Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #8

Default Babies Born October 2007 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.
    Previous Thread

wow, we've finally got a new thread

if tahlia was a boy, she was probably going to be Ryan

we went to a 1st bday party today, and cause it was so hot, Tahlia slept through the whole thing, only waking for 30 mins for a feed! Hopefully she'll still sleep for me tonight!

Trish - can you believe our bubs are 1 month old!

I just found a pic of Tahlia almost smiling for my ticker... everytime I try to capture the smile on camera she stops!
    Last edited by ~kellie~; December 1st, 2007 at 08:57 PM.

Am I first! yay!!!!!

very touchy subject Circumscion! NO WAY!!! Like viv said they are perfect how they are, and can choose when they get older if they want! But its definately personal choice!Dh is done but we will just explain why he is different, Boys foreskin doesnt come back till they are a 2 or 3 i think! I get upset if I bump Myles and he cries I cant imagine deliberately cutting him but as i said personal choice!

Sorry cant remeber what else was said!

Oh trish that pic is gorgeous by the way!

Better go! Will chat with you later have a great night girls!

oh bugger kellie you beat me too it!ha!

Was the q ... what we would name if we had the oposite sex? We had Luca for a gilr but were not set on it!

becky Guest

Yep definately personal choice! Up to you completely.

I cant believe how fast the time is going! My little girl is already over 6 weeks! God! And its only like 6 weks until my little man turns 2!!!! Oh my gosh!!

LizzysMum Guest

If Amara was a boy she would be Daniel.

No circumcisions would have been done here. Besides my philosophical viewpoint on the subject - I would rather my son be like his peers than his Dad.

Night all,

Amelia Guest

If we had a girl her name would be Hanna Vyolett or Hanna Charlotte.

Phil & i couldn't agree on a name for a boy so I'm glad we had a little girl, he wanted Philip Jr & there is no way i was letting him do that.

Maddi has been since 8:30am she did have a few power naps. She is finally asleep now, My goodness was she a cranky baby.

I can't believe Maddi is almost 10 weeks where has the time gone.

Trish love the pic, I've tried to get Maddi smiling but she always stops when the cam is out.

Morning!

Kellie - What a cute pic! I can't believe our bubs are officially a month old! It feels like yesterday that we were still waiting around for them to be born!

Mo - Wow, 10 weeks already! You always have put cute pics of Maddi on your ticker!

Catherine - Have a good trip, 15 hours is a long time in a car!

Tiff - Glad the reunion went well, that will be great to catch up regularly with some of the other mums.

Have a great day everyone!

LizzysMum Guest

Hi All,

My friend with the twins named them Hayley and Jessica, Jessica is the one who passed away. We are all stil very sad. Its hrd to explain to Eliza as she understands what twins are and expects there to be 2 babies of course.

Starting to have better evenings lately instead of screaming from 8pm until 11pm at least she is mostly calm. Last night even a little sleep! Fed at about 10.30pm and then not until 5am! Sometime in there though she spewed out of her cot onto the floor next to my bed and I stepped in it LOL! She must have just gone back to sleep!

Shame Eliza woke at 2.30am, 3am etc cripes if its not one its the other!

Then at 6.30am a massive poop explosion and all over the suit and our sheet - that will teach me for using a sposie GRRRRRR!!!! We never ger leaks out of MCN fitteds and a cover......sigh

DH and Eliza have gone fishing and Mum is coming over to colour my hair.

Have a good day,

Maddi had a great sleep last night, Went to bed at 11pmish & woke up at 8:40am.
    She woke up starving & devoured her bottle lol

Trish thanks

morning all

Trish - I Know what you mean, it seems like only yesterday that were discussing ways to bring on labour!

we had a good night too, she fed at 9.30 then not till 3am! Then she woke again at 7, and after that feed I went back to bed, and woke again at 10 for another feed... I feel almost human after all that sleep!

Hope everyone has a good Sunday! We're off to visit the grand parents

Morning all.

If we had a boy - We were going to call him Chase Joshua, CJ for short. Also we were definately going to have the snip. Losts of reasons, family history, cleaniless and being like his dad etc. Most people have strong views on this.

Had a good night, she fed at 7:30, midnight 4:30 and 9:30. Slept well inbetween all feeds.
    Got people coming over for lunch today. Was only given 1hrs notice! REALLY peed off about that... Will never leave anything upto hubby again!

Have a great day all.

a girl for us meant olivia kate or ella enid,

about the circumsision, my sister got her boys done and thats cool, she left it up to her husband, and he got given the choice at 15 to do it and he did, so he got his sons done. but i am definately not getting lachie done. and there little foreskins aren't supposed to move until around 1 or 2 year old... they wil teach us how much i can be manouvred.

oh well, each to their own it certainly is a touchy subject.

Hi all

If we had a girl she would have been named Emily. I personally like Charlotte but our surname starts with a Sh sound so Sh Sh was too much. I also liked Hannah Isabella (a name of an ancestor) but DH didn't like it.

Re circ: I always thought that I would want to get it done. DH like most of his generation was done. I got put off by a couple of things a) only 10% of children are done now feel it was important that he looks like his peers and not his Dad, b) most Drs won't do it and I couldn't be bothered arguing with them when I have no particular reason to have it done except cosmetic or hygiene, and c) we can always get it done if it is medically necessary at a later time or he decides on his own to do it as fashion or medical technology changes.

Woke L up at 10pm last night to do the final feed. Fed him 100mls of EBM and he went straight back to sleep. Up tho at 2am, then at 4.30 and then at 6.30, but each time only fed him from one side and he was really easy to put back to sleep again. Felt bad about waking him up as he looked so peaceful, but it did mean that I had over 3 hours of sleep before he next woke up so it was worth it.

DH come in with fish and chips for lunch so I'm off.

Back later

becky Guest

Perhaps its a good idea to check out the 'circurcision' thread on here, might give you a few more ideas. Most people feel very strongly one way or the other about it which can sometimes cause tension.

Not doing much today. Both my kiddies have been very good this morning thank god! It's nice to just have quiet days at home!
    So its a definate, 11:30 Tues the 11th at Garden City for the Brissy girls??

Claire Guest

If Harry had been a girl we would probably have called him Abigail Rose.

Circumcision - Nope. DH has been done and if he had wanted Harry done I may have conceded, but he wasn't bothered so no from us!

Emily has a temp today so I may not be there tomorrow at the meet-up, I'll see how she goes today and how she feels in the morning.

ETA: Harry slept from 8-5am - wonderful!!

becky... we will make it a definate for the meetup hoever comes, comes. its a shame cth isnt coming lol lachlan loves ro

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast