Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #5

LizzysMum Guest

Hi BB,

Thanks for the feedback on the NUK dummies. I agree on the price!!! I only use them for mega festy times so we won't lose them but they are still $$$! Will try to go to the Happy Baby when she is bigger.

A does not look at me yet when feeding she either closes her eyes or stares at something, she does hold my pinky though - too cute

I went out with her in the pouch the other day and se slept the whole time, I am getting the hang of it.

My first trip to preschool by myself tomorrow. I am using DH's car as he has a capsule - I just have a turned around seat. Hoping to keep her in the capsule, covered with muslin. Bet we are at least 1/2 hr late LOL!

Have not comtemplated DTD yet even though I have no pain, I am still having spotting and I am so tired I can't be bothered. Not looking forward to the post natal check as I need a Pap Test but guess it has to be done. I don't have a girly bits doctor here yet so am going to one recommended by my Middy. Not real comfy with our male family doctor going there IYKWIM.

Bit of celeb goss - my family doctor is the brother of Peter Morrisey (fashion dude) amd husband of Marcia Hines LOL!

For Xmas we got Amara a cloth dolly that can go in the wash. Eliza wants a yellow frisbee and a slushie maker HA!! Where that came from I have no idea.....

Night,

Morning everyone!

Not looking forward to today, it is going to be 37 degrees, yuck! I used to love hot weather, but with a baby it is so horrible. Keiran wouldn't settle after his 6pm feed yesterday, I think it was a combination of being so hot and that MIL came over. He seems unsettled when there is a lot of activity going on during his sleep time. Luckily he slept really well overnight, but wouldn't settle after his 6am feed until about 5 minutes ago! He went 5 hours between feeds for two nights in a row now which is great.

Tiff - I would get checked out by a dr to be on the safe side, but from memory you had an episiotomy? I'm guessing you would feel more pain for longer after having one. I haven't had any probs with my stitches and I'm guessing they are well and truly gone. Luckily I only had a first degree tear this time.

Saffi - Glad the settling technique worked. It is still working really well for us. The MCHN said that it feels like forever that they are crying while you settle them, but if you time it on your watch it is usually only a minute or two. I tried that theory out and she was right! He usually only takes about 20-30 seconds now.

Leah - Wow, your doctor sounds facinating! Does he have any stories to tell? It's great when you can have a (kind-of) claim to fame! Our house was built by Kylie Minogue's grandparents and our neighbours who built next door tell us that she and Danni used to run around the back yard when they were little. So that's our claim!

Re: Christmas pressies, I have NO idea what to get Kieran. We so don't need any more toys. Maybe something boring like clothes. Amelia and Catherine - Jolly Jumpers are a great present, I'm sure your bubs will love them!

Morning ladies!

Thanx for the advise. Trish I tore, I had 3 deg tear... YUK! I have the comm nurse coming again tomorrow so I'm going to let her know and see what she recommends.

Chrissy prezzies - Tiera will be getting toys (toys for car and a few roll toys etc), jolly jumper, play gym, books, etc. I know she is going to get REALLY spoilt for grandparents, aunties uncles and great grand parets, so I'm trying not to go over board! Tiera has sooooooo much clothing from people buying her prezzies. I only bought her about 3 suits, but she has so much I honestly dont need to buy a thing for the next 6-8 months. People have even given us bigger winter clothes! Spoilt little girl!!!

Had a good couple of nights on our own. DH doesn't even stir when I get up to her! lol

Have a great day!

Vic Meet-up i was thinking Rickett's Point Beachside Café
    It has a web page if you ladies wanna look it up.
    But it's right on the beach, has a BBQ, gardens & it's on this side of town.
    Are we bringing partners along?

Maddi & i had crappy night, she didn't sleep for longer than 2 hours at a time & i don't think today will be much better.

just quickly...

today's question: what are your burping techniques and your collection of burping positions with which you have the most success. i'm thinking little gas-pig needs some more help.

Hi Ladies,
    Christmas pressies - still have no idea! Might get her some sort of toy thingy that they sit in and play, not too sure what they are called... not going to go too overboard though, cause I'm sure everyone else will... I am definitely getting a santa photo though!

Viv - Tahlias best burping position is probably sitting upright on my lap with my hand under her chin, or over the shoulder also works well too

Tahlia and I had a bad night last night, fed her at 8.30 and she wouldn't settle, kept crying, so I finally gave in and got her dummy, which put her to sleep! It looked so huge on her little face! Then she woke for another feed at 11.45, and then didnt fall back asleep till 3 am! I was crying from exhaustion, she was relatively happy as long as I was holding her, as soon as I put her down she cried, and the dummy didnt work. I was too scared to hold her in the rocking chair cause I was falling asleep from being so tired and I was scared I would drop her! She has been better this morning though, she has gone back to sleep straight away after each feed so I took advantage of it, and slept until 11.30! I still feel really tired though

Vic meetup - I dont live anywhere near the cafe suggested, but I'm willing to travel seeing I'm the only one over this side. What dates were we thinking? A weekend or a week day?

Hey everyone. It has been a while since I got on here but I just wanted to say hi and to let you all know that I am still here.
    We got back to Cloncurry on Saturday afternoon. Caitlyn did really well on the 8 hour car trip - slept most of the way - which is more than I can say for today - she has maybe slept 1/2 hour since her 6 am feed. Just cant seem to settle her!
    Anyway - she is turning a little red in the face right now so I had better go and see what I can do! But I am at my wits end I am sure.

Amelia Guest

Any day besides the 3/12 is good for me!! 3/12 I have my 6 week check up and I have to do my follow up glucose test!!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi today

Amara had here mega festy session again last night from around 8.30pm. I cracked and gave her the dummy, she went off to sleep in my arms and I put her down in her snuggle bed....little beast slept until about 1am!!! and who was still up waiting for her to feed AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

So I have had about 4 hours sleep, got Eliza to preshcool ad come home for a rest and Miss A will not settle, cripes! The day seems so short, I have to be back and pick up Eliza in 2 hours!!

Hope all your days are better than mine.

To my SS I may not get to the Post Office today, sigh.........

Amelia Guest

Well I forgot to add earlier Rhys had his 1st month check up this morning and he is a whopping 5.2kgs already!! Not one 0000 outfit fits him anymore, and neither does the newborn nappies!! He is so his father.....And I got my first smile last night while DH was bathing him. Now I juat have to catch on camera!!

^^^it's nice to know someone else has a big fella banging around the place...

i look at jj's head all the time and thank the lord i didn't push him out... he's into the infant nappies now too. *flexes baby-holding biceps*

lol Viv how long is JJ now? Love the pics on facebook he is a real cutie.
    Viv Maddi's best position is the same as Tahlia's

Kim got the nappy today thanks

Yea i'm sry Kellie, i remember you posting that you would perfer a early next year meet-up & since Ange might not be down here i thought we could do 2 meet-ups.
    With the 2nd one being more in the middle for everyone, unless everyone wants to find some where more in the middle this time.
    I'm happy to go with the majority
    Last edited by Khaleesi; November 19th, 2007 at 01:28 PM.

im still waiting for my first smile, had an "almost" smile a few times but not qiet there.
    Tyron did greatlast night, fed him at 9.30pm, bed by 10.30pm and didnt wake till 4.15am, back tobed about 5am he stirred at 6.15am and came and had a cuddle with me before his nexxt feed at 7.30am.

thanks for the tip re: hand under chin burping. little guy looked like he wanted to thank me. no one ever really showed me how to do it. i just remember seeing people with them hoiked over the shoulder.. he hates that.

so, happy gas-free house for me today... (except for dh) *rolls eyes*

catherine -are you getting louis to do your 6 week check? i'm too scared...

Hi all

Went for a walk with L yesterday, away for 90 minutes and he didn't grizzle once. I was so proud of him and myself. When I got home I fed him, and tried to put him down. He wouldn't go to sleep but didn't scream either. In the end I sat with him in my arms until he did sleep about an hour later. Still happy about that. He slept from 8ish to around 2am. We then had interupted feeds/sleeps for the next 3 hours. Even your technique Trish didn't work like usual. In the end DH got up and settled him within 15mins! He woke at 7am and I fed him and put him back to sleep at around 7.30am and the bugger slept until 10.30am. Unfortunately I had an appointment and couldn't go back to sleep. He has been asleep now for a couple of hours so expect that he will be screaming for a feed soon.

Cath - Of the possible 2 days next week for the meet up I am only available now on Tuesday 27/11.

Off to the Childcare Clinic this week. I am sure L will have put on weight (not sure how much tho). On Friday I am going to a community education session on the first 9 weeks with a baby. Hopefully I will get some tips or hints.

Welcome back Rebecca. Had wondered how you and your girl were getting on.

Went shopping by myself after my appointment, no DH or DS. I was actually lonely and missed DS especially when practically everyone else had a baby in tow. How soon we adapt to motherhood. Good chance tho to get some clothes. Need some that are BF friendly.

Viv - we use a combination of burping techniques.I prefer the over the shoulder while DH does the type Kellie does. His does seem more effective and seems to be more hearty IYKWIM.

Rebecca - Welcome back, great to hear from you!

Viv - Yay for finding a burping technique that works! I use both the over the shoulder and the "Kellie" type one (thanks for describing it Kellie!).

Saffi - These newborns hey?! Sometimes only mums cuddles will do. Not so good when they want cuddles in the middle of the night! IKWYM about missing bub when you go out without him.

Nic - Glad to hear Tyron is feeding and sleeping so well for you!

How are all the Melbourne mums coping with this heat? Kieran has been OK, I have a fan on in his room when he naps which is helping heaps. It's horrible when they want to be cuddled and you are both so sweaty! I have to peel Kieran from my arms!

I finally got around to writing my birth story this afternoon. If anyone wants a read (warning - it is fairly long!), you can find it here: [url="http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=52455"]The Beautiful Arrival of Kieran Heath - 31/10/07 - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby[/url]

Viv- After a feed Ryan gets walked around if he doesn't burp I put him on his tummy on a burping mat (like a small cot matress protector) and rub his back he's guaranteed to belch every time! Sometime when he cries I just turn him on his tummy and he stops I don't know why, then when hes asleep he can be rolled onto his back and is happy as larry! Guess reflux and wind doesn't hurt as much on your tum?

Catherine-I pretty much given up on the boobing, supply wasnt increasing and needing all these antibiotics I've just given up trying he's happy on the formula he loves it and has been a happier healthier bub on it it's just me that keeps trying to fight the losing battle of the boob. He's started to refuse it now he used to be a boobie pig but now he knows its followed by the bottle he wants to skip the boob stage..

What's involved for woman at the 6 week check? I'm just wanting them to squish my tum to see if I need more antibiotics or a curette and that's it. DTD and it feels no different to before bubs just a little tender sometimes but I had that before anyway. Bleedings on and off, I'll not get anything for a few days then a little, then nothing, then a little, then a little more, then nothing, wish it would make up its mind! Loving the liners instead of the towelsized but wish i didnt need anything!

Mo- love ricketts point , lovely and shady. Sounds excellent.

Yeah this Melb heat suxs when it comes suddenly. i spent today in the shopping centre, nice and cool! Spent too much money though.

how do you hotter climate gals go wrappping baby in hot weather? L wakes herself all the time if i dont strap her arms down.

Another burping possy besides those mentioned..... i put her on her tummy across my knee, usually on a pillow.

Is it wrong to enjoy picking the snot out of her nose?!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast