Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born October 2006 #9

Aww thanks!

I don't feel my age, maybe because DH is 29!

Also, twice my mum and I have met strangers when out with Kirsten, who have told us their daughter is pregnant but she is 33, much older than me, and far too old to have a first baby! Makes us laugh!!

Marion

x

Happy Belated birthday Marion

Just a quick one to say i am still around, have parents here and just generally dont seem to have enough time in the day anymore, they fly by!

Off to Sydney with Luke for 5 days on Thursday, should be good but thinking i will probably miss the other boys a lot, didnt really think of that too much when i booked it all, but Luke will probably always remember the trip with me so will be nice too

Cooper is going really well and fully over the bug he had for two weeks, now he is puking on me and smiling at me and doing eyebrows, he is such a happy baby thankfully

Happy Birthday Marion (better late than never LOL). I hope you had a good one. I'm a little older than you! It does feel a little like you are missing a limb when you go out without the bub doesn't it.

Belinda, glad to hear that Cooper is finally better. I hope you have a great trip to Sydney and don't miss the other boys too much.

Kate, the teething has settled down now, although Jack still has two eye teeth and two 2yo molars part way through. I can't believe Tom is cutting his 3rd tooth already. Jack got his first tooth at 6 months and then took ages to get the 2nd one. LOL, yes, I am a Libran. My birthday was supposed to be 2 weeks before Tom's but due to his early arrival, his birthday is actually a week and a bit before mine (I'm 4/10). When I started getting birthday cards in the mail I thought they were more baby congrats cards and couldn't work out why some people were sending another card LOL. Got to love baby brain, I totally forgot about my birthday! Mind you, I don't like getting older so I could happily forget them all! I hope your girls start sleeping better for you soon, I don't know how you do it.

We seem to be back on track now. Tom slept through again last night except he woke at 9pm for a feed instead of waiting for me to give him a dream feed. Yesterday we had visitors and his teeth were making him grumpy so his sleep was all over the place, but today he has slept well like normal. Also, the last couple of mornings Jack has played in the lounge room until one of us is up, instead of coming in and waking us up. Mind you we were already awake but trying to put off getting up LOL.

MIL has asked to take Jack down to the Gold Coast to visit friends one day next week or the week after. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with it. DH isn't sure either. MIL said she would understand if I said no (but she would probably be upset anyway). Jack gets along well with MIL and FIL BUT......What would you girls do? Am I being too overprotective?

Thanks girls

Melanie: Answered you in jan-june thread about MIL, all this teething talk is getting me scared lol, i forgot about it

Kate: hope you and the girls are going good

Cooper is officially rolling now, he rolled ages ago once and then got over it lol so didnt really count it as official, but he is doing it constantly now, so yah for him, he moves all over his mat now too by wiggling him self bit by bit, so all is good there

i am sooo tired tonight so off to bed for me, nite

Just to let you all know we're going up to QLD for a holiday for 3 weeks. So wont be around until after then. BUT we're buying a computer up there so when i get back i can catch up on everything again!

Also just an update on Charlie. Got him weighed today. He is 7.3kg, 70cms long. Had to start him on solids the other day when he turned 5 months because he kept having 250mls of forumla every 2 hours. Little piggy! But he is only in the 50th centile for weight so he must have a very fast motabolism. God, i cannot believe our bubs are 5 months already. It goes so fast!

Kirsten is also eating more, plus she has started waking earlier and earlier..she used to sleep from 730-6 or 7 but this morning was up at 430 and yesterday ate a full feed at 130 and 530. Hopefully its just one of her many growth spurts.

She is only in the 30th centile for her corrected age so obviously also has a very fast metabolism, hard to keep up with with expressed milk which apparently digests quicker than formula too! But will keep going until she is 1 probably!

Am trying to hold off from putting her onto solids yet as I've heard it's better to wait until 6 months for her eczema, and also it might not even help her sleep longer, so will wait and see what happens!

Am tired already though!!

Hope the rest of you are all well and rested!

Marion

x

Hi gals, sure is quiet in here lately! We must all be busy!!

Thanks for the advice girls.

Kate, how are things? Are the girls sleeping any better yet?

Tegan, have a great holiday. Wow at Charlie, what a great eater!

Belinda, Cooper sounds like he'll have you running around after him in no time.

Marion, wow, Kirsten is another great eater!

I think Tom is nearly ready for solids too. Getting teeth is usually one of the signs and no 3 is now on its way. Also he is starting to grab at food and seems to be drinking more. I will wait until he's 6 months which is only a couple of weeks away now anyway, but I think by then he will be ready, unlike Jack who wasn't interested until 8 or 9 months. And then the first thing he really liked was yoghurt and he had an allergic reaction!

Tom is still only sleeping through some nights. He did last night (well, until 5:40 anyway). But then he went to bed late (around 6 instead of 4 - 5pm). I would like to put him down later more often but he's just too tired. It only worked yesterday as we were out anyway.

The boys are both doing well atm. Jack is saying the cutest things, out of the blue he'll say things like "oh my goodness" or "that's funny" in such an adult tone. And Tom is smiling and laughing all the time, except when he's crying with a sore mouth!

We are still waiting to find out if the house is going ahead. We have been so stuffed around. I'm so over it now. Hopefully it will all be resolved one way or the other on Monday. Basically the bank has promised to LOOK at our application then. We applied on Feb 22 and have just asked for our 3rd extension on the contract and they are going to deign to LOOK at it on Monday. Actually I'm furious - and when we paid our last mortgage out with them they told us we were good customers and would love to give us another mortgage. And then they treat us like this! Monday will probably be too late as the vendors said last time they wouldn't agree to another extension. So probably on Monday we will get a call from the lawyer saying sorry, the contract has crashed. I wonder if we can sue the bank for mental anguish...

Sorry to hear of the continuing house hassles Melanie

Sounds like Tom's sleeping is improving!

Marion

Thanks Marion. Hoping for some good news today but not holding my breath....

Yesterday we had lunch with the ILs then left the boys there for a couple of hours while DH and I went to a movie. The boyes were both very well behaved, both of them went down easily for their afternoon naps and slept for most of the time we were gone. Tom had an episode of breast refusal before we left (he's had a few over the last couple of days) so was ready for a feed by the time we got back, but wasn't starving or anything, he was playing happily. MIL had offered him a drink in a cup but he refused that too.

I think Tom is very close to sitting up unsupported now. He can nearly do it but then topples over. He's not far from crawling either. I can't believe he will be 6 months on Sunday. Seriously, it can't be half a year since he was born, it can't be! He is having his 6 months vax on Thursday.

Jack turned into a 2 year old monster on the weekend. He became defiant and very grizzly. I'm not sure if it's teething or just a stage but luckily he is a bit better today, although he didn't want to go down for his day sleep which is very unusual. He even hurt Tom yesterday (accidentally I think) by hitting him in the head with a big toy he was trying to give him. So now I have to be careful about leaving them alone together. Oh the joys!

Seems like its just you and me here these days Melanie!

I feel your pain about the house, we went through a lot of hassle to get this one and at one point thought we had definitely lost it...hope everything works out!

Must have been great going to a movie, we used to go a lot but haven't managed since Kirsten was born! We watch lots of DVDs though!

Sorry Tom has to go for yet more vax! We don't have any at 6 months here, and get a break until about 12 months!!

Sorry to hear Jack hurt Tom! They are very resilient though, aren't they, Kirsten keeps getting overenthusiastic with her toys and hitting herself on the head/face, but doesn't even cry!!!

I think Kirsten is also teething, she was very grizzly yesterday and just chewed her hand/drooled all day. She also woke 3 times the night before last then fed all day yesterday. My friend, who happens to be a health visitor (don't know what they are called there but its the nurse who deals with mothers and babies, weighing etc) said she thought she was ready for some baby rice last night, so we tried, but she just cried and turned away. I think we will hold back a bit more as she slept through last night and hasn't eaten as much today. I think it was just another of her huge growth spurts!

Luckily she is smiling again today, it was breaking my heart to see her little sad face all day!!

Marion
    x

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey girls

We are moving next weekend.....lucky us. Moving closer to daycare, its only a block away. Corey's on holidays so hes doing all the packing, lucky man!!PMSL

Jasmine is going great guns, on solids and loving it. Still not sleeping through, but still such a happy talkative little girl. Gem and Jaz are really interacting now with Gem reading to her and giving her toys(yep shes finally sharing!LOL)

Works going great. Crazy busy though, but loving it. Must say the extra cash is weird. Was so used to living on Corey's wage. On the bad news front my Lil Sister and her hubby are definitely heading for divorce. Hes starting to get a bit violent during fights, throwing things at her, no punches or hitting just throwing things which is just as bad in my books. So hasn't told him she wants the divorce yet. Its just so sad as they have 3 little girls 5, 2 and 10 months. Once a cheat always a cheat to me though. Shes better off without him.

Anywhooo better do some work.............................have a great day ladies

Kirsty77 Guest

No news on surgery yet. I rang the other week and they said the machine that broke still hasn't been fixed!! wIll get told soon thought I hope.

Wow, what a busy day in here. PMSL Kirsty, we are moving next weekend too (the last weekend in March that is - is that the one you mean or this one coming?). Yes, we finally got our application processed and approved. I think the yelling at them on Friday finally did the trick, although we didn't hear until yesterday. But then they got the docs printed in record time and we spent all morning this morning signing them (they had the wrong lot no on the contract, so it all had to be redone while we waited, then we had to go to a JP, sign and take them back). All this with 2 very tired little boys. But at least it is finally done. Now I've just got a week and 2 days to pack the house! We are hitting the bank up for packers as they haven't left us much time to pack with all their delays, they look like they might pay too, so that would help. I'm going to start packing anyway though, just in case. And also cause I want to as much myself as I can so I know where everything is.

Sorry to hear you are still having a rough time Kate. Tom too is very nearly crawling, getting right up on his knees, just not quite getting it all co-ordinated yet. Won't be long now though, he was practising at 2am!

We saw "Music & Lyrics" for whoever asked (sorry I'm really rushed today). We laughed the whole way through. Plus it's worth it just to see Hugh Grant in tight pants LOL!

Got to run, I have so much to do and so little time. Hope everyone is well!

Kirsty77 Guest

Yup on the 31st Melanie. Our house is full of boxes atm. Poor Corey is spending his beloved holidays packing. I can't wait though, its going to be great being so close to daycare!!

motherduck Guest

Hi Ladies,
    I'm still hear just not much time to post, I hope you are all doing well, I'ts amazing how fast our little ones are growing the teeth thing must be on the cards for a few of us Jessica and Jack are dribbling heaps

Good luck with the move girls I hope it all goes smoothly for you both.

Jack is pushing himself up on his arms but not much on the legs yet tomorrow he is going for his follow up hearing test that he had in hospital he didn't get a pass in his left ear the nurses said it was prodably just some fluid from the birth.

Jessica is talking big time and nearly rolling over another couple of weeks and i think she will have it done.

Well I must go now catch you all soon hope we all have a restful night
    Jean

hey again, back from Sydney now, have been back since Monday but still recovering lol, we seen all of sydney there was too see, was a great time, will fill in more on it all later, just letting you all know i am back

Glad you had a great holiday Belinda!

Good luck with the move Kirsty!

Just back from the hospital for Kirsten's appointment for her eczema. It flared up really badly this morning so at least they got to see it at its worst. They said it is quite bad, which surprised us as we had been told it is mild.

They were short staffed today so we saw a nurse who raced through all the facts about eczema and all the medications in about 5 minutes flat and rushed us out of the door, and was really unfriendly when we asked any questions.

Then we went upstairs to be shown how to put bandages on Kirsten and the nurse was the same, telling us they are short staffed and can't do everything for us etc etc. Her first words were "Do you have any experience of dealing with eczema....? No...well dont worry, neither do I"..not what we wanted to hear!!!I was quite upset and pointed out to them that it is not our problem they are short staffed, that it is our first appointment for our baby and we still need to be told all of the facts and able to understand everything. She was much nicer after that!

Have two more appointments next week but will probably cancel them if I get the hang of the bandaging as the creams etc are much the same as we have been using so far!!

Not sure how I will fit in all this bathing, bandaging and expressing, especially when back to work in 3 weeks!!

Kirsten was good as gold today and didn't cry once. She got very hungry and just shouted for milk, it was quite funny!!

She has gained 14oz in 2.5 weeks and another cm so seems like all her eating is paying off!!

Marion

x
    Last edited by mmack; March 23rd, 2007 at 01:51 AM.

Time for a new thread!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567