Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #7

Default Babies Born July - December 2004 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July to December 2004

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Christy [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    nellbe - [email protected]
    *Shannon* - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July - December 2004

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 12th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Having sleeping problems, but am on the way to fixing them. Crawling, sitting up on his own, hates solids (so far!) but will keep persevering!

Forum Name: Melinda
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 18 August 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Laurance
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born via emergency caesarean. 8lb 6oz, 51cm long, H/C 35cm

Forum Name: Rose
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 27th August, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Amelia Jane
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/roseamelia
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Struggles to eat fruit. Gets constipated easily.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Induced labor.6hrs.

Forum Name: mitch4now - michelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 2nd Sept 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Brodie Jayde
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jessica4th
    Health Concerns: noticed slight turning of eye, was seen by RCH and they were happy all is fine, will go back early 2006 for check up.
    Notes: Jessica was born 2 days early, totally natural and drug free labour. Is very advanced with walking etc, just wants to upset her mother LOL
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Pietta
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 8th September, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl: Little Boy
    Baby Name(s): Ryley Morgan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bubbs/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) None so far thank goodness!!
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc) 2 weeks late almost- emergency c-section after 21 hours of labour without pain relief- but he was worth it!!

Forum Name: Mooshie
    Baby's DOB: 15th September 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lani
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/misslani
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) nil
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 10 days late, gel induced labour, quick labour and no drugs. 8lb 9oz, 50.5cms length and 35cm head

Forum Name: bon_w
    Baby's DOB: 24/10/2004
    Baby Name(s): Grace Clare
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bubba2
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) small fontanelle
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 1 week late, membranes ruptured spontaneously, labour sped up with syntocinon, no drugs, post partum hemorrage

Forum Name: Dachlostar
    State: New South Wales
    Baby's DOB: 25th October, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Yasin Ramadan
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/y/yasin/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) milk/hormone rash
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Forum Name: kmh
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 4/11/04
    Baby's Stats:Weight - 8pounds 4ounces
    Gender of Baby: girl
    Baby Name(s): madison grace
    Baby's Website: none
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: (induced with an c-section to follow, madison was in scn for 48 hours due to temp, mummy was sick as well

Forum Name: melbee70
    State: QLd
    [b]Baby's DOB: 11th November, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Eliana Annestacia
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: colic?
    Notes: induced on due date because of size (arrived next day after emergency c-section) weighed 11lb 4oz - happily adjusting to motherhood
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kt250
    Baby's DOB: 09/12/2004
    Baby Names: Stacey Elizabeth
    Baby's Website: None
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 41 weeks, 59 hour labour with C/S at end 8lb neat.

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 7oz, 50cms long, head 35cms
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen
    Notes: 1 week overdue, induced due to pre-eclampsia, 5 hour labour, vacuum extraction used due to Shoulder Dystocia.

Forum Name: *Jo*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John
    Notes: Posterior, c/s

Forum Name: Colleen
    Baby's DOB: 15 / 12 / 04
    Baby Name(s): Jaykob
    Baby's Website: in my signature
    Health Concerns: None to date
    Notes: 10 days early, 9lb8oz, c-sec

Forum Name: jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 9oz, 52.5cms long, head 35.5cms
    Health Concerns: None so far
    Notes: 10 days overdue, induced

Catch up with your old thread found HERE

Love

Wow we really have been waffling LOL

Kellee- playgrp sounds like a good idea for you and Charlie. Must admit I took Jordan half a dozen times when she was little and just felt out of the loop, partly bc the mum's all seemed to know ea other really well, and partly bc I was young and they were all around 30, so I ddin't quite fit. If there had of been one for young mums it would have been better. Hope you are ok and that pain doesn't come again.

Have had a flat out day, dropped kids at school, Jem at kinder and went to my gf's, got to hug the new bubby, he is soooo gorgeous. AHH! Makes one clucky, but not quite clucky enough!! Then picked Jem up and raced home to grab money and birth certificates, so I could open the girls bank accounts and wouldn't you know it, the power is out and the bank was closed. Dropped up mum's then back to the bank, accounts done and she insisted on giving me insurance quotes as well, even though the kids were running around the bank like lunatics. Funny too cos the bank manager said that he would watch them....I ended up standing at the door of the office with one eye on the kids and answering the ladies questions LOL. Then to the supermarket, up the school to pick up the kids and home. Arron left for school at about 4pm and isn't home yet. Should be here bt 10.30 and 11pm and turns out has to go every Thursday night. But witrh a HC card cost is a 3rd of the price, so that's a bonus.

I hope you are all well
    CU Michelle

mooshie Guest

phew michelle - i am exhausted at reading about your day today lol.

playgroup is something i am seriously looking into for lani. our original p/group started from our first mums group with our firstborns (so that is going on 8yrs this year) and we all had 2nds and 3rds around the same time as well - we still meet every friday (with our without kids lol) and go away every year (girls only) and go out for dinner regulary, scrap alot and are just really good friends. i am a little nervous of going into an already established playgroup but it would be good for lani to know kiddies her own age instead of 3 yrs to 8yrs lol. i know for jay that having 2 kiddies he has known since birth and going to the same kinder and are in the same class at school has i believe made his transition to school alot easier - so want to do the same for miss lani, problem is finding a suitable time and a suitable group with bubs her own age - must do it soon lol.

well lani has discovered tantrums yes omg she is a drama queen, eg tonight she is taking her dollies for a walk in her pram around the house, well being a little tired and emotional (just before bath time) she crashed the pram into the wall and her babies fell out - omg she screamed, threw the pram and just layed face down on the floor crying - jay was amazed he ****ed himself laughing which of course made it worse, i continued to watch the news oblivious to it all lol, finally calmed her down with showing her the bubbles in the bath and all was good - so looks like fun times ahead lol - better clear out that naughty corner pmsl.

anyway she is getting better at the protesting at bedtime, she just yells out once not cries just one final protest, i think last week it was cause she was feeling a bit off - the top two eye teeth are now through so i guess that mystery has been solved - only 6 more teeth to go, bottom 2 eye teeth and 2yr old molars HOORAY - jay has another loose tooth - a bit excited he may loose it at school cause a girl in his class lost her tooth today and there was blood so she had to go to the sick bay. he is excited about tommorrow - first lunchorder, i said he can get a lunch order every friday if he makes (or attempts to make) his bed in the morning and puts his pj's under his pillow, and he takes his dirty washing to the laundry each night - well not only is he doing that but he is also making lani's cot and taking her dirty clothes to the laundry lol - i have every womans dream happening with that boy lets hope it lasts.

hi to everyone and hope you are all going great - chat soon

Michelle- Jessica and Lani are sooo alike, I just loved the tantrum story. jess did a similar thing yesterday after swimming over a packet of biscuits. SHe wanted to hold them, and when Jemma picked up the pack she started going crazy, so jemma gave her 2 bikkies and she threw them across the floor. Eventually the box was given to her and she was handing them out to the kids, then she decided she didn't want to share. So the kids tried to take one and the tantrum started again. She ended up going off until we were halfway home and then started again when we got out of the car.

I think that is terrific that you are such good friends with your mum's grp still, it is hard to meet good friends as you get older so that is sooo nice for you and for Jay too. Good luck finding a pgroup for lani.

LOL at tantrums.... ah I asked a friend when they ended & she said "when was your last tanty" and I had to laugh because it was the day before LMAO!

mooshie Guest

yeah michelle jessica and lani do sound almost like they are twins lol

christy pmsl at the tanty's - really i suppose i shouldn't laugh but i guess i am used to it now and can pick up what is happening - i tend to turn a blind eye/ear a bit - although some day my dh walks in the door to all sorts of noise and i am sure he must think arhhhh i can't believe we want another child lol.

i really think girls are more dramatic in their tantrums (i shouldn't generalise) but just from experiencesi think the girls go over the top a bit - wheras boys you can distract a bit quicker - the distraction thing lasts with lani for ohh around 2 secs but no she hasn't forgotten what she was worked up for and continues.

oh my g/friend had the best tantrum throwers lol - all they did was throw themselves on the floor and put there face down and not say a word - omg how good is that lol.

better go check out ebay - feel like shopping lol.

see yas

Hey girls, sorry i havent been in here lately.

Oh it is so not good having to fun around after a toddler and having m/s, been feeling quite dizzy too which doesn't help. I'm so glad it I dont feel like this all day, but mornign and night are the worst.

Lily now has 9 teeth and boy do they hurt, ouch! She is also a pincher. The other day she grabbed a huge chunk of skin from the top of my chest, oww it hurt.

Michelle - I know what you mean about tantrums. Lily is a big drama queen and its always over the silliest things!

mooshie Guest

tegan

it will get better, try and grab a nap when lily is down and keep up the water, i used to get really dizzy when prg and found quite often it was cause i didn't drink enough water - i once passed out in a queue at the bank (i was about 16wks with my first) it was a really busy saturday morning and i remember feeling all dizzy, then all of a sudden someone had me on a chair and someone else was asking who had a mobile to call an ambulance gosh i was so embarrsed and i wasn't really showing, so i had to explain i was prg and okay lol, when to my ob a couple of days later and he checked me over, all was find, just bp was down a bit - tell you what it was a good way to get quick service pmsl.

Hi all

Oh I hear you on the tantrums - our darling girl is a huge drama queen! I think she thinks she owns me or something - if she sees Harry come over for a cuddle or to sit on my lap she cracks it! Then tries to push him out of the way which just results in more tears because he is bigger than her!

Tegan - Erk hate that m/s - I remember feeling sick when pg with Grace, Harry was the same age as Lily and so energetic. Hopefully it won't last long for you!

Bon

Tegan- congrats on the pg, hope you feel better soon. Hope you do find some time to grab a nap here and there. It is very different with the 2nd pg and the next ones too cos you just don't get the time to rest like you do with the first.

PMSL at all of our little tantrumers.

Michelle- wouldn't you just love a silent tantrumer? WIsh I was your gf. Jess has just chucked a massive wobbly over me not letting her climb on the puter chair and I have put her to bed. Jemma and my niece woke her up bf she had had enough sleep and she is being just awful.

Hello to everyone, I can't do personals as just realised the time and I have to go to pick Josh up from his friends. Arron has booted off to the TAB and so i have to take everyone.

CU Michelle

LOL Matilda did a silent tantrum once... on the plane after screaming for 40 minutes she held her breath & passed out!!! :shock: but then she fell asleep & was quiet.... does that one count? LMAO!! She's had two episodes of this so far, DH & I usually blow in her face to get her to breath if she's going that direction...

Aww I just had to give Lily her first bandaid for her first booboo She was crawling outside and must have crawled over a rock and cut her leg, poor thing. She was brave though and didn't cry.

Christy - how scary that Matilda does that. Maybe tickling her would help her to stop it too if she started?

How many molars do toddlers have? 4 or 8? One of Lily's teeth has just broke though its a top one second from the back, so not very back but the one just next to it. Would that be a molar? It looks it on pictures.

My 14 1/2 month old,millana,had me up half the night with her molars.They look really sore.Panadol had no effect nor did nurefon.I will stick to nurofin hoping it will help with inflammation? What does anyone else use? I am a zombie today and being pregnat doesnt help.Do they take long to come through?

Kellee Guest

Hey Mitch. Bloody hell – you are so busy. No one can watch your kids like you can – even when people say that they’ll keep an eye on them you can never rely on what they mean. How did DH's course go?

Mooshie – IKWYM about playgroup. Going to somewhere where everyone already knows each other is a bit scary. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to go once, and you can ‘shop around’ until you find a group that suits you. I know I shouldn’t, but I had to laugh at Lani’s tantrum. It sounded so funny. I bet that Charlie’s will start soon and then YOU can laugh at ME! I’m glad that the teething thing is over for the time being. The poor things are so miserable in every way when the teeth are coming through. BTW – can you please come up here and teach my DH to do the things that Jay is doing? PLEASE?!

Christy – hello! I had to laugh at your comment about the tantrums. I think my last one was actually this morning! DH just rolls his eyes – maybe it’s a girl thing. Wow at Matilda passing out on the plane. Did you freak out? How is she going anyway? I wish I had been able to meet her the day we met up a while ago.

Tegan – congratulations! I didn’t realise you were pg. Sorry that you’re getting some morning sickness. I hope it doesn’t last long. Give DH as much as he can handle as far as looking after Lily and housework is concerned. Being that he’s not the one who has to feel sick and grow a baby everyday I think it’s only fair! I agree with the water – it’s hard to keep it up, but hopefully it will help you. Big hugs and stickyvibes to you.

Bon – lol at the kids fighting for your attention. It must make you feel very loved! How do you get around that… I have been wondering for when this one comes along. I don’t want either of them to feel ‘left out’, but I suppose it’s inevitable sometimes.

Caddie – poor Millana. I hope that it passes soon. I use SM33 gel (it seems to be more effective than Bonjela with Charlie) and if things get dire I use Nurofen too. Although I saw a scary report about Nurofen the other night so I’m going to ask my doctor what she thinks next time I see her, just to be sure. I hope it’s still ok for me to use it though, because Panadol doesn’t do much for Charlie when he’s really bad. Luckily he hasn’t had a bad teething night since October, but I’m sure I’m sure for another one soon. I hope that you find something that works soon.

Bob has been moving like a crazy thing. He has really active days, and sometimes he’s so active that I feel sick. I don’t remember that happening last time, so maybe he’s going to be even MORE active than Charlie… OMG, how will I cope?! I also so a situation today that I just had to tell you all about. Charlie, DH and I were at a playgym and there was a father there with a toddler and a six week old (probably giving Mum a well deserved break!). The baby was screaming in the pram and the father seemed to be too zonked to care. Anyway, this woman just came up and started looking underneath the baby’s blankets, checking to see if his nappy was dirty and all that kind of thing. Turned out she is a midwife, and she just picked the baby up and started rocking him. She only asked whether she could or not once she’d actually picked him up, so I’m sure the father wouldn’t have felt comfortable saying no at this point. If he didn’t feel inadequate before then I bet he would have afterwards! It was all a bit weird. I forgot about all that stuff – getting advice from people in shopping centers, family, friends, friends of friends, complete strangers… I remember once having Charlie in the sling against my chest while I was shopping and this old lady coming up to me and saying in a very disapproving tone, “He looks terribly uncomfortable in that!” to which I replied, “Well, he falls asleep in it everyday, so it mustn’t be too bad”. I really wanted to tell her to bugger off, but that would have been a bit rude. * sigh * Anyway, thought I’d share that all with you!

Charlie is doing well. He had a couple of teething days this week (just off his food and grizzly and that kind of thing) but his teething pain seems to pass pretty quick these days, thank goodness! He’s really loving us singing to him and has started demanding certain songs. Tonight DH was singing him the theme song from the cartoon “Speed Racer”, and when he switched to another song Charlie grizzled and would only stop once DH sang that song again! Little bugger.

Sorry for the epic post (again!). Hope you’re all going really well, and have a lovely weekend.

Woohoo Lily took her first steps!! First it was 3, then 4 then 3 againa nd then 6! She was so excited, bouncing up and down and laughing afterwards lol.

Well done Lily! =D>

caddie, didnt realise you were pg, congrats.

It seems most of us are pg in here, I might just have to get a wriggle on!

I am so glad I am not the only one with a tantrum thrower. Although I must admit Aidan's tantrums are pretty tame, but he cries about the silliest things. Sometimes he reminds me of a dog that begs and begs and wont give up, whining the whole time!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast