Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Trish - Sunday at 11.30 sounds good to me... I'm sure I'll manage with the feeding!

Becky - I'm get Tahlia baptised too, but haven't even thought about when yet!!

My little baby is growing up... we changed over her pram from the bassinette to the other type last night after a day of shopping where she kept cracking it in the bassinette cause she couldn't see... she is growing up too fast, before i know it it will be her 1st day of school!

Hey everyone!

DH went back to work today . Why on a Thursday?? I have been doing boring domestic stuff, just cleaning up after the boys as usual! Kieran is having great naps today, I wish he was this easy everyday! He is pretty good usually, but sometimes I have to go and resettle him a few times which is a bit annoying! Compared to the sleep probs I had with Joel though, Kieran is PERFECT! He has started sucking on his fists the last couple of days, it is so cute watching him try to make hand meet mouth. I was worried he was doing it because he is hungry, but he is not acting hungry so I think he does it just for the fun of it.

Mo - Sorry I just noticed your question about the cafe being near the reception centre! Do you mean wedding reception centre or like an office reception? Sorry, I'm having a blonde day! I think the cafe/Tea Rooms are used as a wedding reception area too by the looks of it.

Alz - Good luck going dummy free! IKWYM about being woken all night, my eldest DS used to keep us up all night crying everytime the dummy fell out of his mouth. It drove us crazy! It was a great day when he could put the dummy back in himself!

Saffi - What brand of dummy are you using now that doesn't fall out as much?

Nic - That's great you have found some Sydney girls to hang out with. It's so nice catching up with other mums and swapping stories and advice.

Becky - Hope you get to use that jumping castle soon! We're not baptising Kieran, we are church-going Christians and will get Kieran dedicated on his first birthday (we did the same for Joel) and let him get baptised when he gets old enough to decide if he wants to do it himself. Baby baptisms are a great excuse for family to get together though and I think they are a lovely idea and have a great meaning.

Julia - Hope you are staying cool indoors today! Do you have air conditioning?

Kellie - They grow so fast don't they?! It is sad to lose our tiny babies, but it is fun watching them develop too!

Melb gals - I meant to ask, are your partners coming on Sunday? My DH is happy to come along, as long as there is another bloke to talk too!

Trish - Tahlia has started sucking her fist too... before she got her fingers in her mouth and made herself gag! I try to take them out, but as soon as I do, they go back in again!
    Last edited by ~kellie~; January 3rd, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Kellie - My DH is definitely coming so bring yours along! I'm sure my DH will like having some guys to chat to.

Well, I'm a bit depressed today as have just been to the dr and I have mastitis. I feel so lousy all i want to do is go and have a nice long sleep but Hayley is wanting a feed every 3 hours since 11pm last night so I just feel wrecked esp knowing that I'll need to feed her again so soon

We have a wedding on tomorrow afternoon and I really don't want to go now....

Anyone know how long the antibiotics take to kick in before you start to feel better? Dr said "a day or two"....

Nic/Claire/Ursula - I'm planning on coming Monday, will see how I feel...

Aww Kate, sorry to hear you have mastitis . I hope you recover really quickly

ok brisbane girls,

how does next wednesday the 09/12/08 for lunch sound?
    you guys can decide where.

aww Kate i hope it clears up soon, did u get anti biotics for it?

DH is catholic i am not, but we got Nixon christened at 5.5months so will get Tyron done too.
    only thing is i want him to wear the same outfit i had made for Nixon but becaus he is so much bigger then Nixon i think we may have to get it done within the next month or he wont fit into it!

becky Guest

Yeah I cant wait to go shopping for a christening dress this time!!! LOL. I know that really isnt the most important thing, but exciting none the less! Liam looked so cute on his christening day. He was 8 months old and wore a little suit. Gorgeous! I think I have a pic of him on our website.....
    Its not so much me who wants the christening, but DH family is quite religious (Lutheran), and he wanted the kids done so that was fine with me.

Kate - Sounds good to me, but I think Nerida might have mentioned that the week after is best for her? Not sure. Im easy though...

Yeah Nic I got antibiotics and I just had a good little nap so feel a bit better.

We're going to get Hayley christened Catholic. I'm Catholic and DH is Anglican, we were married in his old school chapel which is Anglican so hoping to find a Catholic priest who is Ok with that. As for the Chistening outfit I'm planning on using the fabric from the skirt part of my wedding dress. Part of me thinks its a nice idea and the other part doesn't want to cut up my dress - ahhh the torment -

Hi ladies!!!!

Long time no chat...have missed a few of you

I notice there a few new faces...so hello to you!

Jasmine had her needles today...dr told me theres now 4 and i freaked...but then he realised one is oral...so 3 neeldes and an oral dose...still not good. Chelsea also had her needles and man it was truamatic hearing her cries/scream...Craig took her in...i waited on the other side of the door!

Jas is going well.. sleeping thru the night still, loving her milk and a perfect baby. Now 5.7kg, 60cm long and nurse is impressed with her!

We will get her baptised in July....will be Anglican church...Craig and Chelsea are Anglican...im Catholic.

Sorry to hear about ur mastitis Kate.

Trish ill PM you shortly...

I wont be in the thread much...just now and then to see how your all doing. Im going well....not going to discuss it...but yeah..all ok for the moment.

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this thread but thought I would drop a line and say hi... Love hearing all your stories. My DS is 12 weeks old and I also have a 2.5yr old DS. LIfe is pretty good at the moment DS#2 is sleeping through so I can't complain about that. DS#1 sleeps with us (not be choice) but it's the only way we can get our sleep.

Kate, I hope you are feeling better soon - it's such the pits having mastitas. I had it this time around but I was lucky to catch it on the first day that I felt sore so I wasn't in too much pain for too long. I see you are in Brissie... What part?

Becky, I am the same with the Baptism as you.. My husband is a non-practicing Lutheran (his mum and dad are though). We had DS#1 baptised and will be getting #2 baptised as well. How do you feel about this, do you just go with the flow, do you feel uncomfortable in church? It would be interesting to know your feelings.

I will keep an eye on this thread, love hearing all your stories.

From
    Micky xxoo

Hi Kim - good to see you're back and I'm glad to hear things are all going well with you and the girls.

Micky - hello - thats great that your baby is sleeping thru the night. My little girl Hayley still hasn't done this so I'm living in hope that she will soon. I'm in Sydney, there is another Kate on here who is from Brisbane (Misskate)

Kim, my first bub only slept through the night probably about 1/2 a dozen times. He is 2 1/2 and still sometimes wakes at night - even in our bed.... hee hee. I am sure that things will eventually get better... Make sure you let us know when your efforts succeed... LOL

Micky my bub does sleep thru the night...has from very early on...i think u mixed me up with Kate!

Even my eldest has slept thru from an early age and she is 13 months now!!

I love sleeping kids!!!

Kellie DH is coming on Sunday to the meet up too...

hey kim, welcome back, good to see you here.

hello mickeyndan, great to meet you. i live right near you!! i am in karana downs(if you know where that is) i have a little boy, lachlan who i was very lucky with. he is such an angel, has slept through since he was 2 weeks old and very rarely cries(unless im out with the other bb girls lol) the brisbane and gold cost girls meet up quite regularly from this forum. and i also have another mothers group with some friends so maybe you could come to those. (the other one has babies and kids from lachlan being the youngest to 4 year olds so its always fun)

will be looking forward to meeting you

Wow I mean no offense to anyone here but all the christenings took me by suprise! I thought it was a dead art... no offense my preconception!!

My partner and I are in no way Christian we have decided that for us it feels like we'd be pushing a religion we don't believe in onto a baby who doesn't have the conscious choice of whether they want to or not so we are going to let Ryan decide when he grows up what he wants to do. I personally feel to me that it's not the right thing for us to do to and would be to just make Daddys family happy so no no christening here... My mother said I couldn't do it anyway I'd spontaneously combust trying to enter! Love my mum lol

Ryan is loving daycare, luckily all the uni peeps got their distance ed packs so it is super busy I look at the clock and it's nearly home time! If it was dead I think I'd be a hundred times more upset and missing him. Luckily it should stay super busy for at least a month.

Yay welcome back Kim missed ya!! *hugs* aww poor kidlets it's so hard, Ryan scared the crud out of me. He was all smiles, needle went in and all fine, then started to squeeze the liquid in and blood curtling, ear piercing SCREAM was terrible!

brisbane girls

how about thursday or firday next week???
    amber cant make wednesday

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast