Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October 2005

I think all our babes are just going through the yukky phase that hits around 6 weeks. Everyone i know with babies says 6 weeks is a bad time (some call it growth spurts) but then after about 8 weeks they settle down. Dylan didn't sleep at all for 12 hours straight yesterday, but then was so exhausted he slept for 7 1/2 hours straight last night! It was great but my poor bbs were sooo full and sore this morning! I know I should have given him a dream feed over night but I was so scared of waking him and not being able to settle him again...

Kerrie - what an awful time you've had. How long is your dh going to be away? Perhaps when he gets back you can tell him how you've been feeling. It's one thinkg to say he acts like that because he's stressed, but SO ARE YOU! He really needs to get that fact or you're going to get to the point you can't cope with it anymore. You might not like the idea, but have you thought about going to a counsellor together just to talk things through. I'm just worried about the dreams you've been having re leaving him as I'm a big believer in dreams...

Very cute about Kat trying to say Jess!

Nikki - I have my 6 week appt on Thursday. Hope yours goes well.

Oh - and Nikki count me in for the 27th Dec... \/

Kazzy Guest

Hi All,
    so sorry to hear about the babies being unsettled - probably be my turn next!!

Nikki - as for the green poos - Edens are green most of the time, so Chantelle may not be unwell. 6 weeks is a testing time as this is supposed to be one of the growth spurt times.

Kerrie - sorry to hear about Jess. I think that we should all take a vote and decide that you have had your lot - no more sicknesses for you!!!! It is time that you had some smooth times. HUGE vibes to you. Bummer about DH going OS.. I bet you wish it was you! It is hard at the moment, take advantage of having the PIL over.

Better go - my Mum is giving Eden a bottle of EBM to see how she goes as DH and I are taking Brandan to the Wiggles and don't really want to take Eden so I am trying to get ther used to the bottle. I will post more later.

Love to you all - and I hope that these rough patches are only short term for us all.

Kazzy

Ladies I know how you are feeling as Jordan has had an unsettled night and this morning he keeps waking from his sleep in pain like he has wind.
    He has let out some rippa farts in his sleep so hoping that it all it was.
    SPeaking of green poo, I noticed a few green poos yesterday....seems they are all going thru same stage.

I have his 4 week check up on thursday so will see how he is going. I am pretty sure he is still gaining weight.

I tried to express his bottle this morning and only got 2 ounces.... i will have to have a nap and heaps of fluid to bring supply up as need atleast 5 ounces to settle him of a night time.

hope today is better for everyone and babies settle a little easier.

Nikki- wont be able to make catch up as BIL is down from perth for couple days and will be spending most time with him. He has only seen Jordan for 2 days when he was born and then left for Perth. Maybe we can catch up someother time as we live pretty close.

sounds good tracey i am going to hold you to that
    nikki

I have just updated Emma's website if you want to have a squizz.....

weighed Jess and Kat today and almost fell over backwards! Jess has put on 1kg from 8th Nov till today 29th! and poor Kat has only put on 50gms! Yet Kat's still eating well etc....I know they slow growth after the first yr and I'm not too worried. If it continues I might start to worry a little....but for now. I'm just shocked about Jess!!! She's starting to settle well now which is good....she just LOVES having a full tummy to the point that she won't go to sleep unless she's full.... oh well, we do what we have to atm to get some quiet time hey?

Better run....MIL is giving Kat her fruit and she plays up if I'm not there.

Hugs to all!!!

hey girls,just had dr appointment.i checked out well,scar is good etc,i was suprised he didnt ask if i was due for a pap smear?????
    chantelle was fine also,he said to be patient and that she is going theough a groth spurt,he told me to give her the s26 reflux formula before bed to help settle her apart from that he said she will settle down agian within the next couple of days
    nikki

Hi!

Well I must say Louis is back to normal - Thank god!!! I had a great night sleep (5 hours in a row because dh fed at night - thats the most I've had in a row since I had him!) but then couldn't get back to sleep - my body must have been in shock for having all that sleep. So actually only totalled 6.5h for the night.

Louis has been pretty good today - he even had a sleep for 3 hours!! So I'm feeling very refreshed. We've had lots of smiles and playtime today which has been fun also!

Nikki - I had a pap smear at my 6w check up. It was a bit early but I thought while she was down there - hehe.
    That's great to hear Chantelle is fine. I'm sure all our bubbas are just going through growth spurts and things. It just makes life quite unbearable if we don't know whats wrong.

Kerrie - Wow on the weight gain! That's great. Sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital. Sorry to hear about dh as well. Just make sure you don't put up with anything you don't have to. I hate it when some people think they can get away with speaking terribly to others because its "easy". Put your foot down as you should expect to be treated well. Sorry if it's sounds harsh but it really upsets me...I know you love your husband but he should make you feel good and special - especially when you have so much on your plate at the moment.

Tracey - Same - Louis does some great farts! It's so funny sometimes when it's all quiet. He woke himself up this morning with farts and a big poo and I thought I would quietly change him and put him back to bed but he just started smiling and wanting to play so...

Hope you're all well and bubbas aren't giving you too much trouble!

Just going to add that I'm off to my ante-natal class reunion night tonight. I'm so excited to see everyones little babies and hear their stories! All the girls were due in October so I'll see if they all arrived on time as well.

Kazzy Guest

Hi Again,

Nikki - would love to catch up on the 27th but I am a woos and hate driving in Melb - maybe if you let me know where it is going to be I may get enough courage to go............. would love to catch up..........

Kerrie - that weight gain is amazing - you are doing a fantastic job under difficult circumstances. Imagine how cruisey things are going to feel to you once things settle down!

I am glad to hear that the bubbas are starting to settle down a bit. Eden has her off times also and it can be difficult to understand - it is so much easier when they can tell you what is wrong.

I spoke to a nurse from Tweddle sleep school this morning about how to teach Eden to put herself to sleep and if she was too young to understand. She basically just told me to, Feed, Interact, then place her down in her bassinette awake. Wait 20 - 30 secs, if she cries go in and gently comfort her. Stop the comfort as soon as she is quiet and leave the room again. Just keep repeating the same steps until she settles herself. Eden has been a great self settler, but I think that because she is becoming more alert, it may be time for a little bit of protesting from her.
    One of the hard things is that because she is such a great girl, shen she is a little unsettled, I tend to flounder and not know what to do. Have to start to read her signs better and try and understand where she is coming from. We will get to know each other better as time goes on.

I am off to bed, I think Eden is about to wake, so love to you and your babies and I hope you all have a great rest -(sleep)

Kazzy

Just locking this thread girls and creating another

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678