Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2005

Fenella - I could do this Friday or do you want to wait until Bonnie gets back from KI?

I thought most babies didn't talk until they were about 9-10 months... There may be a dada, mama or ahhh before that but no real words. My nieces and nephews didn't have much to say until then.

There's a great website (babycentre.co.uk) which has a milestone chart telling you what to expect development-wise for the first 12 months.

My parents go home tomorrow. It's been great having an extra pair of helpers, but at the same time it will be nice to have my house back!! No matter how well-intentioned they are they still disrupt my patterns and I get quite short-tempered. You know how sometimes when people try to help and it ends up making more work for you because they don't do it the way you want? Or is that just me?!?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

thats me also .
    nikki

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,

well, I have decided that my Mum and Dad need to move into my house. They came over for dinner last night (sat) and had a quick cuddle and play with Eden. I put her to bed at 5.20 pm and she went straight to sleep, then I thought that she would wake at about 8ish for another feed, I went to bed and she still hadn't woken by 9.pm so I went to sleep. I heard her stirring and got up to feed her and it was 1am!!!!!!!! 8 hours later. I fed her and thought great, now she will be up all night, but she went back to sleep for another 4 hours, got up for another feed at 6 am and went back down again for 3 more hours. Couldn't believe it. Mum says she had a word to her before she went so my parents are being forced to move inwith me and DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Until she is 3 yrs anyway!!!

Will never happen again, but just had to share what happened. I was very proud of my little Princess!

Can I ask, the mums who talk about 'dreamfeeds' what are they and where did you hear about them.

Thanks Dee for the website, I will have to check it out. I am the opposite with my parents. They live really close and I see my Mum just about every day. We are very alike, so get along extreemly well. Sometimes we step on each others toes, but very rarely. It is good that you will have some space to yurself though, gret also to have the help when needed.

Fenella - great to hear that Tamsin is going well, I know what you mean about going out., I get so tired looking after my three year old and trying to keep him occupied, that the thought of going out sometimes makes me want to rest before I even get out. DH looked after our son today and I went shopping with Eden. She gets so over tired after shopping and can be alitlle hard to settle after being overstimulated. She may still be a little too young to handle all the goings on I think.

Krisvee, glad you enjoyed your Mums group. I love my group and it is great to see the kids grow up together!. Breaks up the week too going to other peoples houses. Those of us who went back to work in my group, went back part time and negotiated our hours so that we could still meet on a Wed!!!! Talk about priorities!!! Still doing it three and a half years later.

Nikki - post some photos of your garden, it sound great. Need some inspiration for my own!! And, yes you have a very beautiful babe - very spunky!! i will have to get clever and figure out how to do photos too!

Melissa - those smiles are great aren't they. Eden hasn't given many yet - mostly to my Mum. I am sure she will share more as time goes on.

Linda - hope the wedding went OK. Is Emma taking the bottle while you are gone??

Bonnie - you have a great rest and lap up the attention - you are very lucky,but deserving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry if I misses anyone, feel like I have written a novel!!

Love to all the bambinos (and their mummies)

Kazzy

Hi Kazzy, wow about the sleep last night!!! Well done Eden!! I would want my folks to move in too if that was the result! maybe it will continue!!

donella - hope you are enjoying having your house back!

bonnie - good to hear from you! Have a great time at your Mum and Dad's! I guess we will be hearing more of you if you have extra helpers and extra time on your hands!

Fenella, glad to hear all seems to be going well for you. I am going out a lot less than I expected too, it is just a lot harder to 2nd guess when Emma is going to want her next feed etc....

The wedding went well, it was strange to be so focused on something other than Emma for a few hours! I left a bottle of EBM with DH, I was gone 3 hours. She had been asleep for about an hour before I left. By the time I finished my BBs were so sore and full they were hurting!! I got home and Emma hadnt woken at all!!! So DH got it very easy!! Then I just sat down to dinner and.......she woke!! LOL hows that for timing!! But I was relieved cause my BBs really were starting to hurt! In fact, I think I got a blocked duct. After she fed, it was still hard but just in one spot, like a big lump. It felt like a really painful bruise. So I massaged it in the shower and then when she fed on that side again. Today it is much better, so thats good. I am so scared of getting mastitis!

Hope you all had good weekends! Kristie I hope you had a really relaxing one - you deserve it!!

Hi girls.

Last night was a tester. Tristan had Grumpyman syndrome again and wouldn't settle. Poo. I thought I'd take him for a walk around the block. Got him in the pram and wheeled him to the end of the driveway and bam, asleep. Cool. Then I thought, should I go back in the house. Then I remembered that Dad had been nagging me all day to go for a walk, so I kept going and walked to my Nanna's house. Nanna and Poppa were happy to see him.

When we got home I had tea and he started screaming again - nightmare!!! Finally settled him though. He slept from about 9:30pm until 1:30am, had a feed and a change, went back to sleep around 2:15am then woke at 7am. Yay.

I don't know if I'll be back during the week or on the weekend Dee and Fenella. I can do next week to meet up with you guys if you like.

Oh Kazzy. Don't you love it when that happens!! The longest Tristan has slept straight for was 7 hours. Can't wait for that to happen again!! Hopfully that's not a long way off.

Bummer about the blocked duct Linda. I haven't had any blockages yet (Touch wood - head!!). Whenever i have a shower, I squeeze milk out each side so they're not so tender. I'm scared of getting mastitis too. My friend had mastitis, a cracked nipple and thrush on her bbs. Too much!! She's ok now.

Went shopping at the local supermarket on Saturday. I priced some Huggies infants just incase i run out of nappies while I'm here. $20 for a pack of 32!!!! Are they joking?!!! I almost had a heart attack. Hopefully the pharmacy has them cheaper. I'm so glad i got nappies before I came over.

I gotta go. Dad's paving and I thought I might give it a go too.

Speak to you guys soon......................Love Bonnie

Hi!

Well, we had a good weekend. It was nice to be out of the house therefore not doing housework! hehe.
    The only bad thing was that Louis slept in our room and I had the worst nights sleep ever! He was really restless so we were kept up with his noises - grrr.
    Also, he was basically cuddled all day so I had a really bad night last night trying to settle him in his cot. Grrr. The most sleep I got in a row was this morning and it was just over an hour. I'm so not used to it. I think I've been spoiled with his night sleeps until now. I'm hoping we can quickly get him back in his routine. Sometimes I'm ready to throw myself in front of a truck when he doesn't settle! I think the more tired I am the less I can handle - I feel really guilty sometimes if I'm cranky though. Do you guys feel like that sometimes?

I've told dh that from now on people can only cuddle him and play with him when he's awake. Otherwise it's too disruptive. Does that sound wrong???

Melissa - I'm not sure when they speak. Not soon enough! hehe.

Linda - Hope you had fun at the wedding.

Kazzy - wow on the sleep - I'm so jealous - you must feel great!

Just a quick one - I have heaps of stuff to catch up on from being away!

I hope you're all going well!

Kristie - DOnt feel bad about getting cranky. I too get cranky when I am tired and Jordan wont settle. I think it is just a natural reaction. In these times I wake Dh up and ask him to settle him. I think bubs can pick up we are fed up and therefore wont settle. As DH is more relaxed he seems to settle in couple minutes.

I too think if Jordan is asleep people cannot cuddle. I dont want his sleep interupted as this will only mean that his feeding routine gets thrown out the window.

Bonnie - LOL with the pram. We take Jordan out in pram sometimes if he wont settle. Didnt work the other day. DH said he screamed the entire walk. Oh well, anything is worth a try.

Linda - glad to see that you enjoyed the wedding.

Kazzy - congrats on the great sleep. I am under the beleif now that 4 hrs straight is a god send. anything else would be a bonus.

Jordan has been great since we started giving him EBM in a bottle of a night time. We give him a bath and then bottle and he settles really well. He is having more awake time now, normally of an evening after his 6-7pm feed. He generally now stays awake till his next feed.

Mum made dinner for us last night. Was great to have someone cook and clean up afterwards. I dont think we will be knocking back any dinner invites again. It is so nice to be looked after after looking watching Jordan all day. It is a little pampering I think.

Hope you ladies are having a nice monday morning. So far mine has consisted of washing, washing and more washing. I didnt do any on weekend so now suffering for it. Oh well I have all day so cant complain.

Speak to you all later, Hugs to bubs.

Tracey - Yep I agree - I woke dh up 15min early for work today so he could settle him and he did it easily!

I love the pram - Louis pretty much settles every time in it!

If Louis has a feed under 3 hours he never feeds or sleeps as well. I really try and stretch him out now. I know he's definitley not going hungry he's put on so much weight! If he hangs out to 4 hours he always has a big feed and then a big sleep. Dh gives an expressed bottle some nights at around 10.30 (dream feed - did someone ask what that was?? - It just means that you don't wake them for a feed, you just sneakily give it to them with the least amount of fuss) and Louis always sleeps better after that. I think he drinks it easier from the bottle and therefore has more and sleeps longer.

I let Louis stay up until he starts to get cranky and then straight to bed. I love getting lots of smiles though now and sometimes overtire him a little I think.

I'm with you on the washing. It's amazing how quickly it accumulates! Because we went away I've also got to do food shopping. I'll wait until dh comes home to do it though - its so much easier than carting bubba around.

Linda - glad your wedding went well. I have one this Sat (I play in a String Quartet so I only have to do the ceremony) and DH is working so my SIL is going to babysit.

Kristie - I don't let people cuddle Dylan when it's sleep time, he gets too grumpy afterwards.

That said though, he still doesn't really sleep through the day anyway. He has catnaps from 8am till 4pm then finally decides to have a proper sleep again.

Speaking of which - it's my turn to amuse him while dh has a shower... #-o

omg what a rotten last couple of days,FRUSTRATED YES,chantelle has been unbearable,she has got something wrong with her and i cant work it out,she has been absolutly miserable,she has been doing green poo every hour and crying all the time,not sleeping at all and seems to be in real pain.
    i bought some baby panadol today and came accross some st6 formula for babies with reflux,she has been doing alot of spews after each feed so i gave in and bought some,i gave her 120 ml today and she had a fairly settled afternoon thank god.i dont know if it was just coincidance or not.i have decided i will give it to her every second feed for now to see if i can tell the difference in her behaivior agianst one another.i definantly dont want to put her on the bottle as i love breast feeding so will just see how i go.i have felt very guilty about getting cranky but i swear i could not just smile through it all the past 24 hours as it was hell.she is asleep at the moment so have found a few minutes to pop in.i hate not knowing what is wrong as i am trying to eliminate the possibilities and it is very tiring.

NOW WHO IS COMING TO THE MEET UP IN MELB
    i need to get a confirmation from those interested
    december 27th
    indoor play centre ,city bound.
    please just let me know so i can organise something,if there are only a couple of us i will be happy to just have it at my hopuse so please get typing and let me know asap.
    gotta go she is crying again....ggrrrrrr
    nikki

OMG Nikki - I am having the same problem with Louis - except the poos. He's constantly waking up and won't let us put him down. I have had hardly any sleep. He goes to sleep for a little while in his bouncer if we rock him to sleep. He cries out and sounds like he's in pain. I'm sooo tired. We were both crying this afternoon!

Everyone told me it would start getting easier after 6 weeks and this is way harder than it has ever been.

I really don't know what to do.

ohhh kristie it is awful isnt it,it is supposed to get easier,but maybe there is something wrong with our bunddles maybe we should get them checked for colic or lactose intolerence or other things,it isnt right that they should be always unsettled and in pain.
    nikki

You feel so helpless. Well, I'm off to bed as dh is going to give him a bottle later, so hopefully I should get a few hours sleep!

Sending good sleep vibes for the both of us tonight. There is nothing worse than getting up every 30min!

Nikki & Kristie - Benjamin is having the same problem at the moment. He won't go to sleep unless one of us are there with him. He's become attached to his dummy! He also grabs hold of whatever is with him, including mummy, daddy or his bed sheet. He's becoming very clingy again. I think it's a security thing, because I've noticed that he takes a peek to see if we are still there (if he's not fully asleep). If we are there he goes back to sleep, if not, he cries out suddenly like he's hurt. I suppose, that's one way of getting us there pronto.

We did some more Benjamin Christmas shopping today. Of course I was one of the parents playing with all the toys, including DH. There are some really nice things on the market to keep them amused, but I think we'll be purchasing clothes again before too long.

Linda - Glad the wedding went well. My sil says the same thing. I leave Benjamin with her, and he sleeps the whole time until I walk in the house again.

Melissa

Just a quick one from me too. how uncanny - Emma has had a shocker todat too. I can honestly say it makes me feel a lot better to know i am not the only one going through this right now. the worst thing you can hear about when your bub is unsettled is how good 'so and so's' baby is!! im just glad im not the only one!!

hi all, so much has happened since I last came in. Jess went to hosp (with me by her bed for two days +) as she developed a high temp and they couldn't find anything wrong. They did test after test after test and put it down to the tummy bug we had. She slept a lot in there but the last night I knew she was feeling better as she started her "I don't want to sleep" thing and the nurse helped me settle her as I'd had stuff all sleep. We had Kat's birthday party the day after Jess and I were released from hosp and then DH and I spent yesterday running around getting everything for his trip OS for business (as always it was dropped on us last minute and he left this morning....woke up 4am to drive him to airport...after jess had me up at 2am!). MIL and FIL are staying to help me till friday and DH comes home Sat evening so.
    We had a blue before he went...well he blew up at me as usual over nothing and blamed me for not being able to find stuff when I hadn't touched it. He apologised later, but that doesn't magically make it better and I am still hurt about his whole attitude towards me. I feel like I'm always getting told off for small stuff or for stuff I haven't done just because he's stressed. I don't deserve it and am resenting it more and more. It's gotten to the point I have been dreaming I scream at him calling him every name under the sun and then I take the kids and leave him. I have even considered doing just that.....but I know he loves me and I know he doesn't mean it and I love him and I wouldn't deprive him of his kids cause he loves them too much so I tell him how I feel and yet he still doesn't quite realise how close he comes to losing me every time he yells at me for nothing....
    I wish men realised that saying sorry doesn't take away the hurt.....

Sorry about the ranting....I jsut feel like I needed to vent. I love him so much, but sometimes, I don't LIKE him. I'm weird huh?!

Anyway, jess does the same thing, won't sleep unless she's exhausted or we are nursing her. She wakes herself up to see if we are still there and she's just HELL to settle at times. She falls asleep in our arms and as soon as we put her down she wakes up. So we started the controlled crying and it seems to be working slowly.... She too grabs hold of everything as if it's going to be taken away....dummy, my skin, my hair, her face......should see the marks we all have from her little nails!!!

Kat's doing well.....but is starting tantrums cause jess takes a some of my attention, but I give Kat heaps of love and one on one time and I ignore her tanrtums (sometimes she will bite me if I ignore her cause she wants my attention that bad, of course we tell her off). SHe loves Jess, has even started saying "ESS" which is cute, but she's still trying to adjust to having another baby around. All in all she's doing well...

Anyway, better get to sleep, will have jess waking me sooner or later.

Kisses to the bubs and hugs to the stressed mums!!!!

oh kerrie - you poor thing! you have had a rough week havent you. to you. that must have been so tough in the hospital. i hope your DH realises how much you are doing ATM.

i have my 6 week check at the drs tomorrow so i will get chantelle checked also to see if he can find anything that might be bothering her,i am starting to think that she might have colic as she is always pulling her legs up in pain and seems to be really hurting.she is driving me crazy at the moment.i get really frustrated and then look at her and think gosh i try and imagine how she must be feeeling.poor thing.
    kerry men are bloody hopless at times and can be sooo selfish and inconsiderate to us.it is just in them and they dont realise how hard everything is for us,my dh can be the same and yes i sometimes dont like him either,i always love him but sometimes cant stand him.
    nikki

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast