Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #9

Just on way to bed...

Kirsten is 62.5cm long and 5.8kg in weight..long and skinny!

Don't worry too much about their development Briohny. Charlie is very clever sitting at this age, I'm sure he is the only bub in this group that is. They are all so different and being later doing something doesn't mean they will be later with everything. Tom is about 6.8kgs and 64cms (but he was born on 25/09 so is a bit older than your bubs). I post in here bcos he was due on 19/10 so these gals were my belly buddies, and the Sep group talk too much and I can't keep up LOL!! Also, Tom is sick atm - teething isn't fun, but not as bad as this LOL!

Marion, great to hear from you. I hope you get a good night's sleep!

Tom is doing much better now. He slept from about 6:30pm till midnight, had a feed and panadol (he was really hot still). THen he woke at 4:30 for a feed but felt cooler so I didn't give him more panadol. He woke again at 6 and was really grumpy again and a bit warm (but not hot) so more panadol and he has been happy since. He is even asleep now. I think we have seen the worst of it.

Now I just have to catch up on things. Yesterday was my "get things done day" with Jack at kindy, but nothing got done as I had Thomas in my arms nearly all day. He didn't stop crying for longer than 20 mins all day poor thing.

Jack had a really great day at daycare yesterday. His usualy carer has been working in the office for a few weeks and he has been a bit thrown, also he seems to have been getting bored (he is now the oldest kid in his room, he missed moving up by one week as he wasn't 2 yet). Yesterday they brought toys in from the other room and he loved it.

Thanks for the reassurance Melanie. I'm not too worried about it and theoritically they are 10wks actual age so I have to keep that in mind.
    Glad to hear that Tom is doing better, big hugs to you.

Hi Girls

Remember me LOL. Sorry I have been missing in action for so long, will do my best to keep up with it all now.

Things are going great with us, Ashton steadily sleeps 12 hours a night. I turned off his baby monitor the other night for the 1st time in 4mths but I slept really lightly as a result with every noise waking me so I turned it back on the next night LOL.

We have 4mth old injections today, so I will find out how much he weighs then. He is spending alot more time awake during the day now as well, and when he is on his back on the floor he can get up onto his side so it won't be long until he has rolled all the way over.

anyway must dash lach has just split custard all over the lounge so have to clean that before the ants coming march 2 x 2 hurrah hurrah pmsl. I watch too much playschool

Love

How do you know when they are trying to roll over? Gemma turns her head so far it looks like it is almost going to snap off and then starts crying. I'm not sure if it is due to frustration. The way she is turning her head is her favoured side though which has caused her flat spot. Is she just trying to get comfy or is she trying to roll?

Briohny, don't worry about the girls development. Babies usually sit at 6 months so Charlie is really early. In say9ing that though he is only just doing it, still quite wobbley. With the rolling Charlie had rolled from back to front only once and that was about 2 weeks ago. I think it was a fluke though because he does the same thing as you;re describing Gemma does. I think they cry in frustration. It must be hard from them wanting to do things and they can't, you know?

I got Charlie weighed and measured the other day. He is 6.3kg and 67cms long. I think he's the longest baby in this group lol. But he was born 55cms.

Wow tegan that is long. I will see if I can get Ashton measured today, since they are only a day apart in age

Love

Oh I have little munchkins, LOL. Gemma's weight seems to be on par and Teagan is a bit smaller, she always has been approx 500gms smaller than Gemma. They were born 44cm & 46cm tiny winy.

Thanks Tegan maybe it is frustration, poor little thing. Have to go Queen of the Universe, Miss Teagan, beckons me! LOL.

Briohny - Kirsten cannot sit up alone either, just with me supporting her well. She also cannot lift her head much when on her tummy. But I am not worried about it as she was also 4 weeks early and I do think they develop at different rates! Your girls sound like they are doing wonderfully! And so are you for managing so well with two!

Melanie - Glad Tom is a bit better and Jack enjoyed daycare!

Kathryn - Welcome back! Ashton is doing so well on the sleeping! Kirsten has regressed a bit and has got us up in the middle of the night twice this week! She is eating much less though, so I think her 3 week long growth spurt is finally over - hopefully she will settle down!

She really wants to speak to me, it was funny yesterday, I was saying hello to her and she was trying so hard to say it back, making "hello" type noises and really concentrating!!

Marion

x

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

I'm still around.......barely and trying hard to catch up!!

Go Charlie!! Gem was sitting unaided at 4 months but I think Jasmine has a long way to go yet!! SHes so not interested in moving much......well only her mouth!LOL SHes such a talker and giggler. Everyone at daycare knows how to stop her crying....just talk to her and she can't resist in talking back. She even stops drinking her bottle to have a chat!!PMSL.....typical girl!

Jaz weighs between 5-6kg and I can't remember how long she is but she was born 58cm long. ANother tall skinny minnie. Gem wasn' t as long born but is very tall compared to other toddlers. Guess its cause I'm tall and Corey is very tall. Poor things I hated being so tall in primary school. I was always taller than the boys!!

Anyway Jasmine is still not sleeping through. Only when shes completely exhausted. She guzzles bottles when shes not talking and laughing and is just such a delight! Shes just the happiest baby ever. SHe is just so different to Gemma. Gem is such a serious little girl, altough she does love a good dance!LOL

Take care ladies, I'll be back on when I can..........family time on the weekends.........

Oh marion that is soo cute !! and OMG at a 3wk long growth spurt !!

Ashton was Mr Cranky Pants tonight after immunisations. He screamed from 1st needle. Something I am not used too as the other two boys didn't even flinch when they had theirs.

Anyway he is 5.350kg (in singlet and nappy), so since last immunisations has put on 900g which she said was great, and he was 62cm long. She even commented on how long he was but she plotted it on graph and he was average so she said probably just cause he is lean he looks long. But I did say "don't forget technically he is only supposed to be 3mths old"

So that is him in a nutshell

Love

Thanks for the updates. Gemma and Teagan have developed their first colds. Last night was a shocker, poor Gemma woke at 2am, 3am, 5.30am, 7.30am screaming and trying to breathe. I was almost filling her up with Fess, but it didn't seem to do all that much. I also put the vapourisor on which I hope has helped them a bit. Any tips to help them get through this-and me too!?

Oh Briohny, you poor thing. The first cold is always awful (for them and us LOL). It sounds like you are doing all you can do. If they are upset I would also try some panadol, that seems to comfort them a little. I can only imagine how much harder it must be with two of them. Try and get some rest when you can! Usually it doesn't last long.

Tom woke 3 times in the night and was really hot at midnight so I gave him more panadol. He's definitely better than he was, but still not totally well. He is missing his swimming lesson today. I don't think he's well enough so DH and Jack have gone on their own today. I was expecting Jack to be upset that Tom and I weren't going too but he just waved and said good-bye without a backwards glance! Oh well! It will be nice for them to have one on one time anyway. Plus it gives me time to catch up on BB and maybe even sleep a little!

*hugs* Emma ..hope Gaby is doing a wonderful job of cheering you up!

I know when I sing to Kirsten and she looks up at me adoringly it makes everything else disappear.....

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; February 18th, 2007 at 08:45 AM.

oh Em *hugs*

So sorry to hear that Emma. I hope you are doing ok. When you can, let us know how you are doing.

Kirsty, good to hear from you. You must be so busy with two kids and full time work. I went back full time when Jack was 7 months and it lasted 3 or 4 weeks then I switched to 4 days a week ( which I still found too much). I hope you are enjoying the job. Great to hear that the girls are doing well and you are getting lovely family time on weekends.

Tom is much better today. I think he back to his normal self thank goodness. He found his feet a couple of days ago - he keeps grabbing them.

Emma sorry to hear about you and Stu *hugs*

Love

Biggest hugs for you Emma. We are all here for you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast