Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005

it is normal for babies to be unsettled in the evenings, it's called the witching hour and I had it bad with Kat....... She'd start about the time Dh got home and finally settle around midnight. Once we got a firm routine going it seemed to help.

Well, we got the kids back last night and I almost wished we hadn't. Dh made me eat even tho I didn't feel at all like I wanted to.....so the tummy thing started up again and I had the runs and bad tummy pains ALL night. Ended up taking immodium again (which means I can't BF for 12hrs AGAIN.....my boobs haven't even filled today....hope it comes back once jess starts sucking again). Not to mention Jess was totally unsettled last night. My sister and I seem to have worked out that she likes to cry herself to sleep......but with her in our bedroom and DH being so tired and having to get up to go to work I hate letting her cry cause it wakes him... So I'm going to talk to DH tonight and see if we can move her early.... We were going to wait till after Kat's 1st birthday party (which we had booked for very late JUST in case I went very overdue with Jess), but I think we will need to do it earlier as her grizzling and complaining is KILLING us. I just don't know where we can move her as the back bedroom (which will be Kat's after the party) is needed for relos to sleep in during the birthday weekend as we have DH's family coming down to help us get it all going....
    Maybe we can put her in there untill they come down..... we will have to see.

Did I read something about a get together?? Info please!!! *L*

Jess is still sleeping soundly in the capsule in the loungeroom (her day time nap place as I can put it out of Kat's reach) and Kat is in bed now.... Think I might take this oportunity to have a shower and get some sleep (only Jess is due for a feed soon....yay).

How is everyone else going?? Hope ur angels are not making things too hard!!

Hugs to all....

Dylan's "witching hour" is all day!! From about 10am till 4pm he doesn't want to settle, but then he's pretty good between 8pm and 6am...

The get-together that Nikki is planning is going to be in Melbourne as a couple of people live their and a couple of us will be there for xmas visiting rellies.

Would the other SA people (I think it's just Bonnie, Fenella and me...) like to meet up? I'm in West Lakes Shore, but am happy to travel for a coffee and chat! I know there's a girls night out soon for all SA bbs but I can't make it to that as my parents will be here.

Forum Name: Katkins
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 28/10/05
    Gender of Baby:GIRL!
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Erin
    Baby's Website: None as yet....been too busy to even do Kat's one!
    Health Concerns: Windy baby....likes to drink fast and hard and sucks in a LOT of air.
    Notes: c/s 2wks early due to unstable Lie.

Hi Ladies

I am glad we can all be together again, all the october babies.

I am so glad to read that most bubs are unsettled during the evening as Jordan is the same. He settles so well all day after a feed and as soon as DH comes home he wont settle after a feed and we struggle to get him into bed at night.

Last night was terrible. I fed him at 7.00 and when he finished his feed he screamed for about an hr. We ended up bathing him and then giving him a top up. DH stayed up with him till 11.00 when he finally fell asleep.

Jordan sleeps in his rocker during the day. I cant seem to get him to sleep in his cradle during the day. I dont mind having him near me anyways.

Dee 73 - I am glad to see that Dylan sleeps all night but the unsettleness during the day must be rough. How do you get anything done?

Bonnie - I hope you do get some help with PND I saw a show on Oprah about it yesterday it was really educational.

Hugs to all the babies, speak soon

Tracey - I think Jordan & Emma must be in tune with each other!! From 7 - 11pm seems to be her witching hour.

I agree that just knowing that everyone elses bubs are doing the same thing makes it so much easier to bear!

Donella - i'm gonna have a get together here too!!...........now who will be there............Linda &..................that's it!! ROFL Candice you would be the only one in your area too wouldnt you?

Kerrie I hope your system settles for you today.

Do you mind me asking you all how you are going losing the baby weight?

my baby weight just fell off me,i actually weigh less now than before i fell prg.i was 63 and whent up to 71 and am now 61 kilos woo hoo,dont ask me the secret cos i dont know,im not a very good eater though,i try to have dinner everyday but dont eat brekky or lunch but am hungry afternoons where i pig out on chips,chocolate anything i can find in the cupboard that doesnt need preparing.bad huh....my gh is worried that i am not feeding myself enough and is worried chantelle will not get enough in return,i still have a little bit of a tum
    nikki

don't mention the post bub tum.....I have two years worth to lose now. I am however very proud to say I am 4kilos lighter now than I was when I fell pg with Jess. Mind you that's still about 7kgs heavier than when I fell with Kat.....but they say it takes 9 months to have a baby and 9 months for your body to go back to normal....
    I am hoping to get back to my pre-marriage weight one day. I will never be thin, but at least back then I had SOME confidence and at least FELT sexy at times. Now I just feel FAT and horrible. My ideal weight would be 75kgs again. I was a size 10 then. Even tho 75kgs seems a lot for my height, I seem to have a LOT of muscle and will never be skinny....

But I can always dream................

pre pregnancy weight..... I hope to get to that to.

Linda - I have found that by simply breast feeding the weight has just been falling off. I havent done any real exercise, apart from walking around shopping centres.
    I am not able to fit into my pre pregnancy pants just yet but I am close. I think in another 1-2 weeks I might be able to get into them.
    Maybe our babies are tunewith their same unsettled periods. Hopefully the will grow out of that soon.

I have a flabby bit of skin above my c-sction scar which I dont appear to have control off at the moment, I cant suck it in when I pull my tummy in. Is this because my insides are still healing? or will i have to work on getting some control back?

Nikki - Good on you for loosing the kilos. I think you should definatly try to eat a little more though, you dont want to run yourself down.

Is it true that you need to keep up your own food and drink intake to keep your milk supply up?

Katkins - I too wish I could get back into a size 10 but I am aiming for my size 12s to fit. Good luck with the weight loss. I am sure you will be able to do it. Even if it does take time.

Is anyone else having nappy incidents? today Jordan popped thru his nappy, onto his clothes and bunny rug. #-o I didnt do one of the sides up properly and it all came thru there. I seem to do this atleast a couple times a week. Mainly in middle of the night when I am tired and not paying attention.

Jordan has been great today. He went to sleep about 11.00 thru to 1.20 and then fed and went back to sleep. He should be up between 4.20-5.20, we alternate between 3 and 4 hr feeds during the day.

Are your bubs havin regular feed intervals or do they vary?

Tracey - I do the exact same thing with nappies in the mid of the night, then he screams me awake and I find he's leaked through and I have to change his jumpuit, wrap and sheet. #-o Dylan also likes his bouncer better through the day than the bassinette - he will actually doze off sometimes iin it in the loungeroom, but if he's away in his bassinette he'll only settle for 20 mins max.

Linda - I'm the same as Nikki - I actually weigh less now than before preg... I was 73 and now I'm 63 - somewhere I haven't been for 12 years!!! I am craving junk food though so I don't know how long I'll stay that way. I'm going to try and eat better and I'm starting pilates in 3 weeks as I'd love to stay thin.

Got people coming for dinner, so I'd better go and start the lasagne...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi all,

Wow, it's been busy in here! Glad to hear most of you are doing well.

Katkins, sorry you haven't been well, sounds pretty rough. Hope you're much better soon.

I have only weighed myself once since I was 16 (at my first midwife appointment whilst pregnant, 15 weeks, so NFI what my pre-preg weight was or what I am now) but I still feel much bigger than I want to... Am getting closer to fitting into my normal clothes though, I think (fingers crossed!). I'm eating quite a lot, but trying to make it mostly healthy stuff, and exercising every day too.

Donella, a meet-up sounds like it would be fun. I haven't been out much since Tamsin was born and should really make the effort to do it a bit more often!

Is anyone else using cloth nappies? My parents-in-law got us a nappy service for a few months as a present, and it's great, although we are using disposables sometimes when we go out.

Anyway, gotta go, I'm supposed to be visiting my mum Stay well everyone!

Fenella - we use disposables... my dh has a hard enough time coping with them (he even has a gas mask at the ready in case it gets too bad for him!) so I don't think he'd cope at all with cloth ones! It would be ok with a nappy wash service, but I'd hate to have to wash them myself...

Where so you live? If Bonnie wants to join us we can try to find somwhere in the middle of our locations.

Aww what about me SA girls....*cries* just kidding. I don't mind if I am not included LOL. I just intrude on to the forums being your loving admininstrator

Katkins - I have added your details

Love

Tracey - I have the exact same thing with my scar. I asked my OB about it at my check up this week and he said it is the scar tissue underneath. he said it will improve over time as i lose the weight, but dont lose too much as it can look really obvious on really skinny women. he also said after i have my last bub he will take away some of it so it will tighten up my tummy!! how cool is that? \/

Fenella, i am using disposables - having the laundry service would be great!!

Donella - wow about your weight!! well done

Linda, who's ur OB?? He sounds great and I might just have to go out of my way to use him if he will do that for me too!!

wow you girls can talk.

Kerrie - go easy on your bod, it has worked pretty hard over the last 2 years, I am sure you will reach you goal. I have never herd of that term, the witching hour, bryn definately does it at around dusk, interesting.

Dee - I found that Bryn would be insettled all day, if I tried to make him settle, so instead of putting him in his cradle, I put him in his rocker with toys and we would be happy there till he fell asleep, not that much sleeping actually happens through the day

tracey - apparentely it is ok to have them in different places, day and night, It helps with sleep association and developing a routine. eww at the nappy explosion, I have not had that happen yet, just some soak through, I am using cloth, so it will happen eventually, Bryn is having fairly regular 4hourly feeds at 1,5,9am and pm, although sometimes I put him on the boob between to settle him a bit. but he is like clock work.. well almost.

linda - yes very much so.. I think that I alone represent the whole of NSW west of the the mountains lol. My preggy weight is almost gone, I started at 55kgs, got up to 73kg and now at 59, I still feel like I am carrying alot more than 4 though

Fenella - the service would be great, what sort are you using, I am mostly using AIO fitted nappies, the square terry nappies seem soo bulky.

Has anyone looked into schools for their children yet?? we are hoping to get bryn into the local Grammar school, and I have just been told that we will need to sogn him up soon to get him in... I couldn't believe it. I had no idea.

Yeah Kerrie - I was pretty stoked when I heard that. I have been told by other women that he does it and the results are really good!

Candice - you are doing so well with your weight - well done! Looks like we are the 2 remote girls here!

As for my weight, I still have 6 kg to lose, I started weight watchers 2 weeks ago because I wanted to be able to lose the weight without affecting my milk supply. So far it is going well. I am wearing some of my normal clothes, but not all of them and the ones I wear dont fit quite like they used to LOL, but I'll get there!

^^Bekka^^ Guest

Wow what a good idea this forum is. I don't have much time to get on atm so it is mucg easier just popping in here to catch up on everyone.

Hope everyone is going well and all the bubs are settleing in. Xav has been a perfect angel. Sleeps & feeds, sleeps & feeds. Has an awake time from between 7-9pm but is quite happy to lie in his bassinette which I bring downstairs during the day, in his swing or being cuddled. He has his last feed at 10pm goes down and then wakes again at around 4am, I could not ask for anything better. I am being spoiled!!

Christmas is getting so close now is everyone ready? I am not and don't know when I will be as I can never be bothered going to the shops anymore! I took myself to the hairdresser the other day, was nice to get out by myself.

I am doing a lot better ATM - re the depression - saw my Dr., she is monitoring it closley, some days I feel fantastic and my normal self others are a real effort and I find myself really having to work at it and make a real effort to be happy. I don't know why I feel like this and cant stop it if I tried - that is the worst part I think, not feeling like you can controll your emotions.

I need to update my web page with some new pics. Linda I love all of yours. Can tell you are a pro. My brother takes photos professionally as well, need to get him over to take some shots.

Love Bek

Linda - only 6 kg's, that will take no time. I have just made sure I always have a salad in the fridge, then when i want to snack I go for that and not choccies, seems to be working so far.

bekka - your boy is spoiling you.. glad to hear your feekling better.

Bryn gets so grizzly when he is awake through the day.. I really don't know what is the best way to deal with it

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast