Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #8

Hello Gorgeous Mummies!

Sorry - but there are way too many pages to catch-up on... I'm sick have a cold = really sore throat and runny nose etc. Have had it since Monday Doing the 4am feeds is so much harder when you feel like carp.

Sizes = Kaylee was out of the '0000' within two weeks, and a couple of days ago I moved out of the '000' into the '00' for the all-in-one jumpsuits and wondersuits = her legs are too long for them. But in dresses, t-shirts, pants, suits without legs etc she is still in the '000'. Am I missing something - I didn't think Kaylee was very big or that long, but her legs are def too long for the '000' suits.

Baby brain combined with a cold = completely gah-gah. Hope everyone else is doing better than me!!

Peta- Lu is same as Kaylee, size wise. They are almost 4 weeks older than some bubs here though.

You gals sure can talk!!

Back in town!!!

Mo the directions will get me there thanks for that!!

Jasmine is still in 0000 clothes. 000 swims on her...they are huge!!

ETA: Post pg brain....wrong day for meet up!!
    Last edited by visitor1; December 5th, 2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Blonde moment!

Ive got Tyron on a number 2 Advent teat because i have been putting a thickener in with the ebm. Seems to help keep things down although he is still a spewy baby.
    We have a phone book and towell underneath the bassinett matress so he's propped up a bit.

1hr to drink 120ml would be very frustrating. Nixon used to take an Hour to bf for months so i understand how teadious and esp at night feeds frustrating that it can be. Hopefully u might find a bottle and teat suited more to her, but its all an expense isnt it none of this stuff is cheap!

Peta- As Ange said you bub is a whole month older then a lot of these bubs so i dont think she is a big baby just older than most of ours!

have fun at the meet up qld girls!

CatherineL Guest

ROFL @ Peta... Ro doesn't fit 00 in the bonds all in ones anymore because her legs are too fat and her feet are too long and she can't really stretch in them!

Ange, still 3 hourly during the day and one feed at around 3 - 3.30. Is that what you meant?

Amber, what's the teething necklace?

I use #2 Avent teats. Takes Jasmine around 10 mins to drink 150ml.

becky Guest

Sorry Cath, can you PM me that site for headbands?

Thanks Cath for the info

WB Kim, hope the trip home was better
    Last edited by Khaleesi; December 6th, 2007 at 07:05 AM.

Morning everyone!

Welcome back Kim! How was the trip home?

I think we may be having a growth spurt, Kieran has been waking earlier than usual for feeds, I feel like he is permanently attached to me! Surely he has grown enough! I don't want him to grow up too quickly, he will be a big boofa before I know it. It's funny how with Joel I couldn't wait for him to get bigger and go through new stages and with Kieran I just want him to stay little because I know how fast it all goes. I want to savour it all.

Have a great day everyone!

I know how you are feeling Trish! Trish when did you start stretching Joel's feeds out from 3 hrs? (Can you remember?! )

Cath the reason i asked, i think Lu had a growth spurt. She wanted to feed every 3 hours day and night, then she slept one whole day and fed 3 hourly for another 24hrs. I was questioning myself because she has pretty much always only woken for one feed in the night. But she slept normally last night, just woke for feed at 3.45. So i think we are back on track! I'm still feeding 3hrs in the day, but going to stretch out to 3.5 soon i think......

Viv- How's the red spots?

:waves: hi everyone.

Mothers group yesterday, good fun. Also did a 5km pram walk up and down a few hills. i can feel the fat melting off!
    Off shopping in Mornington with a GF, then to docs to check Lu's hips out. Have a fabbo day.

Ange - I can't remember exactly when, but Baby Wise says anywhere from 5 - 8 weeks you can stretch them out to 3.5 hours. Glad Lu is back on track, it is tiring when they want to feed all night!

The trip home was much better. Jasmine still wasnt a happy traveller. We have worked out she gets car sickness....so will be flying from now on. Chelsea also started cracking it in the car...i guess i cant blame them... 2500km over the week wouldnt have been fun!!

morning all

ange - red spots aren't red now, they just look like pale bruises. i have been getting the big fella to drain it where possible - he totally knows he's supposed to, so weird. it hurts, but it's definitely not mast. not sure how long it takes to unblock blocked ducts but i'm getting jack of it. it's nice to be building a stash of milk though for mr piggy later on.

amelia - james would kill me with dagger eyes if i waited 4 hours to feed him (unless he was asleep). i just can't see how i could go more than 2.5 hours if he's been awake, or only had a short sleep. maybe that's why he's such a vom-bag. thing is, he regularly sleeps 8 hours in the first stretch at night, and will only do a 10 minute blast on the boob in the middle of the night. i know i have a big supply but i wonder why he needs to feed more in the day.

i mull it over all the time - is it because he's hot and dehydrated? maybe, good excuse to feed. is it because he's a big fella? no, because yours can wait four hours. what do you do to distract him if he's on the make for food but it's only 90 minutes or a couple of hours?

catherine - sucks boo on the road incident. worst nightmare ever. when we got the stroller i got this stern look from dh, "ALWAYS put the brake on whenever you stop" *dagger eyes*. i never forgot. but then, sometimes the stroller tries to get away off the footpath when i'm pushing it, maybe coz i'm a bit of gumby with it. *eye roll*

i wondered what that black strap was for.

yael - you are hardcore. i marvel at how my mum had 9, back in the day when big families were de rigeur and mums were trained to do it properly in school. i am flat out with one. i think it all comes down to support. if you have all that support and community then why not!! makes for great holidays with lots of people.

saffi - unless you wanted to bundle the carp out of a kid and blast the a/c, it would be impossible in a queensland summer to keep a kid at 16-20. i wouldn't want to go into his room. is your a/c in the baby room or drifting in from another room? ours drifts in, so it's easy for me to control because he has a ceiling fan that i can crank up and down to hurry it up (or not). 18 degrees to me = winter and explorer socks. *shudders at the thought of winter on these tiles*

Well...my work just keep throwing money at me - not that I am complaining. I went into work yesterday and I get told that I will be getting around $3500 in incentive payments cause we met and went beyond target this year!! WOW I didnt even know we got incentive payments! Oh, and when my boss sent away the papers for my maternity pay they said that I wasnt supposed to get it. But I had a letter from my HR rep which said i did! So YAY!! Is gonna help heaps. Oh and they are offering me shares in the company now - for nothing!
    Well - went to woolies and the chemist last niht and the only slow flow teat they had were advent ones. They had medium flow ones in Tommee Tippee but when i tried Caitlyn on it this morning I could hear her gulping and could feel the air going into her poor little tummy. So I switched back to the Avent one. Sooooo didnt want a repeat of yesterday for the poor little thing. Last night was pretty good - 3 hourly feeds. TAking an hour in total now to feed, burp, change and settle her. So I'm not doing too bad. Just gotta keep her up a bit later at night. When we put her down initially she sleeps for about 5 hours so will try that tonight.
    Well she just had a feed (Kim - I wish it only took 10 mins!) and is settling in her swing. I am off to shower and then if she is still asleep, going to ebay some decorations for her nursery - bored with it already!

We seem to be averaging 2 pages per day ATM!

Sizes - Tiera got weighed yesterday and is now a chubby 4.1kg. YAY!!! 250g in a week. Clothing wise she still fits into 0000's some little all in one seem to be quite fitted, but length ways there fine. As they start to get tught on her tummy I will take her up a size.

Growth spurt - For all of you that are going through it or are yet to go through it, take comfort in the fact that it only lasts around 48hrs. I was so releaved to hear that! It will be all over and done with before you know it!
    I had big cudddles with my boy yesterday arvo and said my good byes. Cuz I was crying he kept licking me and putting his big chunky head on me. He is just beautiful, but he spent his first night in a new home! I'm going to get DH to call the guy to see how he went.

Rebecca - Thats awesome! I bet you'll put it to good use just before Xmas!

Had a good night with Tiera, but didn't get much sleep myself. After our house being exterminated twice in 2 months we had 2 ****roahes roaming around last night, which are now dead! But if thats not bad enough, I had just put Tiera back to bed after her feed at 4am and saw a small black spider on my arm!!! I quickly brushed it off, but couldn't get back to sleep, as all I could think was 'If it have had of been on her and she was bitten, we would never have known'. I know she would have cried, but unless we saw the spider on her, we wouldn't have known why! This thought REALLY scared me and is still playing on my mind. My neighbour was bitten by a redback a couple of weeks before I had her and he went to hossy and was treated, but he is a grown man! We can say where it hurts and identify a spider, babies can't. AHHHHHHH! I'm a stress head, aren't I???

lol Well after all of that... Have a great day all

Cath here is a thread to look at Amber teething necklaces... - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby
    It got a bit heated I think?

Morning all

Viv - L sleeps in our room atm and we have an a/c unit in there (an old window unit - not like the nice split system we have installed in L's room). Overnight, i swaddled him and them put a waffle weave blanket over him. This seemed to work well and he didn't feel hot or have a soaked wrap when I fed him later on. After his 3am and 5am feeds just had the wrap and again seemed ok. Who knows!

Went out for dinner again last night. Took us an hour of driving around to settle him mind you, but once we got to the restaurant he slept long enough for us to get through breads and mains. Considering he didn't sleep more than an hour at a time all day we thought we'd be in for a rough time.

Going to my work Xmas party this afternoon. Taking L in to show off to everyone. A colleague had a baby a week before me so it will be a chance to compare babies.

Have a good day.

CatherineL Guest

UH O... Sorry Becky, I did see your request last night when I was reading but forgot to PM you.... Have now though...

Ange - So funny you said that, remember how the two days before we did our big trip Ro wouldn't leave the breast, was fine in the car and then ever since she hasn't wanted to leave my boob! Sleeps fine at night still though? So i'm not sure whether it is a growth spurt or whether she's just feeling unsure about being in a new environment. I don't loyally follow babywise, I actually do my own thing which is a compilation of 'contented baby' and 'babywise' but rather flexible with it all since we left home. I do rather babywise as I like that it's more flexible than CB, but there are things in CB that I also like. I probably wouldn't recommend it to a new mum (the CB that is) because I think they might read it and think it's gospel and perhaps stress themselves over it? But we're happy... it works for us!

Have I missed something??? Is there something wrong with little Lu's hips???

Trish - I am in a hurry for Ro to grow up because I like you said, want to see her reach new development stages! I can't wait for her to be more interactive and teach her things... I already sing her the ABC's and she does a stupid huffing kinda laugh and smiles at me like i'm a d!ck!

Vivienne - What black strap? Glad the spots are getting better...

Amber - I ended up searching it on google and was led to that thread... Interesting stuff.. that new poster seems a bit dodgey - it's not half obvious...

In regards to room temp, I must be the only one that doesn't really give it too much thought? We have a room temp on our angel breathing and sound monitor and I always have a glance at it and basically just use common sense. If I feel feral and sticky well chances are she is too - so on goes the ducting through the whole house and I never have it on chilly just comfortable... We haven't really had to deal with the cool issue yet, except there was a day or two when she was just a couple of weeks old and it was rainy and storming so I just put her in an all in one. I like what Christine said - (Vivienne's mum) which makes sense - they don't mind the warmth because when you think about it, they are used to the tropical climate cause they have lived in our bodies for 9 months... imagine how hot it is in there! Certainly no a/c happening in utero...

On another note, my baby is 6 weeks!! I can FINALLY go to the gym!!!!! I haven't had my six week check-up because obviously I can't get to Louie but will go as soon as we get home... But I am going to head down to the local (which is really ***** - but better than nothing) gym today... I won't be going hardcore because I don't really want to be sore tomorrow...

Have a lovely day today guys!

ETA - That first smiley has nothing to do with anything really... I just sore him decided I like him! LOL

ETA2 - I know my post is long enough but I forgot to tell you guys the most important thing!!! Rochelle is now a wingnut... looks like it will be headbands loyally for her! ROFL... and another thing I just thought of was... I know this is a bit gross but has anyone had a feel inside their vajayjay? Last week when I was in the shower, thought i'd put a finger in just to see if everything still felt intact (WAS thinking about DTD), anyway I scared myself when I felt my cervix still open... so since I could feel it it must still be pretty low too! Reckon that's normal? Anyone else like this?
    Last edited by CatherineL; December 6th, 2007 at 10:37 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast