Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #5

CatherineL Guest

How about Monday the 26th November ladies? Would we like to do a lunch thing or morning tea?

Amelia Guest

26th suits me!! How bout we make is like a 10am/11am thing that way for those who have to travel can get home in time for a afternoon nap themselves!!

Morning ladies!

So jealolus of your meet-up!... Although I did get to meet some Perth BB mummies last night (no kids or bubs), at a dinner one of the girls organised. I was the newbie - they all knew each other! And are meeting at the park with kids/bubs on Wednesday, so gonna try and get to that too.

Cord - I can't remember when Kaylee's fell off, can't remember it smelling but I was cleaning it pretty well, as shown by the midwife at the hossy when they showed us how to bath her! Kaylee had an innie as soon as it fell off!

Beach - I dunno, but would be interested to know! But can tell you mum had me down at the beach at 8-days old - but not in the water... And sure we will have Kaylee down at the beach soon . But very cautious about keeping her out of the sun as she has mummy & daddy's very pale complexion!

Head - Kaylee has been pretty good at holding her head since birth, but we definitely still support it - especially when she is tired, then she get's lazy!

Having lunch with a girlfriend today! Lots on this week too, actually really feel like a day at home...

Claire Guest

Hi all,

This is the first time I've been on BB in about two weeks. Having two children is a shock to the system I can tell ya! I'm exhausted by about 3pm. Trying to get them both to take a sleep around the same time is a challenge, sometimes it works but mostly one is awake whilst the other is asleep.

Parramatta Park meet-up: Ursula I sent you an SMS yesterday to confirm details. KateP - it will be really nice to meet you! Basically once you get to the park, you can only go through it in one direction. The cafe is about 2/3 of the way around. You can't miss it really, it's near the river and has toilets attached to it. KateP I have your mobile number I think from Nicole's list so I will SMS you so that you have my number aswell.

Nic - Sorry you can't be there! Not sure what happened to you at the park as I've only scanned this four pages but I can guess'ish! AND I completely understand only doing one thing a day, that's all I can manage if that!!

I saw that parenting advisor I was talking about and she gave me some great advice for managing the two children and getting them into a routine. Talking to her really helped me to understand the stage my eldest is going through at the moment plus it was good to hear we are all normal and I'm a good mum!!

Baby Harry is a chiller which is awesome. I can lay him on his play mat and he'll fall asleep. Emily was never able to do that, but then I wasn't as relaxed as I am this time around! First time mum and all that.

It's been hot this past few days and I think Harry has *****ly heat?! I've been wearing him in the HAB a lot and I think that might have caused it!

kim - james has pulled a jasmine today. has only slept 5 hours in total since midnight! gah! little rat!!!

i even put the new HAB on DH to try the tying... and james spewed all over dh's chest and the inside of the freshly washed HAB.... just part of the many fun and games occurring in my house today.

bah!

so, 26th, is this at the piazza? i'll have my mum up, is she invited too?

Qu: for HAB users... did you find it hard to do at first and did your babies like it? how many attempts did it take?

Qu2: do you find that your babies spew randomly or do you see a pattern?

CatherineL Guest

Yep logan piazza Vivienne.. and your mum is more than welcome to come! Hope James sleeps really well for you tonight.

Claire - Glad to hear things are going well with you - I admire you ladies who have more than one to manage... I'd love to do it all again, but I honestly don't know how I would manage with more than one. I suppose it's different with subsequent babies also, I know I dote alot on Rochelle and I suppose I wouldn't have the time to if I had two. High five for coping so well all you subsequent baby Mums!

Peta - Glad you had a good night out with the gals last night... I was invited to a friend's 30th just before and I had to decline because I can't really leave Rochelle at home even if Dan was to stay home with her because of the BF'ing thing - I mean I could express, but then i'd have the issue of not emptying my breasts and then i'd probably leak everywhere and it all just seems too hard! Geez.. I'm glad your hossy told you about cleaning bubs belly button... wish they had freaking told us! We even had to get cream from the Drs once it fell off because it looked a bit sore.

Have you guys decided what your buying bub for Christmas?

Afternoon everyone,

Head - Tiera has been holding her head since birth, but holds it up for a lot longer periods now. When I am sitting on the lounge with her on my chest she likes to hold her head up and look out the window.

Dummies - I use Avent dummies and Avent bottles, breast pump and sterrilizer. I find their products to be fantastic! I found some other brands of dummies, the teat was too fat for such a little mouth.

Tiera seems to be on the mend. Her poos are going back to the mustard colour, slowly but surely. The community nurse will be back on Tues, so hopefully what ever she's had will be out of her system and she will have put on weight. I'm really scared what she may suggest if Tiera hasn't put on any weight! Do you think she may suggest I give up Breast feeding??? That is what I am most worried about... I'm not ready to stop feeding her!

Qu - For the ladies who had stitchers.... Do you still have pain weeks later??? I am finding hard chair are extreamly painful when I am sitting on the (at Cafe's etc), but hrs later I am in terrible pain. I can't sit or stand, I take a panadol and when possible I go straight to bed. Toiletting is also rather painful. I'm just not sure if all of this is normal?!

Have a great afternoon!

Viv James ans Jasmine must be communicating today...cos she has been awake since her 11am feed and wont sleep, keeps spewing thru her bed. Changed her clothes 2 times already and need to again now. Just washed all her sheets that were clean on yesterday. Arghhhh!!

Tiff i have no problems where my stitches were, no pain or anything. Perhaps get it checked out.

Maddi has been so unsettled today, this hot weather is really taking a toll on her.
    Tomorrow is suppose to be even hotter what fun.

For the Vic Meet-up, do you ladies want to meet-up at a Park, lake, Beach or Cafe & how far is everyone willing to travel?

Cath no idea on what to buy Maddi, she has everything she needs right now & she's not that interested in toys yet.

Kim what are you doing for Chelsea's 1st b'day?

hey
    the stitches thing, mine have dissolved now and it does feel a little different but no pain where they were. although i do have some pain in my urethra(wee hole sorry to be graphic) feels like a bruise when i go to the loo??? anyone alse???

where is the logan piazza??? me and lachie might be there although mondays are craigs day off so might be doing family stuff. see how i go

Only tender bit where stitches are can be found DTD..so just choose careful possies...but dont hurt....i dont mind it..just lil tender.

Mo im willing to travel any where. Try see if we can make it pram friendly...i think a park would be nice...shady area. All i can think of outdoors could be a bit warm on bubbys?

Tuesday is ment to be 35 Mo...ouchy!

For Chelsea's birthday she is having 3 parties. One next weekend for her VIC friends, then on the 1st Dec one at Mums and then 2nd Dec is one at IL's. Her biggest party is one at mums.

becky Guest

Hey Pish, Ihave had no pain really since day 2 this time, but with DS I got a third degree tear and was in pain for several weeks. I think it depends on how bad your tear is.If it gets worse tho, something may be infected so Id get it checked out!

Had a wedding last night, Lualla slept like a log most of the time, had her in the sling carving up the dance floor, she loved it! She's not tired and grumpy but i am! LOL Early night tonight.

HAB took a while to get the hang of. For all of us! Now if she is a little unsettled it is harder to get her in, but once she relaxes it is ok. Getting the tension right is tricky, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. She loves it. But i have copped a few cleavage spews!
    Re spewing, no pattern i can see sometimes alot, othertimes not at all....... wish i could work out why.

I am happy to meet anywhere, outside park/beach would prob suit those with toddlers better. We will go anywhere. what about you Mo?

Prob wont get much for Luella for chrissy, everyone else is going to spoil her and we dont need to accumulate 'stuff' at the moment as we only have to move it. And she will be only 3 months old after all. Something little, not sure what.

Stitches- i didn't really have any pain associated with them.

sorry, feeling lazy, can't remember all the other posts!

Amelia Guest

The Piazza is at the Logan Hyperdome....Its part of there new outdoors area.

Re: Christmas - We are buying Rhys a Jolly Jumper not that he can use it yet and a power plus swing and another cot set!! We have the Kids Line Constuction Zone cause DH is a truck mechanic/driver so he chose it and I want to get the Leap Frog one as well for a change of scenery for Rhys when he is in there.

CatherineL Guest

Man, I am SO fortunate I didn't tear... sounds nasty guys... sorry to hear! I didn't have any trauma (besides actually giving birth) down there and yet i'm still scared DTD willl hurt... The MW wanted me to put a finger in when I was in the shower when she was having home visits with us - but I wasn't game too.

Rochelle is getting a jolly jumper too... and will have to buy her a whole heap more clothes because she just about doesn't fit into all the stuff we have for her.. and we have *****loads... so much of it hasn't even been worn! Luckily my SIL is having a little girl next March. Here Daniel and I were worried that it was all going to be too big for her when I was pg... how wrong we were!

Angela - How awesome is that, that you were carving it up on the dance floor... I can only imagine how much fun last night was!

I'm the same with Ro spewing, sometimes she has really big spews.. other times just a little spit up and sometimes nothing at all. CHN said it's because we aren't spending enough time burping and she is obviously getting pockets of wind under a feed and she's trying to bring up a burp and brings up any milk on top of it. Well thats how she explained it to me... So as I said earlier - we are now taking more time to burp often during feeds.

Kate - will Craig come along with you? Otherwise we can change to another day...

girls are any of your partners coming along??? craig will come if there is other guys, but if not can we change the day??? best days for me is tues through saturday. sorry to be a bother

CatherineL Guest

Kate, I don't think Danny will be home - he will probably be out at work, but if he is home he will probably come. But anyways, a change of date is easy...

How about the 27th of November then? That's the Tuesday.

Brissy/GC gals - Either 26th or 27th after 10 is fine with me. Not too familiar with the Hyperdome, but can work on the details. DH says it for us girls so he won't be coming.

Think the stiches have gone, haven't checked recently. No pain, swelling or bruising, still bleeding.

Haven't thought yet about chrissy pressies for L. Dilemma - be to practical and get stuff he needs or some luxury items????? Do want to get a special decoration for the tree. Don't normally decorate the house at Xmas, but with a child will make the effort. Also, now should do a letter or card with the family photo.

Family get together went well. L behaved himself. My 1 year old niece has grown so big. Realise it won't be all that long until L is that size.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast