Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #11

Hi everyone.
    I am after some advice today. Ethan had his injections yesterday. He has a slight temp and is quite fussy. How long will this continue for? We have been giving him panadol but are not sure how long this will continue and when we should be concerned. He is also not eating as much. It is so hard to keep him cool with this hot weather in Syd. Any advice?

my doc and nurse said monitor the fever and if it gets to 38 or above, go back to doc. also if it goes on beyond 48 hours.

baby panadol shouldn't be given for longer than 48 hours either - so it coincides nicely.

i just wrapped the boy lightly and used light sheets instead of bunny rug late at night. he would eat on his death bed so unfortunately i can't help you there - although he did fussbag with the nipple a bit.

i also did some bed cosleep feeds so i could keep an eye on him.

all you can do is watch E closely and get him back to the doc if he has a nasty fever or bad symptoms still hanging around by monday. mothers' intuition is an awesome thing, so just go with your instincts.

yesterday i put my nose on the top of james' head and told DH that he was running a temp. once i measured it he was up half a degree. let's see a Dad try that! mind you, i have my nose parked on his head most of the day sniffing up those baby caramel smells... *sniiiiiiff*

dh is off at a christmas party without me tonight. was thinking about rebecca's dh... i believe there'd be some butt-whoopin' going on round here if he tried that... as well as pie-facing you about where he was. i think he's in trouble!
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; December 15th, 2007 at 08:15 PM.

Ursula-I know they grow so quickly I went to pick him up today and went "my gawd you're a lil pudger now!" he's so plump it's so cute I love their chunky little arms and wrists :-). Ryan's grown 9cm in total since birth and is now 5.9kgs I look at him and can't believe some woman give birth to newborns this big! Biiiiggg cudos to them!

Little mr is still grizzly and cries all the time I wish there was more I could do for his poor wee tummy it's been a week on monday but theres nothing they can do just have to keep fluids up :-(. I had an afternoon nap Daddy was at his wits end because he had cried the whole time, wrapped him up and put him in our bed with the air con on (its boiling here) and rubbed his back in 10 minutes he'd fallen asleep, Daddy's a bit annoyed I think because I can get him down so fast lol

Prams-I have my Bertini pram it is the ultimate in 'get out of my way' prams, has nice chunky tyres and is sturdy as a rock, can overflow it with shopping and it doesn't want to tip or anything.

Has anyone noticed that no one moves for prams anymore? I've started to pretend I'm not looking at people so they move or get hit otherwise I have to swerve all over the place! It's so rude! I went to the shops with my housemate and no one would get up so I could feed Ryan who was crying so I said to my housemate to just watch... pulled up with the pram, got a bottle ready, took Ryan screaming out of the pram and said "excuse me" really loudly and squished in between everyone and rocked ryan for a few moments before gettin ready to feed him and within seconds the bench was empty mwhaha, love those lungs sometimes!

Anyways shall leave it here or I could keep typing all night and the cat is destroying a curtain that has a moth in it!!

Ninja - thanks for the advice. His temp is below 38, mostly hangs around the mid 37 mark. The temp is not continuously high so I don't think I should worry too much. I am sure the hot weather has something to do with it too. My major concern is his grumpiness. He is so sad that he needs us to help him get to sleep and always wants his dummy (he usually puts himself to sleep). I hope he can get back into his old routine after tomorrow. I don't want a baby who is reliant on me to fall asleep. He was doing so well. Thanks again.

LizzysMum Guest

Woot fixed ticker - thanks for the help ladies.

Prams - hmm I have a personal collection....a Steelcraft 3 wheeler, great for manouvering. A Peg Perego stroller that lays flat - Brilliant for ease of use and light as a feather. A Steelcraft stroller - does not lie back - good older kids stroller folds up small. I teeny cheepo stroller for Dh's car. My fave is the Peg.

alz - i rock the big fella to sleep all the time. now that we've discoverd ol' fitball, that task is much easier. he is learning to drift off in his cot if i put him in there when he's really sleepy and stroke his head. if i just put him in there when he was tired he'd crack it big time.

i figure with the amount of greeblies running around their systems in the initial stages after the vax, it would make sense that they are more needy. he'll sort himself out...

i have pretty much spoilt james rotten since he got his needles (partial guilty, i'm sure) but to be honest, he's been the best he's ever been behaviour-wise today. i would say less than 20 minutes crying all day.

viv, just looked at those gynosaur ribbons for bf on your sig and there is one for 5 yrs plus wtf?? who would honestly bf for that long??? im planning on 6 months- 1 year, see how i feel(or when the lil bastard gets teeth and tries to bite*cringe*)

LizzysMum Guest

Besides fixing my ticker....

Today was our crying day of the week As "they " say - One bad day a week, one bad week a month yada yada. A had a crap sleep this morning, DH and E went shopping and I finally got her down for one sleep, then we had our nephews birthday party. It was at one of those kids play gym things that are a pit of germs and it was stinking hot. Just waiting to see what disease E has picked up this time. Got home and A went ballistic screaming and screaming. Finally at about 9pm I fed her and she has gone to sleep and won't wake for the 11.30pm feed so I am going to leave her - she'll wake at 3am but she needs the sleep.

On the upside I did make a mango galette tonight and DH and I ate the lot YUM!

Re the length of breastfeeding I know someone who fed one daughter till she was around 6 and at one point I think she was feeding 3 kids. Mind you the older ones its not feeding its more like one drink a day. I am not putting a time limit on Amara (well I draw the line at 6 LOL!). Eliza self weaned at 11 months. I have other friends who have fed to 2.5 years, but again the last year or so is just morning and night 5-10mins max. I think the world average according to WHO is something like 4 years - something to think about.

Tomorrow DH is playing golf and i am taking the girls to see my Dad. Might take Dad and go to the camping shop and check out a mesh gazebo thingy we are wanting to get before our next camping trip, Dad is a camping guru.

My question of the Day - do you put up Xmas lights? We do, Eliza loves them.

Morning all

Had the night from hell. This time it wasn't bubs, who just did the normal feeds, but my dogs. For some reason they were upset and scratching at the door, crying, barking etc. So had to attend to them and then L decided he wanted a feed and so it started.

Managed to get to the shops in time to get a Santa photo. It is so good, he's not smiling but he is looking directly at the camera.

Put up the Christmas tree yesterday. L has yet to see it with the lights on. Can't wait to see if he reacts.

After 3 days pretty much out of the house, have a full day at home today. Have so much washing to do. Also need to get the house ready for our Xmas guests.

HELP please!

I'm scared i'm on the verge of mastitis. I've had a full sore boob since yesterday morning. Max slept through, but the night before that, he didn't, so maybe my bb's overproduced! Anyhoo, now my R boob is in megga pain and has hard lump in it. I've been massaging, in hot showers, putting heat pack on, to no avail. Still feeding through it, but I wince everytime he latches on. My nipple is pretty sore too.....I haven't started feeling feverish or anything though. How long can it take for a duct to unblock? How long should I leave it if it doesn't.....don't want to get mastitis if I can help it!

I think i'm going to try using a nipple shield at next feed......sigh....what a rotten thing to happen to women!!

NinjaT Max has his needles on Monday so I'm hoping it wont make him awful. He has pretty chunky thighs so hopefully they will just absorb it up nicely!!! I'm hearing you with the blocked ducts...yeow!

Minimax - not sure what to suggest for you, but I sure hope its not mastitis! Can you express to help drain it?

Tahlia has slept through the night for 3 nights now... I'm hoping it will continue. Last feed has been between 10 and 11, then she isn't waking till 6.30 - 7! I am very excited! My boobs are so full by the time 6.30 comes around that I want her to wake up!

Kellie - i have been expressing too... got 100ml from it. i ut it in the freezer to save for later!! I also got up for the loo in the middle of the nite last night so took the pump with me just to make sure its not too over loaded. lump doesnt seem as bad at the mo but nip is still pretty sore, im going to see what happens after next two feeds, but that is my limit.

Good on you with Tahlia sleeping through, I remember when Max did it and I was just waiting for it to stop, but it didnt. Only twice in almost 2 weeks has he woke for aiddle of the night feed. Max's last feed is always around 10 or 10.30, and we mostly have to wake him at around 7am. Like you say, the boobies are so full that you want to wake them! After his feed at 7, he goes back to sleep really well till next feed at about 10am. He plays and talks lots in the afternoons. Max loves routine.... he almost poo's at the same time each day!!!

Lets just see what the needles di to him. Gotta think positive!!

Claire Guest

Afternoon!

I'm just reading the previous thread to catch up on the goss!

Urusla - thanks for the info on immunisations. I'm still undecided.

Viv and Ange - Did you have to pay for the vaccines you wanted? Did you have to sign a concientous (sp?) Objector form?

Leah - Harry fusses at the breast, spews and then wants to go back on. Gets tummy ache, spews, feeds and falls into exhausted sleep. We are getting this about once a day before his big afternoon sleep. It's not very nice but I'm assuming it's a stage he's going through?!

Star - Emily is allergic to dairy and it first became apparent whilst I was breastfeeding her. She's two now and beginning to grow out of it. For Harry's sake I gave up dairy whilst pregnant and it's continued from there. I'll allow myself the odd bit of cheese and had an ice cream the other day (but Harry screamed for hours afterwards!!). It's no biggie anymore - the worst was giving up milk in my tea but now I love it and experiment with all sorts of gorgeous yummy teas.

Breastfeeding - I breastfed Emily for nearly 2 years and hope to do the same with Harry.

Me - I've started stashing a store of EBM and I'm well impressed with the Avent ISIS manual - I can cadge 125mls easy from my left breast. Who mentioned lop sided? Yep, my left is much bigger than my right but it does even out again.

Dh has gone to the cricket today - lucky bugger. Slopped off out whilst I had a screaming baby in my arms. I felt really cross and now I'm thinking he really needs to do more around the place. Since I've become a SAHM I'm doing 99% of the housework! What's that all about? As if entertaining two children isn't enough of a job? Never thought my DH would be like that - pffttt! I'm going to get this sorted!!

Well everyone we had an ok night. DH got up for one feed (there was only 2) but he still came in a dozen times (well it felt like it!) to ask me things!
    Ninja - Butt whooping - frankly I am beyond caring. I have too much to do with little miss to give a carp about him right now. We almost made 6 months but I have a feeling my marriage is over - will just wait and see. I am just too beyond tired to care.
    She has been sleeping now for close to 3 hours - not ggood - wont get her down tonight!

Hi everyone!

We've had such a busy weekend I haven't been able to pop in here! Almost finished our Christmas shopping yesterday, then we met friends for brekky this morning and had a first birthday party this arvo that was about an hour's drive away. We then had two seperate visitors when we got home. I am soooo tired now my eyes are stinging and I can barely move!

Kieran was great the whole weekend getting uprooted and taken around the place. I wonder if I will pay for it this week though?

Anyway, hope everyone has had a great weekend and I will post some personals tomorrow when I can think straight!

Trish

just quickly coz the little man is pinging me from his cot...

to those with ducts issues...

i have warded off 3 rounds of blocked ducts without going into masty...

my sister's advice:

drink *****loads of water. and 2000mg of vitamin C. go to bed!!!!

CatherineL Guest

Just wanted to tell Minimax that if infact you are dealing with blocked ducts or engorgement you shouldn't be applying heat as it increases blood to the area and stimulates milk. You should be using cold compresses.

Just popped in to see how you all are.

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

Hi Catherine we have missed you much!!

Amara had her immunisations today waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I ama woosbag. I cried a bit too, I hate seeing my kids in pain. She is sleeping now - for a few minutes anyway. She has been very sad and crying after the needles.

Is everyone prepared for Xmas - not here. I feel like a train is coming at us and we can't get out of the way LOL. Better finish the shopping one of these days.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast