Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #9

Hi!

Well, Louis was up heaps again last night - at least 5 times...grrr and he's getting harder to put down through the day again. I normally can put him down and walk out and he goes straight to sleep so not sure whats happening there. I think I'm going to book in to sleep school......
    We're off to the PIL for the weekend for Mil b'day. Should be good to get away from home and a change of scenery. They live on 110 acres up at Bonnie Doon so it's so beautiful up there. Dh would live up there in a flash but I'm not so sure I could live there all the time so far removed from everything. Although dh could work with his dad and earn a lot more money than he does now so I suppose it's worth considering...?? Maybe until the kids were to start school?? Anyway.....

Nikki - Good luck with the house! What a busy time for you. The toy library sounds great...I must have a look at one...

Linda - Good to hear from you! Computers/internet can be so frustrating....I hope it all gets sorted.

Melissa- I just food process the meat.....

Cindy - Sorry to hear that you both haven't been feeling well! It's so hard to feel great when you're not getting good sleep either...
    I hope everything goes well with your mums surgery!

Well, I better get a move on - I've got heaps to do today and I haven't even had a shower yet - hehehe.

Kell Guest

Hi.
    Krisvee - sorry to hear about the bad sleeping, maybe a sleep school might help. Your weekend away sounds nice, have fun!

Nikki - the toy library sounds great, we have one here but i have never used it. i will have to look into it.

Linda - it s*cks having a bad connection, hopefully things sort themselves out. We have an older computer and i hate using it it is so slow so Nick brings his laptop home from work for me to use we are going to buy a new one in the next few weeks, we are waiting for the Aldi computer to go on sale again, it is a fantastic machine!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, i am going shopping on sunday with my sis and mum, NO children

Hi girls, Have been about a little during the week but have not had a chance to post. Gussy's been doing a week of extreme crying so it's been pretty limiting. Ahhhh tis so exhausting. Seems he's reacting to different solids we've been trying. He's so super allergic to things. Aghhhh! He's now the grand old weight of 5.1kg (and 62cm long) so we REALLY need to get him interested in food! He's been screaming full pelt from about 8am until 9 or 10pm WITHOUT A BREAK!!!!! Scarymary! Am looking forward to the weekend. Ian's worried about how I'm coping with all the crying so has said I can have Saturday completely "off". So I've booked the day solid. Am actually pretty excited! he ha! I have pilates first thing tomorrow morning, then the hairdresser, then spending the afternoon shopping with two girlfriends, then out for a girls night to a restaurant and local pub. Then on Sunday we've booked a sitter to mind Gussy while Ian and I go to see the Da Vinci Code. That will definitely help take the edge off a sh**ty week!

Thumbs up

Yeah the weekend is finally here. I had an awful day at work today. Lots of people getting angry and being nasty over the phone. I have to laugh but they make me mad some times.

Anyways. Jordan has a good week at the nannas. He is settling well into the routine of being babysat again which is a great load off my mind.
    The nannas are loving having him again which is good. They dont like it when I pick him up they always say he can stay longer.

Kirstie - I am sorry to hear that Gus has been a little unsettled. Good to hear that you are having a "me" day, its something we all need now and then. I am going to get waxed this weekend and am looking forward to it. (silly isnt it)

Kell - Have a great shopping trip Sunday with NO children. That will be an easy trip. No getting prams etc in and out of cars.

Krisvee - Hope that Louis settles down again soon. I think it must be a phase the October bubs are going thru. Jordan also wants to be rocked to sleep at the moment and normally we would put him to bed and he would nod off on his own. Now he just cries????? I am hoping this phase will end soon. Its hard to rock an 11 kilo baby to sleep.

Cindy - Hope your mums operation went ok.

Melissa - I think i will buy some meat and veg baby foods and give them a go. I think the pumpkin must be getting boring for the little tacker now. He has been having it for 2 weeks now. We tried mixed vegetable and he backed up so maybe we will try that again in a week or so.

Well have a nice night everyone. Lots of sleep vibes to all the Oct babies.

Kristie - I don't have a food processor, but I'm seriously thinking of getting one.

Kristy - I hope things with Gussy get better

Melissa

i bought one of those hand plunger type ones,it was only $20 and it purees,minces and mixes,best thing i ever bought
    nikki

Hi!

Well, what a weekend. My more little monster has come down with a cold... he has slept so badly (we had the worst night ever last night) I think with being sick and away from home he just didn't know what was going on. He tried so hard to be happy though. His little eyes are all watery and snotty nose.....

Kell - Hope you had a great shopping trip!

Kirsty - Wow, you poor thing. That must be so hard to cope with all day. I really hope you had a great weekend having some time for yourself and with your dh.

Tracey - I'm glad Jordan is settled down with his nannas.

Melissa - I just have one of those braun things...it has a blender, whisk thing and food processor thing. I'm not sure how much they are but I know there not as much as a big food processor and don't take up half as much room. I started off using a the blender for his food and now I use the processor for his meat/pasta and just mash his veggies.

K, I'm so tired and have to unpack everything yet....I hope you all had a great weekend.

Kell Guest

Hi! i had a nice day shopping, no prams and kids - it was quite relaxing.

Kirsty - Sounds like you are having a trying time, poor thing! I hope the weekend revived you and was relaxing How was The Da Vinci Code, have heard mixed views.
    Krisvee - Hope Louis is feeling better, i have a cold too so know how the poor chook is feeling, i hope Will and Molly dont get this one.
    Tracey - I hate days of work when people are rude and abusive, i know how that feels! Sometimes you just want to slap people!

Molly's preshool day today so I have an afternoon off peace coming up (she is soooo loud ) hopefully Will will cooperate and sleep It is getting quite cold here, frosty mornings yuk :P Dh would follow the winter around the world if he could, i hate the cold! His twin lives in Germany and they have such cold winters that he gets jealous and even threatens to move there!
    Hope you all have a nice monday,

Kell - how exciting with Molly starting pre school. what a big girl she is getting. I have found that flanalette cot sheets have done wonders for Jordans sleeping as he gets all snug and warm. If its cold at your place, maybe invest in some of them?

Krisvee - sorry to hear about the cold. It really does throw the little ones out a bit. Hope he settles for you soon and you get a good night sleep.

well i have taken my 1st sicky today..... and not because of me or Jordan but the dog.
    One of my puppies has a sore eye, turns out she has an ulcer on it. So off to the vet we went and now we have drops to put in 2-3 times daily.

I might take advantage of the day off and go visit my grandmother, she just moved to a retirement village and havent seen her new place yet.

Have a nice day everyone.

kristie,chantelle has developed a cold too and she is miserable,her eyes are so watery and her nose so runny,she keeps couging and sneezing and hasnt slept more than 20 minutes at a time cos she cant breath,it is going to be one hell of a night tonight.
    tracey,we spent the morning at the vet to today,my cat has 2 very sore swolen infected feet,so they have put him under anesthetic and are having a look,they also want xrays and blood test cos he is very sick,wont eat and in alot of pain,he will be picked up tonight and they have quoted me $600.they are also concerned that he may have feline aids....?????i will know the results any time soon.
    cindy,how did you go with bettina?my boys have there photo shoot this thursday,i just went shopping for them so they look spunky
    nikki

Just a quick one to let you all know I've updated Emma's website if you want to have a squizz...

wooohhoooo,yipeee.i made 1000 posts,clever me!!!!

Kell Guest

heh, nikki, i was happy at making 100 LOL

Kell Guest

Linda - Wow what a cutie, love the babycino (Molly still loves hers )

omg.....i knew it would be a trying night,chantelle woke at 10.45 last night,i had been in bed since 10pm.i was getting very nasty as she wouldnt re settle,i was yelling at her and beeing really impatient,after 1 hour i bathed her to try and clear the congestion and she then went to sleep.i felt so bad for screaming and carrying on that i decided it would be easier if i just didnt go back to bed as i would not be woken from sleep when she continually woke.she did wake lots last night and i handled her really well as i was already awake but i have been up since 10.45 last night,i had 45 minutes sleep.
    i dont think i will be very nice person by tonight,dont know if i have done a good thing here or not.i spose it is a sacrafice i am glad i made as i knew i would lose my head if i had to get up all night,just hope i can handle the day with out sleep.
    nikki

Thanks Kell

Nikki - it was a difficult night here also. Emma has a cold & woke 5 times through the night. Try to get a nap in with her today if you can!

linda that is what is wrong with chantelle,wonder how louise went he also has a cold...gggrrr!
    nikki

Hi!

Well, Louis seems to be getting a bit better. Still a bit snotty but not to bad. Sunday night he woke at least 10 times but I had mentally prepared myself for it so kept going back to sleep - he was settling easy just wanted me to go in there so it was easy enough. (and after sat night where we couldn't settle him at all it was good) Last night was really good. He only woke 3 times over night including 1 feed so I'm happy with that. That's better than we've had when he's well lately - hehe.

It's my Birthday today!!! I'm 25!! Getting old - hehehe. Of course dh forgot this morning so I'm waiting for my phone calls etc but I've just had one message from an old friend....silly family....hehe. They'll probably all forget!! We're not doing anything to celebrate until the weekend as dh has a cold as well...in fact I really have to go and do food shopping today - so not looking forward to it!

Kell - I hate winter too!! Although with the ducted heating at home I hardly notice it. I just can't wait for the warmer weather again because it means Louis will be old enough to really enjoy the outdoors this year!

Tracey - Sorry to hear about your doggy...I hope you were able to still enjoy a day without work though...I miss having a dog soo much - when we bought our unit I thought we'd be able to but the body corp still said we couldn't even though we own it...grrr.

Nikki - Sorry to hear about Chantelle. It's so hard. Louis luckily is sleeping much better now and was still having good naps through the day. Have you tried the saline nose spray stuff? We've been using that and it seems to have helped a little. Wow $600 for your cat!!! Maybe it's just as well we don't have a pet because those kind of bills we could do without right now! hehe. Yeah on 1000 posts! I've got a little way to go I think! I can totally understand about getting frustrated - I can deal with almost anything through the day but when you're in the middle of sleep and you have to get up a million times it's very easy to get annoyed. The only reason I dealt with it the other night was that I was fully expecting worse so even though I got up a lot it was easier than it had been iykwim?? Gosh no sleep though....I couldn't handle that. Try and have a sleep through the day or you'll be out of it by tonight!! I hope she's feeling better and you get a better night tonight.

Linda - What a gorgoeus pictures! I love the ones with the angel wings! You're so talented! Poor Emma being sick as well. It's certainly the time for it!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast