Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #10

Hey all!

Nic - Wow, Tyron is a great size! You are doing such a great job.

Saffi - Bummer about your car!

Amber - I can't BELIEVE that lady left her bub in her car! There are sooo many things that could have gone wrong. I would have called the police!

Rebecca - I hope the colic relief helps!

Kellie - Sorry your day hasn't been so good. Kieran hardly slept at all yesterday during the day. They say babies have one unsettled day a week so I just kept telling myself that today was the day and tomorrow will be better! (Luckily today was better )

Leah - Kieran has been fussing on the boob while I type this! He cries and claws at his face. He usually does it when he needs to burp, or sometimes he just cleans me out really quickly then gets frustrated. Some days are definitely worse than others, it stresses me out when he does it.

I still haven't taken my car out yet It is just sitting out there temptingly! I'll have to find an excuse to go somewhere tomorrow!

Leah, as the others have said, when Theo is "windy", he trashes and pulls on and off like that. A good burp usually sorts him out.

becky Guest

Leah - I always found Bonds wondersuits were quite small though. LOL.

Chels has been a little unsettled today too. Nothing major really - still cant complain, was just miss clingy pants today. Only wanted to sleep if she was being cuddled. All sound asleep in bed now though. I cant believe she is still in 0000. She'll probably be going into 000 soon I reckon, but still, 0000 is nowhere near to small for her. And she weighs 5.15kg now too. Liam at this stage was probably almost in 00 to!

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Brissy meet up tomorrow (that is if anyone is still going. LOL)

yeah, i think im still going, even though i am SO sick of shopping centres. i spent from 9.30am till 3pm on wednesday at indro and then today i was at indro again from 4.30pm till 9pm. so gay but at leats i got ALLLLLLLL of my xmas shopping finished. Luckuy lachie was being good in the pram

oh and on a random note, i had an old lady come up to me today and said that i had a beautiful pram!! lol normally its beautiful baby hahahah

Morning all - Hope all the Brissy gals have a good day today catching up!

Hayley does have fussy moments on the boob but generally its because she needs to have a burp, feeding times are still anywhere from 8 to 10 mins on each side. She won't come off herself though most of the time, little darling would just stay there all day doing dummy sucks if I let her

I haven't had her weighed in the last two weeks (she was 3.6kg) but in some clothes she is still definately a 0000, others shes in 000. I'm still using Newborn nappies but am a bit worried that they're getting too tight on her thighs? I don't think she has thunder thighs but I've tried the next size up and they look massive on her!
    Paed appt next week so will get updated stats then.

Planning our Feb holiday today! Yippee can't wait - heading up to the Gold coast so might get to say hi to those of you lucky enough to live there
    Hope everyone has a good day

Morning everyone.

Not that I'm complaining, but yesterday Max slept so much during the day, and woke once in the night at around 3:30am (he usually sleeps through). During the day he had one 2 hour sleep, another 1.5 hour sleep.... 2 x 40 min kips..... He is feeding about 6 - 7 times in 24 hours for 10 mins on each side. So is there such thing as too much sleep? I try and do the feed, play, sleep thing, but he's usually ready to sleep again fairly soon after a feed....so the play time is short. Is there another growth spurt at around 9 weeks??

He will probably be one of those teenagers that only comes out of his room to go to the fridge!!

Hey brissy girls is it still 11:30? I have forgotten!

Hope everyone is well! Myles had his first big screaming match last night since he was 2 weeks! It was awful nothing helped poor lil man But he is back to normal now! YAY!

X

Amelia Guest

Hey ladies,

Not going to make it to the meet up today!! I am coming down with the flu now!! :-( Rhys is getting better and I am getting sick so I hope I don't give it back to him. Off to clean the house and hopefully sweat out this flu!!

Hope you all have a good day.

Well we had a great night!!! NOT Did our normal screaming pink fit until 830 last night. Slept till 1030 then up for a feed. The she woke again at 1230 so I just cuddled her and she went to sleep. Then up again at 230 and wouldnt settle after her feed. Took her into bed with us and she fell asleep. We didnt get up till 720 this morning. Mind you she had been trying to get me to get up earlire than that! I really dont want her to sleep in our bed! What is it that she hates about her cot sooooo much!?!
    Well she is napping now - I really have to start paying more attention to her tired signs. She will be dropping off then all of a sudden arch her back and throw her legs out then draw them up again and start crying! Am going to try the AR formula today - just gotta find the riht teat size for it so that she doesnt choke on it but she doesnt have to struggle to get it. I have some Nuk ones that I am going to try so will see how she goes at her next feed.
    Anyway - hope all you Brissy girls that are getting together have fun! Wish I could be there!

Rebecca, Myles loves to be in the bed with me too! They do just love to be near us, considering they just spent 9 months inside us which is as close as you can get! So she is probably just really conteted being with you! Myles comes into our bed when DH goes to work at midnight and he sleeps really well! Its also really easy for me to feed him and sleep at the same time!

Amelia hope you get better! Have fun cleaning the house!

x

Boomba - UNfortunately I am not breast feeding so I would still have to get up at night to feed her - wish I was BF though.
    Does anyone else co-sleep and FF?
    She has just gone down for a nap now. Tried the thickened formula - I must have a lazy baby - she wouldnt suck the teat to get the thickened formula out! Tried 3 different sized teats and each one she screamed at. Eventually went back to her normal feed and teat. Seriosly I give up! I am absolutely exhausted and at the end of my rope. I really cant wait to go back to work so that I can get some peace and quite.

hi all

so, after a couple of weeks of these awesome 8 or 9 hour stretches at night, Mr Cheeky has gone back to needing the midnight (or 1am) snack. sometimes he will stay mostly asleep but last night he was bug-eyed and very up! so eventually i fitballed him back to sleep. he woke up five minutes later with vom all over himself. then he vommed again. then he had a nappy leak. his cot was a disaster so i took him to bed with me and we actually slept in... and were late for the doc (imm day).

he had all his needles bar Hep B and Hib. didn't feel those were necessary until he's older. he screamed blue murder for 30 seconds before guzzling a boob. he's doing well so far... (dh did have a couple of tears when jj screamed - he was holding him so i didn't go to pieces).

as for fussing on boob - yes! especially early this morning. lots of pulling at it and wagging his head round like a fool. he had a really good day yesterday (thanks to fitball) but made up for it vomming and stacking nappies. i think he needs to go up to crawler.

he weighed in at 6.7kg today. i think his crazy growing has slowed a little. that's about 160g/w for the last two weeks. he's 61.5cm long and pushing it in length for 00 clothes.

about 'dh time'. dh has been doing the bottle of EBM feed at 5pm. i don't 'need' to do it but i do because i like them to bond and i want dh to be comfortable with him (so i can go to the beach one day!). they're bonding really well now.

for those with babies sleeping through.. apparently it's a weight/tummy size thing. once they can pack enough food in to stay asleep, they usually will (except for the wet nappy/vom scenario). beware that they chop and change. james has done this twice now... had a week or two of long sleeps followed by wanton midnight-snackery.

Afternoon all!

We're having a pretty successful sleep day today. After much thought, I changed our routine today so that we start our day at 7am. He woke at 5am to feed, then I got him up at 7am for the day. It was nice to walk into his room and have him smile at me instead of cry for his feed! He has since gone down for each nap without much fuss and hasn't needed resettling. I'm sure today is just a freakishly good day though! There are some days when he is unsettled all day and I go in and out of his room like a yo-yo! I think I'll stick at our 7am start as it seems to fit in our day better. I have been able to spend more quality time with Joel this way too.

I finally took the new car out for a spin! We went to the local shopping centre to buy a couple of birthday presents. Kieran was an angel and slept in his pram the whole time at the shops. He stayed asleep in the car on the way home and I was able to put him in his cot when we got in the door and he stayed asleep. What a good boy! I am so used to Joel as a baby who was never that easy.

Anyway, I've rambled on enough about me! I hope everyone is having a great day.

don't you love it when they're angels...

Can't wait till Hayleys weight and tummy size sort themselves out so we can all sleep through!!!

Amelia Guest

Well I think with Rhys' cold it made him hungrier and had been feeding every 2 hours the past few days and the Dr said that was normal and today he has slept in 4 hours intervals and my bb's feel like my milk is just coming in again!! So so so sore!!

I have found a solution to my dummy/bottle problem, he hates the silicon!! So I have bought a latex dummy in the Nuk brand and loves it!! Now I just have to find latex teats for the wide neck bottles. It's never easy running!! All this just to express....Arrrrrrr!!!

I have managed to clean the whole house today and all I have left is the floors and a massive stuck of ironing I haven't done since Rhys was born...:-O!!!! Good luck to me, I HATE HATE HATE Ironing!

Trish - YAY for finally taking the car out.

Re: Fussing on the boob - Rhys has been doing this the past couple of days but I think it has something to do with him not being able to breathe through his nose cause of his cold.

Viv - Let us know if JJ goes feral cause of the immunisations. I wonder if size makes a difference, hope so!! Like they won't react to it as bad as others!!

LizzysMum Guest

Thanks for all the boob fussing stories makes me feel better. She is still fussing a bit today but we have had shocker. Shopping etc in and out of cars and she has not had a decent sleep all day poor love.

Re the sleeping with you thing - I agree with Boomba they just want to be near you. I bring Amara in with us after the 5am feed for a snuggle. My 3 year old still comes in in the mornings too, we love it.

Amara has immunisations on Monday I hate them but agree it must be done for the greater good. DH is coming with me so I don't go to pieces.

Still have not booked my postnatal checkup....sigh

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast