Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #8

Cath- you didn't miss it, i never mentioned it i don't think. Lu has uneven leg creases, no biggie, just had to get hips checked, and they are just fine! I presume cervix takes a little while to close. GP checked out hoooha today, all good, checked cevix and was closed. But she checked, so i presume it is not uncommon for it to still be open. She said it looks good. Dang! No excuses for DH now...
    Ro- Don't listen to your mother, you dont look like a monkey or a wingnut! You're beeeeeeewdiful!

I find babywise a good guide. But i'm pretty laid back about the whole thing. It is under a pile o crap somewhere that's why i wondered about when to start stretching it out. i remember reading "dont rush into stretching feed out" but that was about all i remembered on that topic. When she was feeding 3 hrs over night i thought "crap! Where is that book? need to pay more attention!" But turns out she was just getting a bit fatter!

Trish- hot weather today had Lu on the boob for longer than usual.

Put her in the pool today, mawhahaaaaa cruel mumma, she thought it was a bit cold! Sooki lala.

I fail to see how a routine is cruel......?

Random thoughts coming out. Tired. Big day shopping and appointments and now MIL! I need beer. Has anyone tried Millers Chill? mmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry to be so incoherent!

LizzysMum Guest

With E I was fairly regimented with a routine but with A that is out the window as she just has to fit in with the rest of us poor love. In saying that I do try and stay home now in the mornings so she can have at least one good sleep per day. Before we had her we would go out in the mornings - so we have also changed to suit her a little too.

We do have a loose routine for Eliza but bedtime is pretty much 7.30-8.30pm and dinner is always at 6pm.

I am feeling slack because I can't spend as much time with A as I did with E, but its just a fact of life. I am not doing her tummy time enough and she is not always getting any nappy free time either as by the time she is fed and I deal with Eliza, she is tired again......

Did some Xmas shopping today AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I hate shops this time of year.

Sorry no personals I just can't keep up with all these posts!

We have a routine for Chelsea...but not Jasmine. Never had one in place until Chelsea was about 4-6 months old....til then we went with the flow...that worked for us.

Not sure about a baby wearing a necklace, what if it got caught?

CatherineL Guest

Ange - I'm glad her hips were all good!! Had me worried there! I'd kill for a pure blonde or perhaps an extra dry... But have no idea what a miller's chiller is?

Peta - I don't like the old school middies routines... they were pretty strict and harsh! Thankgod for brains!! :P

My point of view on this whole thing and I tell people that question our routine is - Sooner or later you have to start a routine. Like Kim said, she started one when Chelsea was 4 or 5 months old. I bet it was some work. A newborn baby is a clean slate... They know no better and they depend on us. Don't have to deal with it in depth later on and fight with a baby when we decide we're sick of it all and need a routine. I'm not saying this is the right way... but it makes good sense to me.

How long is everyone doing tummy time for? At the moment Ro is doing 7 minutes (then she gets tired of holding her head up) a time twice a day. In my 'move baby, move' book - It says 20 minutes...

I wont lie it was hard work getting into a routine...but prior to that age we had no need for a routine...and to this day her routine is still changing.

We dont do tummy time....again another thing we started later on down the track!

I didn't have a routine for Maddi, but she's put her self into one.
    She's been into a routine for about 2 weeks.

Cath-Maddi has about 10-20 mins it really depends on her mood.

Ange glad Lu's hips are fine
    I don't drink beer, more of a Vodka girl.

CatherineL Guest

I wonder how I can get her to have more tummy time then?

Got our photo shoot pics back today. Have put them in Jasmines website.

Catherine do u get down on the floor with Ro...with toys and stuff...that sometimes make it enjoyable and what longer on the floor.

CatherineL Guest

Yeah I do, and she holds her head up looking at me the whole time and doesn't seem to realise she can put her dam head down to rest it... I don't really do the toy thing yet, but I get down with her and sing to her... sometimes I put her on her playmat for tummy time because it's colourful and got black and white striped zebras on it, which I read babies love! At the beginning like at one week, she'd only do 1 minute a time but i'd do the one minute a few times a day... I suppose she's getting better - I just don't want her to be behind on the developmental stuff! ya know?

Hey guys,

how r u? Only have like 2 mins, took DD to the paed today about her sacral dimple - all in all she is very happy with her and says she is strong and healthy and developing well, she is on the small side but she isn't at all worried, but she does have reflux so we are now starting her on zantac (joy!). She was up for like 1/2 hr in the middle of the night just screaming in pain, and was doing it again just now.

And then just when she was screaming DS managed to fall out of his cot (he tries to climb out), knocked his head (apparently he landed on his feet, but then lost his balance and fell forward), and got a blood nose!

Ok, i have to go, need to get my top in the was which now has blood all over it!
    Last edited by Yael; May 4th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.

New thread time ladies

Love

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011