Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #8

Default Babies Born October 2006 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:34 PM.

That's great Emma that Gaby loved her swim.

Gee, everyone must be busy, it's quiet in here! I am pretty tired - Tom woke at 2 last night then Jack woke at 4:30 and although he lay down in bed with me neither of us really got anymore sleep after that. I think it was the heat - a friend told me her daughter woke at 4:30 too.

Tom is still unsettled from his jabs, but is getting better. He woke up for a feed just as Jack and I got in the pool for a swim so there went that. Then he wouldn't settle while we were trying to eat dinner so that was a pain. Also Jack is playing up a bit, he is missing Glenn so much. Today he has been saying "kiss Daddy" all day. I have to admit that I have been a bit impatient with each of the boys at various times today so I feel very bad about that. Then I rang DH at 7pm as he was expecting so that Jack could say goodnight and it turns out he was in bed asleep after drinking too much this afternoon. GGGRRRR. Poor Jack, I'd been promising him all afternoon that he would talk to daddy tonight. Also I wanted someone to whinge to LOL. I guess you girls will have to do!!

At least DH is back tomorrow arvo.

OMG Kate, how awful. I'll have to remember not to come in here and whinge about being tired

I truly don't know how you are getting by. You are so amazing.

Oh kate. I swear you need a medal girl.

We are all plodding along here. Ashton grew out of his last 0000 today, went to put it on and the buttons popped lol. My baby is growing up too fast

Love

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Am a little stir crazy today as gemma is not at daycare as Corey's gone to brisvegas and taken the car!!Only for today but I'm still going nuts!LOL

OMG Kate you are my hero!! I swear I aspire to be as patient and calm as you. I know by nature you are a calm person BUT even from lack of sleep your still calm!! Judging by your temperment you were just made to be a mummy. OH and goodluck for tomorrow with the paed. Let us know how you get on.

PMSL Kathryn at Ashton! Man you must have struggled to get him into those rompers!LOL

I agree Emma NZ and Aus health care are excellent and we don't have to pay. We are VERY lucky indeed.

Whinge away Melanie thats what we're here for! Yay on DH getting back today.

Well Jasmine is only up once a night now, thankfully. Corey left at 4am this morning and Jaz woke at 5am and we fell asleep in bed then Gem woke at 6am so I moved Jaz into her cot as Gem gets a bit eager and rough with her kisses and cuddles!LMAO

I also had a surgical appt this morning for my gallbladder and I'm pleased to say I'm getting surgery feb/march. They are going to send out a letter to confirm the date. I'm pretty excited but to be honest I haevn't had an attack since xmas night! Since I've started back at the gym the attacks have stopped, and the fact I've dropped 3 kg's!! Maybe it was just that extra weight that was causing it.

Have a great day ladies

Hi gals. Kate, I really hope you get some rest today. I hope DH manages to get through his day too. Great news that you have an appt tomorrow. All the best, look forward to hearing some good news!!

Emma, good luck for tomorrow. Tom is back to his normal self after his jabs on Monday. He sobbed poor thing, I hate it. What is your vax schedule over there? Here they are at 2, 4 and 6 months, then MMR and menningicocal at 12 months and chickenpox at 18 months.

Kirsty, I hope you survive with 2 girls and no car. Sometimes it's just the thought of not being able to drive somewhere I think LOL!

Kathryn, LOL at the buttons popping. I guess that's a good sign that he needs the next size LOL!

The boys were very good last night. I skipped Tom's dream feed to see what would happen and he still only woke once (at 2am). Then he slept until 7am. Jack was up about 6:15 which is pretty normal for him. DH rang after I had posted, he hadn't fallen asleep at all, I think the receptionist got confused. Poor Jack was already alseep though. Anyway, DH can't wait to get home and I can't wait to get him home. He arrives back this arvo, we'll go to the airport soon after Jack wakes up from his nap.

Well i am back again, just letting you know i am still about

Computer drove me crazy for awhile and with holidays been keeping busy, down to one kid on Monday, wont know myself on Mondays and Fridays from next week, going to be sooo quiet!

Will be back to read up later on hope everyone is going ok

awww Kate!!! I wish I lived closer... we could take turns sleeping & let the girls run rank

Kat that is so cute... lol at the buttons popping

Belinda great to see you back!!

Melanie we really will have to meet up at Carindale sometime soon... Matilda is in care MOnday & Tuesdays and from the end of Feb Fridays too.

Things going crazy here today, both screaming heaps... I have no idea what happened but apparently all sides of the bed were the wrong side today. Matilda just having a determined tantrummy day & Jovie has been heaps unsettled today...well since Monday arvo actually when I took her to acupuncture for the reflux.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

Well its 10.30pm and my little angel is in the bouncer squeeling and smiling at the tv! I gave her a dream feed and she decided its time to play......argh!! But doesn't she understand that mummy is tired!PMSL Oh well as long as she doesn't wake up Corey or Gem.............

Kirsten is always at her most playful after 10pm...although she went to sleep her earliest EVER last night at 1050pm..then slept 10 hours, so things are improving..

Think her cold is finally away.

Going out tonight to a gig, and will have a few drinks, cannot wait!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

I ended up putting her to bed at 11.15 but she wasn't asleep! I just couldn't stay up any longer. Thats the last time I give her a dream feed!LOL She was up for 2 hours total, longer than during the day in one stretch. She was also up again at 2.30am and then again at 5.45am. She is just so different to how Gem was. Gemma at 12 weeks we stopped giving her night bottle and she didn't care I jsut popped the dummy in if she woke, but Jaz, oh man if I don't get a bottle into her when she wakes then all hell breaks loose. She starts to scream at me!LOL

I didn't enjoy the gig as I was supposed to be on the guest list but there was a mix up and apparently its for the show tomorrow night and not tonight, so my tickets were not there. Might go back tomorrow but it was rather embarrassing at the box office so might not bother

Marion

Oh Marion what a pain in the butt that would have been.

Not much happening over here. Ashton has been waking just before 5 each morning for the last couple of mornings, but I actually think that Andrew banging around getting ready for work has been waking him up.

He is really starting to interact with a toy now which is great to see. He laughs and gets all excited when I set it all up and get the music going for him. It is a fisher price kick and whirl carnival (think that is what it is called) so if you hit or kick it the music and lights go and he is just figuring all that out. So happy with himself when he does it. Too Cute.

Emma - wow they have alot of injections. We used to have a fair few when Kam was a baby but then they combined some together so it wasn't as often. I think it is 2mths 4mths 6mth 1 year and 4 years now. You can also get chicken pox vacc done at 18mths if you want it.

Anyway a short day for me today. Andrew gets home at midday as work finishes early cause of the public holiday here tomorrow. So he should be home in just over 3 hours.

Love

motherduck Guest

Hello Ladies,
    Just thought I would pop in between feeds and say hi.
    And to ask what you are all doing for the Aussie day long weekend, we are taking the family to the lake water skiing/camping our 14yo has been bugging us to go for the whole school holidays can't blame her it's pretty boring at home with all the little ones but i must say she is such a great help she deserves a reward.

It will be the twins first camping trip I'm a little worried about the water factor with our 2 year old as she is like most kids and can't stay away from it. I think I will leave her life jacket on 24/7

Well I hope you all have a good weekend and talk to you all next week well better go and pack some more stuff.

Just popping in to say that Charlie laughed for the first time on Monday. It was so cute! Doesn't do it very often though. He is getting so long, i can't believe it. I swear he'll be in 00 soon but even the 000 are really baggy on him, poor thing.

Kirsty77 Guest

Awww Tegan that is so cute!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Aww Emma thats so cute that she feel asleep in the bath!!

Kate-Yay on getting losec in liquid form and that they'll post it to you as you need it!Fantastic! Hope the christening goes well

Well we just had a tornado warning!! Can you believe it!? So weird but they've now said the danger has passed.....we'll see! We also have a severe thunderstorm warning..........stay tuned!!

Aww Kirsten has just been watching cartoons on telly and laughing along with the characters! Didn't think I'd have to start limiting telly just yet but she loves it!

She slept from 930-830 last night too, so mummy is happy!

Tegan - It is just great when they laugh isn't it!!!

Kate- Glad you found something helpful out at least! Hope the christening goes well, and I'm sure Rylee will start to grow out of her problems as she gets bigger and her system matures. Our friends' baby had the same thing and grew out of it gradually.

Emma - that is so cute, Kirsten still doesn't REALLY like the bath, in fact I had to bath her last night as hubby is away and she screamed her head off!! Glad her injections went well, Kirstens are on Monday.

Kathryn - Sounds like Ashton loves his toy, Kirsten is starting to love hers too. She is also growing out of all her clothes!!

Jean - Enjoy your trip!! Must be a nice change!

Kirsty - Hope the weather doesn't get TOO bad for you there.

Marion
    Last edited by mmack; January 26th, 2007 at 07:11 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast