Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

Default Babies Born October 2007 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Previous thread here

Soooooooo,

Lu is having a bit of a grizzle. Handed her over to my mum, NOICE! Gotta love grandma....

What's everyone having for dinner? tomato on toast with homemade pesto here. mmmmm

becky Guest

Nice thread starter Ange!!! LOL

Hope to see both Kim and Cath on here soon!

How has everyone been todsy? Its so hot here!! Grrrr. And sticky!

I do hope they both com back, it's not gonna be same without them.

Ange i hope your still in for our meet-up on Weds
    Having a roast over here, Maddi's asleep so i can enjoy my dinner tonight.

Becky, it's been a good day, Maddi is sleeping in her cot for day naps now so i can do so much more around the house & computer lol

just had a bbq chook with salad, too hot to be bothered cookig tonight.
    I'll text the syd girls but dont think i will make it again tomorrow, i will prob ring the doctors first thing in the morning to try and make an appointment.
    I know colds shouldnt be around it summer dammit......Tyron has a yukky cough and when he spews its really flemmy and aweful poor fella.

Oh Mo! crap, crap, crap, i have mothers group on Wed at 1pm in Mt Eliza. Its an info session that i really want to go to. I am SO sorry i forgot, if it is just you and i is there another day that suits you? i am free every other day! Sorry....

becky Guest

Yeah we all have colds again her too. Grrrr! Poor little Chels and Liam, their little noses wont stop running!!!

oh my I have missed alot havent I!

I hope your all ok and I am sending you all lots of hugs and love

Well the inlaws came and went! They were supposed to be at our place at 3:30 yesterday arvo cause we had our work xmas party at 5 and they didnt show up till 4:30... man I am so glad they live 4 hrs away! MIL never once asked how I was just came in took myles and spoke of herself for the whole half hour they were here I am gald they finally met Myles for DH sake but it brings back alot of really awful memories

Myles has been a little unsettled this week, but it has been really hot and humid here so just trying to get the whole temp and pj thing right!

Brissy girls are we still on for friday? You guys should have my number if not here it is again 0401494655 just let me know!

Hope you all get better those with colds!
    x

Tis cool Ange, i think Kim is still coming, maybe we can organize another day then

Nic sry Tyron is feeling well, Maddi had a cold & cough ended up giving her panadol cause she had a temp & was so grizzly.
    Hope Tyron feels better soon.

Becky hope Chelsea & Liam feel better soon to.

well that sucks a bit!!!

hopefully it will all settle soon

anyways

Lachlan is thriving, has pretty much put himself into a routine. sleeps through and is still very good and very settled, cant ask for much more can i

hopefully you are all well

im still in for friday. am excited

Hi all

Dinner tonight was a steak sandwich that DH made.

It is so hot here. I know Rebecca - nothing compared with what you have to put up with. It doesn't get humid out there tho, does it? I personally cope better with heat than humidity. We have the a/c running constantly in L's room and have moved him in there permanently. Seems to be settling him a bit. Tho it has taken 3+ hours to settle him from his 4pm feed. He has been really windy the last few days. He never had much wind until now. I think its because he is drinking more and maybe I am letting down quicker. I heard this can contribute to wind.

Ange - do u live on the Peninsula? My parents are in Mornington. I hope to go down there sometime in 2008, so maybe we could meet. I love the M'ton markets on Wednesdays and the markets at Red Hill and the Racecourse.

DH goes back to work tomorrow Bit scared of how I will go on my own as I have only spent an evening alone with L since I have been home from hospital. I do have 2 days out of the house late this week (thanks BB girls), so I won't go completely stir crazy. I just hope L isn't being difficult like he is tonight.

If I am posting more than normal I am either looking for a break cause he is driving me crazy or have nothing to do because he is being an angel. I hope it is the latter.

We are off to Townsville in January. Our good friends are eloping and have invited us along. We definitely want to go and am now thinking how it will be to travel with a 9 week old baby. I'm sure its not impossible, but will just mean more stuff to get lost by the airline, and less things we can do, in between naps etc. I suppose I will see the insides of some North Qld parents rooms!

L still squwaking, so better go and relieve DH. More in the morning.

Hi everyone,
    It has been a bit crazy in here! I hope everyone is ok, and that they continue to join in our chats, cause I think we're all great supports for each other.

We had Tahlias photo taken with Santa today, she looked so cute... I'll post the photo when I pick it up on Wednesday. She didn't smile, but she had her eyes wide open.

To the Melbourne girls - sorry I didn't confirm earlier, but I think I'll have to give the Melb catchup a miss... I think the location is just a bit too far away for me to venture too by myself just yet, but hopefully I can catch up with you all at the next one

Nickers - hope Tyron feels better soon, its so horrible when they are sick

We had chicken and vegies for dinner which DH made... Tahlia had been asleep for ages this arvo, and decided to wake up just as he was serving it up! Oh well, I'm getting used to it now!

Anyway, better go, Tahlia is wanting a feed

Claire Guest

Amber - Wow! That sucks! Grrrr at MIL's

Nic - Sorry to hear about LO! Pity you won't be there tomorrow! I'm going along and fingers crossed someone will turn up!! LOL. Great chrissy photo - Emily would scream her head off if I tried to get her anywhere near Santa! It's her Christmas party at the childcare centre on Friday and Santa hands out pressies to all the children. Last year in the photo she looked pertrified.

Ange - we had ready made fresh tortellini and napoli sauce with banana cake and custard! Not very healthy but yummy!

misskate - Water - I don't offer water at this stage, it can interfere with how much milk you need to produce. Breastmilk hydrates babies and bubs will probably ask more often when its hot too. If I remember rightly the first part of the milk is the thirst quencher followed by the 'food' after the letdown. At about 6 months I started to offer a little water in a cup when I introduced solids. I probably won't do that again until a little later, maybe 9+ months. Mind you I'll be delaying solids this time too as Emily is allergic to dairy.

Becky - it's been so humid here today and there was a hailstorm. Still loving the weather compared to rainy ol' England!

Me - Jules and Emily put the Christmas tree up today, looks awesome! Harry has had a restless day today which no decent sleep, whinging and constantly feeding this evening which is really unlike him! Hoping it's just a growth spurt and he's not getting sick

Does anyone else feel liek Christmas has crept up on them this year? Where'd this year go?

Kim & Cath - come back soon xx

Ummm.... I'm very confused! Is there a whole thread missing? I tried to click back to catch up but it seems to be gone.

Boomba - That is a real shame about your in-laws. I can't believe they only made time to see their Grandson for 1/2 hour! It must be really hurtful for your husband.

I had mushroom and asparagus risotto for dinner with olive bread - yummo! (Husband is amazing cook!:-) I think that's why those last kilos won't budge - he is enjoying feeding me up too much!

I am still in for Friday.

Well at the moment my little boy is screaming his guts out - very unsettled night. We went Xmas shopping all day today and he was an absolute angel but I think the day is catching up with him. We did have fun but - we bought him a sand-pit to put by the pool with some sand toys, 2 PP outfits, togs, Blow-up boat to lie in pool, rattle and story book. Way spoilt I know, but we just couldn't resist!!!! What's everyone getting their bubs for Christmas? Domenic wanted to get him a massive remote control hot-rod for like $300!!!! (I think he wanted it more!!)

Night to all. xo

Also, forgot to ask: How did everyone do their little ticker things at the bottom with the photo and how old they are? They are gorgeous! I want one too!!!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

I am also totally lost, what has been happening??????

Boiling here today - so muggy YUK.

BUT a major first, A is asleep in her cradle!!! Has been from about 8.30pm, this is normally mental time 8.30pm to about 11pm. WOOT! I am not expecting it tomorrow though.

We put up the Xmas tree and light this weekend - Eliza loved it.

Hope everyone is getting over colds etc, I also have a sore throat YUK!

star just click on the ticker mine or whoevers you like and it should send you to the home page! You just follow the instructions from there!

Cant sleep my nan has been taken to hospital with chest pains She has bee having some problems for a while now but was getting better! So want to stay awake to hear from my parents as to how she is going!
    x

star just saw your wedding date same day as Myles birthday but a year apart! you will always remember him!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast