Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

becky Guest

This may be a stupid question, but what do all the coloured boxes mean up the top of a post? Everyone has one. They ae different colours some say .... are on the way, some say, unknown and some say they are disabled?? Just curious?

Becky - They are reputation points. Dont know what that means but I think if you like someones answer you can increase their reputation.
    Alz - I just average out what it says on the can. If it says 5 feeds of 150 ml (750 ml/24 hours) then as long as Ethan is getting 750 ml in a 24 hour period (example only!!!) then its all good. I dont think it is important that they take the full amount (150ml) in one sitting. Caitlyn has 100 ml one feed and then 120 the next and sometimes she has an extra feed of 60 ml. It all seems to add up in the end.

Good afternoon!

We had a nice time at the park, got to BF in the great outdoors! Joel had a great time running around with some other kids his age.

Kieran has a nasty acne rash ATM, I asked the chiro what it is and he said it is a common rash babies get at 6 weeks due to hormones, etc... It just looks so nasty, I hope it goes away soon.

Saffi
    - Glad the last couple of days have gone smoothly for you. You're doing a great job on your own!

Minimax - How rude of that lady! People have no regard for others these days. I got elbowed out of the way at a buffet by an elderly man when I was heavily pregnant! I was speachless!!

Mo - Glad you had a nice day with Kim & co! Kim & her DH are so lovely and Chelsea is such a cutie isn't she? Jasmine is such a nice placid bub, they are so lucky! Can't wait to meet all the Melb girls, no date set yet. Should we wait until after Christmas?

alz - I'm glad Ethan doesn't have a UTI, I hope he settles for you soon.

Becky - I try and get the boys to nap at the same time too! It is so nice having a break from them.

Hi everyone,
    We had a nice day out today too, went for lunch with my mum, nana and sister and her little one, although Tahlia woke up just as my meal was served!

Re the Melb meetup - its probably easier to wait until the new year now... what does everyone else think?

Maddi has been up since 8:30am & has only slept 2 hours for the whole day, now i have a very over tired cranky baby.
    At least she'll well tonight.

Trish-Kim & co are very nice, I couldn't get over how good Jas is, Maddi makes more noise than her in her sleep lol
    I'm happy with before or after christmas, Can't wait to meet everyone as well hopefully we can all make it this time
    Trish hope Kieran's rash clears up soon.

Alz-Glad Ethan doesn't haave a uti.

Trish - I still can't see your Av! Mateo had a rash like Kieran's and I found that bathing him in Pinetarsol really helped.

I had a lovely day out with my Mum too! Got lots of shopping done and Mateo was a star!

Also went to a new nurse to get him weighed - he is now 5.7kg! Little boofa! Also she seems to think he is lactose intolerant so no dairy for me now - starting to get a bit over BF - so many sacrifices, first my body, now the food I eat!! Ah well, all for a good reason I suppose! :-)

xoxo

i know what ya mean about missing a day and.. *googly eyes* a lot of reading.

welcome minimax *waves*

star - good-o, come get the nappies when you're up my way. i'm always here.... *sigh*

whoever mentioned the fist sucking thing -- yes, jj had it bad, especially a muslin covered fist. he looks into space like, 'oooh that's good muslin'. we had to go the dummy route because of it. shortens his tantrums when he's fighting sleep.

he's been mr clingy, mr frequent feed and mr i'm going to have a damn good cry before i finally go to sleep.

here's my, 'what a ditz' story for today...

dh rocked jj to sleep this evening on my fitball. worked a treat. i did it to settle him for his final put down tonight. what kind of ditz am i? i spent MONTHS doing exactly that when i was pregnant, bouncing the little sucker to billy-o while i sat at the computer doing school work all day. why in dog's name did i not think of that earlier? it would be the most familiar sensation in the world to him... and to think it took dh to think of it? *flicks hair* like... yanno... whatever.

for all of you with fusspots.. give it a bash if you were ball bouncers when you were pregnant.

seems so obviously now...

LOL Viv! Glad the ball works for you!

Star - Wow, what a porker! You must have some good stuff in there! Can you see other member's avatars? If not it is probably not ticked in your settings. If you want to show avs, go to your User Profile, click on the "Edit Options" link, scroll down to the title "Visible Post Elements" and make sure the "Show Avatars" option is ticked, then save your changes.

Kellie & Mo - Maybe a meet-up in the new year then?

My little angel has finally crashed after many tantrums, a bath, a massage, a bottle & cuddle with mum while watching ER.

Trish-I'm happy with the new year, first or second week of Jan? Anyone fancy a particular day & time?

Heya all,

Lil Mr. got his needles and my god did he scream! Not a happy camper (although I don't blame him) but a comfort bottle through teary eyes made it all better was even able to do a quick shop with him afterwards before he started to get whingey again. He's been whingey on and off since so think he doesn't feel the greatest from it poor boy!

Got the pill as well actually looking forward to taking it and having a bit more control over bleedies! Had nearly 7 weeks of bleeding and bleeding while preg esp at the end will be good to be able to have some control over it now!

Hope everyone is well sorry it's not very personalised I'm too tired to read the posts properly at the moment I need to attack all your fingers with tranquilisers so I can keep up with you all!

becky Guest

Grrrr. Cant sleep. Dunno why. There isnt much to do at this time of night though. LOL

After not sleeping all day Maddi sleept from 9:30pm half woke up for a bottle at 11:30pm then slept all the way through till 8am.
    We are alot more happier today

Off to see her MCHN at 9:30am, i'm thinking she's close to cracking the 6kg mark.

Morning all, just getting in for my morning email / computer updates before Max gets up for 7am feed. He slept through so I am lucky again...it's the stupid dogs that wake me up in the morning coz they are hungry! I'm scared his needles on Monday coming are going to make him turn yucky!!! Anyway, best be off and get myself some breakfast. Have a good day everyone

Amelia Guest

Morning Ladies,

I know I have been MIA for a couple of days but me saying Rhys has been a champ about his cold must have put a curse on him cause he has been a lil $**t ever since!!

Viv - Rhys has been the exact same. Clingy, screams his lungs out just for a nappy change, has only been sleeping in hour intervals and takes me forever to put him to sleep so I am unwrapping his swing he is suppose to be getting for christmas and he is getting it today instead!! Lol. Re: Dummies - I haven't tried the Pigeon one's yet. That is the only bottle he will take so I have to go buy a couple more today so I will get some dummies as well. Add more to the collection that I already have!!

Brissy Meet-Up - Not sure if I will be there. With the rain around and Rhys having a cold I might give it a miss but I will try my hardest to get there!!

Can't remember what else I wanted to say!! Have a good day ladies, off to the Dr's to get him checked out and I have found a lump in my arm pit so I have to get that checked out as well.

Maddi weighs 5.8kg is 60cms long & has a H.C of 40cms.
    She's above average for everything & is thriving
    So Phil & i are very happy.

Hope all the sick babies & mummies feel better soon.

Well Caitlyn is back to 3 hourly feeds - on the bloody dot too! And this morning at her 4 am feed she had a power spew! All down my back and all over the rug in her room. I really do think she has a problem with wind and I am beyond knowing what else to do. The infacol helps her get burps up - maybe I am just not burping her long enough? Do I stop after a burp or do I keep going?? Poor little thing I feel like I am torturing her!
    She was hard to get down again last night. Fought with us until 830. Tried the bath, wrap, feed thing starting at 540 pm. So still took us nearly 3 hours to get her to sleep! Maybe she is sleeping too much during the day (or not enough!) She is napping now (since 830) so will just see how she goes. She puts out all the signals of being tired but as soon as we put her down she cries and wakes herself up again! Oh well. I am basically resigning myself to the 2 hour sleep schedule she has me on!

Rebecca - does Caitlyn have reflux???

Rebecca, have you tried just prop her up on your shoulder and letting her burp ainstaed of forcing it? I dont burp Myles, so i spose i cant really help? Does she have reflux? I wish I could help
    mo you must be so proud of maddi!!!!!
    Amelia hope your Dr appointment goes well good luck with the lump hopefully its just your glands! Hope you can make it tommorw!
    Minimax! I dont know if your bubba will be the same but Myles was sleeping through untill his needles and now he is abit unsettled? I dont know though if its the heat aswell! Fingers crossed he will still be the same bub after his needlesx
    Celtic ha these girls definatelty talk lots hey! Poor lil man needles suck hey
    Terri I am the same I am not over the BF but over the massive amounts of food I am eating! I just cant stop! Well I can but I am hungry all the time
    Alz so glad to hear ethan is alright!

hi to all the other mummies and bubbies!

Myles has been a bit unsettled at night so am trying to get him back into some sort of routine! He is an absolutely gorgeous boy during the day so its not affecting him!

funny story poor DH doesnt get to spend that much time with Myles, so he came home yesterday, myles and I are having a laugh and DH starts talking to him and his little lip dropped and he screamed Poor DH was so upset that he had upset him, I couldnt help but laugh( What a bad wife I am!)

Anyway off to get an outdoor setting! yay!

xo

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast