Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #12

Hi ladies, wow everyone is so friendly and chatty... I love it!!! Would love to catch up but I am a no go for Friday the 11th, but maybe the next one... Thanks for the invite.

Becky - I am a little bit funny with the whole baptism thing. I am not baptised / christened and I don't have a religion so that's why I don't understand anything to do with church / god etc. I kind of look at it as if you aren't practicing your religion (ie. a regular church goer) then why would you have your kids baptised - even if it is to keep DH's parents happy (which isn't the reason we are doing it mind you???) I am extremely uncomfortable in church (when we had DS#1 baptised) and am certainly not looking forward to #2 getting baptised however, I do it because it is what DH wants and it's what he believes in. I understand that he "believes" but doesn't have to go to church to believe (IYKWIM). I kind of like the idea of letting our kids decide whether or not they would like to be and giving them the option when they are older (why didn't I think of this earlier - LOL). Don't get me wrong though I am okay with it but just uncomfortable with it (if that makes sense). DH and I have had many discussions about the whole thing and I have clarified with him that if he is getting it done to "please" his parents then it won't be happening!!!!

My DS will be going for 4 month vaccinations soon. I am not looking forward to it (but who does I suppose). He didn't have any side effects with the first lot so fingers crossed he won't with the second. He took them really well which surprised me. My Dr had a nurse with her and they basically did the 3 needles at once so he didn't really have time to think about it, they were just wonderful.

becky Guest

Micky - We arent doing it to keep DH parents happy. Dh wants it done. And I believe that even though we do not go to church, DH still has his strong beliefs, and if he wants our babies done, that is fine with me too.

So going to the Brissy meet up is -

Me
    Kate
    Catherine
    Nerida
    Amelia

Any other takers????? LOL..... Viv, Amber, Terri???

Hi all

Poor L has a fever after his vax yesterday. He hasn't been grizzly, just sleeping a lot and feels really hot. I did give him some panadol this morning but I think he would have slept with or without it. Anyway, it made dragging him around the shops so much easier.

Nickers - I love WW. I am a lifetime member having lost 13kg immediately prior to falling pg. Actually I partly credit the weight loss to becoming pg. I should go back to following the books to budge these last few kilos. Did you have to show a Dr's note to join up? My DH ate what I did and he also lost weight. He loved it.

Have gone back to Huggies nappies. The Babylove ones were leaking. Only had a couple of leaks with the Huggies, so I figure it is better to pay more for the peace of mind.

Got to start packing for our weekend away. Think we will need a whole suitcase just for L's stuff. Wish us luck for the flight!!

Back on Monday. Have a good weekend.

Hi everyone.
    Hope you have all had a great week. I for one am soooo glad it's Friday and hubby can take care of Ethan for a couple of days. I have a bad cold and am feeling miserable. Ethan must know I am feeling lousy because he is being extra difficult. Barely slept today and has not slept for more than 45min in a row.

As for the dummy we gave it back. Ethan started sucking his hand and is trying to get his thumb in his mouth. We really don't want him to suck his thumb. We will leave him alone for now and try again in another few months. I don't suppose it will be so bad when he can stick it in himself.

I know some of you were insterested in how the cloth nappy thing was going. They aren't that bad. I find I am washing all the time with a refluxy baby so a load of nappies every second day is nothing. Still using the terry flats during the day and disposables at night. I have researched modern cloth nappies and some are on order. I have found they are very expensive but I think they will be very good, especially as Ethan gets bigger. Not sure how to fold the terry's to go around a bigger waist than Ethan's.

Hope you are all well.

Kate - hope you are starting to feel better.

For vaccinations Ryan got:

Infanrix Hexa: covers Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, HIB, Hep B and polio
    Prevenar: Pneumococcal
    Rotarix

Says his baby book, 2 needles

our books are red!!!

Maddi got 3 needles plus the oral thing.
    Maddi is due for her 4 month Vax's in 20 days, so not looking forward to those.

Phil might be coming to the meet-up depends on how he feels in the morning.

Sorry Becky, I didn't mean to imply the whole DH parent thing and baptising.. I am sorry if it came across like that... xxoo

becky Guest

No worries Micky

Claire Guest

Micky - welcome!

Nic and Kate - see you Monday! Emily is being a pain again and refusing a day sleep, so she might be acting out a bit!

christening/naming day: My hubby is christian and I'm agnostic. After long debate we decided that we'd let our children decide. We are both spiritual and will ensure our children are introduced to all the fundamentals. We had a great naming day for Em and are looking forward to doing the same for Harry when he has reached a year old.

Made a montage for Jasmine:
    Jasmine Emily at One True Media

And one for Chelsea:

Chelsea Rose at One True Media

Wow Kim, they're gorgeous! Well done, how clever!

they are great Kim thanks for sharing!

Tyron had Infanrix, prevenar & rotarix, but in 2 needles and 1 oral.
    both NSW & VIC books are blue

alz- i hope you kick that cold soon

They are good Kim!

Hayley had 2 needles and the oral dose, of which she spat most of it out so had to have a second go.

I'm feeling a bit better, very tired at the moment as we had a wedding yesterday afternoon but the mastitis is starting to clear up and i'm not as sore anymore thankfully. Didn't get to be as bad as i thought it might be so i'm happy about that.

Nic/Claire - i probably won't make it on Monday as i have to go and help out at DH work for the day. Have a nice catch up though. Hope Emily goes back to having her day sleeps soon Claire!

Kim - very cute!

Kim - they are gorgeous!

Melb girls - are you over this heat yet? I am!

Tahlia had an excellent sleep last night.. put her down about 10, but she woke at 10.30 with a pain, finally burped out the pain and got her down again about 11.30, then she didnt wake up until 8.00! Then I fed her, and put her down again at 9, and she slept till 11.30... now she is wide awake and laughing at the world

Wow Kellie that is an awsome sleep! The better they sleep, the more they sleep, and the happier they are. Max is sleeping like a log today too. His last feed yesterday was at about 7:30pm, he was in bed by about 8:30, he stirred around 11ish when DH got home from the cricket (fun for him!) went straight back to sleep, and WE had to wake him up at 7am....my boobies were about to explode! He was back in bed at about 8am, woke at 9:15, played for 45 min, fed, then back in bed by 10:45....slept till 12 woke for about 30 mins, thought he was hungry but no....STILL TIRED! He's back in bed and it's 1pm!!

He will probably wake up and be the size of a teenager!!!!

Kellie i am so over this heat & looks like next week is gonna be hot as well.

Look forward to meeting the Melb girls tomorrow

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast