjoying his solids.

Katkins - good luck with the house hunting. I can only imagine you would have your hands full with 2 little ones but you seem to be handling it, you are a wonder women.

Kristy- Good to hear Gus is doing so well. Good to see that you had a good night out and felt confortable leaving him with your carer. It's nice to have some couple time now and then.

Well I have to start getting ready for work I so cant be bothered.

Have a nice day everyone

Kell Guest

Hello all!

Busy, busy, busy.... Molly started preschool two afternoons a week, and we ahd her bday party on the weekend which was great. SHe had so much fun. we had the in-lawsa here for that which went ok, at least MIL and I didnt have any arguments this time Molly just loves school, and I love the peace and quiet for 2 hours LOL. It's also nice to have time with just Will, you dont seem to get as much *alone time* with the second... Will is doing great, still not rolling but he can sit alone for about 30 seconds, he is pushing off using his legs while on his belly and he will roll onto his side just not all the way over. He is really interested in food ATM, he watches us eat and cries when he doesnt get any so I might start him on solids soon. Having him weighed etc next week so that will be interesting to know, he is in size 0 ATM, and some 1's.

Tracey - I had the same prob with Will a few weeks ago, it passes at least it did with Will. It's so frustrating when things like this happen isnt it?

Kirsty - Happy to hear the night out went well, it's so good to find a sitter you can trust so you can have a comfortable night out. I feel the same about using family ALL the time, it's gets a bit much some times.

Have a good Tuesday everyone...

HI EVERYONE,tracey i hope this is just a stage and that jordan settles down soon for you,will wait to hear from you re the play group.
    kell glad you and MIL were able to get along ok,glad mollies party went well,will is a big boy,yay on him being able to sit up how clever of him.
    kazzy if you are out there i hope everything is going ok for you,we havnt heard from you in a while,i wanted to organise a time to catch up with you at werribee soon.
    kirsty what a good idea about getting a carer,we dont have family to ask so that may be an option for us also.
    melissa,how is daddy going with benjamin,more confident with him now that he is not soo small and new?
    chantelle is good no probs with her at the moment,oh yeah she rolled from back to front the other day for the first time,hasnt done it agian since but i was very proud of her.
    she is calling so will pop in later to let you in on some news we have
    nikki

Nikki - Dh has just changed jobs. It's a little more physical than the last one so he's feeling it when he has to pick up Benjamin. He's not worried he's going to break him anymore, since he's getting so big now. Benjamin is now 9kgs! We've just had to go buy some new clothes for him because he's grown taller. Got to go get him measured yet. He's a very solid boy.

Melissa

Nicole - \/ Yeah on Chantelle rolling, what a clever little girl she is.
    I am yet to hear from the playgroup lady so maybe this week will have to give it a miss, I dont want to turn up without signing up.

Melissa - Benjamin is a big boy, similar to Jordan. It is hard to picture them as babies now that they are quite big. Jordan was 8.8 kilo at his 3 month checkup. We have hs 4 month check up this friday, that will be interesting.

Well, I somehow hurt my knee at work today, I think walking up the stairs. It hurts to move it which is a pain as cant really do anything.
    Hopefully it will fix itself over night.

All Saints is back on tonight, one of my FAV shows \/ better get ready for it, only 1/2 hr to go.

:sleeping: Night ladies

Tracey - I hope it's just a phase! Emma became very unsettled right about the 4 month mark for no real reason too, but she's fine again now.

Nikki - yay on Chantelle rolling!!! \/ Emma still hasnt rolled, but is very close.

Well we tried Emma on Farex this week. I really felt that she was ready & she stopped sleeping through. I had tried giving her cool boiled water on a spoon & she swallowed it no probs. So I gave her the Farex & she liked it! And I dont know if it was a coincidence, but she has been sleeping through again! Maybe she just needed that little bit more?

We went camping on the weekend & it went really well. Now were off to Sydney for the weekend & I just dont feel like it....I just want to stay home

Hi!

Well Louis is back to being unsettled - I'm really thinking it may have something to do with teething as he's constantly grizzling and putting his hand/my hand/anything in his mouth and tugging on his ears also. It seems early though...I've got a MCHN app next week so I'll see.
    I posted in the gentle parenting as I copped "that I was bad parenting" as I rock Louis to sleep at night and I should let him cry for a few days so he'll get over it. I was so upset that this family day carer said this to me. Anyway...
    Otherwise he is being quite good - we've been having lots of fun together anyway!

Tracey - Yeah on trying Jordan on Farex! It takes them a while to get used too. Talk about rain on Sat!!! We had heaps here. I had my Mum come over so I could do the food shopping (dh was away for the w/e) so I had to go out in - i got drenched! hehe.
    Sounds about right for 4 months - There's something about this age anyway - hehe. I hope he's settling down for you.
    Sorry to hear about your knee - hope it gets better soon.

Cindy - Thats a good idea to wait until you get down here. At least you'll be settled and can take the time then...

Kirsty - Good for you that you had a night out! That must have been so nice for you!

Kell - Sounds like the kids are doing great!!!

Nikki - Yeah on Chantelle Rolling - clever girl!

Kerrie - You're doing an amazing job with the two girls! I can't even imagine how hard that has been for you! Good luck with the house hunting. Yeah on the holiday - that will be great for you guys!

Melissa - Poor Benjamin missing out on his bananas - hehe. That's great that he likes them though.

Linda - I'm glad the Farex has helped Emma sleep through again! Wow at camping - we're going at easter. How was it with Emma?? I suppose it's a lot easier as we're still bf - at least if they need a feed through the night it's not difficult! I know the feeling when sometimes you just want to stay at home.

Kristie - that makes me so mad that someone would say you are practising bad parenting if you rock your baby to sleep. What a load of rubbish :fuming: If you & Louis are both happy, then what better way to settle him for the night? I rock/cuddle Em to sleep every night & I'm happy to do it & if anyone tries to make me feel bad for it - look out!!! LOL. Mind you, each to their own, but just do what works for you.

As for the camping, it really went quite smoothly. You're right, being bf makes it very easy. The hardest part was watching the sun so she didnt get burnt/overheated. But we camped under some trees, so it was OK. She only woke once for a feed, but then was wide awake at 6am & she normally sleeps until 9am. I was tired!!! :sleeping: She must have been excited LOL.Good on you for going at Easter - Louis will love it!!

Linda - Love the piccy of Emma on your ticker. She's very cute! If I could only get Benjamin to smile at the camera...

Kristie - You ask advice and stuff and you get that as a reply...not fair at all!

Hugs to all!

Melissa

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast