Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #30

Default Babies Born October 2007 #30

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-29-a.html

Trish M is doing well, very clingy & still not doing Poo's regularly, only been twice since Sunday & they weren't big ones. Dr's said it might take awhile for her tummy to go back to normal.
    Poor Joel, glad her ended up enjoying himself.

Rebecca Yay on C cutting her 1st tooth & Happy 9 Months to Caitlyn!

Ange can't believe Lu weighs more than M, She certainly does her food.

Julia glad you had fun boxing

Viv- I do the same as Ange, M get's so dirty crawling around that i don't bother changing unless we are going out. So we go through 2-3 including sleepwear.

As for tricks M can swallow glass, Wave, Clap, crouch down & pick up her dummy by herself no holding onto anything, can stand for about 30 seconds before she topples over.
    We can say Mumma, Bubba, Dadda & Nanna & it think that's it.
    M is now 72cms long how long are all the other bubs?

I AM SO SOOOORRREEEE!!!!

Mo - Max is 71cm. He was that at 8 months, and hadn't grown at 9 months....so his growth spurt was between 7 and 8 months, and he stunted between 8 and 9!

Julia good on you for doing the boxing its lots of fun but you pay for with pain after!
    viv we have a steelcraft holiday stroller we got from big w at the baby sale! Its pretty good! It reclines and has a sunshade thingy but we only use it when we go camping cause the bugaboo is more comfy for him!
    Mo Maddi will be walking in no time! hows things with you?

Cant remeber what was said inn the last thread sorry!

Myles is sleeping a lil better! We will get there! i just loose the plot sometimes cause i am so tired! Cant remember if i said but Myles has mastered the sitting thing!yay! Finally! He will crawl then stop and sit which makes him look so grown up! I saw a physic the other day and she said so much about myles! she said in about 5 or 6 months there will be a big change! Hoping that means he will sleep for 12 hours straight haha! She also said he will get the measles which made me sad! what are the chances of getting them before the vax? By the way i dont take what she says as gospel its just a bit of fun!

Hope your all having a great day xxxx

i wouldn't mind if we got measels here before vax, at least you get life long immunity. i had a really accurate reading once, too scared to go again now. So Myles was crawling and standing, but couldn't sit? wierd.... those sleep deprived crisis moments are the pits, glad things are looking up for ya.

Mo- 72 here i think, whatever average is.

Juila- That's what you get for excercising and showing us all up! :P *jelous, wishing i was sore from some form of physical excercise*

So after our cracker nights sleep, we were up at 12am, 2am, 3.30am and then 6.30 for the day. wooohooo. not. tried to sleep this am, but i am no good at sleeping during the day. Whinge over.

So ange there would be no long term effects if he got the measles before vax? Ooh what did your reading say! Some of the stuff she said was and has been spot on! hope Lu sleeps better tonight x

Anyone have probs weaning off the wrap? We're having pretty bad day sleeps here taking about 20-40 mins to settle himself off to sleep and had to go in just now after about an hour when he finally cracked it and pat him off. This morning was pretty good, grizzled on and off for 10 mins then had a good sleep. Nights are fine so far, no change.

I'm so tempted to start wrapping him again but promised myself I'd give it a week's adjustment period. He's just way too mobile and although he doesn't get upset when he gets out of it, it's becoming a pain. Gotta get out of it sooner or later. Don't remember it being this painful with DD but I honestly think that's my mummy amnesia kickin' in...we block out the bad stuff and keep the good! LOL.

Amber - visiting a friend in QLD in October and she's going to take me to see a psychic she saw recently. I had a reading once that was so spot on it was frightening. Unfortunately he has passed away now and never been able to find another good one. After getting sick, losing our bub, ttc, IVF etc I was too scared to go cause I thought they'd tell me I'd never have another baby but no reason not to go now. I hope the 'big change' is more sleep - it's gotta come eventually, right??!!

Generally measles suck for a few days but no long term effects, there can be complications but they are rare. I think the measles vax only came in when i was a kid. My older brother had measles without incident.

Sorry Willow, no help with the wrapping. But like you say you have to wean him sometime and it's never going to be easy. Maybe you could replace the wrap with anothy sleep que, like a lovey or a sleeping bag.

He's been in a sleeping bag for months Ange, with just a light wrap loosely over the top, which is why I didn't think it'd be this much of an issue. Guess I just don't seem to catch any breaks with the sleep thing...

Yeah, measles in a child is usually a very mild virus, the risk is to the greater public ie people with suppressed immune systems, prg women etc. which is why the vax was introduced,

Ok so i shouldnt be too woried if he does get it! do you come out in spots? you know what i will just google it or will that freak me out!

Willow do you know what the physic is called up here! I have heard there is a really fantastic one out at ipswhich which i tried to get into but she is so busy? Heres hoping the change is better sleep

hi everyone
    sorry cant remember what was in the last thread...

julia - i feel your pain, feeling sore today too, cause I went to a pram fitness class yesterday which also involved boxing (and squats, and weights etc)

Mo - Tahlia was 69cm at her last checkup which was her 7 month one, so I'd say she'd be around 71 or 72 now too cause all her pants are getting short!

Willow - we are still wrapping here, but most of the time she is getting out of it so I think its time to try and wean her from them too. I'm not looking forward to it though!

woo hoo! just saw my new av!

OOOHH Kelli lookind hot totrot! Wootwoot!!!

if only I had abs/ a waist like that in real life!

Aw Kellie you have your pooch on your av too! Glad I'm not the only crazy dog lady around here!

Kellie hot av.
    I should update mine soon.

Amber i think they come out in a rash not 100% sure tho.
    I had the measles as baby & i turn out pretty good, well i think i did anyways lol.

Minimax - your the one that gave me the idea to add my pooch!

Exciting news, my friend just had her baby, another little girl (well not too little, 3.85kgs). I cant wait to meet her!

Kellie - Too cute! My pooch is my other child!

OK so.....went to the chiro today. Was GREAT! He was really nice, and it didn't involve any cracking or anything. I'm sold...not to mention he was totally HOT! So, because Max came out with his hand on his head, he's a bit out of whack. Combined with a bit of physio, things should come good for him. I know, they probably would have if I didn't do either of those things, but I am glad I went anyway....even if it's just for the eye candy!!!

Question Would anyone here have their child participate in any 'trials'? I got a thing in the mail about a vaccine trial they are trying to get kids into. What does anyone else think of it? I'm a bit scared! I know it's probably harmless, as if it is a positive trial, then every kid would get it but.....??

Right off to bed! Night

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast