Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005

with jess, evenings are hell. She wakes up at around 7pm and doesn't settle again till after midnight. So now we moved the bassinette into the loungeroom and we are going to let her cry herself to sleep as nothing else seems to work. We feed, burp, cuddle, settle, burp, settle, burp, settle, top up, bath, burp, settle etc etc untill we are pulling out our hair.... So last night we finally got fed up at 1:30am and put her in the loungeroom to sleep. She cried for 10mins and fell asleep. Not a mumur till 5am when I fed her and straight back to sleep till 9am....

Kerrie - that must really being taking its toll on you - it seems to be the time of day that bubs get unsettled though. Emma is not like it every night, but if we are to have an unsettled time it is always between 7-midnight. i hope the bassinet in the loungeroom keeps working for you.

Candice - yeah, but 6kg feels like about 16 at the moment!! the salad in the fridge is a good idea. i dont really have any advice about the grizzly times through the day. when Emma gets grizzly I wrap her up, put her in the rocker and put her dummy in - in fact thats where she is right now and i am bouncing her with my foot!

Bekka - you are very lucky!!! I hope he keeps up the good behaviour for you!!

i went to a baby shower today, it was strange to think that it was me not so long ago........how things change so quickly!!!

Hi!

Well I've finally caught up with you in this new forum! Great idea!

Just short and sweet as I've been so busy with work. I've just got to keep telling myself that it will be all over after Wednesday night! So much stress. I think poor Louis is feeling it a little bit as I'm in and out a lot.

He's going pretty well though. Getting a few smiles here and there now which is exciting! He's pretty unsettled after his 4ish feed and then by 7pm I bath him and hope that he has a good nights sleep. I've started expressing for tonight already though because dh gave him 130ml at 10.30pm the other night and could have had more!! He then slept through to around 3.15am so I thought that was pretty good!

Anyway, had a quick read through and glad to see your all well.

On the weight issue I've got about 2 kg to lose to get back to pre-p/g weight but of course could lose more. So I'm 59kg at the moment, 57kg is pre p/g but would love to be about 55kg. I'm not to fussed at the moment as I have too much on my plate - after Wednesday though I'll have no excuses. I bought a dress while I was p/g that was a size 10 as something to aim for but I already fit in it - hehe!

My computer was out of action for a couple of days so it took a while to catch up with all the chatting!

Enjoy your weekends!

Kerrie - I bought Bryn one of those Fisher Price Aquariums the other day and it is wonderful It just mesmerizes him till he falls asleep, has cut our grizzle time in half, worth its weight in gold.

Linda - I agree, I think it is for me, because I still have a fair bit of loose skin on the belly, so it is very visable. The salad in the fridge is still working well, just have to remind DP not to sit the tim tams in front of it.. makes it a bit of a challange. lol at the baby shower, mine was only 6-7 weeks ago but feels like a lifetime ago.

Kris - hope this don't get too much before wednesday for you.. WOW at the 2kg's, you would have to be happy at that.

I have spent the evening at my parents for a BBQ, Has been wonderful I have 3 ladies here who between them have kept him Changed burped and cuddled all night, they actually seamed a little disapointed we he finally nodded off. lol

Wow at the Aquarium Candice! I know when I put on the mobile Louis quitens up but it never goes long enough to get him to sleep. I might look into it for xmas. My list is getting extremely long! It started out that I didn't know anything to get him and now there's too much!

Don't you love when you've got doting people around who like screaming babies! hehe. I think they always do a good job too because their relaxed about it whereas if you've already had them screaming your starting to stress out.

Unfortunately, my Mum (who lives 1/2 hour away) isn't too keen on the whole baby thing. It's really disappointing actually. I think she's just to wrapped up in her own life to really care. I usually only see her once every 2 weeks maybe for 1/2 hour or so. Oh well, I'm sure people have it worse off than me - I'm just having a little sook.

Enjoy your Sundays!

kristie that is nso sad about your mums lack of interest,i just dont understand how grandparents can be like thaT,we are the same.i dont have any parents and dhs parents are to wrapped up in there lives to care about there grand children also.they only show some sought of effort at xmas and there bdays.
    we had 2 parties last night to go to and baby girl was fantastic,she just fitted right in,i was so proud of her.
    we had pixie fotos done yesterday of the kids,i cant wait to get them back in 2 weeks,they will make great presents also for xmas.
    nikki

Hey Girls.

I've been feeling much better in last couple of days. Had heaps of help from Mum this past week. She goes home tonight - nooo!! Tristan's been good too. He only wakes up once a night. Yay. Usually it's around 3am. I feed him and he goes straight back to sleep. I want him to sleep through the night again. I need my sleep!!!!!

I've lost all my pg weight. I started at 97kg, went up to 112kg, now I'm back down to 96kg. Yay. I want to be at my pre-marriage weight (84kg) but that's just gonna take a bit more time. Weight watchers sounds like a good idea!!!

I'd love to catch up. I live in Oaklands Park, so central for us would be Adelaide. I've got a friend that would love to come too. Her bubs is 4 1/2months old.

Gotta go. Hungry again. Eat while Tristan's asleep.

Love and hugs..........................Bonnie

Kazzy Guest

Hi Everyone,

lots to catch up on.

On the weight thing - I am back to my prepregnancy weight - not through trying though - just not much of an appetite.

Eden has been doing well the last couple of days - has slept quite alot actually - I think it may be some kind of growth spurt. Eden wakes probably twice a night to be fed - usually is asleep by 8ish, wakes at 1 then maybe again just before 5am. I am happy with that as I know she is getting a good feed through the night.

Went shopping yesterday, my Mum bought Eden her ID bracelet and DH bought me a new diamond ring for having Eden!! He bought me a gold watch with diamonds in it when I had Brandan - one of those men who likes to spend money!

Evening times are definitley the times that our little ones want the company. I think that Eden sleeps so much during the day that by the erly evening she is just ready for a cuddle and some company.

Even though this is number two for me, I am still so unsure at times what to do if she wakes early or a bit anxious about whether or not she is going to settle. I shouldn't be because she has been so good - just my nature to worry though. ANyone else feel really unsure at times what to do???? Or am I the only one - Linda and Kerrie, how are you finding it weven though you already have other children?? Just curious.

Going to the hairdressers tomorrow - become naturally blonde again!! I am taking Eden with me - her first visit!!!!!

Well, signing off now. Hope that you all had a great weekend and I'll catch up on some more news soon.

Love Kazzy

Kazzy - Glad Eden is doing well. Wow on the diamond ring! I wish my dh would do something like that!!! hehe

I think most people are unsure at times what to do with their bubbas. What works one time doesn't work the next so we have to keep trying all sorts of things until something works!

I am quite anxious after each feed as to whether Louis will actually go down but I'm getting better. Usually if he doesn't though it's because of wind or something. Or sometimes he just wants a cuddle. There have also been times when I've put him back on the boob and he sucks for 1 min and is then sound asleep. I haven't created any nasty habits with anything yet which is what everyone warned me about!

Have fun at the hairdressers!

Bonnie - Glad your feeling better and are getting some help!

Nikki - It is sad - luckily dh's parents are really good and make up for it with their excitement! I got photos today as well of Louis. I went to Portrait Place. I can't believe a package costs over $600!!!! I don't think we'll be getting that. Just choosing a few here and there.

Right now dh is asleep on the couch with Louis - it looks soo cute! It also means I've nearly got the house clean!

just a quick one from me coz I have a grumpy baby girl!! I am loving the fact that we are all back together again though.

I hope all is well with you all, I will try to catch up tomorrow when I dont have DP to deal with as well as my munchkin.

Love to all!

A quick one for me too, as i have to get tea ready in time to watch celebrity overhaul LOL.

Emma had a great sleep last night - I only got up once, then she slept for 5 hours today as well!! wow!! pretty happy with that.

Kristie - wow on the size 10 dress!! \/ well done! What a shame about your Mum, glad that your DHs parents are so good though.

Candice - I am the opposite to you - when we go out I hate other people wanting to hold Emma!! I just cant stand it! But then I am a bit of a control freak, so maybe that's why....

Nikki - glad your girl was so good last night!!

Kazzy - wow a diamond ring!!! how exciting! Emma is my first, so cant help you there sorry!

Bonnie - glad you have had such a good time with your Mum, isnt it great to have that support? Good on you for losing all the weight - good luck getting back to pre marriage weight!

cindy - hope your grumpy girl gets happy soon!!

Well, this didnt end up being so short after all does it?

Kazzy Guest

Hiya,
    sorry Linda - I should have put Nikki! What a great sleep from little Emma - great girl. A five hour nap is excellent!!!!

Some of you girls are amazing with going out. I too am a bit of a control freak and like to get Eden down for a nap when she is ready for one! I am going to start to try and loosen up a little though.

What amazes me is that all of the stuff I stress about is the same stuff that I advise people on in my job!!!!!!!!! I think I really need to take a chill pill and just enjoy the moments!

Cindy - hope your grumpy girl is feeling better and giving you aomemore joy!

Krisvee - same about the anxious after a feed!! I suppose the only way we know we are doing the right thing is if our babies are eating and sleeping. Glad to hear that someone else feels the same. I only have an appetite when I know Eden is fed and sleeping - then I know she is OK and I can relax a little bit. Strange , but I was the same with my son, loosened up after a while though - like 2 years!!!!!!

Kerrie - I know how hard it is after being so active all day with a Toddler - all you want to do at night is rest and go to sleep. Sounds like Jess needed that cry time to settle herself. One night Eden was up for a couple of hours - I kept nursing her and putting her down then picking her up - in the end I think that she was just over tired and harder to settle. I wrapped her, put her in her bassinette, lay down on my bed and rocked her until she went to sleep. I am sure it is just a change in her sleep patterns and that she will learn to settle herself at this time for you so you can get that much needed rest.

Canniel - is Bryn over tired do you think?? As a general rule, my MCH nurse said to put Eden back down for a sleep within the hour. This time up included a feed, burp, play. I put Eden down at around about the hour and mos of the time she settles herself for a sleep.. Sometimes she still seems wide awake - just a ploy though. Othertimes she needs to be settled. SOme babies need more awake time than others though, Bryn sleeps well at night though doens't he??

Bekka - so glad that your boy is sleeping so well for you!! Well done!!

As for christmas, I have all my pressies on layby - just have to pick them up. Knew I wouldn;t want to go out shopping after the baby. Still just some small bits and pieces to get for DS.

Have any of you startedyour first parents groups yet???? Something to look forward to.

Bonnie - hang in there - keep talking and keep taking help!!

Well - bith kids asleep so I am off yo bed to get a quick half hour before Eden wakes up.

Happy dreams to you all and hope the sleep fairy visits your little ones when you need it the most.
    Love Kazzy

i cant remember who asked but....about being anxious even when you have already had previous children(raising my hand).every time feels like the first time,cos each child is different ,every routine is different,not to mention circumstances.i find i am most nervous when i go out with chantelle,even to do some shopping cos i am worried i will get there and she will become unsettled,hungry,do poos,scream or want to be held when i am smack bang in the middle of the grocery shopping or something like that.parenting is not easy at the best of times especially when opur babies cant tell us what they need and want.so dont worry about not feeling relaxed and experienced at this parenting stuff cos it is absolutly normal to feel quite the opposite,i have been doing this stuff for 10 years and chantelle makes me feel like it is the very first time.
    cindy great to hear from you,i wont you to pop in more often so i can hear about you and your georgous baby.
    nikki

Grrr - Louis will not go to sleep! Not happy!

When he eventually does go to sleep he better stay down for a while. It can be so frustrating and draining.....

I hope all of you have a better night!

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

No matter what we done last night, Tristan was being a little poo. What made it worse was we were at our friend's place for dinner. Tristan was crying which set their little bub off. So all four of us were sitting there with two screaming babies thinking "Noooooo. This is not happening!" Finally got him to sleep when we got home. He woke at four for feed instead of 2:30am. Then he woke when DH got up for work. Just wish he'd slept for a teeny bit longer.

Kristy - Hope Louis dropped off to sleep in the end.

Oooh. Tristan has just fallen asleep. Better have a sleep while I can.

Catch up later

Love and hugs...................Bonnie

Hi All!

Wow! Lots to catch up on...

Benjamin had his Christening yesterday. He slept through the whole thing at the church. It was a beautiful service. It was a good thing he slept, because the family kept him up by passing him around for the rest of the day, until they all went home at 2pm. My sil didn't want to give him back, now my boy has the sniffles, because her kids had colds. Benjamin sounds awful this morning. It didn't help that it was a hot day either.

In regards to the bubby fat topic - I've lost 20kgs of the 40kgs I put on so far. I think I'll have to get help with the rest.

Melissa

melissa that is a fantastic effort you should be really proud of yourself
    nikki

Thanks nikki, you've made my day

DH said I need to lose 80kgs before the next one. Nice of him huh? I told him, that if I go on a diet, he's going on one too.

Melissa

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast