Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #5

becky Guest

ok I have a link now with pics if anyones interested!

Celtic - I hope your feeling better really soon! Do they let you have Ryan in hossy with you? I always wondered that!

Tiera's cord fell off on day 5 or 6. It was hanging by a thred for a couple of days (which wasn't very nice) then just fell off during a nappy change. Her belly button has bled a bit since then, but nurse says it is all nice and healthy looking. TIERA HAS AN INNY ALREADY!!! lol
    Last edited by Tiff+2; November 17th, 2007 at 07:10 PM.

Celtic - I hope you are OK you poor thing! Rest up as much as you can

Becky - Your link doesn't work because you have accidently put "www.www" at the start. It worked when I took out one of the www's! Chelsea is just gorgeous.

Leah - I used NUK dummies with my first son and thought they were great. The only reason I'm not using them this time is because of the cost! DS used to keep losing them and it cost me too much to replace them all the time. He only liked NUK dummies so I couldn't substitute them for anything else.

Tiff - I know you will do great on your own with Tiera! You will find a lot just comes naturally. I hope she gets better soon.

ETA - I just noticed that this was my post # 666!
    Last edited by ~Trish~; November 17th, 2007 at 07:28 PM.

becky Guest

K guys it should work now!

CatherineL Guest

YAY Viv! Ro and I were starting to feel like loners on the whole bub looking at Mumma whilst BF'ing... Seriously, she looks at me when I give her a bottle too... but it does nothing for me - I reckon she must send my body some whacky hormones with those suckles to the boob.

Pish - Is it not normal for babies to have an inny already? I thought they either had an inny or an outty? Ro's was an inny as soon as the stub fell off.

Ro's stub fell off just after a week... and jeez was I glad because god dammit it stunk! I didn't want to even hold or feed her the smell of rotting flesh was that bad! Did you guys clean your little ones stub? We didn't realise we had to until just before it fell off... and then the midwife told us we had to pull the stub right back and get in there and clean it. We were never told to at the hospital even when i enquired about the stub.

I have milk in my jugs again tonight... but not as much as last night, probably because I didn't have a nap today - I feel fine though!

Well hope you all have a good night with the bubbas... toodles! X

ETA - Laura... Get well soon! :hugs:

becky Guest

Yeah Chels's stub fell off at 5 days, and I agree with the stink thing! LOL
    And same, Chelsea's button was an inny straight away too - so was Liam's

Oh Becky the photos of Liam and Chelsea are so cute!
    Nic - got your txt with mondays details, thanks
    Celtic - hope you feel better soon!
    Leah - i'm using the avent dummies with Hayley, I've tried a few others but they all seem too big and the poor little thing seems to choke on them. Someone told me to try and get her on the Happy baby ones as soon as she can cope with the bigger size as they are the cheapest.

Hayleys cord fell off when I was changing her at about 12 days old or thereabouts

Well we're off to the beach tomorrow morning - DH will go surfing and I'll take Hayley for a walk as I'm not keen to get on the sand just yet, then we'll follow that up with a nice big breakfast!

Qu's: at what age can babies go in the surf? can you use sunscreen on them yet??

Yay Becky... my PM must have helped ya...glad to see the link works for ya piccies!!

I use NUK dummies for both girls...but took them off Chelsea once she worked out they could fit in her mouth.

OMG Catherine...remember that NUK thread we were both having our 2 cents worth in??? LOL

Maddi uses the NUK dummie's & they are so expensive, she also uses the NUK bottles.
    I use a dummy chain because she had the worse habbit of spitting the dummy at the wrong places(car park etc...).

Celtic hope you feel better soon.

Becky love the pics

I'll be sending my SS gift this week, I'll probably open mine unless my SS wants me to wait
    I brought Maddi a cute little outfit for christmas it's a t-shirt & santa hat also got her a christmas hairband.

Jasmine gazes inot my eyes when i feed her too...and holds my pinky.

Xmaz for Jas i got: Xmaz outfit, santa stocking with her name, soft POOH book, clothes, xmaz bauble with her name. Still need to buy lots more...but kinda blew the budget on Chelsea's birthday gifts..!

Mo how do you find the NUK bottles? I used them for Chels with no troubles but Jas has problems sucking from them. So now just use Avent...our fridge is packed with millions of them...i always confuse Chels's with Jas's...gotta pay attention to the numbers on the teats!

becky Guest

Hey
    Is anyone else's bub holding their heads up? Chels is so good at it. Of course we always still support it, but when she is lying on her tummy (especially when she is laying on me) sh can hold her head up and just stare at you for like 5 minutes, without dropping it! I remember Liam was like this too. She is also smiling non sto at the moment too!

Maddi has been doing it for awhile now, i can't believe how much stronger he gets everyday.

Kim Maddi seems to like the NUK ones we used the Avent/Medela ones while i was expressing & she didn't like them too much, Also tried the Tommee Tippee ones but she push the teat down because they are so flexible.

CatherineL Guest

TBH Becky, Rochelle has been able to hold her own head up since birth... But I kind of thought that was the norm now a days? Kids seem to be stronger and smarter? Our Dr and nurses commented on it, but I've seen plenty of other babies do it also. I don't think she's given us a genuine smile yet... but we've had the pleasure of lots windy ones that look real and It's nicer to think they are real!

Kate - Sunscreen is fine - but just use the sensitive or baby stuff... Not sure about the surf, but bubs can swim in a pool as long as there belly buttons are Ok.

Kim - Yes, I remember... that was intense!

I also have nuk dummies and a nuk chain... but we are still yet to use them.

Bris/GC meet up... How soon do you ladies want to meet up? this week, next week, December? Does anyone have days that aren't good for them?

Kimbaz-have mastitis and another infection in the uterus, I didn't have a temperature so means my body wasn't fighting it or something like that. Pumped me full of drugs then sent me home with more lol, having 8 tablets a day fun times..

Yes they let bubs in with you if they are very young/breastfeeding. I have a friend (got kicked out of home by her bf but are still on and off big dramas...) staying with us so she looked after Ryan till Daddy got home

Feeling better just very tired, starting to get cramps today maybe AF around the corner? Has anyone got AF yet? How long till you're meant to get it? Just been FF from all the drugs they reackon these ones are safer (but are heaps stronger) so I don't want to risk Ryan by pumping him full of antibiotics too... you can get AF a lot earlier if you don't BF right?

Becky-yes Ryan does too when he's laying on my on his tumy he lifts his head up to look at me usually for about 2-3minutes before he finds something else to stare at.

How's everyone else holding up? Any chrissy plans?

i thought babies weren't supposed to be in the sun until 6 mths?

yes, stump was cheezay!

jj was a head holder too but then he was the size of a school kid so what did i expect? sometimes i forget he's a newborn.

CatherineL Guest

Poor thing Lauren... even just expressing with mastitis feels like razor blades! But you have to keep emptying them for the sake of the mastitis anyway... Least Ryan won't have to suck out all the puss and mucous! Poor Ro

ETA - Viv, The home MW told us to take her outside and lay with her on a rug for some fresh air etc. obviously in some shade though... Plus you can get swimming lessons from birth now.

Cath - Would prefer a weekday,'tho can do a weekend, and the only days that don't suit me are 19/11, 20/11, 23/11, 6/12 and 13/12. Would like to meet up sometime in the next month, before Xmas festivities start to take up all our time? Maybe the first week of December?

Celtic - sorry to hear u have been so unwell. Hopefully u are on the road to recovery now.

We use Avent everything - dummies, teats, pump, steriliser, bottles. Did buy some Tommee Tippee dummies but they are too big for him.

L slept from 6.30pm to around 10.30 last night. After a feed he then slept until 4am. After numerous feeds couldn't settle him. DH then reminded me of that settling technique u use Trish. Within 10 mins he was asleep. Mind u he screamed for 5 mins and if DH hadn't of been with me I would have given up. He then slept for another 2+ hours- as did I. Got to learn not to panic and be more persistent.

Off to the inlaws today. Will be L's first outing to another person's home. fingers crossed.

Thanks Trish for the colic advice. I don't think that is his problem - more just being overtired and how we settle him. Will keep in mind tho.

Brissy meet up Im available any day!
    Myles cord fell off on day 7 I think?
    He has alos been holding his head up from week 3 I think!....gee this baby brain I really should write this stuff down! He is a real sticky beak I think once he can do it himself he will be happy!

Christmas plans, My favourite time of year! I am so excited about christmas! We have friends coming from the uk for the week before, then DH brothers family coming for the 2 weeks over christmas! Also my mum and dad will have their pool finished so yay we can swim the whole time! Cant wait to get Myles in there!

sorry no personals today I am trying to stay off the computer for a day! Well obviously it didnt work!

Hope you all have had a great weekend and have had some type of sleep!

Cuddles to mummas and bubbas! xo

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast