Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #3

Hi!

Nikki - I'm sooo sorry to hear about what happened! Please don't be too hard on yourself...I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said - but big big hugs to you and Chantelle! I'm just so glad to hear everything is ok! We all make mistakes sometimes...

Melly - Thanks! Yeah..I'm just going to stay out of the argument from now on..they can deal with it amongst themselves. I don't want any extra stresses in these last few weeks...
    Wow at all those teeth! I hope he's feeling better today! Logan sounds very cute with all that walking around!

Missy - Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure it will all go well!! I can understand that you'll miss him though! It certainly is hard to keep them occupied now sometimes!

Rachael - Glad you had a great weekend! Yep- Louis loves the phones and remote controls!! We just keep them all out of reach although sometimes we let him have a little play with the phones. Also when family call up we's allowed to say hello!

Hi to everyone else! Cindy - I hope everythings gone well with your big move!!

Kristie yes im sure it will be fine *fingers crossed*

hi girls,

dani.. have you found a website to upload yours videos yet? i use an excellent site which i then link the videos up onto ethan's website. it's REALLY good and very easy to use, and you can put pics up as well. i've pm'ed you the website. can't wait to see jett on the drums... what a cool name btw!

tracey.. yay for jordan taking his first steps! i remember i was the same when ethan started walking... it's quite a milestone aye? no, not ttc yet.. johnny just got back from a bucks weekend, then i've got the hens this weekend, and the wedding next weekend... gonna need a bit of time to clear out all that alcohol! hehe..

oh nikki.. don't be too hard on yourself. it must've been awful for you to go through, but good on you for not panicing in a situation like that. you sound like a wonderful mother, and i'm sure chantella knows it too

heya rachael.. wow look at milo! is he walking now? has he said any words? ethan is zip zipping all over the place but hasn't uttered anything besides baby babble. the childhood nurse says if he wants anything, don't let him have it until he says what it is... i thought that was a bit tough. what if he was really, really hungry... he has to say 'apple' or 'banana' first?

wow, this thread sure moves fast!

Oh Nikki, I just read your post. What a horrible horrible experience for you both. Could so easily happen. Tis easy to forget our little bubbas are still fragile especially now they are growing so strong and independent. You are a fantastic mother and I know you'll never allow anything like this to happen again. xx

Hi!

Had to post...I bought Louis some simpsons slippers last week and he's so in love with them! hehe. Everytime he puts them on he starts running around the house all excited -He now says bart simpson when he puts them on! hehe.
    Little terror won't go to sleep today...grrr! I've just tried again but I can here him gasbagging. He was singing "dorothy dorothy" before and saying "a, b, c". I swear he's a little nutter! Hehe.
    I wish he would go to sleep though!!!! He better not even think about dropping his day sleeps this early!!!

I can't get motivated today...I haven't even had a shower! Dh will get home soon and the house is a pigsty...lucky he isn't too fussy! hehe.

Dana - I'm sure Ethan will talk soon!!

Hi Kirsty!! Hope you're well!!
    Last edited by Krisvee; February 26th, 2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Adding a hello to Kirsty!

Nikki - I'm forever telling Dh to keep an eye on Benjamin in the bath water, he likes to walk away and do things, I tell him that it only takes a second...he always shakes it off, "he's a boy, he'll be right" He forgets like your unfortunate turn of event with Chantelle, that a child can drown in a inch of water. I never let him fill the bath above Benjamin's hips. There's plenty of water for him in there to play with. It's just really scary stuff when it actually happens, and you just freak out majorly. I'm just happy Chantelle is alright. You did the right thing in dragging her out of there and trying to expell the water as quickly as possible. You just have too, every second is vital.

Rachael - Benjamin loves remotes, and phones of any sorts. Even if they include someone elses when we are over at friends places.

Well, I'm without a car again. Dh fell asleep at the wheel again Friday arvo on the way home from work and ploughed it up the backside of a guy's trailer. The trailer was ripped off the back end of the 4 wheel drive that was towing it, and the 4 wheel drive went up the backside of a tradey's trailer and into his ute. I was also told that my 17 yr old brother is going to be a daddy in August. And now, my sister could be pregnant too, to a guy she slept with who has a girlfriend and kids. My sister just went through a messy break up, with her boyfriend of 1 year, did the dirty with this guy and is now going out with her ex's best mate. They say it all comes in 3's don't they, but all in one day is just mind blowing...

Melissa

Oh Melissa, I hope your DH is OK.

Oh Melissa - I'm so glad your dh is ok! How scary! Bugger about being without a car though...
    What a day that you've had...I hope you're sisters not p/g for her own sake...sounds like a bit of a mess! How do you think your brother will cope being such a young daddy? Is he in a stable relationship??
    I hope it all sorts out....

Kristie - My little brother has been going out with his 21yr old girlfriend for over 2 yrs now I think. He was wanting to leave her this yr until he found out she was pg. The family say that she has trapped him now. Haven't had time to talk to him with trying to sort out insurance. My little sister has just done the ultimate in stupid things. My mum was only saying the other week "I don't have a 2nd daughter" with all the court things and trouble she gets into, I try my best to have very little to do with her. She's staying with my little brother and his girlfriend and mate now, and they are hoping she isn't pg just like the rest of us.

Rachael - No body was hurt in the accident. Just have to pay the excess of $350. It doesn't effect my insurance rating because I'm ratiung one for life. But if insurance was solely on him, it would push him back to a rating 3 I think.

I've decided to go for my manual driver's lic now. The other car we are doing up has a bit more power than I think my dh can handle. Even though it was bought for him, I have no intentions of letting him loose behind the wheel of it now.

Melissa

Dana - Milo is walking/running around now. He says mum, dad and some other words - but he understands a lot more than the ones he says. Most theing that he wants he says 'get' or 'that' and reaches for it. I agree with the making him tell me what he wants to an extent.

We still need to get his hearing and fluid levels checked though, but I have to wait until he is a month clear of teething, so fingers crossed sometimes in March/April. Something else to add to my list of q's to ask the paed. in March

Hi guys, Have not been posting a lot lately as we're doing things a pretty tough at the moment with Gussy. Don't want to seem like I'm always having a medical drama with him. Have been keeping up with your posts as much as I can given the amount of hospital time we've had. Just last week we went up the coast for a holiday. Ended up spending three days of it with him in hospital. Aghhhh so have had to come home early. There's a huge raft of things going wrong at the moment. Probably the most serious is neurological. Gussy's got swelling on his brain and it's scary. He's having an MRI under general anaesthetic on Wednesday so the neurosurgeon can try to establish the cause... aghhhh just want everything to be ok.

Hi to all. Tis terribly hard to keep up with personals now there's so much chit chat. he he. Tis lovely - not complaining, just kind of apologising for my slackness. Still chronically sleep deprived. Maximum unbroken sleep is still 2 hours - but can be getting up every few minutes with Gus's kangaroo pump alarming throughout the night or getting tangled in the NG tube. I'm sort of finding it hard to retain information at the moment with the lack of sleep so please don't think I'm being insensitive by not writing personals. I love reading all about your bubbas. Hopefully our situation will change for the better at some stage soon. xx

hi kirsty.. i've just joined this thread so i'm just starting to get to know you all. sounds like you've got some testing times ahead of you. i can't say i've ever had to go through what you are but my heart went out to you while i read your post. i hope everything goes well with the neurosurgeon on wednesday.. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. big hugs!

Hi!

Dinners cooked...dh and I aren't talking....GRRR! He came home this afternoon and didn't really play with Louis and then snoozed and then when it was bath time he was all cross with him and was taking his toys off him and was going to pull him out after 3min so I said that I'd bath him..of course he thinks I'm just taking over but I was just cross...I'm just extra touchy at the moment and we've just had a weekend without him and Louis misses him so much when he goes away...
    Anyway...

Melissa - I'm so sorry for all the dramas. It must be so hard on you all...Sounds like a good idea with the cars!!

Rachael - I hope Milo's tests are all ok!!

Kirsty - Ooh I'm so sorry your having such a rough time...I just can't imagine how hard it must be for you...I don't really know what to say...I hope everything is ok - please let us know how you go later in the week. Poor Gussyboy!

Kirstie I hope all goes wlell with Gus's appointment.
    Krisite sorry to hear you had a bad night with DH. I am sure a good night sleep will put a positive on everything.
    Nikki I am so glad all is ok. DOnt be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes, atleast all is well. BIG CUDDLES TO YOU and CHANTELLE
    Melissa so glad DH is ok. Wow you certainly have lots going on at the moment.

Well only 1 more working day and 4 days will we go away. I cant wait. I know I say it heaps but its our 1st major holiday as a family.
    Dance class was ace tonight. I am so enjoying it.
    Jordan is getting better at saying mum mum and walking on his own for a little bit. Slow and steady is our moto.

Take care have a nice night everyone

Time for a new thread ladies!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678