Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Default Babies Born October 2007 #12

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie -
    [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Previous thread here
    Last edited by Trillian; January 9th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

yayy first in!

Lea- the last thread was #12 i think this one should be #13? and the link didnt work for me from the last thread?

Tracey- we havent heard from Belle in a while, she did pop back in a few weeks back but not since then.

Minimax- kickboxing cool! dh and i used to do it pre Nixon, then when we were still in melb (lat r) he was going twice a weekad loved it. i was pg with Ty so couldnt do it but would like to do t again some time. atm i am planning to do a fitball program at home 3 times aweek and also swim a few mornings get up before DH goes to work. LOL about skipping with full boobs ouch!!

i cant remember what else i was goingto say from the previous thread!

Hey all

The new dummies seem to be working. L still spits it out but it doesn't seem to fall out as frequently.

Brissy girls - Hyperdome is fine with me. I would prefer the week after next (w/c 14/1). Do same as last time?

Anyway, bubs woken up so better go.

S

Hey everyone!

Melbourne gals - DH & I (& boys) just went to the botanical gardens (to get out of the house!) and I thought I'd take note of stuff for this Sunday! We parked on Anderson St near the girls grammer school and it wasn't too far to walk, but I'm sure along the yarra isn't that far to walk either. Follow the signs to the Tea Rooms, it is on the lake. There are toilets in the cafe, but no baby change facilities. There is a toilet block very close by with facilities though. We sat outside undercover which is perfect for people with prams. The chairs had no arms (Kellie!), but you could steal one with arms from the water's edge, though they are sloped arms so may not be that helpful for feeding. HTH! If anyone has any q's, just ask. So are we locked in for Sunday at 11:30am?

The last couple of days have been sooo hot that we had to stay inside with the air con on (thank goodness we have air con!). Poor DH & Joel have been going a bit stir crazy from having to stay inside. At least today is cooler. How yucky is it to BF a bub when you are both hot and bothered?!

Anyway, hope you all have a great day!

sounds great trish.

Trish does it cost anything to get into the gardens?
    Thanks for all the info

Mo - Nope, it's free to go in. There are heaps of different gates to get in, just don't forget which one you came through!

lol Trish will do.
    I think I'm bringing my friend who just had her baby 3 weeks ago.We are gonna catch the tram in if she comes

Is the Cafe near the reception center?

becky Guest

Yeah I am easy with the Brissy meet up, whatever suits everyone else....

lmao ange that is a cracker! must tell craig when he gets home

brisbane meet, im easy, as long as its not a sunday or monday. either way with hyperdome or garden city, they are both about half way for me. cept hyperdome is 45mins whereas garden city is 30mins.

Why aren't there any other Perth girls on this thing!! I'm jealous!

I was born in Perth Julia, but I can't help you any more!

Hi all,
    Trish you have my deepest sympathy having to breast feed in the heat. It is really hot in syd too. I am very grateful that I am bottlefeeding. That is hot enough.

Well we are taking the plunge and trying to get Ethan off the dummy for sleep. I think that is the cause of his catnapping and lots of waking up at night. It took ages to get him to sleep last night but didn't do too badly. My only concern is that he will start to suck his thumb. I would rather use the dummy but we are desperate for some sleep at night. We are keeping the dummies for when we are out. Today he has only needed it for calming down but not for sleep.

Hope you all have a great night.

i think there is one more perth person in here Mini max i just cant think who it is?
    there is meet ups for BB ppl in each state though so maybe u can have a chat in one of those threads and go to a meet up sometime?

when i was in melb alot my baby buddies with nixon were in mel, its sad i dont gt to catch up with them anymore cause no one from the sydney side ever met up or really still chats.
    But we have a great little Sydney group going now and Claire are u going on Monday? Kids are both healthy atm so i see no reason thus far why we wont be able to attend!

Ange- rofl at your dh with the chilli hehe!!

becky Guest

Hey all! Im sick of the rain! Know I shouldnt be, we need it so badly, but it has rained every day here since Xmas! Liam got a bouncy castle for Xmas and we havent been able to put it up yet!

Well Chels is going through a 'clingy' stage at the moment. She hates sleeping on you! As soon as she is tired, she will cry until I put her down,and then will happily drift off to sleep (good in a way, but sometimes I would just like a cuddle!!) But when she is awake, she just wants to be cuddled! Is only happy to lay on her own for about 20 minutes, then starts crying to be picked up. Its not really a huge issue at the moment. Just a stage she is going through I guess.

We are planning her baptism for March 30. Got a few rellies from Adelaide coming up for it. Is anyone else getting there bubs christened?

petachristy is from perth.............

Becky - I am looking at getting Caitlyn christened. DH doesnt really see a need (non catholic) but I would like it (Catholic).
    Saffi - I raed about a trick to try and get them to stop spitting the dummy out - when you put it in...give it a little tug. Should trigger a reflex to suck it back in. Just do this a few times and tug on it for a few seconds. Dont know if it will work but good luck!

Oh no...its going to be so hot here today. Forecast for 40. Max is going to hate it! Sigh!

RE: Christening... DH is Catholic, and I am a nothing! so don't really care if he wants him to be christened Catholic, as long as I don't have to do it! FIL is Jewish....our family can't get more twisted!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast