Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005 #9

Kell Guest

Hey there,
    Nikki - Wow so sorry to hear the sleep is bad atm, maybe on the weekend DH could look after Chantelle and you could have a full nights sleep? Do you still wrap her to sleep, you could maybe start (if not already) or stop or change the wrap style if you are? Do you have a spare bed so you could sleep in her room (does she have her own room?) so that you dont have to go far if she wakes, and she may like to have you close. It sounds like thru the day she wants to be close to you all the time, it could be seperation anxiety. Will went thru that a little while ago, he would not settle on his own, but he got over it. Thats about all i can suggest, hope it gets better soon

Kristie - I know what you mean about bday, I am 27 this year and i wonder where the time has gone! June 6th Lotto is 21 million i think, but i am going to win that so dont bother LOL.

Melissa - like Kristie I cant imagine being followed by a littlie, Will is a great big lump that wont move LOL. Hes very determined to not move, same as Molly and my nephew Jordan, must be in the genes

Hope everyone has a nice Friday, weekend tomorrow yay! We are looking at another house (renting) it has an extra bedroom which will be nice, except when the IL want to visit It is a fair bit more money, but we might be able to talk them down if they have no one else interested. Other than that pretty quiet weekend planned...

Good luck with house Kell!

Nikki - the wrap advice is good! Emma had been sleeping unwrapped, but when we moved she would only sleep with us. So when it came time to get her back in her cot was to wrap her really tight & it works.

Mind you, she's waking 1-3 times a night ATM & I have no idea why?? I'm hoping it will just pass. I just feed her & go back to bed, thats the easiest.

Kristie - It's difficult when he's got such a foot and shoe fetish at the moment too. You really have to be careful where you put your feet. He's pulling himself up on us and standing up very well. It won't be long and I think he'll be walking. Benjamin did the up on the toes things too before he got the knack of the crawling thing.

Kell - I never realised how much work it is to look after a crawling child. When I move house next weekend, I really think I need to rearrange the furniture a little better.

Nikki - Benjamin does the whole "crocodile tears" thing too. He screams and screams until he gets mummy. Daddy tried to handle him yesterday, but instead Benjamin just kept screaming with the arms outstretched for me. It all stopped when he got his mummy though. Talk about have mummy wrapped around his little finger.

I hope you all have a great weekend

Melissa

thanks girls,i will try wrapping her tonight,so far today she has gone down twice for huge sleeps with no problems,last night was another crappy night but i did see an improvment,i realise she isnt well so heres hoping she will get over this when she is feeling better.
    kristie and cindy,me and tracey caught up the other day and agreed that we are happy to make the trip to your side of town just to make things easier,that way the chances are higher that we will actually catch up.shall we come to one of your houses or have you got other suggestions,for us a wednesday would be better,how would you guys feel about wednesday the 7th of june???? kell i have an 8 seater 4wd,if you want to drive to my place i can take us all,what do you think......?
    melissa LOL at the crocodile tears,it actually makes me laugh,chantelle will be crying but with a smile on her face,it is more of a noise rather than an actual cry,little bugger,i cant beleive at this age they are already learning to manipulate us.heheheh!!!!linda we can fully appreciate how difficult it is when bubs wakes so often at night,what a shame,she was such a terrific sleeper for you for soooo long,must have been the move that undid all of that,for me it was when chantelle got her first cold at 4 months old,she was such a perfect sleeper before that.and now it seems like an eternety ago,i just try to remind myself that it DOES eventually stop.kell i hope you get the house.melissa,i didnt realise you were moving,gosh this group has been very busy house hunting and moving,i think kristie is the only one out of all of us that hasnt.as for our house we had a couple come through on tuesday and they LOVED our home,they went straight to the bank to organise finance and said they would be back at the end of the week with an offer,i expect that it will be early next week though.we have an open house tomorrow at 1pm and the agent said that since the board went up they have been flooded with calls so hopefully a big turnout,i am sick to death of cleaning though.oh kell congratulations on getting mollys brace off,i am sooo happy for that little girl.i had a blue with dh last night and thismorning,i just feel everything is getting on top of me and feel he is not giving me the help i need,poor thing doesnt get home till 7-8 oclock so i realise the last thing he wants to do is domestic duties but i just told him i feel a bit like a single mum and need somthing else.going back to work is starting to sound better everyday.i have to admit the thought of another baby at the moment has definantly gone on to the bottom of my list .cindy how did tori go yesterday at the photo shoot?
    must be off got to go to the supermarket and post office
    love nikki(p.s thanks for being there girls,just having you to talk to when things get rough sure helps me alot)

Hi!

Louis slept straight from 8.45pm - 4.15am! Thats the longest in ages. Also, today he's taken a few walks forward crawling! I don't think it will be long now at all! One thing that I've given a try (although I don't think you're supposed to) is a pillow. I put it in for Louis last night and he looks so cosy! I don't worry about it because Louis isn't a wriggler - where I put him down to sleep he is there when he wakes in the same position. I think it's helped too because of his snotty nose as well. Who knows what tonight will bring though....hehe

Kell - LOL on the tatts...I'll have to get a ticket for that one...Good luck on the house!

Linda - Won't emma settle without a feed? That would be hard. Louis walking up a few times is good for us but it's usually just a quick pop the dummy in so thats easy. I would be frustrated if I had to do something to settle him - hehe.

Melissa - Louis is the same - will cry for me when other people are holding him or he starts getting tired...It's kind of nice that he wants his mum though....

Nikki - Sounds great!! I'm free that day. I'm happy if you want to come to my house - at least we can relax that way rather than being out somewhere but it's up to you guys. I've only got a little house but I'm sure there will be enough room for us all!
    I think you're right it would be worse if you had good sleepers that turned bad. Louis has been bad the whole time so it's not so bad - hehe. Louis has slept through once only!
    Yep, we haven't moved and nor will we be for probably another 2 years, which means we'll be having bubba 2 here! It will be hard but we'll manage.
    Good luck with the house!! I hope it sells for you!
    I dont' blame you for feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. Sometimes dh just don't understand that it can feel draining... and yep they feel tired to, but they get to come home and switch off and we don't really ever get a chance to do that.
    I agree - it's so great to have a place to chat like this!

Kristie - yep, she has to be fed! Wow on the crawling!!

Nikki - we all help each other out, its great hey! I hope the wrapping works for you!

I'm so lucky we have an internal garage here. So if Emma falls asleep in the car I just leave her in there with the doors open & I can hear her as soon as she wakes up. She sleeps heaps longer too - normally I'm lucky to get 20 minutes & shes been in there for 25 so far...

Nikki - I'm free any day to catch up other than Thursdays. I would say to come to my place but my mum is house bound for a few months after the surgery and I couldnt do it to her! The 7th sounds good to me though and truly I dont mind travelling, Tori just sleeps in the car anyway.

The photos went really well the other day, she sowed off like I have never seeen her do before and the pics looked great on the computer. Who was the photographer you had? Our one was a little skinny blond haired asian guy probably in his 50's and he was great, we had my niece with us too and he chatted to her as well. Sorry to hear he was crabby with your boys. Like you I am hoping that we cancover the money paid out with some work. Time will tell I suppose!

Kristie- wow on louis's sleep!I wish tori would do one of those for me! I feel like a zombie today. she has been crabby for a few days now, perhaps we have a second tooth coming through?? Are you feeling more chirpy today? Birthdays are meant to be happy times. Did you get spoilt by your hubby? I get down around my birthday unfortunately and even 20 years after my brother dying (he died 2 days after my 10th birthday) it still gets me down every year and I never celebrate it. Pretty pathetic really but I just cant break the cycle. Maybe one day I will do something for it.

Well I am off to watch the nanny.
    Sorry no personals to everyone, I missed a day and there is way to mych to catch up on now!

Sleep well................

Hi!

Linda - thats great with the garage! I would love that. I've had so many times where you get home and just have to try and transfer and 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work!

Have a good weekend eveyrone! I'm having people around for a few drinks tomorrow for b'day celebrations and Sunday brekky at a cafe with the family so it should be nice!

Cindy - we posted at the same time!

Thats cool everyone can come to my house! What a good girl being a show off in front of the camera. That's one thing I don't think it takes kids long to work out! hehe
    Sorry that you're so tired - its so hard isn't it.
    Well, I should feel chirpy but I didn't go to bed until midnight (reading marie claire...) I enjoyed the time to myself though as dh was out as well...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother... I can imagine it would feel weird to celebrate at that time. I hope that you can sometime though because you're special and you deserve to be spoilt and feel good on your b'day! Was he older than you? (you don't have to write about him if you don't want to...)

I wish everyone a beautiful nights sleep - god knows we all need it!

okay girls,that is settled then,put that date,the 7th june on your calenders and we will come at 11.30 am.kristie i will just need your address love.i will bring some soft drink and maybe some dip and buiscuts.
    cindy my brother died last year ,march.he was only 23 and had a son who was 3 at the time,very sad time and i cannot ever imagine getting over that even in 20 years time.love to you.
    nikki

ooooooo what do you think of chantelles ticker,she was playing with my new scarf,she was wrapping it around her head and face.funny little thing.needless to say it was saturated with slobber by the time she had finished with it.
    nikki

Kell Guest

Nikki - That is so gorgeous, dont you just love the baby slobber on absolutely everything! LOL. Our camera needs a new battery atm so i dont have any new photos of Will, must get to that hmmm.. Hope Chantelle slept better for you last night. Cleaning for open houses would be draining, hopefully that buyer comes along My Dh works long hours too, 7.30 to 6ish, but i must say he is very helpful around the house. Maybe your dh could take the kids for a few hours on the weekend to the shops, out for a milkshake etc, just to give you a break? Sorry to hear about your brother, i cant imagine what that must have been like for you..

Cindy - Sounds like your bday is a hard time for you too, im sorry. Its great that the photos went so well...

Kristie - Congrats on the great sleep!

Linda - Oooo i am jealous of the internla garage, i cannot transfer form car to house without waking him But Will has decided he is not going to sleep in the car anymore anyway grrrr.

Nikki - Chantelle is so cute in that pink scarf of yours. She's looks like she's grown up heaps since the last piccy?

Melissa

Helo ladies

Hope you have been having a nice weekend.
    We went to visit DHs uncle and hs partner in hospital yesterday, they just had a baby boy. Riley Barry-John. He is just gorgeous. He is 8p 12 ounces, bigger than Jordan was and I cant remember my big boy ever being that little. I was so clucky when I left.....oh I would love to be pregnant again.

Nicole- 7th June sounds good for me. I will let you know if anything changes though. I am sorry to hear that you had another bad night. You can always come over here if you need a break or give me a ring. We all need a shoulder to cry on sometimes and it helps to talk it over. Glad to see that the boys photos went well. I am sure they looked gorgeous. I am sure we will see them in target catalogues soon enough!!!

CIndy - Glad to see that Toris photo shoot went welll also. What a little cutie to turn on the charm in front of the camera. Looks as though you may have a little stunner on your hands there.

Kell - Great news about Molly loosing the brace during the day, I bet she is loving it.

Linda - What a great idea.... we have an internal garage and i never thought to leave Jordan in the car if he was asleep. DERR FRED..... I always attempt to transfer him into his cot, most tmes unsuccessfully. even though Emma is waking a couple times at night its good you can settle her easy enough with a boob feed. I try nappy 1st and then if that doesnt work then I go for the boobies. Works everytime I find.

Krsivee - WOW on Louis's sleep, thats a great sleep. Wish all Oct bubs would take on that routine. How exciting about his 1st crawling steps. It certainly doesnt sound like it will be long and he will be off with no stopping him

Melissa - Benjamin does sound like a clever boy. It is funny how sometimes bubs just want their mummies. They certainly work us out quick thats for sure. Jordan knows that if he cries I am the 1st to get in there.... I cant help it. DH has more tollerance and tries to let him cry it out. I am a big softy though.

Well hope you all enjoy your sunday. For all the BB fans, should be a good episode tonight, another BIG SURPRISE

Hi girls, still not much sleep in our house at the moment but life goes on and Dp did take her from me at 6 and let me sleep untill 9 this morning which was nice of him! I just need that every day fora week and i will be caught up.

Today we went to one of those play houses and it was great, Tori had a great time and its free for kids under 1, even better!! I will definately be going again.

Krisite - good to hear you ended up doing something special for your birthday! And thats great you are willingto have us all at your place on the 7th. If you are keen before then though to go to a play house thingo some time give me a text and we can organise it.
    In regards to my brother, her was only 3 when he died and as i said it happened 2 days after my 10th birthday but I was a big part in his daily physio and what not as he had some disabilities which required alot of attention and my mum had my sister to look after too so I helped out a heap and I suppose grew up pretty fast because of it. I wouldnt change a thing though even though it was always hard and still is to an extent. I dont mind talking about him though, its nice to actually brings up some good memories.

I have to ask everyone - how are your little ones going on the solids front? Tori struggles to swallow any kind of lump so everything has to be really runny and she gets over it fast too so she isnt getting much solids at the moment coz of the gagging etc. I offer them about 6 times a day and she gets a little bit in each time but its just so frustrating. I want to get more in there coz she is so active she hasnt put on any weight in ages . I have a health nurse appt in a few weeeks so will ask if she thinks its aproblem but every other baby I see is so much fatter than her.

GOtta go my dears. Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 7th. Sleep well

Guess What?????????your Not Going To Beleive It..........

chantelle slept right through last night,i woke at 6.30 and i couldnt beleive my eyes when i looked at the clock,this is the first time she has ever done this,i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!i am just praying she does it again tonight.
    nikki

OMG Nikki!! I'm so excited for you!!! Yay!! I'm SSSOOO jealous!! I was up 3 times

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast