Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005

Just a realy quick one from me this time to let you know that I have put some new pics on our www. The link is in my signature if you wish to have a look.
    I have even got a pic of little miss in her bathers.

Hope you are all having a great night, I am still cooking our tea so yet to relax for the day yet.

I have aquestion too - have any of you found that having your baby has made a difference to your relationship with your partner?
    I ask as we seem to not have anything to talk about anymore and have been ****ty with eachother for about a week now. Will post more about it when I have time.

well the expressed bottle seemed to do the trick.
    I had just over 5 onces in the bottle. We started to feed him at 9.00 when he got sleepy we left him for a while then bathed him. After his bath he finished off the rest and then slept from 11pm thru to 2am.
    He only woke the once during the night for a feed which was fantastic.

I have already expressed a bottle for tonight. I have put about 5 onces (150 mil) in again. I am hoping this will settle him nicely as we are going out tonight and I would hate to have him screaming at my friends party.

Cindy - I just visited your website and Victoria is absolutly gorgeous. What a cutie.

Hope everyone is doing well on this lovely friday. I cant wait for the weekend so hubby can be home with us. I get lonely at home sometimes and like for DH to see Jordan more and spend time with him.

cindy - Victoria looks gorgeous in her little swimmers! You're looking great too! DH and i are still getting on fine, i guess just less time on our hands, because he is writing reports ATM too (he's a primary teacher). i'm reaaly looking forward to holidays so he can spend more time with Em.

Tracey - Glad the bottle worked for you. hope it continues to do so.

Well I am exhausted today. Em was really unsettled last night. she seems to have a few really good nights then a few bad ones.

Hi!

Linda - bugger about the bad night. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Tracey - Good luck tonight at the party. Hopefully it works for you again.

Cindy - What a gorgeous little bubba.

Yes, my relationship has changed with dh. Obviously Louis comes first and we're both basically consumed with him. Then at night he usually goes on baby duty and I go to bed. We've had times when we're very short with each other and have had a few little spats. It usually ends up with me in tears though because I can't handle much at the moment. It's enough to deal with a baby than with a dh as well!!!
    My dh also spends a lot of time playing computer games which drives me crazy because he'll get upset if he doesn't get to play very much. Of course I'm like - I haven't had 5min to myself since Louis arrived and if I do I want to sleep! hehe.
    I think it takes a little while to adjust and I think the guys just don't fully understand how draining it can be.
    We're looking forward to some time out after xmas with some babysitters (family) so that we can reconnect a little. Dh also has 3 weeks off over christmas so that will be good also.

Anyway, better go - off soon to my first Mothers Group meeting and to see how much weight my little boofa has put on! hehe.

my god you girls can talk.
    cindy it is qiiet normal for dhs to feel a bit cranky after a new baby comes becuase all of a suuden you are not giving all your attention to him,it will get easier as they just need time to adjust,they soon realise that they are not your number 1 anymore and do get used to it,sounds like im talking about a toddler but men do feel like they are being neglected also.beleive me we have 3 kids now and my poor dh gets put to the back all the time but i make sure i still give him the passing kiss in the hall way or hold his hand if we are sitting near each other or even just tell him how much i love and appreciate him and then he feels all better.
    kcongrats on finishing a succesful concert you must be so releived that it is over you are a super woman,bet it is great to be able to spend all your time with your georgous little guy.
    bekka,where are you
    i am still hanging out to hear all about your other 3 kids hope you are ok.
    kerry,hope you are feeling a bit better,have you talked to your dr or mat nurse yet about your blues,god i am soooo glad your dh is alrightsure does put things into perspective doesnt it,bet you appreciate him more than ever now.
    linda hope your little girl lets you sleep tonight,yay on the swim,she will love it i bet.
    chantelle only woke once last night at 4.30 this morning for a feed.i have not expressed at all yet,havnt found the need to yet but thiunk i will try soon so thet dh can help if i need to go out and she gets hungry while he has her.hhmmmmm!!!!!
    we had the best day yesterday,dh has had the whole week off and we have spent sooo much money doing all our gardens,we put new instant turf down at the front and back and made all new garden beds and pavers,we also painted the driveway and fences,he also rendered the outside of the new extention,our house looks completely different and wonderful.we have decided to get chantelle a swing set for xmas,although she is a bit small now they will look great on the new back lawn and the boys will use them until she is a bit bigger,i will get one of those little tike swings for babies and attatch that so she can use it sooner.it has been really really hot here in melb but we have lots of rain and storms coming over the weekend which is good for the new grass i guess,i hate the rain.
    well i will come back later to do some more personals as i need to go back and read some more of your posts.love to you all
    nikki

Kazzy Guest

Hi Everyone,

relationship with DH - well, witht he first, I was a bit of a mess so my poor DH had to put up with alot. Having a baby does put a strain on some relationships only because you are so protective about your time -because you don;t know when you are going to get some to yourself!! Our DH's can feel a little left out or just helpless also. It does settle and in fact I think that it made my hubbie and I closer.

oops, got to go madam is stirring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi!

I had mothers group and that was good! The group seemed to get along quite well so we'll see how that pans out.

Mr Louis has put on another 770g so is now at the grand total of 4.77kg or 10.5lb!!!!!!!! So I think he's caught up a bit!

There was a little 10 day old bubba there that was bigger than Louis when born and looked so tiny!!! I can't believe how much they change in this short amount of time. It's so scary - I need to make sure I take heaps more photos!

Louis has been really good today! I think I'm beginning to work him out again for the time being. I'm sure he'll change again shortly.

Wow Nikki on your house transformation - it sounds great. My dh is a landscape gardener and our front garden is a disaster - hehe. It's the last thing he feels like doing when he gets home!

Have a great weekend! We're off to the PIL's tomorrow. It will actually be good to be away from the house as I won't potter and clean - I'll just kick back and read heaps of magazines!

I'll catch up with you all again Monday!

Wow - I don't log on for a few days and there are PAGES of stuff to catch up on!!!

I don't think I can even try to answer everyones personals...

Relationship - dh and I are going great! He had a whole month off (went back today) so we went through the learning curve together, and we make sure we still cuddle every night before going to sleep no matter how tired we are!
    We also went out on Tuesday night for dinner and a movie. I'd love to do that once a month if we can find enough gullible babysitters...

Our parents group doesn't start until the end of Jan which is annoying as I'd like to meet some new mums in my area sooner than that. Oh well. We'll be away for Christmas anyway.

Speaking of which, any progress on the meeting up? (Melbourne and Adelaide) I'm happy to arrange the Adelaide one (and yes Kathryn of course you can come!!!)

D'Oh - someone's awake...

#-o

Hi All!

Cindyb - We are having dramas here too on the relationship front.

Benjamin has me wrapped around his little finger at the moment, I melt everytime I see that smile of his.

Linda - Hope you have a better night soon.

Kristie - Yay Mr Louis on the weight gain! =D> Benjamin is becoming quite hefty. He was 6.5kgs on Monday and 61cms long. He's got the double chin thing happening ATM.

Dee - I think it's because we all have so much to say ATM.

When do bubs usually start to speak?

Melissa

Melissa - do you mean actual words or just babbling? Emma does little squeals now which i call talking, but i have no idea when actual words start - maybe 12 months? i really dont know....

Donella - glad you and DH are doing so well - what a difference that makes!

Kristie - Louis is doing so well. He was a similar weight born to Emma wasnt he? (she was 2.7kg). She is now 4.1kg. she still hasnt caught up to her cousins birth weight - he was a very big bub.

nikki - that would have been great to get all your gardens done!

Emma has had a good day, i had an arvo nap just in case i'm in for another bad night. but fingers crossed i wont!!

have a great weekend everyone. i'm off to do a wedding tomorrow...will be hard leaving Emma, but its only for a few hours, just a small wedding.

hey im trying not to biast here but look at my ticker isnt she georgous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    have put more photos in my babies on line link also
    have a great nights sleep all you clever,clever mummies
    nikki

Nikki - One word...CUTIE!

Linda - I looked in my baby book, and I started to talk at 6 months. Benjamin so much sounds like he is saying "hello" at times and both of us have heard it. We get the babbling too.

I had a hard time letting Benjamin go to his Aunts for an hour the first time, but now I have every confidence leaving him there.

Benjamin is hyped up today, won't sleep properly. I had a few too many coffees yesterday I think #-o

Melissa

wow melissa - 6 months! we'll all be in here talking about their first words in no time!

niiki - she is a real cutie

i had a hard time gatting Emma down last night - I was up until 1am (at least there was some good tv last night). but then she slept beautifully afterwards. i didnt get up till 9am (except for 2 10 minute feeds) and feel pretty good. got the wedding today so im glad i wont be too tired for it!

Linda - I suppose that's why some of us are told we can talk under water or wet cement. :smt043 I can remember my sister started early too, but you can't shut her up either. I at least, know when to stop.

Have a nice day at the wedding Linda!

Melissa

ROFL Melissa!!! I wonder if Benjamin will be the same???

Linda - I suppose boys can be like that too. I thought it was a girl thing though? My brother didn't start talking until a couple of months after we did. DH thinks we just have a smart boy on our hands.

Melissa

Hi all, sorry I haven't been around much - looks like it's been pretty busy in here anyway! Hope everyone's been going really well. It's great to hear about all your little ones and how you're all going

DH and I are doing pretty well with Tamsin (we think - haven't done it before so it's a bit hard to say for sure), but although I feel good, I haven't really felt up to doing much outside the house... I'm trying to make an effort to go out a little bit though. Tamsin is being a bit fussy with her feeding at the moment, and I am really hoping it gets better soon! Other than that she's great, generally pretty happy and definitely starting to be more active and interested in what's happening around her. It's amazing how fast she's changing!

DH and I are booked in to a new parents' group through CYH, but the earliest one they had was in January, so a while off yet unfortunately

Donella, I would love to come to a meet-up some time, and Marion sounds good (that's really close for me too). Mondays, Thursdays or Fridays are best for me, but other days are usually fine too just at the moment

Hi girls.

Jeez it's been a while since I've been online. Feels like I've missed out on heaps. Got to Kangaroo Island yesterday. Mum is over the moon. Now that I'm with Mum and Dad, I can have a rest. DH is still at home, He's having a week off from me (apparently I've been nagging a bit in the last week!!!!). I've decided to stay here for between a week or a week and a half, probably sitting at the computer most of the time because it's so boring here. Mum just wants to babysit.

I've just caought up on what's happening with you guys, so I'll have a sleep now. Sorry no personals today. Too sleepy.

Love Bonnie

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast