Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #5

Default Babies Born October 2006 #5

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Old thread can be found here

Love

Emma, it was the first really big smile i caught on camera. He's not a very smiley baby but today he was smiling heaps and i got like 4 different smiley pics! Too cute.

I have been so busy today, the days are just flying by, before i know it they will be at school! Really not in as much rush for Cooper to get older as i was with Mason, more into babies this time around, seems like he just keeps getting bigger everytime i look at him though!

Kirsty: LOL at the quick clean up before inspection, i have been tempted in the past to tell them someone broke in so i dont have to do it lol, turns out it was more a maintenence inspection to see what needed doing around the place

I am so annoyed, i got out today with Luke to finish up christmas shopping and bought my parents a digital camera printer bundle from target, get it home and it was missing the camera case! so now i have to go back again to exchange it! gggrrrrr

I have spent so much money this year its not funny, going to feel the effects of it all very soon i am sure, glad i am just about finished, only MIL birthday and xmas to go

I reckon i've spent too much this year too! But i am a shop-a-holic. I've got Lily's and Charlie's xmas, plus Lily's birthday is in 10 days. Still need to buy something from Santa to Lily. Plus our car rego is due soon and then we are going away on boxing day, so more money to spend. It never ends! I'm just glad Jacob is going into the air force next February, we will be so much more better off.

Hi Girls

We had a good night last night. I woke Ashton up at 10.30pm and fed him, and then put him to bed. He never stirred again till 2.30am where he fed till 3am, and then he woke again about 5.45am so I got him up and put him into our bed cause i knew Lachlan would be be up 15 mins later (which he was) So only up once through the night to him.

Speaking of Santa - Must go and get his xmas photo done with Santa this week. We saw Santa walking thru the shops last night and Kameron hid, but Lachlan was a bit curious, but don't think he will go to him for a photo. Ashton knows no different LOL

Love

aaargh the growth spurt has started again...she fed constantly today between about 6am and 6pm with the odd 15-30 min nap in between..i got so tired i kept crying...she is asleep now so we can relax, which is nice....

We had another good night. Tom woke an extra time but didn't need a feed, just a resettle so that's not too bad. I think his legs were still a bit sore from the jabs poor kid. It doesn't get any easier taking child no 2 to be jabbed!! And Jack slept until 8am again! Poor thing was so tired after day care yesterday.

I have also sat with a crying baby in my arms and cried. I'm pretty sure I did with Jack too and he didn't even cry often. I'm sure a good part of it is still those pesky hormones making us emotional. It does seem to ease after a few weeks.

I have barely started Xmas shopping. I have Jack and Tom's pressies and that's it. Jack must have been very good this year, Santa has got him a swing set and slide. He will absolutely love it but I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to keep him inside again!!

LOL, so far Jack has loved Tom's newborn toys more than Tom!!

I have so much to do today to catch up for not getting much done yesterday. We were at the doctor for an hour and a half to have Tom's jabs - the receptionist forgot to click us in on her screen. The dr was annoyed too as she had been waiting for us.

Sorry to hear you had a bad night Emma and a bad day Marion. When is your appt for you tailbone Marion? I hope it helps. It must be awful for you. LOL at your mum shouting coffee Emma.

Glad you had a good night Kathryn. LOL at Kameron hiding from Santa. I took Jack to see Santa as he is seeing Santa at my work Xmas party on Sunday (I am still allowed to go even though I am on maternity leave and not likely to go back). I didn't want him to freak on Sunday so I thought I'd get him used to Santa. We were second in the queue and the girl in front screamed and ran away when Santa arrived so we got to see him first. Jack was a bit scared but did sit on his knee for a brief minute as long as I was holding his hand as well. Not long enough for a photo though!

Tegan and Belinda, it's so easy to overspend at this time of the year isn't it. I'm glad Jacob will have extra income to help you out next year Tegan. Belinda, what a huge PITA to have to go back to the shops at this time of the year. I've discovered the best time to get a park in the pram parking is around lunchtime as the Mums seem to go home for their kids to eat/sleep around then. Unfortunately that's when Jack naps too so it's not a lot of use for me!

Kirsty77 Guest

Goodmorning

Both girls are finally down for naps!YAY!

We had a goodnight. I was in bed by 8.30pm, thats the earliest since Jasmine has been born! I was up again at 12 then again at 3.30am so not to bad in my books. Gemma has some suspicous spots on her arms, not sure if they are the start of chickenpox so will have to keep an eye on them as saturday night we;re going out to my neices dance concert, don't want to spread it round!LOL!

LOVE the pic of you Kathryn with your santa hat!!

Am going to go eat while I ahve the chance so sorry no personals, but I have read everyones posts~!!!

Hehehe thanks Kirsty.

I have a bit of an unsettled baby here tonight, he is heaps tired too but I think he might have a bit of a belly ache which is keeping him awake. Made his legs go in a bicycle motion earlier and he fluffed a little bit and slept for a little while after that. It has just gone 9pm so I might give him a top up feed to see if he will burp some out and then head to bed. I fell asleep sitting up on the couch feeding him earlier this arvo. well better go he is crying out again

Love

omg, i had a rotten night last night! Charlie would not sleep from 1am to 6am!! He decided it was play time but wouldnt let me put him down. I'm sick too so i felt so aweful it wasnt funny. Finally he got to sleep and i've been sleeping on the lounge ever since. It was so hot last night that DH slept on an air mattress in the lounge room with Charlie next to him in the co-sleep bed and me on the comfy lounge. My head feels like its gonna fall off, it hurts too much.

Melanie - I now don't have an appt for my tailbone yet, there was a mixup and I ended up with a tummy check appointment which is not much use. I have to go to that anyway though as apparently I have symphisis pubis pain, which you usually get in pregnancy. Got to see my GP on Wed to see if he will refer me for physio on my tailbone. Have been sitting on a cushion with a cut out at the back which helps, but don't really like to take it with me outside.

Tegan- I feel your pain, I had an upset tummy and sore head yesterday but had to continously tend to Kirsten, it was hard, must have been even worse for you during the night!

Emma - I also look forward to the weekend as its so nice to have adult company!

Well I hope its still the growth spurt but Kirsten fed or fussed from 6am-11pm yesterday, she didnt go for more than 15 minutes between crying and wanting to be picked up...even though she fed all day she was still frantic for food at 10pm and was crying when she couldn't get enough out of the bottle!!

Then fortunately she slept from 11pm-520am, and is now sound asleep and snoring..

It seems to be like a growth spurt they get at 6 weeks, from what I have read. I hope so, I couldn't cope with it every day on my own!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; December 2nd, 2006 at 06:24 PM.

allyfield Guest

Just popping in to say a quick hello to everyone.

Katelyn has now developed dermitis on her face the poor thing looks like a beetroot I think it is heat rash but my OB told me its dermitis. Have bought some hamilton bath wash to bath her in and I can rub it on her face I hope it goes it doesn't look very nice.

I think katelyn is going through her 6 week growth spurt she hasn't been sleeping much during the day (due to my DS waking her all the time) and she is waking a few times during the night as well

Oh did anyone watch Look who's talking the other night about the baby listener. Has anyone picked out their babies cries I have started to reconise Katelyn's cries.

Hiya Girls.

We had another great night last night. Fed ashton at 9.15 like I said i was going too and he then slept for 6 hours. so woke at 3.15am then woke at about 5.30am so I got him out of bed, fed him in our bed and I fell back to sleep for about an hour till Lachlan walked in.

Ashton has been awake ALOT today we have had a house full coming and going all the time as the boys had their joint xmas pressie arrive... a cubby house. So there was a big working bee in getting all that put together (we brought it off my brother) so I am hoping for another good night tonight.

When everyone left, Lachlan crashed under the christmas tree fast asleep and that is where he remains. I will pick him up and put him too bed shortly.

Love

I think it is still the growth spurt, she is still very unsettled and much more grumpy than usual!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Girls

Had an awful night last night. As some of you know I've had gallbladder probs and this morning at 2 am it started again! I've had about 3-4 attacks since Jazz has been born but this was the worst. It also lasted an hour and a half. So in total I got less than 4 hours sleep last night and the worst part is I didn't go to the hospital as everyone was asleep so my position on the surgery waiting list is still 12-18 months. Looks like we may have to pay to ahve it done as I can't live like this. Aprt from that Jasmine slept so well and was awake at 2am and I managed to feed her and Corey rocked her to sleep while I was ahving the attack.

Emma - how did you & gaby go today ?

Kirsty - Argh at another attack !! There is nothing worse than bloody waiting lists. I hope something can be done for you soon one way or another.

Marion - I hope she is over her growth spurt or whatever she is going through soon.

We had an okay night last night. Woke ashton at 9.30pm to fed him and he slept for 5 hours, he then woke again just after 5 where I fed him again so that was about 3 hours, but put him back into his own bed as Andrew of course was home and in bed being Sunday. I think he woke again just after 7am. He has fed quite a bit today too actually preferring one side to the other.

I had a nap on the lounge myself this arvo but i must have laid on my arms or something funny as my elbows are really sore now LOL.

Love

Well, she slept from 12-730 this morning which sort of makes up a little for the growth spurt!

Sorry to hear you had another attack Kirsty!

Marion

x

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast