Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I havent posted much - we are just busy busy busy. We went to Sydney on the weekend (4 hour + drive) & we are going again this weekend :shock: So I am going a bit mad ATM trying to get all my work done & get the house organised in between.

Emma rolled over today!!! \/ From back to front, 2 times. I thought most babies rolled from front to back first? She is doing really well & is still very happy.

Sorry for no personals. I have been reading what you are all up to though & love to hear all about your bubbas - I just feel bad when I dont do personals for everyone so tonight I wont do any! Hope all the bubbas have a good night tonight!!

linda,chantelle has only rolled from back to front also,she started last week and is doing it all the time now,wow on sydeny,you guys are adenturous,how did emme cope with the drive,we are going away at easter for the long weekend,we are staying in a cabin,should be good.
    congrats on your 2nd anniversary tracey.LOL at dh getting lucky,its a bit like that now isnt it,its hard to find the energy at the end of the day now with a baby.my friend is all for the mothers grooup and is very excited about it,i think we should go on outings aswell
    i.e mums and bubs movies,indoor play centers,baby gym,swimming lots of things,can we start after the school holidays but as it will be a bit tricky with the boys in tow........check with your friends and we can majke the first one at my house on wednesday the 29th of march,let me know what you guys all think.
    well all else is well,take care and i really do hope all your little darlings let you sleep tonight.
    nikki

Kellee Guest

Hey ladies.

Mel – sorry to hear about your having to take the cat back. Poor Eliana will miss him. Glad you enjoyed your scrapbooking, although it’s funny that you had to take the nappy bag! These days I have dispensed with both the nappy bag and my handbag – I usually just throw everything in a billum (sp?) which is a big knitted heavy duty thing that my MIL brought me back from New Guinea. She’s in India atm so hopefully she brings me back something equally as fabulous!

Mooshie – don’t worry about the lack of personals… you just worry about yourself atm. I don’t really know what to say to help, but just know that we’re all thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs and love. I’m sure Lani will be fine too, although I know it sucks when they have accidents and you feel guilty. Hope her tonsillitis clears up quickly. Don’t feel bad – our bubs can’t tell us what’s going on and we can’t expect to be mind readers. It’s good that you got her checked out. Charlie tends to get illnesses when he’s teething too – it’s like his immune system crashes for a couple of days. Hope you have a better week this week.

Mitch – LOL about Aaron. Men are so bad when they’re sick, aren’t they? Hope he’s feeling better so you can get some sleep! Bugger the car too. We need to take ours in for a long overdue service, but, like the dentist, I’ve been putting it off because I’m scared how bad it’s going to be! Next week is the week though.

Hello to everyone else.

Well, I shouldn’t stay for too long and I should also limit the amount of forums I visit today because I’m supposed to be studying again. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. I got my results from my psychology subject back and I got a 5 – I would have preferred a 6, but I’m still pretty happy because I had bad morning sickness and a toddler to look after while I was doing that one. A pass in this subject is just fine with me, and then I’m FINISHED! Wow – I’ve been studying almost continually since high school so it will feel very strange to have no study to do. Must get through this subject first though.

Went and bough a new fridge/freezer on Saturday. I was very proud of myself because I did all the negotiating! The sales guy was trying to pressure me into buying from him and I didn’t cave. I was quite businesslike actually, and I ended up getting a much better deal from somewhere else. It’s nice not to have to go downstairs to go to the freezer too. We had it delivered yesterday, although I was really annoyed with the delivery guys who couldn’t get it up the stairs and didn’t give me any notice that they were coming (like I asked them too). Luckily DH had taken the day off work because I wasn’t well and so he was home to sort it all out. It took about 4 hours to fix everything up but it’s done now and it’s RAD. Sad that I get so excited about whitegoods, isn’t it?!

Anyway, must go and study now. Hope you’re all well and having a lovely week.

Well, finally we made it for Toris shots today and she seems fine, just sleeping it off. It was so funny though, she recognises the doctor and as soon as we got in the room she looked and him and started bawling. I turned her to face the wall so she couldnt see him and she would calm down but then she would turn around to have another look and start screaming again. She went on like this for about 15 mins! She didnt even flinch with the actual needles but then as we were leaving she remembered him again and it started up again. They are funny little people arent they!

I asked the doctor about solids etc and he says I should have had her on them ages ago coz of how active she is (been sitting and rolling front to back/ back to front since 3.5 months) and probablt needs more than what i can give her at this stage.
    She snaks all afternoon most nights till she goes to bed (every 45mins from 5-9pm) so he has suggested I give her a bottle of formula at about 3 and then at tea time give her some farax or fruit etc. I will see how she goes tonight with it all. hopefully it will help her settle and sleep better at night.

I'm not working much anymore so I atleast feel like i have the time to spend doing the solids etc. Missing the dollars though.
    Looks like I have already got myself some work when we move to melbourne which is fantastic (one less thing to think about).

sorry no personals, gotta go, she has just woken

Hey Kellee- I don't blame you about getting excited about the fridge/freezer, I have planned to get a new fridge/freezer in May after I have pd the couch off. I am so exicted about it I have already started looking. Good luck with the studying, hope you do well, IKWYM about not studying. It was quite strange for me too when I finished uni to not be studying and now that Arron is at TAFE he is asking me to helpo him with his essay. I am putting it off I can tell you.

Arron is sooo sick, he has the flu and is on meds. I hope he is better son cos I am feeling quite stressed with the [pressure of the whole household on myback.

Hope everybody is doing ok.

I took Jess to MCHN and would you believe she didn't quite make 10kg still, 9.89kgs, 78.5cms tall. She grew 3.5cms in 3 mths and put on 750gms. I think she is just so actiuve she can't put weight on LOL She def is a goer, no wonder I am tired. And very exciting here too cos Jess did a wee wee on the toilet, she was very excited.

Anyway hope you are all having a great week
    Michelle

michelle - woohoo & jess & the loo!!! eliana comes to me & points to her bum or pats the back of her nappy when she has done a poo - just need her to tell before that - bummer that arron is sick, no doubt he isn't a great patient - also woohoo on jess almost making 10kgs

kellee - your bag sounds great & hopefully you get something cool from india - woohoo on your results - you are amazing to manage to fit that in! you did well with your fridge buying - funny we get excited about everyday products

michelle - poor little lani - i too would have thought it was teething - hope she is back to her happy self soon - also hope you are doing better

dach - hope all is well with yasin & he is getting ready to be a big brother - good luck with everything in case you go early

it is still raining here - i've had enough of the wet & that damp smell - mum watched eliana for awhile today so i got a chance to go to the shops without my nappy bag! we are going to brisbane tomorrow to catch up with my mum's group then have dinner with eliana's dad's family for his mum's birthday - was hoping to catch up with another friend but her little girl has chicken pox so will head back to the coast after a stop at spotlight to get some more supplies (the local spotlight burnt down)

hope everyone is having a good week

Hey Mel- bugger at the Spotlight fire, have a nice trip to Bris. Hope the rain stops too. LOL at the telling after the fact, at least shew doesn't take her nappy off instead, Jemma was really bad at doing that.

cheers michelle

Hey guys, sorry for butting in on your thread couldn't help myself when I saw Mitch4now in here - OMG Michelle can't believe Jess went to the toilet!!!!!!!!!!! That's fantastic, Shynelle wants to use the toilet and knows all about it but has backed off on the toilet training - bummer cause I really would like her to be t/trained before no. 2 comes so I've got 4 1/2 months to go!!

Sorry to hear Aaron is unwell my work rang him to get the carpets done again and they told me he was sick - I thought straight away "oh poor Michelle" lol!

Catch up soon
    xxdd

Kell Guest

Hi
    Well we have started solids...sort of The nurse suggested we try some rice cereal as Will had started waking at around 3 for food - v. tiring! so we tried some farex on monday which he wasn't too keen on. He rolled it around his mouth b4 spitting it out and heaving. The next night we tried apple and farex, which he seemed more interested in but still heaved. Today he actually ate a whole teaspoon of apple, he spat little bits out but he didnt heave which was good. Hopefully once he gets the hang of swallowing he will start sleeping thru again. His cold is almost gone, thankfully and otherwise is doing well.

Cindy - thats great you have some work lined up for the move, it makes it hard when you lose those extra dollars.

Tracey - congrats on the anniversary. Re the night feed, Jordan will stop when he's ready, as tiring as it is for you Will has been waking again at around 3 or 4, and as much as i try to get him back to sleep he just wants food.

Cindy - wow on recognising the dr!!! Thats pretty amazing!

Kell - Emma doesnt like plain rice cereal too much either, but loves pumkin.

Nikki - Emma goes pretty well on the long trips, but I generally sit in the back seat with her & play with her & talk to her while she's awake, that really helps.

Emma has a clinic visit tomorrow so we get to see how much weight she's put on \/

Hi!

It's a beautiful day in Melbourne today! I better get some washing done. Louis has been in creche twice this week while I do a workout at the gym. So far so good although he has already wrapped the lady around his little finger and I find that she's holding him most of the time because he gets grizzly - hehe. He so knows how to play people!

Linda - Wow on the big drives. We're heading down to Port Fairy in a couple of weeks and thats about a 4 hour drive I think. I suppose we'll just have to take out time and have a few breaks.
    Louis has also only rolled from back to front!
    Louis loves pumpkin! and he sweet potato and broccoli hehe. I'm going to give him some carrot this week as well. I went to buy zucchini but it looked horrible.

Cindy - Glad Tori was ok with her immunisations. Maybe you'll have to try a new dr - hehe.
    I would go crazy feeding every 45min - especially that time of night. I hope the solids help! I know Louis can easily go 4 hours between feeds when he has solids and milk but now only about 3 hours with just milk so it's obviously just not enough for him.

Kell - Yeah on the solids! I'm sure he will get the hang of it soon. Louis is still waking all the time in the night although last night I only fed him one side at 11.30pm and then 1 side at around 5am so hopefully if I give him a proper feed tonight he will sleep through. I won't hold my breath though.

Tracey - Sorry I missed your post the other night! Happy Anniversary. Sounds like Jordan and Louis like their food a little too much! hehe. I'll be happy when he eventually sleeps though!!

Have a nice day!

Mitch, that is fantastic about Jess using the loo, you must have both been pretty excited! Hope Arron is on the mend, you poor thing!

Mel, hope you have a good time in Brissy today. I'm so over the rain too, makes it hard to get out & about, although I was loving the cooler weather we had over the weekend!

Kellee, well done with your uni result, that is fantastic, especially considering all you were dealing with at the time! Woohoo for the new fridge, I would be excited too! I got a slow cooker this week and you should see how thrilled I am about that little purchase...I am convinced it's going to change my life... how sad is that?

Mooshie, I hope Lani is getting better, poor little thing, and that you are having a better week!

Well, Kaleb has had a rotten cold the last few days. Started Thursday night, he was waking up every hour and I was getting really peeved, until halfway through the night when I could hear him snuffling, then I felt awful. He hasn't had a cold since he was 6 mths, so we've been very lucky. Only thing is, he runs a mile every time he sees me with a tissue in my hand! DH and I have copped a mild version of it, except it's impossible for any illness to be mild with DH, he bought up the entire pharmacy, and I can't take a damn thing for it!

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the anniversary wishes, we had a good night.

Nicole - 29th March sounds good. I will let my friends know and I am all for going on outings as well as meet ups at our houses. A little variety will be nice.
    Its great Chantelle is getting the hang of rolling. She is such a cutie

Krisvee - I think Jordan and Louis do love their food too much. As long as he sticks to 1 wake up a night I can handle that. Last night was 4.45am which wasnt too bad.

Kell - good luck with starting solids, we tried it a week ago and it made Jordan miserable. we havent tried again. I think I will wait till he is a little older.

I went to visit my friend who had a baby on the weekend. She was 35weeks, so 5 weeks prem and she is 5 pounds, she is in 00000's. She was the tiniest baby I have ever seen. I was so pleased that she was doing well though. Jordan just looked like a budda next to her

Hope you have a nice night.

House is on tonight...love that show and the last episode of Australias next top model.

Hi everyone,

Sorry it has been a little while since I last posted.

Aidan had gastro over the weekend. During the night on Sat I woke up to him coughing a little but he went straight back to sleep. I had a lovely surprise of vomit in his cot when he woke up on Sunday morning. He then pooed atleast 10times on Sunday. Lucky DH was around to help me change nappy after nappy. He didnt eat much at all and finally started eating and being 'himself' again Tuesday morning. My poor little chicken...

Have taken on 2 more permanant shifts at work so that is also keeping me busy. Getting cluckier and cluckier for #2 everyday! The first girl in mothers group has become pregnant with #2 and I was so happy for her but had a twinge of jealousy which was very strange! I cant wait to see her pg!

Jo, hope Kaleb has gotten through his cold. Isn't it annoying being sick when pg but not being able to do anything about it!

mel, hope you had a great time at the shops, nappyfree!

mitch, hope Arron is feeling better.

Kellee, congrats on the uni mark, you should be so proud of yourself for doing so much, superwoman!

Michelle, thinking of you always. Also hope Lani is feeling a little better. By the way you are an awesome Mum and dont ever let me hear you say otherwise again!

Almost time for Prison Break...!

Well we've finally moved, so glad to be back 'home'!

We had to stay at a hotel on Monday night and when we asked for a cot they brought in this really old wodden thing that looked 20-30 years old. No way was i putting her in that. So i made the choice for her to sleep on the other bed that was there. She has a sleep wrap(the one that goes around the mattress and also baby) and she had her nap there and also slept there all night! I hope this is a good thing for when i move her perminatly into a bed before #2 arrives. Would moving her into a bed at about 18-19mths be too soon or would it be fine since she was fine the other night?

Lily still has cradle cap from since she was born and it's getting worse. When i peel it off her hair comes with it. So went to the chemist and they gave me 'Egozite' I'm not sure whether i should use it or not because its a type of acid and the directions say to put it on twice daily and not to wash it off for 3-5 days! What do you all think?

I bought some really cute sandles and some little boots for Lily today and she is walking well in them. She is beginning to get a bit faster at walking, so no doubt it won't be long until she is running!

Jo - I hope Kaleb gets better soon, poor thing. Wow you are 25 weeks now, that has gone fast!

Michelle - Wow at Jess not being 10kgs yet! Lily is only 10.5kgs at 15 months but is about 84cms tall!

Tegan- grea news on you being moved, better change your location inthe side bar! Yuck at that cot. About the bed, Jemma went into her bed bf she was 2, and we put the safety rail on, the only prob was that then she could get out of bed and we had to keep putting her back all the time, which was really painful. LOL at Lily being a little bigger than Jess, I just keep watching these babies overtake her , I guess she def got the short genes.LOL

dd- thanks for popping in, I am glad to see you are stalking me and that means it's ok for me to stalk you LOL. Arron said your work had rang. He has been in bed since sunday, today was the first day he actually didn't send the entire day in bed. He is doing pest control course and has an essay to write by tomorrow and of course just started today (he has known about it for 5 wks) So he is still studying the same as he did in high school LOL He has so far worked for about 8 hrs and is stuffed LOL It would be nice if the toilet wasn't a one off, I am not pushing her, Jemma was really interested at about 19mths and day trained herself over the next 3 mths, I am not in a hurry cos no babies coming after LOL Friends of the family have just announced they are 12 wks pg with their 5th child, an accident or should I say surprise. Not happeniong in this house though. Hope you are going well, will check up on you soon LOL

Jo- hope Kaleb is better soon. I lol at the slow cooker, I brought one last yr and was really excited, used it twice and now its in the cupboard. I must pull it ot in winter, want to get my moneys worth.

Jess- yay at the extra shifts, how is Aidan going in the childcare? Yuck at the gastro, Jess had gastro last yr for 5 days she ate nothing and lost heaps of weight too, so glad it was pver quickly.

Hello to everybody else

Car is fixed $1300 later, felt sick writing the cheque.....!!!! But it is running well thank goodness. If it stuffs up in the next few weeks Ican tell you I won't be paying for them to fix it up. Kinder for Jem tomorrow and I am expecting a call from the TLC lady so I can set the wheels in motion to become a consultant. I am very excited, although not quite sure where I will get the time atm.

Cheers michelle

Kell - We've been given the green light on the solids too. We were told monday at the Children's Health clinic to give Benjamin one feed a day of Banana and rice cereal and the rest b/f's for one week then the next week do 2 solid feeds a day, then the following week three solid feeds a day. It get's his stomach conditioned for the whole eating thing. We were told not to try all different things at once, just in case Benjamin ends up allergic to something. It's easier to pin point the allergy that way. I was also told that they reccommend to keep doing the solid feeds and b/f up until 12 months.

Cindy - We have 2 different doctors. A lovely female doc that Benjamin sees and I see for the womanly stuff and I have a male doc, who I see for other stuff. Benjamin doesn't like the male doc and does the same thing Tori does, so we end up seeing my female doc more so now.

Has anyone else noticed that their bubs are a good pick for character? Benjamin can already pick up instantly if a person isn't nice or something isn't right about a person.

Melissa

Hi all

Grace is sound asleep after her swimming lesson and Harry is parked in front of the tv lol so here I am.

Tegan - glad the move went well, Lily is a clever girl for sleeping in the big bed, there's no way Grace would do that! She would just muck around. Not sure about the cradle cap stuff, but if the pharmacist said its ok for kids...

Michelle - geez I would hate forking out that much to fix our car too. We got a service and a radiator flush last week for our car and it cost $500! But it is running smoother now. What is TLC? Sorry if I missed a previous post...

Jess - I think its normal for us to get clucky once our babies reach a certain age, especially if mothers around us are getting pg too! I go from being really clucky and just wanting to be pg one minute to not caring at all! I think it must coincide with when the kids are being angels or monsters! Poor Aidan with his gastro, I know how awful it can be - Harry had it when he was the same age and was vomiting and pooing constantly for 3 days and even with his nappy on it was still leaking out. He also vomited in the car which was not nice! Glad he is all better.

Hi to everyone else, gotta go Harry wants food

Bon

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast