Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #5

Morning girls.

Last nights concert was really good 'cept I got a phone call 2 hours prior requesting I do a speech !! I am the president of their council. I had it all worked out in my head of what I wanted to say only to get up there and find out I had to talk into a mic. I have a huge huge mic phobia. I wont even use walkie talkies, of course the telephone is fine LMAO. So it felt like I stuffed the whole thing up and stumbled my way through it.

Andrew filmed it and I watched it back this morning and I didn't do too badly actually. Only 1 line I totally stuffed up and one part I stopped speaking suddenly cause the director next to me said something to a parent in the crowd and that put me off.

I asked her if I could print the speech off and the director said "nah there is no need to do that it only has to be a couple of lines" Now I wish I had. Oh well, it wasn't as bad as what it felt like at the time.

Kameron did really really well in the concert. I thought he wouldn't sit up on the stage with the other kids but he did. The present they made was like a door hanger thing and he drew a car on it and wrote his name on the back, so we are going to put a small nail in the wall in our bedroom and hang it up high so the other kids can't get it.

Now onto Ashton LOL. I think he didn't do too badly last night .. maybe 3hrly?!?! I am only not sure cause I was basically awake all night beating myself up about stuffing my speech

Love

Hugs to Emma and Belinda!

Emma, it's a good idea to talk to the mw, I'm sure it will make you feel better. But it doesn't sound like PND to me. You are enjoying motherhood and seem to be coping very well. It is easy to have "moments". At Gaby's age you are still dealing with hormones that haven't completely left your body yet as well as lack of sleep so it's natural that emotions are exaggerated. I think we have all at some point got to the stage where we've done something we can't believe we've done. I'm sure you'd never hurt Gaby and in a few weeks your emotions should have settled down.

Belinda, I really hope you are feeling better soon. I think you are doing an amazing job coping with 3 boys - I'm finding 2 a real handful!

Kate, how awful for you and Rylee. How unlucky can you be with her having colic and reflux. Did Kelsey have the colic too? Tom has had some colic but it has settled heaps now and I think most kids grow out of it by about 3 months, so hopefully that pain will be gone soon. I've tried a few different lots of colic drops for Tom and the one I think has worked best for him is the Marina formula. But I think that different bubs respond to different ones so Rylee might be totally different. Anyway, I really hope it gets better for you soon. How are you managing with so much stress and so little sleep? Hugs to you too!

Kathryn, sounds like the concert went well. Good on Kameron. I'm sure your speech went very well, we are our own harshest critics! How do manage to fit in being Council President and have 3 boys??

Marion, I hope Kirsten's skins problems aren't too bad. At least over there they won't be worsened by heat LOL! They can grow out of it so she mightn't have it for much longer fingers crossed.

Ally, glad the cream has helped. What a great sleeper she is! Lucky you!!

Kirsty, hugs to you too! Lots of hugs today LOL! I hope Jas was fine after the big poo. Got to love those big poos! Jack has only ever had 3 poos that leaked out of nappies but Tom has done more than I can count already and he's only 10 weeks old LOL!!

We had a great day yesterday. Tom was so good. Last night I went to our local ABA Xmas dinner. Only 10 people came but it was good to catch up with them. It was a late night as the power went out just after we got there and we couldn't order for an hour. I took Tom and DH stayed home with Jack. Tom woke up while we were there but he didn't cry, he was so good. When we got home he slept for 3 hours and then woke every 2 hours - ouch! That's what I get for disrupting his routine!!

This morning is Jack's Xmas party at day care. He will see Santa for the third time. He already loves getting presents! LOL!

Emma - it just started this week..it has been pretty cold and windy here so i think that made the skin on her face worse..luckily so far its manageable with lots of E45...Sounds like your "losing the plot" was very minor, you are coping amazingly well...I am coping much less well than you I think, I definitely have a touch of PND I'm sure, but its getting better. Still can't cope too well with her crying and tend to shout for my hubby to come and help!

It's been a weird sort of day here..was at the breastfeeding clinic today and Kirsten latched on and fed using a nipple shield for the first time, it was wonderful. Then she came home and breastfed for two hours..but then she seemed to lose her grip and got into a panic and started screaming and wouldn't latch on again..so she spent the evening upset and hungry, although I did express and give her a bottle.

So not sure how much I should persevere as she is happy and content taking expressed milk from a bottle, and screaming on and off when I try to breastfeed her. It would be so much easier for me though.

I just have to keep reminding myself that she isn't really upset when crying but just telling me she wants some food..she calms down the minute she is fed!

I must get round to personals soon..I am very impressed by those of you who find the time, I am just perpetually frazzled at the moment!!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; December 6th, 2006 at 08:54 AM.

Don't worry Marion, it will get easier. I hope the bfing works for you, it would be much easier than expressing. It should get easier as she gets bigger. Jack only fed with nipple shields for the first 3 or 4 weeks due to a tongue-tie, then when it was snipped he had to learn how to attach without the shields. As their mouths get bigger it definitely gets easier so it's probably worth perservering.

Kathryn, how's the TT going? I think we will have to start it properly very soon. Jack is peeing in the toilet once or twice most days and sometimes says "did poo" when he dirties his nappy. Yesterday I had his pants off for his aftenoon nap as it was hot and when he got up he took his nappy completely off. I just worry about taking that next step and putting undies on him as he's not even two yet.

Melanie - Thanks, it definitely has improved as she has grown bigger. Her mouth is only just now big enough to handle the nipple shields, and is still too small to fit enough of the breast in her mouth. So I will keep trying!

Kate - I'm glad Rylee has improved. Reflux must be horrible. Kirsten is only sick about once every week or two and that is bad enough to deal with!!

Kate: Glad to hear your night was better

Emma: I hope all is ok with you now and you have a better day today

Melanie: Thanks for what you said to me

Marion: i know what you mean about frazzled, i get in here to read most days but then i usually cant post as Mason is here helping me type or someone wakes up lol

Christy: Sounds like you did great with the speech and well done for overcoming your fears

Having a good day today so far, although can hear Cooper now, i keep typing this in shifts lol
    Might go get some stuff done while they are kinda sleeping

Belinda - I have to laugh at you getting me and Christy confused all the time

Kate - I am fine talking to small groups. Have to do it once a term for our information days about the kindergarten. But last night there was over 100 people there :eek: I said I will be more prepared next year

Melanie - I wont tell you about the other stuff I do then on top of governing council president and looking after 3 boys It keeps me busy and majority of it the boys can be involved as well or go with me so that helps. As for the toilet training haven't really tried again yet. I think once the school holidays start in 2wks I will get stuck into it.

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Had an awful night. Even after the huge poo Jazz did she was still really unsettled. We were up 3 hourly but it was soooo hard to get her back to sleep and when on the bottle she'd get distressed and upset, guessing it was wind pains or an upset belly again. Shes fast asleep now though cause we've been out all morning! We had our 6 week check up together. Shes now 4.65kg so thats a 1.25kg difference since birth. I'm happy with that LOL. They commented on her head control to, I didn't tell them that shes a belly sleeper thats why its so good. And me, the doc checked my 2 c/s scars, had a feel around and all is well...yay! Can now hit the gym, although I'm not allowed to do any tummy excercises yet as my uterus is still considered high risk so I have to be careful. Typical its the only real problem spot at the moment!ROFL! Also I'm seeing them about my gallbladder next week, so happy there again!

ETA FOrgot to add............Emma- I also get frustrated and then wonder why I acted that way with Jasmine to( I walk away and scream...quite often LOL). I don't have PND its just plain old frustration!! Its so easy to get upset and angry when we don't get much sleep. I lose my temper with Gemma to and regret it later. Its horrible to lose your cool with kids but its does happen. Like Melanie said, it happens.

Gemma's daycare xmas party is also today but starts at 4.30pm. Corey's meeting me there. Gem's going to be soooo excited, although I expect tears when she sees santa.PMSL.
    Last edited by Kirsty77; December 6th, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

Kathryn: just realised myself when i got the email notification that i had mixed you up, thought Christy has girls oops, remembered you mentioning Ashton, sorry girls

Kirsty: Sorry to hear your night was so bad, and glad you will be seeing about your gall bladder soon

Emma: Yes sounded like just a really bad day, i had one myself yesterday, as long as everyday isnt that bad then i think its ok

Kirsty77 Guest

Have you girls noticed that many of us have bad days on the same day!LOL!

haha its either that or we read about someone elses bad day and end up adding our story to it as well

LMAO. I am having a bad day today, but I am just very tired and I have two over tired boys as well as they were both up late last night and then up early this morning ready for kindy/playgroup........ BUT........... I can sleep in tomorrow morning !!!!!!

Andrew has to do an emergency 4 day afternoon shift, so he will start at 2.30pm as from tomorrow and work till 10.30pm. So my night will be hell tomorrow night but I will get to sleep in as Andrew will be home. YAY. So I can sleep in tomorrow, friday, monday and tuesday

Love

Woohoo to the sleep in Kathryn (even double checked the name this time lol)

And i have had a pretty good day, Cooper is ok, unsettled and a lot of bottom end pains but otherwise ok, we walked to shops today for something to do and i even sat down at a cafe and ate, felt good that i did it

Charlie has had a good couple of days. Although he has started spewing heaps again. Even more so now. He will chuck up like half the bottle most feeds. Not sure how to stop it. Doesn't seem to hurt him so it's not acidic.

He's growing up heaps. And he is so strong. sometimes he'll be laying in my arms and then he'll list the top half of his body to nearly sitting! He'll be having his 2mth needles sometime next week. Poor thing, i hate them.

We have Lily's 2nd birthday party on Saturday(her b'day is on Monday) She is growing up too fast.

After searching for the last 2 days for a puppy(unsuccessfully). We decided to buy Lily a pet rabbit today. He is an Albino and has huge floppy ears. He has the most gorgeous bright pink eyes! Lily calles him Moo-Moo. We decided to have his proper name as Morris.

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow. So very tired!

Kirsty - LOL, Jazz weighs exactly the same as Tom did at his 6 week check up! I have also noticed that often a lot of us have the same things happen at the same time. The other day 3 of us had bad headaches on the same day! Spooky!!

Belinda, the cafe sounds really nice. We all need a treat every now and then!

Kathryn, I hope you really enjoy your sleep ins you lucky things. I could really do with one myself!

Emma, so glad to hear you are having a better day.

LOL Jack was so keen to see Santa at his day care Xmas party that he didn't wait his turn! He ran up and stood next to Santa to get his present! Most of the other kids cried! This was Jack's 3rd time seeing Santa this year. I'm so glad I got him used to Santa at the shopping centre first so I could photos at the two Xmas parties.

Emma, LOL, apparently when women live together the pheromones (sp?) cause their menstrual cycles to synchronise so they get periods at the same time. Weird huh! Good luck for the jabs. I think the worst one is the 12 months one - there are 3 and they are old enough to know what's going on. But at the time, the 2 month ones seem the worst (3 also) as it is the first! There will be tears but they won't last long!

Tegan, just saw your post, we must have cross-posted last night. The bunny sounds so cute. I hope the birthday party goes well, doesn't the time fly. Jack's 2 in Feb and I'm already thinking about what to do for his party.

Tom had a really unsettled day yesterday and today looks like being the same. Not too bad overnight though, waking every 2 - 3 hours. He can do better but after yesterday I was expecting worse.

I am so tired. I hope this is the reason that my brain had gone back to it's very worst and I am teary again. Yesterday I was half way through putting a nappy on Tom before I realised it was Jack's nappy! I hope it's becuase I am so tired because I'm scared of the alternative reason - this is just like I was when pg! I would really love another one although we haven't decided definitely to do it yet, but this would really be too soon. Can you imagine being pg with a 10 wk old and an under 2? And then have 3 kids 2.5 and under?? Uh oh!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

We had a mixed kind of night. Jamsine has a bottle at 8.30pm and slept till 2.30am which is fantasic BUT it then took me 1.5 hours to get her back to sleep!! Then she slept till 7.30am with me in our bed! It was horrible though as I had one of those nights where I was just sooo tired and when I couldn't resettle her I just cried..........big baby that I am!

Gemma's xmas party was great....she fell asleep in the car at 5.30pm and slept right through the night with no dinner only had 2 lollipops at the party LOL and woke at 5.30am and Corey got up with her thankfully and let me sleep. She's in daycare again today. Shes so much better with daycare and assosciates the word with the actual centre.....they do grow up to fast!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Thanks Emma. Can't believe I lost it like that........guess I'm a bit more tired than I thought!LOL!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast